Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Sept. 14, 2017
One game system – every genre – countless worlds – endless adventure
By Kevin Siembieda
The Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ “Gold Edition” Hardcover (only 300 signed and numbered copies) should arrive this afternoon or Friday, and start shipping sometime next week (we need time for all of us to sign and number 300 copies). Meanwhile, Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ and Nightbane® Dark Designs™ continue to fly off the shelves, along with many other Rifts® titles, and we are seeing a sudden run on issues of The Rifter®. Actually, everything seems to be selling at the moment, with an emphasis on Rifts®, Robotech®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™, Nightbane®, and Dead Reign® (Zombie Apocalypse). Very nice to see. Meanwhile, 20+ Palladium creators have notified me that they will be at the 2018 Palladium Open House. See the POH update for the full list and new details.
UPDATE: Alliance Trade Show
Last weekend was the Alliance Trade Show. Wayne and I were in attendance to chat with retailers and industry people. It was nice seeing some old friends like Herb Barents, one of Palladium’s first distributors in 1981, Bob Carty (we first met in 1985), John Zinser (AEG) and Aldo, among others, including many retailers we see at the annual Alliance event. We also chatted with members of the Alliance distribution team and contributed to the charity auction in memory of beloved Phyllis Opolko. Of course, the highlight is always talking with new retailers, getting their input and introducing people to the Palladium game lines. We left feeling positive and energized. There were a few fun surprises.
A blast from the past
A big, fun surprise was seeing some of my earliest artwork prominently featured on the cover of Goodman Games’ Judges Guild Deluxe Collector’s Edition, Vol. One. It is a collage of artwork with one of my illustrations in the upper lefthand corner, one in the lower left corner, and another on the back cover. Talk about a blast from the past.
For those of you who don’t know about this mover and shaker in the early days of D&D, Judges Guild was the official publisher of Dungeons and Dragons sourcebooks and supplements in the late 1970s and early 1980s. I have no idea how the owner, Bob Bledsaw, cut that deal, but he published a ton of stuff for D&D. Some of it was great, and Judges Guild was the original publisher of Dungeon Magazine as well as being one of my very first freelance art jobs waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1979. Before I started Palladium Books in 1981, I was supporting myself doing work as a freelance artist, with aspirations of (and some luck at) becoming a comic book artist and writer. I did something like 360 illustrations in the short five months I was freelancing for Judges Guild. I quickly rose to being one of their top paid artists (which was not much), along with a talented gent by the name of Paul Jacquois. The low pay and sweatshop approach to its artists prompted me to leave the company in short order. 72 illustrations a month was a murderous pace. I think only my experience in comic books and speed as a comic book penciller and inker enabled me to keep up that pace as long as I did. However, many of my illustrations would be reprinted dozens of times by Judges Guild over the next several years, helping to giving me a name and solid reputation as an artist in the early days of the RPG industry.
Crazy, right? It was a valuable experience and Bob gave me a ton of freedom doing artwork, so I had fun doing a lot of it, even if some of it was quite rushed and simplified. I experimented and learned a lot from that job, and made a lasting friend in Paul. In a way, Bob helped inspire me to start Palladium Books. I saw how successful he was, and he was the only company of the day that offered to buy my RPG game system. His offer was unacceptable to me, but the fact that Bob wanted to buy it, and then hired me as an artist and threw so much work at me, helped build my confidence to start Palladium Books 18 months later.
It is a lot of fun seeing some of my old artwork back in print, even if I’m not given credit for it inside the book itself. That’s a shame and a disappointment, especially since I’m featured on the cover. I don’t know if any of the artists or writers are given credit. Hopefully, that is an oversight that will be corrected in future printings and the many volumes yet to come. Fun memories from part of my origin story in the RPG industry. lol
UPDATE: Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ – still sizzling hot
I think Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ is on the fast track to becoming one of our hottest selling Rifts® titles ever! But who doesn’t love True Atlanteans, Undead Slayers and the Sunaj? And I’m thrilled to report that author Carl Gleba will be one of the creators at the 2018 Palladium Open House! Get him to sign the many books he has written for Palladium, and try to get a chance to play in one of his games, because Carl is an outstanding Game Master!
Please keep those orders coming. Atlanteans is just one of several new Rifts® titles coming soon, each with many more secrets to be revealed. Take a look at the free preview on DriveThruRPG.com to get a glimpse of everything this 224 page, resource-packed book has to offer. $24.95 retail. And if you don’t already own them, we highly recommend you pick up Rifts® World Book One: Atlantis, World Book 21: Splynn Dimensional Market™, and Rifts® Dimension Book 7: Megaverse® Builder (also written by Carl Gleba). All are fun and useful companions to Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™.
