Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Feb. 21, 2015
By Kevin Siembieda
We’ve all been super-busy this week on many different fronts: juggling production of several books, assigning work for upcoming books, advertising, a number of business matters, Robotech®, Bizantium, The Rifter®, convention schedules and logistics. (I have to say, I love AdeptiCon and the event hasn’t even happened yet. This is based on our dealing with their convention staff, who are awesome!) It has been nonstop for me. Oh, and I squeezed in a podcast interview.
I’m going to jump right into news and updates, starting with the reminder that The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive ENDS next weekend, and we are continuing to post new, free Robotech® RPG Tactics™ support material and other stuff on DriveThruRPG.com. We’ll also be doing a lot for Robotech® on the Palladium website too. In fact, very soon there will be some exciting and fun changes coming to the Palladium website.
Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive – ENDS next weekend – February 28, 2015 – place your orders – get FREE gifts – have fun
You have ONE week left to subscribe to The Rifter® and get a FREE gift worth as much as $35.85 – and it ends next weekend. This year’s gift selections are the most unique and enticing ever, because I want YOU to discover the value and fun every issue of The Rifter® has to offer. The Rifter® is an excellent gaming resource for players and G.M.s alike. Adventures, monsters, and villains for any given setting can all be easily adapted to other game settings.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive only happens once a year, and in addition to saving $16.00 off the retail price, you can get some cool free gifts, so take a look at it. Please keep The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive going strong. This offer ENDS the weekend of February 28, 2015.
Click here to see the full description for your subscription options and choice of free gift in the Palladium Online Store.
Podcast interview with Kevin Siembieda on ThisWeekInGeek.net
I enjoyed an interview with Mike Dodd earlier this week. It was fun. I think the 40 minutes or so will be edited down to around 20 minutes. Our conversation touched on the gaming industry in the 1980s and 1990s, TMNT®, Robotech®, Rifts® and getting started in the business. It’s fun, and hopefully the first of more to come. It is my understanding that Mike is shooting to have the interview appear on Sunday, but if not, it will be later next week. Check it out.
UPDATE: Chaos Earth® Rise of Magic™ – Ships Next Week – February 24, 2015
We could get Chaos Earth® Rise of Magic™ from the printer as soon as Monday, so get those orders in. Like I said last week, Chaos Earth® Rise of Magic™ is an epic sourcebook for Rifts® Chaos Earth® that explores the explosive return of magic that comes along with the Great Cataclysm. How do survivors of an ongoing cataclysm deal with the sudden appearance of demons, monsters and magic? Magic that appears along the Blue Zones (ley lines) and magic that is suddenly being cast by ordinary people – children and teenagers in particular? Read the book and find out! You won’t be sorry. Taking orders right now.
UPDATE: Chaos Earth® Resurrection™ sourcebook – spring release
Chuck Walton is working away on the final cover for Chaos Earth® Resurrection and it is looking fantastic. Next he’ll start on the interior artwork. I think Amy Ashbaugh will be contributing to this book too. A March or April release, with Chaos Earth® First Responders by Jason Richards coming in the spring or summer.
UPDATE: Bizantium and the Northern Islands™ – Getting close
Bigger. Cooler. Almost done. Expanding size to 192 pages because Bizantium is sooooo good, I can’t bear to leave anything out. Compelling back-story, history, and myth. New and additional material about the kingdom, key locations and its people, the Iceborn, monsters, animals, new character classes, new magic and a ton of adventure hooks. I wanted us to be laying out by this weekend, but other demands on our time made that impossible. I’m working on the remaining 100 or so manuscript pages, Wayne will start typesetting and prep work next week. I love Palladium Fantasy and have missed it as much as you guys.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #69
Everything has been selected, all art has been assigned and The Rifter® #69 is in production. Alex is probably busy editing the last of the material as you read this. See the full description elsewhere in this Update.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #70 and beyond . . .
Matthew Clements has spent this week poring through submissions to The Rifter® so that we have material prepped for the next several issues.
UPDATE: Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines™ Sourcebook
The second I’m done with Bizantium I am all over Robotech® Marines. I want this book out in April at the latest. We’re kicking around ideas for a number of Robotech® products for down the road. Keep your eyes peeled.
