True Atlantean Psychics

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlanGunhouse
Champion

True Atlantean Psychics

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Is there an official list anywhere os what psychic classes an Atlantean can be? I was in a debate about whether Psi-Slayers are possible.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: True Atlantean Psychics

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

DB15, pg 48; Available O.C.C.s for Atlanteans: wrote: Any, but most lean toward those designated as Atlantean O.C.C.s described in this book and O.C.C.s related to magic, psionics, science, medicine and scholastic pursuits. Atlanteans NEVER consent to bionic conversion or cybernetic implants, and due to their unique nature, they can NOT become Juicers or Crazies. Any kind of Juicer or Crazy conversion process is likely (95%) to kill the Atlantean!
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Not quite what I mean. Is there a listing of Psychic OCC's open to True Atlanteans?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

AlanGunhouse wrote:Not quite what I mean. Is there a listing of Psychic OCC's open to True Atlanteans?

Not as such.
And since the Psi-Slayer is listed as a mutation, it will be up to your GM to decide if Atlanteans can have the mutation or not.
It's a judgement call like so much of the game.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

AlanGunhouse wrote:Is there an official list anywhere os what psychic classes an Atlantean can be? I was in a debate about whether Psi-Slayers are possible.

World Book 2 (pg16) lists common OCCs for the TA. Psychic containing ones:
-Mind Melter
-Mind Bleeder (Africa or Psycape)
-Mystics
-Stone Masters, via gem powers have access to psychic powers
-Techno Wizards (they are ALL minor psychics)

It does say any non magic OCC is available. This rules out RCCs, unless of course it is stated other races can learn it (ex. Amaki Duelist). Now when WB2 was written Psi Stalkers where an RCC (in RMB) and not an OCC (as in RUE). It should be noted that as an OCC the Psi-Stalker OCCs both have the "Racial Requirement: Psi-Stalkers are mutant humans only". Which means that NO, a TA can not become a Psi-Stalker due to the racial requirement.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

When World Book 2 was written Psi-Slayers didn’t exist.

But I agree with the statement that since it’s a mutation it would require a GM decision. I lean towards not allowing it, but YMMV.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

eliakon wrote:
AlanGunhouse wrote:Not quite what I mean. Is there a listing of Psychic OCC's open to True Atlanteans?

Not as such.
And since the Psi-Slayer is listed as a mutation, it will be up to your GM to decide if Atlanteans can have the mutation or not.

Interesting that a Mind Bleeder is allowed...I thought they were mutants or aliens as well.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Secrets of the Atlanteans (page 49) says "Basically the same as humans including Master Psionics who can select psionics OCC's such as the Mind Melter, Mind Bleeder, Psi-Ghost, Burster, Zapper ect. (See Rifts@ World Book 12: Psyscape for a large selection of psychic OCC's)"

That implies nearly all classes from Psyscape should be available and possibly others.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

AlanGunhouse wrote:
eliakon wrote:

Not as such.

Interesting that a Mind Bleeder is allowed...I thought they were mutants or aliens as well.

Atlanteans were described as Mind Bleeders in WB2, which I think came out before WB4 when they were finally statted out.

WB12 (Psyscape) pretty much affirmed that humans can still be Mind Bleeders though, as page 48 specifies "The following Psychic Character Classes or R.C.C.s are all available to humans." (their choice of italics, not mine)

The list included Mind Bleeder right after the Burster. Although page 52 of Psyscape still includes "an almost completely human-looking D-bee" (and also "Human-like D-Bee" on 55) we should keep in mind that humans originating from other dimensions can be referred to as D-bees, and "-like" does not explicitly deny one being membership. There are dwarf-like humans and elf-like humans, but most humans are human-like humans.

Technically, since True Atlanteans have lived for centuries in pocket dimensions before returning to Earth, they've basically become D-Bees.

AlanGunhouse wrote:Secrets of the Atlanteans (page 49) says "Basically the same as humans including Master Psionics who can select psionics OCC's such as the Mind Melter, Mind Bleeder, Psi-Ghost, Burster, Zapper ect. (See Rifts@ World Book 12: Psyscape for a large selection of psychic OCC's)"

Curious about the Psi-Ghosts, I guess their Nightbane-like immunity to transformation doesn't impede mutating adn gettnig super powers.

"OCC's" = yuck, "OCCs" = yay
AlanGunhouse
Champion

I was just considering the question of Psi-Ghosts, and concluded that Atlanteans would be of those mentioned as Trained by the Psi Ghosts and having all the powers of one except the Heightened Presence Sense, Intangibility, and increased ISP.

Presumably such a character would get standard presence sense on their list of starting powers, though that was not mentioned.

Return to “Rifts®”