UPDATE: Nightbane® Dark Designs™ sourcebook – Available now
Nightbane® Dark Designs™, like Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans, is flying off the shelves. And it should. It is a dynamic sourcebook packed with information, Morphus tables, magical Talents (plus tables and Talents from prior books), the Ancient Nightbane and more. Remember, Talents and Morphus abilities can be easily turned into magic spells and super abilities for other world settings — and vice versa, made especially easy with the conversion rules in Dark Designs™.
You can get author Mark Oberle to sign your book (and other titles) at the 2018 Palladium Open House. Mark has confirmed he’ll be one of the many Palladium creators at the POH. Please take a look at the free preview on DriveThruRPG.com for more details and a few choice glimpses of what you can expect. Also see the full description of Dark Designs™ elsewhere in this Update and in the online store.
UPDATE: Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ “Gold Edition” Limited Hardcover – Ships next week and may sell out fast
We expect the limited Gold Edition Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ hardcover to arrive at the Palladium warehouse later today (I’m writing this Thursday morning) or tomorrow. It will take us a few days to sign and number the 300 copy limited edition. The Atlanteans Gold Edition is limited to only 300 signed and numbered copies, and sold on a first come, first served basis. Remember, Palladium’s Gold Editions have a history of increasing in value over time, and with Christmas coming and how hot the soft-cover edition is, I think the Gold Edition may be a hot commodity in the months ahead. If you are planning on getting one, I’d suggest getting it sooner rather than later. Only available from Palladium Books.
Important Note: Those of you who have already placed pre-orders have been charged and your number already assigned to you, so do NOT reorder. Multiple orders WILL result in you getting billed for and shipped multiple copies – NO REFUND. If you are worried about your pre-order, please call the Palladium office to inquire. Do not place a new order unless you want more than one copy.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #78 – in final production
This week Wayne was able to make significant progress on The Rifter® #78, and Chuck Walton has been pounding away on his art contribution to the issue. We hope to enter into final layout and send it off to the printer by the end of next week. This is another great issue with a range of awesome source material for Palladium Fantasy®, Rifts®, Splicers®, and Beyond the Supernatural™, including Greg Diaczyk’s BTS Modern Necromancer, plus G.M. advice, news and other goodness. ALL of it adaptable to just about ANY game setting. See the full description below.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #79 – coming soon
The Rifter® #79 should quickly follow #78 as we work to catch up with this useful series. If you haven’t looked at an issue of The Rifter®, we recommend it. Each issue is filled with optional (sometimes “official”) source material. More importantly, most of the material can be easily modified and adapted to ANY game setting, especially adventures, monsters, villains, magic and technology.
UPDATE: Rifts® Sovietski – coming soon
Assigning out the final artwork for Rifts® Sovietski and going into final production soon. Looking great.
UPDATE: 2018 Palladium Open House – April 20-22, 2018 – Game at the Palladium Books warehouse with the people who create the games you enjoy
2018 Palladium Open House Location:
39074 Webb Court
Westland, MI 48185
734-721-2903 (order line)
- VIP Thursday – April 19, 2018 (special): 3:00 PM doors open and you get first crack at limited editions, original art, new products, specialty items, and meet the Palladium staff and all available creators – 6:00 PM dinner – 7:00 PM Opening Ceremonies – 8:00 PM the evening’s games begin. Cost of VIP night is $95 (dinner included). Limited to about 100-120 people plus Palladium creators. Note: VIP Thursday always sells out fast, so we offer around 60% of the tickets now, and the remainder at the end of January, 2018. Cost: $95 (Thursday only).
- Weekend Pass: $55 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
- Friday (only): $30
- Saturday (only): $30
- Sunday (only): $12
Hotels – two to choose from:
Instructions: A) When reserving a room at Red Roof Inn, be sure to request the “Palladium Books Group Rate.” At the Hampton Inn & Suites, you need the following 3-letter code: POH (Group Rate).
B) Make certain you request two beds if that is what you need. Otherwise you are likely to get one queen- or king-size bed. Important Note: Doubles (rooms with two beds) are limited at BOTH hotels! Order sooner than later.
C) Reserve your room now. Your card will NOT be charged until the date of the event, and you make sure you have your room held for you. HOTEL CANCELLATIONS: To avoid “cancellation fees” we recommend you cancel at least 3 days before the event (or as soon as you know you cannot make the POH). Note: Must RESERVE HOTEL ROOM by March 15, 2017 to guarantee a room and get the special Group Rates.
Want to stay a few extra days? The Red Roof Inn said they would extend the special rate of $49.95 to include one or more extra days for those of you who may be arriving a day or two early or staying a day after (Monday, April 23, checking out on Tuesday morning). POH Dates – April 19 for VIP Thursday. April 20-22, 2018 (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). The Hampton Inn was not willing to extend this courtesy, though if enough people inquire, they might. It cannot hurt to ask.