UPDATE: The Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Rulebook is available now
Want an extra copy of the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Rulebook for your players? Order it from Palladium Books right now. Heck, Robotech® collectors might want one just to have. A limited quantity of the dynamic full color rule book is available from the Palladium online store. Cat. No. 55105 – $20.00 retail. See the full description elsewhere in this Update.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
It is available in stores across the USA and Canada, and soon in Europe and Australia. Check it out, enjoy and spread the word. Hey, for those of you who would like to see the rules first, you can purchase the full color Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Rulebook directly from Palladium Books. We also intend to make the rules available online. Thousands of people are building and painting miniatures right now. RRT games and tournaments will start popping up at conventions. See what all the excitement is about.
More online support for the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game is coming in the days and weeks ahead. Some new comprehensive instructions for building the game pieces have been posted up on DriveThruRPG.com and much more support for the game line will be coming to DriveThruRPG and the Palladium website in the weeks to come. See the DriveThruRPG update, below.
The FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Color Guide Resource is available on DriveThruRPG.com right now, and has been very well received. Please spread the word about the Color Guide and an ever increasing number of comprehensive building instructions.
The Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rewards to our backers in Europe should be arriving at the UK port this weekend! We don’t yet know an exact arrival date or how long it may take to clear Customs; probably a few days to a week. Our UK shipper requested we get them all current addresses by last MONDAY – February 16 – but there is still time for some last minute corrections, if necessary, so PLEASE MAKE SURE WE HAVE YOUR CURRENT and CORRECT MAILING ADDRESS.
Australian and all other Overseas Backers, we must have any address change by February 28!
The Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rewards to our backers in Australia will be arriving in port in just under three weeks. Our Australian shipper is requesting we get them all current addresses by February 28 – so they can start prepping for the big mailing as soon as product reaches their doorstep. WE want that too. As do you.
If you have MOVED since the Kickstarter was funded, PLEASE MAKE SURE Palladium Books has your CURRENT address as soon as possible. Europe, that means NOW (this weekend) – EVERYONE ELSE by next Saturday, February 28, 2015. Sooner is always welcomed.
To make sure we see it, make the subject “Address Change.”
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!!! Do not risk your reward going to the wrong address because YOU failed to update your address. If your rewards go to the wrong address they might be lost and unreplaceable.
NOTE: Palladium Books will NOT be liable for lost goods if you have moved and did not tell us in time. MOREOVER, you will be required to pay the additional shipping to redirect the package to the correct address. Which, if coming directly from the USA, will be considerable ($60-$120 for just Battle Cry) and you will be charged any applicable VAT, duty and other fees. DON’T LET THAT HAPPEN! Please save yourself the time and money and make sure your address is correct right NOW. Thank you very, very much.
Shipping Port Madness: Thankfully, the shipments en route to Europe and Australia are approaching their final destinations, as the insanity in the US West Coast ports reaches new and frightening heights. I heard a report on the news just this morning that the West Coast cargo gridlock continues with no end in sight! The US government has sent the US Secretary of Labor to the West Coast for two days of talks in an effort to help shipping companies and dock workers come to some kind of agreement. Meanwhile, companies importing product from overseas are losing BILLIONS of dollars while goods remain stuck at 30 ports! And their congestion and ever-mounting number of containers piling up have created congestion at ports around the country. That’s insane. It’s like nothing anyone could have imagined. My heart goes out to companies, like Fantasy Flight, who have a great number of products delayed by this insanity.
UPDATE: ROBOTECH® at AdeptiCon – March 19-22, 2015, Chicago – www.adepticon.org
Palladium will be there selling product and running demos. Chat with Kevin Siembieda, Wayne Smith and Jeff Burke, and play in the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Tournament. We hope to see many of you there. http://www.adepticon.org
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Tournament – Battle for Macross City – It’s big. It’s fun. There are prizes. Register now to make sure you get to play. We’ve been told the more people who register, the bigger the event will become. Here are the highlights:
- This tournament will be 300 points and have several games with fantastic scenarios.
- Each table shall be a beautiful custom creation, for a unique gaming experience.
- Five different awards will ensure that no matter what aspect of the hobby you are most interested in, there is an award that will be for you.
- This tourney is for all levels of players, from first time tournament and convention attendees to the seasoned gamer.
- If you find yourself in the Chicagoland area, we would love for you to sign up, stop by and say hello and meet a group of people who have the same interests as you. Even if you are unlikely to play, we would be happy to meet everyone. Come join the fun, fast-paced game of Robotech® RPG Tactics™. Slots are limited!
