For the Chipwell Fans

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aaryq
Adventurer

For the Chipwell Fans

Unread post by Aaryq »

Howdy, folks.
What books would I need to own that cover the Chipwell kit? I was reading a humour section on a different website, and figured out that a traveling Chipwell Sales Team would be the preface for a great campaign. You get all the Chipwell equipment you want, replaced when you call for it (within reason) and as long as you make sales you get your commission (25% commission plus tips and bonuses). Only rule is you can't ditch the Chipwell kit once you take the contract.
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: For the Chipwell Fans

Unread post by jaymz »

Mercenaries and Merc OPs are pretty much the only to places I am aware of that has any Chipwell stuff in it....and Riter, I want to say #3, with the official article on Archie etc.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

jaymz wrote:Mercenaries and Merc OPs are pretty much the only to places I am aware of that has any Chipwell stuff in it....and Riter, I want to say #3, with the official article on Archie etc.

Rifter #4
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
jaymz wrote:Mercenaries and Merc OPs are pretty much the only to places I am aware of that has any Chipwell stuff in it....and Riter, I want to say #3, with the official article on Archie etc.

Rifter #4

Danke, #4
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
The Galactus Kid

jaymz wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Rifter #4

Danke, #4

Its a personal favorite. I'm working on creating a merc group funded by ARCHIE-3 which uses Titan Robotics gear, much of it from that issue.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
jaymz wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Rifter #4

Danke, #4

Its a personal favorite. I'm working on creating a merc group funded by ARCHIE-3 which uses Titan Robotics gear, much of it from that issue.

Wasn;t that one of the HLS type ideas given in that issue?

Yeah it is defintely one of my faves for hte expanded Archie Material alone...

\m/
The Galactus Kid

I think so. I'd have to go dig it up, but as you can tell by the Rifts forum, I've been working on some Triax stuff over teh past week or so.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I think so. I'd have to go dig it up, but as you can tell by the Rifts forum, I've been working on some Triax stuff over teh past week or so.

Triax good.....Triax 2 better.....at least the text anyway.....

\m/
The Galactus Kid

jaymz wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I think so. I'd have to go dig it up, but as you can tell by the Rifts forum, I've been working on some Triax stuff over teh past week or so.

Thanks. I'm working to update the Triax O.C.C.s.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
jaymz wrote:

As in bring hte original OCCs up to RUE standard?

\m/
The Galactus Kid

jaymz wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
jaymz wrote:

To preventus from derailing this thread even further (I apologize) here is the Linksauce.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
jaymz wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
jaymz wrote:

To preventus from derailing this thread even further (I apologize) here is the Linksauce.

Danke..

as for this thread...I think those are the only 3 sources of anything Chipwell related unfortunately....DOing a travelling GAW or Wellington Industries might give you more of a selection of gear to work with as GAW has all sorts of retro tech available and WI is pretty up to date though not a tech SUPER power by any stretch. They are both sort of between Chipwell versus say NG/Titan robotics.

\m/
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Chipwell HAS fans?
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

well, cheap armor = quantity, and as the saying goes, quantity has a quality of its own.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Shark_Force wrote:well, cheap armor = quantity, and as the saying goes, quantity has a quality of its own.

Agreed. I think Chipwell (or other armiments like it) would be alot more common on Rifts Earth. The logic being what's printed in Rifts Mercenaries "many princlings whould like a dozen men in PA rather than 1 suit, and a polished Warmonger looks as good as any."
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Supergyro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Supergyro »

Balabanto wrote:Chipwell HAS fans?

Chipwell, for gamers who like character over stat numbers
"The key is your mind, control and master it. Doing that will not only master your body, but also enable you to shape the world around you to your every desire."

---Said by a Psyscape teacher to a class of Psi Warriors
---Said by a Mindwerks technician, before he drills the hole in your skull
Balabanto
Champion

If you define character as "easily destroyed."
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

The freat thing about Chipwell armor is that no expects them to be tough. They're perfect for a few Techno-Wizard "upgrades" that no one will see coming!
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Mack wrote:The great thing about Chipwell armor is that no expects them to be tough. They're perfect for a few Techno-Wizard "upgrades" that no one will see coming!

:ok: You took the words right out of my mouth. I did exactly that and got the jump on a lot of people that underestimated him (him as in my PC), i.e. ignored him completely and targeted the other people in the group. A similar concept is used when building certain types of muscle cars (usually referred to as "sleeper cars"). because you cannot tell any thing has been change by it's outside appearance. Which is how I got the idea to do that to the armour.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

Mack wrote:The freat thing about Chipwell armor is that no expects them to be tough. They're perfect for a few Techno-Wizard "upgrades" that no one will see coming!

I 2nd that man add a few G.A.W with magic and WHAM YOUR DEAD
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

jaymz wrote:

do not feed Aten and White's egos.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

My Merc Company Tactical Hazardous Engagements [aka T.H.E.] really like GAW & Wellington. "For men who like to kill things with bullets"
Balabanto
Champion

ZINO wrote:
Mack wrote:The freat thing about Chipwell armor is that no expects them to be tough. They're perfect for a few Techno-Wizard "upgrades" that no one will see coming!

I 2nd that man add a few G.A.W with magic and WHAM YOUR DEAD

My problem with that is it leads to people with a "Have Psionics and Sixth Sense or you're dead" mentality. Anything can be metagamed, just in different ways. If you have no psionics, you should never uses this tactic, because it leaves you more vulnerable to snipers and surprise bombardment.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

And FWIW, the Chipwell Assault Suit (Mercs p145) is actually a pretty good deal. If you use it as heavy infantry (like the CAI-50 on the previous page) instead of normal power armor, it's a downright steal at only 250,000 credits.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Balabanto wrote:Chipwell HAS fans?

Yes, much like Bose, Monster Cable, and Apple.

:D
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

No seriously though, if you were in a tight spot and had to outfit a fresh army or small militia, they would be a better alternative to bare skin, even with just a few hundred SDC.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

Has anyone created their own Chipwell Forces?
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

Aaryq wrote:Has anyone created their own Chipwell Forces?
yes i do a total of 13 players small merc outfit
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Aaryq wrote:Has anyone created their own Chipwell Forces?

I used it for a towns militia but not a straight up army or merc outfit.

\m/
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

I mean has anyone created their own Chipewll suits, armour, or weapons.
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

Aaryq wrote:I mean has anyone created their own Chipewll suits, armour, or weapons.

Well, in real life I have 3 junked cars sitting out back, my guess is thats at least 12 Chipwell armors ...does that count? :lol:

Return to “Rifts®”