1. Red Roof Inn
39700 Ann Arbor Rd
Plymouth, MI 48170
Request the “Palladium Books Group Rate.”
- $49.95 plus tax per night for a double (2 beds).
- $49.95 plus tax per night for a King (one large bed).
Note: The Red Roof Inn is a no frills hotel, hence the low nightly rate, in a nice, safe neighborhood right off the highway. Make sure you tell the hotel you want the “Palladium Books Group Rate” and request two double beds if that’s what you need. Located in Plymouth.
Location: It is only 3 miles away from the Palladium warehouse and near where the old hotel is located, off of Ann Arbor Road and I-275. Many places to eat nearby on Ann Arbor Road. We highly recommend a small family diner, Good Day Café restaurant on Hix Road (and half-way to Palladium) for a quick, tasty and inexpensive breakfast. Kathy and Kevin enjoy breakfast there often.
2. Hampton Inn and Suites
1950 N. Haggerty Road
Canton, MI 48187
Request the “POH” Group Rate.
- $119.00 per night plus tax for “double Queen beds” (that’s two queen-sized beds!).
- $129 per night for one “King Suite” – SUITE is the important part of this request – and it comes with one king bed and a pull out sofa, but PLEASE confirm that with the hotel.
Hampton Inn amenities include:
- This is a more upscale hotel also in a nice part of town near Palladium Books.
- Free hot breakfast offered daily, allowing guests to start their day off right without an additional charge.
- Free high-speed and Wireless Internet access in the lobby and all guestrooms, allowing guests to stay connected to their friends and family while at the hotel.
- Guests have the option to earn both HHonors points and airline miles.
- Location: City of Canton. Most notable cross streets: Ford Road and I-275. Only 2 miles (3.2 km) away from the Palladium warehouse and near all kinds of places to eat down Ford Road, and an Ikea.
Airport Note: The hotels and Palladium’s warehouse are 15-20 minutes from Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) in Romulus, Michigan, near I-275. Detroit Metro is the airport you want to use.
2018 POH Highlights – April 19-22:
- Play in games run by the very people who make them, in the building where the magic happens. At the Palladium warehouse in Westland, Michigan.
- Three days of gaming (4 for those attending VIP night), plus panel talks and more.
- Price of admission covers ALL events.
- Many run by the writers and artists who create them!
- 30-40 Palladium creators will be present to chat and sign books.
- Saturday Auction (evening) of Palladium Books collectibles, original art, out of print items and oddities.
- Largest gathering of Palladium creators anywhere! Artists, writers, Defilers and more.
- Get original artwork, character sketches, books and more.
- Get the latest news and happenings.
- Spend time and play in games with Kevin Siembieda and other Palladium personalities.
28 Confirmed Palladium Creators & Personalities for POH, and we expect others
- Brandon Aten (Writer; Triax 2, Madhaven, Sovietski, Splicers®)
- Matthew Balent (Author of Weapons & Armor, Weapons & Castles, Monsters and Animals, and other titles; he was present at the start of Palladium Books!)
- Carmen Bellaire (Writer and Game Designer; Powers Unlimited 1-3, Splicers®, RRT, and more)
- Joseph Bergmans (Honorary Staff Member, Helper and Consultant)
- James Brown (Game Master Supreme, Megaversal Ambassador)
- Greg Diaczyk (Writer, Rifts® Lemuria and The Rifter®)
- Mark Dudley (Artist and Game Master)
- Scott Gibbons (Staff, Business Manager and Game Designer)
- Carl Gleba (Writer, Three Galaxies, Hades, Dyval, Megaverse® in Flames, Minion War series, and many others, and an awesome G.M.)
- Chris Guertin (Honorary Staff Member/Helper)
- Patrick “Jake” Jakubowski (Megaversal Ambassador & Game Master)
- Doug Lamberson (Honorary Staff Member/Helper)
- “Madman” Mike Leonard (Artist and Writer)
- Alex Marciniszyn (Staff Editor and Research)
- Mike Mumah (Artist)
- Mark Oberle (Writer, Nightbane® and The Rifter®)
- Victor Peterson (Megaversal Ambassador & Game Master)
- Ben Rodriguez (Artist)
- Julius Rosenstein (Staff, Writer, Editor & Game Master)
- Jeff “NMI” Ruiz (Palladium’s Online Administrator & MA)
- Kevin Siembieda (Staff, Founder, Writer, Artist & Game Master)
- Kathy Simmons (Staff, Order Processing and Customer Service)
- Wayne Smith (Staff, Editor, and Editor-in-Chief of The Rifter®)
- Charles Walton II (Artist, Writer, and Splicehead)
- Taylor White (Writer and Musician; Chaos Earth® Resurrection, Hell Followed™, and others)
And we expect more ...