UPDATE: DriveThruRPG.com – FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ color guides, detailed and comprehensive building instructions, The Rifter® #59 and more are available now
Palladium continues to provide FREE support to Robotech® RPG Tactics™ with supplemental material. So far that includes some game cards, the massive mecha painting/color design templates (more than 100 images in color and black and white – and an awesome resource for any Robotech fan), and now some detailed assembly instructions, with MUCH more coming. There is much more to come for Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and other Palladium game lines.
The Rifter® #59 has also been added to titles available. Much, much more is coming in the weeks ahead for Robotech® and other Palladium game lines. We plan to add a bunch of new material to DriveThruRPG.com over the next several weeks, so keep an eye on it. DriveThruRPG.com already offers 90+ Palladium Books titles available as PDFs with more to be made available soon. They currently include the Coalition Wars®/Siege on Tolkeen™ series, Splicers® RPG, The Rifter® issues #1-59 (with more being added soon), and first edition rules of the Rifts® RPG, Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, Heroes Unlimited™ RPG, The Palladium Fantasy RPG®, and related 1st edition sourcebooks for each. And more! Like what? Like Fantasy Paper Miniatures and Game Master Kits for digital download. They are available only as PDF files and were designed special to help you run your games and build campaigns. There are also sneak previews of books and other good stuff. Check it out! And let other gamers know they are available too. We’ll be making more available on DriveThruRPG in the weeks and months to come, so take a look on a regular basis.
UPDATE: 2015 Palladium Open House (POH) – May 15-17, 2015 – at the Palladium warehouse in Westland, Michigan
I’m pulling out all the stops. I’m digging through my archives to have rare limited editions, original artwork, early printings of out of print Robotech® and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® books – some signed by the late, great Erick Wujcik – unique collectibles that you seldom see, a Rifts® 25th birthday party and more.
On top of that, there will be 30+ Palladium Creators, gaming galore and lots fun and memories to make. I’m hoping for a record turn out this Open House. Come on down even if it’s for one day to meet and get autographs from 30+ awesome artists, writers and Palladium madmen (and women).
I know I have not been able to do the update for the 2015 Palladium Open House, but it is going to be epic and it may be our last. As we finalize our plans for the 2015 POH we are more and more convinced this may really be the last Open House. So if you can attend – especially if you live in the area – join the fun. It may not happen again. Order your POH tickets now.
Please “reserve” your hotel rooms NOW. It helps Palladium immensely. Likewise, please order your admissions sooner than later so we know how many gaming events to schedule.
● TIME SENSITIVE: Reserve your rooms soon for the 2015 Open House Hotel! Your credit card will NOT be charged until May, so there is no reason not to play it safe and reserve your room. Note: Hotels within a 20 mile area WILL BE BOOKED due to a sporting event the same weekend. You need to RESERVE YOUR ROOM TODAY or the next available hotel may be 20+ miles away. Seriously!
40455 Ann Arbor Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
Group Code: Palladium Books – you MUST request the Group Code “Palladium Books” at the time of booking to ensure the correct rate will be quoted and billed to you.
Dates of the 2015 Palladium Open House (POH): May 15-17 (May 14 is VIP Thursday), 2015. $109.00 (plus tax) per night for two queen beds or one king with a sofa that has a pull-out sleeper. ALL rooms have a microwave & fridge, and FREE high-speed wired/wireless Internet. Call 734-455-8100 to make your reservation. The hotel does NOT charge your credit card until a few days before the event and you can cancel up to May 10, 2015. So there is no reason to wait.
For more info and to purchase tickets to the Palladium Open House, click here.
GAME MASTERS NEEDED for the Palladium Open House – Submit your games NOW
GAME MASTERS NEEDED for Gen Con Indy – MUST have your game descriptions by March 3, 2015
To get into the 2015 Gen Con Indy program book and Pre-Registration, we NEED your commitment and game descriptions by March 3, 2015. SOONER is better. Getting the games listed in the Gen Con Games Pre-Registration is vital to get the outstanding showing we saw at last year’s Gen Con. PLEASE get us ALL game information ASAP to make it into the online pre-reg.
That’s all for now
There’s more to talk about, but that’s all for now. I hope to see a great many of you at the Palladium Open House in May. Place your reservations now and let’s have a blast here at Palladium in a few months. Have a great weekend.
– Kevin Siembieda, Game Designer, Writer, Publisher
The FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Color Guide Resource
The color guide in the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rule book contains several classic paint schemes from the Robotech® universe, providing different visual options for every unit in the game. Ah, but what about those of you who want to create your own paint schemes? Use these PDFs available for FREE on DriveThruRPG.com as work sheets to create your paint schemes and unique designs on the computer before you go to paint the actual game pieces.