- Amy L. Ashbaugh (Artist); tentative
- Sean Patrick Fannon (Writer, Savage Rifts® RPG Line); tentative
- Josh Sinsapaugh (Writer, Rifter® Contributor); tentative
- Ramon K. Perez (Artist, Comic Books); tentative
Note: Tentative means they have reached out to tell us they hope to be at the POH, but cannot guarantee it at this time.
New on DriveThruRPG.com – Rifts® Dimension Book™ 5: Anvil Galaxy™ – plus Sneak Previews, 50+ Rifts® titles, Robotech® and much more.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 5: Anvil Galaxy™ – nearly 20 new alien races as optional player characters, notable worlds, legends of the Cosmic Forge, Cosmo-Knights, the TGE, the CCW, planet creation rules, and more – is new this week. It joins recent releases of the ever popular Rifts® Dimension Books: Wormwood™, Phase World®, Phase World® Sourcebook, and Skraypers™, as well as Ninjas & Superspies™ and Mystic China™. Next week will see the addition of Rifts® DB 6: Three Galaxies™, followed by other Dimension Books and game titles. These are just some of the many Rifts® and other PDF titles now available on DriveThruRPG.com.
- More than 50 Rifts® titles are currently available, including the Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Rifts® RPG (1990), Rifts® Game Master Guide, Rifts® Book of Magic, Rifts® Adventure Guide, Rifts® Atlantis, Splynn Dimensional Market (more about Atlantis), D-Bees of North America™, Lemuria, the original Vampire Kingdoms and Vampire Kingdoms New Revised Edition, Rifts® World Book 28: Arzno™ (more vampires, TW items and mercs), Rifts® World Book 26: Dinosaur Swamp™, Rifts® World Book 27: Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp™, Rifts® Canada, Rifts® World Book 22: Free Quebec, Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™, Rifts® Australia™, Triax & The NGR™, Rifts® New West™, Spirit West, Lone Star™, Rifts® Psyscape™, Federation of Magic™, Coalition War Campaign™, Rifts® Juicer Uprising™, Rifts® South America 1 and South America 2, Rifts® China 1 and China 2, the original Rifts® Sourcebook One and Sourcebook One Revised, Rifts® Mechanoids®, Mindwerks, Coalition Navy, Shemarrian Nation™, Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook, Rifts® Black Market (one of my faves), Madhaven™, Rifts® Mercenary Adventures™, Rifts® Mercenaries, MercTown™, Merc Ops™, Rifts® Tales of the Chi-Town ‘Burbs (short stories by 13 writers), the rest of Rifts® World Books 1-32, Rifts® Sourcebooks, Rifts® Coalition Wars®/Tolkeen series, the Minion War™ series, and dozens of other famous titles. Check back every week to see which new PDFs of Rifts® and other titles have been added!
- Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG and sourcebook series (all). Live through the Great Cataclysm and the Coming of the Rifts. Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG, Creatures of Chaos™, Rise of Magic™, and Chaos Earth® Resurrection™ are all available.
- Classic Robotech® PDFs include: The original Robotech® RPG (1986), RDF Manual™ (1987), Zentraedi Sourcebook™ (1987), Robotech® Ghost Ship™ (1988), Southern Cross™ (1987), Invid Invasion™ (1988), Robotech® ATP (1988), Lancer’s Rockers™ (1989), Return of the Masters™ (1989), Robotech® Zentraedi Breakout™ (1994), Robotech® New World Order™ (1995), and Robotech® Strike Force™ (1995), all available now. Plus all Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game cards and Paper Miniatures.
- FREE 12 highly-detailed, comprehensive Robotech® RPG Tactics™ assembly instructions for all the Wave One mecha and FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ color guides are available now.
- FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ paper game pieces, stat cards, rules and special items – with more coming.
- FREE Sneak Previews for Nightbane® Dark Designs™, Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™, Rifts® CS Heroes of Humanity, and many other previews as well as free and low cost items that we make available. All of it adds to the growing list of Rifts®, Robotech® and other Palladium RPG game titles available as PDF books, cards and support. A new title should be added every week or two, so keep watching for them.
- The Rifter® #1-72. Each issue is a wealth of source material and ideas for several game lines, but most material can be easily adapted to ANY Palladium game world. Each issue a gem.
- Splicers® RPG is Iron Man meets Game of Thrones with elements of Terminator – except this army of Iron Men are clad in living body armor and wield living, organic weapons and devices. Created in 2004 by writer and game designer Carmen Bellaire, Splicers® was nominated for an “Ennie” Game of the Year award, and has since developed a rabid fan-base. Science fiction and horror where humans are forced to use genetically engineered, living weapons and organic war machines to battle an insane Artificial Intelligence and her robot legions. Unlike anything you have ever played before!
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® first edition rule book and sourcebooks. 2nd edition sourcebooks to come. Not your father’s fantasy RPG, this is a unique world of magic, monsters and heroes. Many nonhuman player characters and 50,000 years of history.
- Heroes Unlimited™ RPG first edition rule book and sourcebooks. Some 2nd edition sourcebooks with more coming. Create any type of superhuman.
- Nightbane® RPG. Superhero-horror set in a world of dark conspiracy where the monsters are the heroes. Trust nobody.
- Dead Reign® (Zombie Apocalypse) and sourcebooks. The dead have risen. It is the battle for survival in the zombie apocalypse, but this setting is much more than your typical zombie game. Play ordinary people or special characters better equipped to survive and hunt zombies. Many unusual types of zombies.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG. Supernatural horror in the modern world. Play ordinary people, psychics or paranormal investigators.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks. Planet of the Apes meets the X-Men! Animal creations, powers and more. Create any type of intelligent mutant animal you can imagine as friend or foe.
- Ninjas & Superspies™ RPG and the Mystic China™ sourcebook. James Bond meets Enter the Dragon. 41 types of martial arts, ninjas, and super-spies with gadgets, gizmos and advanced weapons.
- The Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy RPG is a long time, cult favorite with a fatalistic world-view of humans vs aliens with superior technology.
- The Palladium Weapon Series of real world weapons, armor and castles throughout history. Designed for use with ANY game system.
- 200+ Palladium titles in all, plus G.M. kits, paper miniatures and more.
- Heroes Unlimited™ Paper Miniatures – Two sets are now available!
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® Paper Miniatures – Volumes #1-6 are available now. More are coming in the weeks ahead.
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Men at Arms – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Coalition Dead Boys – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Adventurers – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Practitioners of Magic (new) – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Extras (new) – $2.99
- And more to come in the weeks ahead.
Palladium Collectibles, art, toys and more in Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles eBay Store
Alex and I continue to add a lot of vintage Star Wars toys and a growing number of all kinds of collectibles – and we’ll be adding more Palladium Books original art and items to the store, so keep an eye out for them.
This includes one-of-a-kind original artwork, prints, Rifts® and Robotech® artwork by Kevin Long, me and others. There is also a range of limited editions, rare book titles and limited edition hardcovers, toys and more that are all being added to my online store over the next several weeks, so keep an eye out. Alex and I will keep adding items as our busy schedules allow, but we have a lot of fun collectibles available now and coming soon. Items include original art, out of print titles, redlined proofreader photocopies signed by me and the staff, signed manuscripts with editors’ corrections, some original art, hardcover books (including Rifts® Lemuria, Northern Gun™ One, Northern Gun™ Two, Megaverse® in Flames™, Beyond the Supernatural™ Gold, Rifts® Machinations of Doom™ Gold and Rifts® Ultimate Gold) and other items available. There are also hundreds of toys and action figures, all from my personal archives and collection. Take a look every weekend for new items added.
Palladium has been on a roll. We’ve got a lot of exciting product in the pipeline and big plans for everything from Rifts® and Robotech® to Heroes Unlimited™, Palladium Fantasy® and everything else. We’re feeling positive and our creative juices are flowing. That’s great, but in the back of our minds we are thinking about and worried for our fans, friends and family in areas recently hit by natural disasters. It’s kind of weird writing about such things in a game context like Taylor White and I did in Hell Followed, and then seeing the devastation played out in real life. We have friends and fans in the Houston area; fans, friends and family in Florida; and fans in Mexico, the Carribean and around the world.
Our hearts go out to everyone struck by such frightening events and possible misfortune. Many of us in the Palladium family, particularly Alex and I know, firsthand, what it is like to lose treasured family photographs, books, possessions and home through unforeseen tragedy. Please try to power through this and focus on the positive and rebuilding. It will be difficult, but try to stay hopeful and positive. Remember that you are loved. Know that things will get better. Remember too, that possessions, no matter how treasured, are just “stuff.” It is the people and loved ones in our lives, and the memories locked safely in our heads and held with joy in our hearts, that truly matter. I encourage those of you who can, to contribute to organizations like the American Red Cross who are out there, front and center, helping those in need, and to do whatever you reasonably can for those in distress. It doesn’t need to be money. It can be a kind and comforting word to a fellow gamer, and any number of small kindnesses. A simple, kind word or a bit of your time to listen to a friend can mean the world to that person. We can all make a difference if we choose to make those small – more meaningful than you know – gestures. And while you are at it, you might want to call a loved one to let them know how much they mean to you and dish out hugs and smiles to the people who matter to you. Take care, be safe and know that every Palladium fan means the world to us.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Game Designer
New! The Rifter® #78
Another issue of source material for four or more Palladium game settings, most of which can be adapted to any game world. This issue has a nice hunk of material about the supernatural, such as the Modern Necromancer by Greg Diaczyk, a Beyond the Supernatural™ monster by Kevin Siembieda, City of Khemennu: Part Two (Palladium Fantasy) which is a city of gods and churches by Ian Herbert, plus G.M. Advice and the Splicers® Legion Aftermath. Shaping up to be another great issue. One or two final articles to be selected. Artwork is being assigned.