Each of the PDFs provided contains the templates created by artist Jeffrey Burke for the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Rulebook. They are in a digital format so that you can colorize and alter them using Photoshop, Paint, or almost any other graphics program to work out and test your original squadron designs. For your convenience, we included the color art as well as black and white “blank” versions of each unit for those of you who want to start from the ground up.
Test out your paint schemes, see how units look next to each other, and get a feel for how your army will look before you break out the paintbrushes. Enjoy.
Note: And now, for those of you who only want one, two, or a few color guide images, we’ve also put them up as individual files on our website. Visit http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php?option=com_content&;view=article&id=765&Itemid=479 to pick and choose the images you want.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Rulebook – Available now
The RRT tabletop rules laid out at your fingertips in full color splendor. Robotech® fans who don’t play Robotech® RPG Tactics™ may want this gorgeous, glossy color book just to have in their collection. Perhaps for the paint guide alone – because the guide, for the first time ever, anywhere, presents all the color schemes for Earth and Zentraedi mecha you see in the TV series (plus some variants). Note: This is the exact same rulebook that is included in the RRT main game box.
- The tabletop rules – capture the speed and combat of the animated Robotech® TV series.
- Battle scenarios to get started.
- Comprehensive Index.
- All your favorite Macross mecha.
- The Valkyries and Destroids of Earth’s defenders.
- The Battlepods of the Zentraedi invaders.
- Timeline, basic history and mecha stats.
- Applications for use in existing role-playing campaigns.
- 100+ color images in the Robotech® Mecha Painting Guide.
- Gorgeous color artwork throughout.
- Created by Palladium Books and Ninja Division. Written by Carmen Bellaire and David Freeman.
- 112 pages – Full Color – $20.00 – Cat. No. 55105. Available now.
NEW! The Rifter® #69 – March – in final production
The Rifter® #69 is packed with exciting and fun material for Rifts®, Chaos Earth®, After the Bomb®, Dead Reign®, Heroes Unlimited™ and more!
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory for players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and find new avenues of adventure. It provides useful, ready to go source material you can just drop into your ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. And the many new characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, villains, monsters, adventures and ideas for one setting can be easily adapted to any Palladium setting. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least 2-3 other Palladium game lines.
With 2015 being the 25th Anniversary of Rifts®, every issue of The Rifter® will feature a Rifts® inspired cover and contain at least one Rifts® article.
The Rifter® #69 – Winter, 2015:
- Rifts®: Arenas of Atlantis by Will Erwin.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth®: First Responders of New Mexico by Daniel Frederick.
- After the Bomb®: Long Gull Island by Michael J. Osborne.
- Heroes Unlimited™: Adventure ideas by Glen Evans.
- Dead Reign®: Tampa Bay by Eric Sturm.
- Game Master Tips by Chris Isberg.
- Rifts® Short Story: Clean, Part One, by Irvin Jackson.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- Rifts® cover by “Madman” Mike Leonard.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 169. Winter issue.
Rise of Magic™ – Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook – Ships Next Week
We’ve all played “post” apocalyptic games. Now imagine playing as the apocalypse is happening. As the world you know is crumbling. As magic and monsters from myth become real and your world is reshaped by forces beyond your comprehension. That is the premise behind the Rifts® Chaos Earth® series. That YOU play through the Great Cataclysm as the apocalypse happens.
Rifts® Chaos Earth®: Rise of Magic™ is a key book in that continuing story (new books are coming this Spring and Summer). In Rise of Magic™, humans, particularly children, are discovering they can draw upon mystic energy and cast magic. The thing is, they don’t really know what they are doing. Magic is just part of the chaos and the impossible that is happening all around them. Meanwhile, others have found they can summon and control monsters and demons, while still others make pacts with supernatural beings to become witches and worse. And some have learned they can harness the magic to animate and command the dead. Madness and more chaos ensues. All of this only complicates things for NEMA, Earth’s defenders, as the line of distinction between “good guys” and “bad guys” begins to blur, and things go from bad to worse.
- Chaos Magic, new magic specific to the Chaos Earth® setting.
- 100+ unique Chaos Magic spells.
- New magic O.C.C.s like the Blue Zone Wizard and Chaos Wizard.
- New evil magic users like the Chaos Witch and Demon Caller.
- More on NEMA and the Demon Plagues.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda. At the printer.
- Two new Chaos Earth® sourcebooks are coming soon.
- 64 pages – $12.95 – Cat. No. 662. Ships February 24, 2015.
Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG – Available now
The origins of Rifts® start here! It is a new beginning. But first everything that human civilization had become during the Golden Age of Science, more than eighty years in our future, must come to a crashing end. The Earth is in the process of being transformed into a place more alien than a thousand alien worlds. Ley Lines erupt with even more power and ambient energy than what is known on Rifts Earth 300 years later. Rifts – tears in space and time – appear along ley lines to unleash legions of aliens, monsters, dragons, supernatural horrors, and ancient gods of myth and legend in a mad symphony of chaos and transformation.
You play survivors or the heroes of NEMA. The men and women of the Northern Eagle Military Alliance equipped with their Chromium Guardsmen (Glitter Boys), Silver Eagles (SAMAS) and host of other robots and power armor to stand against a rising tide of enemies and alien invaders. They are humanity’s last and only hope to survive the apocalypse that will become known as the Great Cataclysm. These are the heroes you play in a world that can only be described as Chaos Earth.
- Overview of the Great Cataclysm as it unfolds.
- Introduction to NEMA and its weapons and resources.
- 11 different character classes, including robot pilots, the Para-Arcane, Demon and Witch Hunters, Chromium Guardsmen, Silver Eagles, and more.
- Weapons, robots, power armor, vehicles and equipment.
- Monsters, chaos and adventure. Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 160 pages for the complete RPG – $20.95 – Cat. No. 660 – Available now!
- Chaos Earth® Sourcebook 2: Creatures of Chaos™ – 30+ Chaos Demons, NEMA and more. $12.95 – 64 pages – Cat. No. 661 – Available now.
Rifts® Book of Magic – Back in Print – NEEDED for Rise of Magic™ and the Chaos Earth® RPG setting
Rifts® Book of Magic is 352 pages of nothing but magic – 850+ spells, 370+ magic items, including Rune Weapons, Techno-Wizard items, Bio-Wizard Splugorth creations, and Iron Juggernauts, and more. That’s cover to cover spells and magic items and a few related odds and ends like Atlantean Tattoos and the Nazca Lines. Everything collected from the first 23 World Books, Sourcebooks 1-4, and Siege on Tolkeen 1-6 into one giant reference of magical goodness.
- More than 850 magic spells!
- Elemental Magic, Spoiling Magic, Conjuring & others.
- Magic Tattoos, Stone Magic, Temporal Magic and Living Fire Magic.
- Cloud Magic, Whale Songs, Ocean Magic and more.
- Biomancy, Bio-Wizardry, Necromancy and other dark forms of magic.
- Over 100 different Techno-Wizard weapons.
- Techno-Wizard vehicles and TW vehicle conversion tables.
- Techno-Wizard devices, Rune Weapons, amulets, fetishes, enchanted herbs, Millennium Tree gifts & other magic items.
- Optional rules & clarification on magic and more. Note: It is a vital reference for Rifts® Chaos Earth™, Rifts® Federation of Magic, the Rifts® China books and all Rifts® titles. Furthermore, spells and most magic items are easy to adapt to world settings like Palladium Fantasy® and Heroes Unlimited™. Don’t get caught without it.
- $26.95 – 352 pages – Cat. No. 848 – available now.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive – Low Price – Free Gift
It only happens once a year – for a limited time – The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive. We want people to discover The Rifter® as a valuable resource, so we are offering the biggest selection of FREE gifts ever as an enticement. Gamers already familiar with The Rifter® always jump at this offer. That’s because, even when late, The Rifter® has been so consistently good, it is hard to say no to the Super-Subscription Drive.
The free gift is always a nice incentive, and this year the selection is truly unique and fun. I have dug through the Palladium archives to make a number of out of print titles and “special” items available. For us, gaming is all about friends and fun, so enjoy and have fun. Note: The early issues of The Rifter® are limited and available only while supplies last. Please keep the orders coming and enjoy.
Here are four reasons (and 7 gift choices) why this is the perfect time to try The Rifter® or renew your subscription:
1. Save $16 off retail and each issue is delivered right to your door.
2. FREE gift worth $17.90 to $35.85 when you order now! 7 gift choices.
3. Order during the Super-Subscription Drive to lock in your low, low subscription price for the next year.
4. The Rifter® has been outstanding and is the place to find regular source material for Beyond the Supernatural™, Palladium Fantasy®, Splicers®, and Heroes Unlimited™ and other settings. And future issues will have more playing and G.M. tips.