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory for players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and find new avenues of adventure. It provides useful, ready-to-go source material you can just drop into your ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. And the many new characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, villains, monsters, adventures and ideas for one setting can be easily adapted to any Palladium setting. Every issue has material for Rifts® and usually 2-3 other Palladium game lines. The focus of this issue is Rifts®, Splicers® and RPG advice. Don’t forget, unofficial material can be easily adapted for use in ANY Palladium game setting.
Rifter® #78 Highlights:
- The Modern Necromancer for Beyond the Supernatural™ by Greg Diaczyk.
- A Tomes Grotesque™ Monster for Beyond the Supernatural™, “official” source material – by Kevin Siembieda.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Part Two of a city adventure setting and source material by Ian Herbert.
- Splicers® – The Aftermath of I am Legion, by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – “official” source material. Ideas and source material on where to go from here, possible adventure hooks and more.
- G.M. advice by Julius Rosenstein.
- Rifts® source material.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 178. In final production.
NEW! Secrets of the Atlanteans™ “Gold” Edition Hardcover – Mid-September
The source material in Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ is so awesome and the Atlanteans and Sunaj are so iconic, Palladium is making a limited edition, signed and numbered collector’s hardcover. Contains the same source material as the softcover edition. Signed by the Palladium staff.
- Black faux leather hardcover with metallic gold imprint.
- Signed by the Palladium staff.
- Numbered 1-300 and sold on a first come, first served basis. The number you receive is based on the order in which orders are received.
- Pre-orders for the Gold Edition MUST be placed separately, not with other books. Your credit card will be charged when you place the order, including shipping, but this item will not ship until sometime in August. (It takes longer to get a hardcover printed and bound than the softcover.)
- All the same great material that is in the softcover. 60+ new Magic Tattoos. 60+ Shadow Magic spells. 30+ new Crystal Magic spells and the Crystal Mage O.C.C., the Stone Master, revisited, Sunaj Shadow Mage and Shadow Assassin O.C.C.s, and more.
- $50.00 retail – 224 pages – written by Carl Gleba – Cat. No. 890HC – At the printer, mid-September release.
Rifts® Dimension Book 15: Secrets of the Atlanteans™ - Available now!
True Atlanteans are among the most mysterious and storied heroes across the Megaverse®. Forced to flee Earth more than 15,000 ago when Atlantis was lost, they have traveled the cosmos in search of new wonders and knowledge, and to wage war against supernatural evil. Masters of dimensional travel and the fabled Tattoo Magic, True Atlanteans have become renowned as vampire slayers and heroic Champions of Light. But there is also a festering darkness from within the Atlantean clans. A darkness that could destroy them all.
Learn about Atlantean civilization, the many clans, where they are found across the Megaverse, why they hide, and why they hate the undead so much. Also discover the power of Shadow Magic, the treachery of the Sunaj Illuminati, and much more.
- 60+ Magic Tattoos.
- 60+ Shadow Magic spells.
- 50+ Crystal Magic spells and the Crystal Mage O.C.C.
- Stone Pyramids described and mapped.
- Stone Master and Undead Slayer, revisited.
- Sunaj Shadow Mage and Shadow Assassin O.C.C.s.
- The dark history, shame, and secrets of True Atlanteans.
- Learn more about the famous Atlantean Tattooed Warriors, Undead Slayers, Stone Masters and other Atlantean heroes.
- Tremble at the terrible secrets of the Aerihman and their plans for inter-dimensional domination.
- Dark secrets of the sinister Sunaj secret society.
- Who are the Sunaj and why do they hunt True Atlanteans?
- Valuable source material and adventure ideas galore.
- $24.95 retail – 224 pages – Cat. No. 890 – written by Carl Gleba. Now shipping!
New! Nightbane® Dark Designs™ – Available now!
Nightbane® Dark Designs™ is a guide to creating the Nightbane and a sourcebook for players and Game Masters alike. It presents all sorts of new Nightbane creation tables, new Morphus tables, new Talents, and new information. Info and powers that enable players to make memorable Nightbane characters and G.M.s to take their games up a notch.
- 18 new and comprehensive Morphus Tables.
- 60 new Common Talents.
- 38 new Elite Talents.
- Transformation Transition Table.
- Talent creation and conversion rules.
- Ancient Nightbane R.C.C. fully statted out and creation tables.
- Insight to the Becoming.
- Answers to some common questions & more.
- Appendix of 23 Morphus Tables gathered from the Nightbane® RPG and Sourcebooks.