If you haven’t taken a look at The Rifter® lately (if ever), I suggest you try an issue. The Rifter® is an excellent source of ideas, characters, monsters, villains, powers, magic and adventures for your own game. Even articles designed for settings you don’t play are likely to offer ideas and material you can easily modify and incorporate into your campaign. In fact, drawing on concepts from outside the usual setting can spice up your game and keep players guessing. The Rifter® is a great tool for that. That’s the beauty of the Palladium Megaversal Game System; you can often take characters, gear and ideas from one world setting and drop them into ANY of the other settings with no or little work. Other times, the amount of modification is minimal to make it work in a different setting. That means a monster from Palladium Fantasy® can be easily used as a monster, mutant or alien in Heroes Unlimited™, After the Bomb®, Robotech®, Rifts®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, Chaos Earth® or Splicers®, and vice versa. What needs to be adjusted? Perhaps just changing Hit Points/S.D.C. and damage to Mega-Damage, or M.D.C. and M.D. to Hit Points/S.D.C., or some other minor tweak.
Characters from Heroes Unlimited™ and After the Bomb® can be from the future, or the past (depending on the setting), or they can be mutants, or aliens, or beings from another or parallel world. As I am so wont to say, you are limited only by your imagination. The same holds true for towns, cities and adventures – use that place and the adventure ideas tailored to a different setting. Sure you may have to swap out monsters and treasure, or adjust motives, but you might be surprised how easy, fun and different that adventure plays out in a different world environment. And The Rifter® is the ultimate source for alternative, new and different ideas, adventures, characters, and story ideas. All of which can be tweaked to fit most settings, as can optional rules. The Rifter® is a factory for alternative ideas.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription Offer is your chance to try The Rifter® at a discount price and get a FREE gift. Offer ENDS February 28, 2015.
Click here to see the full description for your subscription options and choice of free gift in the Palladium Online Store.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™
– Available now in the USA and Canada – coming to other parts of the world soon
If you love Robotech®, you’ll want to take a look at this game. Beautifully detailed game pieces of your favorite Robotech® mecha, and fast playing rules that capture the Robotech® experience in a new, exciting way. And this is just the beginning. We have so much more planned. Available NOW – in game stores across the USA and Canada. Available in the UK, European Union, Australia and New Zealand soon.
● Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Boxed Set (Main Box Game) – Cat. No. 55100 – $99.95 retail price. This is the game Robotech® fans have wanted for decades. Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games, or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces.
The First Six Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Expansion Packs are available to retail along with the main box game. Here are the SKUs and retail prices.
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing – Cat. No. 55201 – $36.95 retail.
- UEDF Tomahawk/Defender Destroids – Cat. No. 55202 – $32.95 retail.
- UEDF Spartan/Phalanx Destroids – Cat. No. 55203 – $32.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepods – Cat. No. 55401 – $36.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Artillery Battlepods – Cat. No. 55402 – $36.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Glaug Command – Cat. No. 55403 – $36.95 retail.
● Battle Foam Robotech® RPG Tactics™ bag/carrying case – Cat. No. 55107 – $120.00 retail (limited supply). Note: We only have about 50 Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Battle Foam bags available. Once they are sold out it will be months before we manufacture more, if ever.
● Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Rulebook – Cat. No. 55105 – $20.00 retail. Note: This is the same rulebook that is included in the main game box, and is offered separately for those who want an extra copy, or want to check out the rules before buying the whole game.
NEW! Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook: Bizantium and the Northern Islands™ – Ships March
Bizantium and the Northern Islands™ will be sent to the printer in February, but probably won’t be available to ship until around March 12. The book is epic and will spark your imaginations and inspire adventures across the Island Kingdom, the Great Northern Wilderness and to little known realms like the Great Ice Shelf and Land of the Damned.
The Island Kingdom of Bizantium is a refuge for humans in a region known for its lack of humans as well as its vast wilderness, the Wolfen, monsters, and sea serpents. Bizantium’s impressive fleets of merchant vessels and warships travel the seas and oceans of the world. Its people are noble and heroic. The nation is a growing power in the rest of the world. Which is why other kingdoms, like the Western Empire, want to exert their influence on the throne of Bizantium. The result is that treachery and potential power grabs lurk in the shadows. That is but one small story transpiring in the kingdom of the North. Rebellion and war threaten the Shadow Coast colonies, impending war between the Wolfen and the Eastern Territory could erupt at any time, and ancient secrets, if unleashed, could change the fate of not just Bizantium, but the entire world. Meanwhile, dark forces gather in the icy waters beyond the kingdom, and an evil beyond human comprehension stirs.