- Appendix of 53 Talents gathered from the Nightbane® RPG and Sourcebooks.
- Written by Mark Oberle. Cover by Charles Walton II and Eduardo Dominguez.
- $20.95 – 160 pages – Cat. No. 736 – Available now!
NEW! Nightbane® Dark Designs sourcebook – Raw Preview Limited Edition – Only 150 copies available
Back from the printer. Available now.
The Raw Preview Edition of Nightbane® Dark Designs™ is an advance copy of the unedited, unillustrated, final working manuscript for this exciting new sourcebook. A rare look at the raw manuscript before publication. Limited to a total of 150 copies, sold on a first come, first served basis.
Nightbane® Dark Designs™ is a guide to creating the Nightbane®, and a sourcebook for players and Game Masters alike. It presents all sorts of new Nightbane creation tables, new Morphus tables, new Talents, and new information. Info and powers that enable players to make memorable Nightbane characters and for G.M.s to take their games up a notch.
- Limited collector’s edition – only 150 total copies made!
- Sold on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last.
- A rare glimpse at the virgin manuscript and a work in progress.
- 18 New and comprehensive Morphus Tables.
- 60 New Talents.
- 40 New Elite Talents.
- Transformation Transition Table.
- Talent creation and conversion steps.
- The Ancient Nightbane R.C.C. fully statted out.
- Insight to the Becoming.
- Answers to some common questions and more.
- Written by Mark Oberle.
- $20.00 – 96 page Raw Edition – Cat. No. 736-RAW – Available now, while supplies last!
The Rifter® #77 – available now
Adventure, madness, strange creatures and strange lands fill this issue of The Rifter®. This issue is a playground for heroes and a source of adventure, but beware the danger that lurks in the shadows.
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory for players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and find new avenues of adventure. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. And the source material can be easily adapted for use in ANY Palladium game setting.
Rifter® #77 Highlights:
- Rifts® – City of Nowhere – an adventure setting – by Brett Caron. Capitalism, magic and dark secrets build an enchanted city with a dark underbelly that may not hold.
- Heroes Unlimited™ “official” source material – by Kevin Siembieda. The mad genius of Doctor Feral breeds new mutant menaces, heroes and adventure. Four new super abilities.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – the city of Khemennu adventure setting by Ian Herbert. A holy city dedicated the Church of Light and Dark, and resting place of the legendary Sun Disc. A place of intrigue, magic and adventure.
- Splicers® – I am Legion, Part Six – by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – “official” source material. This is it! The final battle against Legion! The Legion personality and her Black Shroud armor statted and described. Secrets and dangers revealed about the Factory Walker and more. Even in victory, the world may never be the same.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- Cover by Michael Leonard. Art by Walton, Rodriguez, and others.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 177. Available NOW.
NEW! Rifts® Living Nowhere™ – A Rifts® Sourcebook set in the Pecos Empire
This title presents three interrelated towns off the beaten path in the Pecos Empire. Each with its own unique character and problems. All fun locations to visit and find adventure and trouble. Something dark and deadly is brewing in the middle of Nowhere, where experimental Techno-Wizard devices and weapons offer prosperity, but could be the doom of everyone living there. Big ideas. Building upon material that appeared in The Rifter®, expanded.
- Three towns described.
- New Techno-Wizard weapons and devices.
- Experimental Techno-Wizard items that call upon entropy and death.
- Dark magic, madness and deadly secrets spawn dangerous adventures.
- Many adventure ideas, Non-Player Characters, and fun.
- Written by Brett Caron. Additional text and ideas Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 895. In final production.
NEW! Garden of the Gods™ – A Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook
This has been a secret project of Kevin Siembieda’s that he has been plotting and writing in what little spare time he has. The Garden of the Gods is said to be a holy place watched over and even frequented by the avatars of the gods. According to legend, the god may visit heroes and followers in dreams or in person by an avatar of the god, to be given guidance, inspiration, heroic quests, and gifts of knowledge and magic. More details about this title will follow.
- The Garden of the Gods described in detail.
- Godly insight and visitations.
- Gifts of magic and knowledge.
- Sanctuary and more.
- The Black Pit, a place of evil and dark secrets. Is it a counterbalance to the good of the Garden, or a trick of the Old Ones?
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- Final page count and price yet to be determined, but probably 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 475. In production.
NEW! Rifts® CS Arsenal™ – A Rifts® Secrets of the Coalition States™ Sourcebook
This title is hotly anticipated and ties directly into Rifts® Heroes of Humanity and Rifts® WB 35: Megaverse® in Flames. All of which are setting up something big.
Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™ CS Arsenal provides an array of new Coalition hardware: weapons, armor, additional SAMAS, other power armor, robots, combat vehicles, gear and info.
- New CS weapons and gear.
- New CS SAMAS and power armor.
- New CS robots and combat vehicles.
- More secrets and information about the Coalition States.
- Wild adventure opportunities, fun and more.
- Part of the Minion War™ “Crossover” series.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Clements, Gleba and others.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 893. In production. Hot!
Rifts® The Disavowed – A Secrets of the Coalition States™ Sourcebook
“Desperate times require desperate measures. War has nothing to do with morality or justice. It’s all about winning or dying. We cannot bind our hands with high ideals, even our own, or worry about the laws of renegade nations or the rights of alien people. We must fight fire with fire. And you are the match.” – Colonel Lyboc addressing a Disavowed team.
The Disavowed are so Top Secret that their existence is known only to a handful of the Coalition States’ most elite, top echelon, with Joseph Prosek II the mastermind behind the Disavowed operation, and Colonel Lyboc its shadowy face. Find out who these men and women are. How the Disavowed get away with using magic, traveling to other parts of Rifts Earth and even to other dimensions in pursuit of enemies and strategic information that cannot be had through conventional means. Learn about the secret parameters in which these hard-boiled warriors, secretly hand-picked by Joseph Prosek II, operate, why almost every mission is considered a suicide mission, and why they must forever be the Disavowed.
- CS operatives so secret that even the top military and political leaders right up to Emperor Prosek know nothing about them. And if they did know, would they condone their activity or condemn it?
- Are the Disavowed heroes or renegades? Assassins or soldiers? Madmen or super-patriots? Or a little of them all?
- Unsung heroes who keep the CS safe, or thugs and pawns of a shadow agency within the Coalition government?
- What role does the Vanguard play in this group?
- How do they reward their D-Bee “teammates” when the mission is over?
- What happens to the Disavowed when they have seen or learned too much? Adventure ideas galore and so much more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 892. In production.
New! Rifts® Sovietski™
The Rifts® Sovietski™ World Book presents background information on the fledgling Sovietski nation, notable cities and people, politics, and its growing army, plus Deadzones, Spetsnaz Special Forces, new bionics, Russian D-Bees, and more.
- New Cyborgs and other O.C.C.s.
- The Sovietski nation and its army.
- Weapons, new bionics, combat vehicles, and gear.
- Bunker Creation tables and Deadzone tables.
- Russian D-Bees, adventure ideas and more.
- By Brandon Aten and Matthew Orr.
- $24.95 – 192 pages – Cat. No. 891 – In production.
New! In the Face of Death™ – A Dead Reign® Sourcebook
This sourcebook is all about inner city survival. Survivor colonies finding ways to live and prosper in the big city. Conventional wisdom says that living in the big population centers is impossible. These survivors prove otherwise.
- Inner city survival. Old and new O.C.C.s.
- Skyscraper communities and life on the rooftops.
- Cults – the new power in the city.
- Gangs, street runners, the new underground, and more.
- Take your zombie campaign to new heights!
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by Nick Bradshaw.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda. Adaptable to other Palladium settings.
- Size and price not yet determined, probably 96 pages – $16.95 (tentative) – Cat. No. 237. In production.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™
Robotech® is getting hotter and hotter. It is the Number One Anime on Crackle, the Robotech® movie from Sony Pictures sounds like it is going to be become a reality, more Robotech® licensed products are appearing, and Palladium is gearing up toward the release of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave Two and more Robotech® products. Ah, but the core game and expansion packs to get you started are available right now.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games, or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces. Get yours now.
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Core Box Set (Main Game) – 34 detailed game pieces – 53 game cards, 24 custom battle dice, decal sheets, rule book and more – $99.95 – Cat. No. 55100 – Available now.
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing (6 game pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55201 – Available now.
- UEDF Tomahawk/Defender Destroids (4 game pieces) – $32.95 – Cat. No. 55202 – Available now.
- UEDF Spartan/Phalanx Destroids (4 game pieces) – $32.95 retail – Cat. No. 55203 – Available now.
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepods (4 game pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55401 – Available now.
- Zentraedi Artillery Battlepods (6 game pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55402 – Available now.
- Zentraedi Glaug Command (3 pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55403 – Available now.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Convention Exclusives – now available to anyone
These dynamic pieces are available as a regular item in the Palladium store. They are powerful fun and only have 4-6 parts, so they are easy to put together. They look awesome on your shelf or in your game. Get yours while supplies last.
Cat. No. 56015 – $22.00 – Max Sterling’s Valkyrie Battloid
Cat. No. 56019 – $22.00 – Miriya in Super Valkyrie
Cat. No. 56020 – $22.00 – Breetai in Heavy Combat Armor
Cat. No. 56021 – $22.00 – Grell in Male Power Armor
© Copyright 2017 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Powers Unlimited®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars®, Chaos Earth®, Dead Reign®, and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.