- New Waterchanter O.C.C. and 20+ magic spells new to the Fantasy setting.
- Necromancy revisited. Many spells new to the Fantasy setting.
- New sea serpents and the warrior sailors who hunt them.
- Sea serpent generation tables to create your own sea monsters.
- New monsters and animals of the Northern Sea.
- Sea serpent ships! Dead sea serpents turned into deadly, massive warships (as depicted on the cover). They threaten sailors in the northern seas as well as the people of Bizantium and the mainland.
- The Iceborn, a race of monsters who worship death, wield death magic, and hunt humanoids, eat their flesh, and wear their skin.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Chaser and Bizantium Marine.
- New weapons and equipment for sailors, mariners, soldiers and adventurers at large.
- New Bizantium ships including the Bireme, Ice Breaker and Battleship.
- A time-line of the history of Bizantium and many mysteries.
- Bizantian society, culture, religion, magic and notable places.
- The Eoten of the Northern Islands, their mythology and influence.
- The Northern Islands described in full, cities and geography, as well as threats to sailors in the Northern Sea and Sea of Despair.
- Bizantium’s many shipyards, possibly the kingdom’s greatest asset.
- Key figures of Bizantium and political intrigue.
- The Noble Houses, Warlocks and foreign powers all trying to capture the throne of Bizantium for themselves!
- Written by Glen Evans. Additional text by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by Chuck Walton and Eduardo Dominguez S.
- Interior art by Chuck Walton, Kevin Siembieda, Tanya Ramsey, Jeff Burke and others.
- Expanded to 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 474 – March release.
Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines Sourcebook One
Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines sourcebook is set in space with the UEEF (United Earth Expeditionary Force) led by Admiral Rick Hunter. This valiant force of mecha-clad heroes travel across the galaxy liberating planets from the bondage of the Invid Regent, the Robotech Masters and other tyrants and monsters.
- New mecha and weapons of the UEEF Marines.
- New UEEF Marine character classes and background.
- Alien species and allies.
- Planet hopping, adventure and much more.
- Epic battles and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 553. March (tentative).
Rifts® Sourcebook – The Coalition States: Heroes of Humanity
The events unfolding in World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames threaten to change the entire landscape of Rifts® Earth, as the demonic minions of Hades and Dyval seek to bring Hell on Earth and turn the planet into a dimensional gateway to Armageddon!
The Coalition States, along with Northern Gun and Lazlo, take the lead in the defense of North America. Heroes of Humanity explores the good and bad in the Coalition’s efforts to save humanity and send this new threat back to the pits of Hell.
- New Coalition weapons, armor and war machines.
- The Coalition States: Are they heroes or villains? Or does it depend on whether you are human or not?
- Can the CS fight alongside mages and D-Bees if it means saving the world?
- How is the CS dealing with the Minion War on Earth?
- One plan to battle the Xiticix and who really pays the price.
- Adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements and other contributors.
- Final page count and cost yet to be determined but probably 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 889.
Rifts® Secrets of the Coalition States: The Disavowed
“Desperate times require desperate measures. War has nothing to do with morality or justice. It’s all about winning or dying. We cannot bind our hands with high ideals, even our own, or worry about the laws of renegade nations or the rights of alien people. We must fight fire with fire. And you are the match.” – Colonel Lyboc addressing a Disavowed team
The Disavowed are so Top Secret that their existence is known only to a handful of the Coalition States’ most elite, top echelon, with Joseph Prosek II the mastermind behind the Disavowed operation, and Colonel Lyboc its shadowy face. Find out who these men and women are. How the Disavowed get away with using magic, traveling to other parts of Rifts Earth and even to other dimensions in pursuit of enemies and strategic information that cannot be had through conventional means. Learn about the secret parameters in which these hard-boiled warriors, secretly hand-picked by Joseph Prosek II, operate, why almost every mission is considered a suicide mission, and why they must forever be the Disavowed.
- CS operatives so secret that even the top military and political leaders right up to Emperor Prosek know nothing about them. And if they did know, would they condone their activity or condemn it?
- Are the Disavowed heroes or renegades? Assassins or soldiers? Madmen or super-patriots? Or a little of them all?
- Unsung heroes who keep the CS safe, or thugs and pawns of a shadow agency within the Coalition government?
- What role does the Vanguard play in this group?
- How do they reward their D-Bee “teammates” when the mission is over?
- What happens to the Disavowed when they have seen or learned too much? Adventure ideas galore and so much more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- Final page count and cost yet to be determined, but probably 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 892.
Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans
True Atlanteans are descendants from Earth’s past. The survivors of the sinking of Atlantis (really a dimensional mishap) and travelers of the Megaverse, wielders of Tattoo Magic and other lost mystic arts. Most people regard them as heroes, but are they? The Sunaj Assassins are mythic villains feared by all, yet they too are True Atlanteans who serve dark forces.
For the first time, much of the story behind True Atlanteans and their secrets are revealed.
- True Atlanteans revisited.
- Optional Atlantean character creation tables including clan heritage and other factors.
- Secrets of the stone pyramids, different types/purposes and powers.
- Many new magic tattoos, magic spells, weapons and armor.
- Atlantean hideouts and secret communities across the Megaverse.
- The Sunaj Assassins, their secrets, history and plans for the future.
- Atlantean Monster Hunter O.C.C., Atlantean Defender O.C.C. and much more. And this is just the tip of what this book contains.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Additional text and ideas by Kevin Siembieda.
- Final page count and cost yet to be determined, but probably 160-192 pages – $20.95-24.95 retail – Cat. No. 890.
Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook: First Responders
The Great Cataclysm has devastated civilization, but humanity fights for survival. The struggles of civilian law enforcement, fire and rescue, and everyday men and women are some of the most epic tales to be told in a world gone to hell. They fight monsters, aliens, the paranormal, the elements, and each other, all with the hope of reclaiming their lives from the Chaos.
- New D-Bees and monsters from the Rifts.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- New “average citizen” Occupational Character Classes (O.C.C.s).
- New equipment for NEMA “Roscoes” and other emergency personnel.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- Source information and stats for common Golden Age technology (weapons, vehicles, medical tech, etc.).
- Apocalypse Plagues brought from other worlds to Chaos Earth.
- Adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Jason Richards. Additional text by Clements & Siembieda.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Winter/Spring, 2015.
Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook: Resurrection
In the shattered depths of Wisconsin, survivors are besieged by the dead come back to life. Zombies. But not just any type of zombie, zombies done Rifts-style. And unless the source of the zombie plague can be found and neutralized by NEMA defenders, North America may be overrun by the dead.
This was actually something Taylor White and I have been kicking around for years, even before we released the Dead Reign® RPG line. We think you’ll love it.
- Something has animated the dead in Wisconsin. It is up to NEMA heroes to find the cause and stop it before it spreads beyond control.
- Scrap Zombies of all types.
- Snatcher Ghouls, Carrion Cleaners, Screaming Puppet Ghosts, Sour Maggot Parasites, and other monsters.
- The Zombie Pox and other dangers.
- Setting background, adventure and adventure idea table.
- Written by Taylor White.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 666. Winter/Spring 2015 (tentative).
Books slated for the next 5-6 months of 2015
- Rifts® Book of Magic – Back in print and available now!
- The Rifter® #69 – Winter – ships February – in production right now.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth®: Rise of Magic™ Sourcebook – Back in print, ships February.
- Bizantium & the Northern Islands™ – ships March – in final production right now.
- Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines™ Sourcebook
- Chaos Earth® Resurrection (the dead rise, zombies attack)
- Chaos Earth® First Responders (more than you may imagine)
- Dead Reign® Sourcebook: Hell Followed™ (a large, juicy sourcebook)
- The Rifter® #70 – Spring
Other titles for 2015 and beyond
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Advanced Rule Book
- Splicers® sourcebooks – several
- Beyond the Supernatural™ – Tomes Grotesque™ Volume One
- Beyond the Supernatural™ – Beyond Arcanum™
- Palladium Fantasy® Land of the Damned 3: The Citadel (probably 2016)
- Palladium Fantasy® Land of the South Winds
- Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebooks
- Dead Reign® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™
- Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™
- Rifts® The Disavowed™
- Rifts® Antarctica
- Rifts® Sovietski
- Rifts® New Navy™
- Rifts® Delta Blues™
- Rifts® Dark Woods™
- Rifts® Voodoo
- Plus Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave One and Wave Two releases worldwide. And there are still some secret projects and licenses yet to be revealed.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 100 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com, as well as Fantasy Paper Miniatures, Game Master resources and other good things with more to come. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- The Rifter® #49-58 recently added – available now.
- Splicers® RPG.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-58.
- The Best of The Rifter®.
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
© Copyright 2015 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Powers Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars®, Dead Reign®, Chaos Earth®, and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.