Palladium Books® Weekly Update – March 10, 2017
By Kevin Siembieda
We are recovering from the aftermath of a violent windstorm that swept across Michigan for most of Wednesday. The Palladium office and warehouse miraculously survived the windstorm without any serious problems. Lights flickered a few times, one tree came down, and we lost Internet access for a short while, but other than that, we are fully powered, at least for now. Unfortunately, Kathy Simmons, Chuck Walton and Wayne Smith are all down and dealing with storm issues. They are among the estimated 800,000 people in Michigan without power. To complicate matters, the weather, which had been spring-like, is dropping to freezing and below for the next 6-8 days. Our hearts go out to the many with down wires, uprooted trees and power outages across the Midwest and into lower Canada. We hope your power is restored soon!
BIG Rifts® sales event – March 9-15, 2017 – One week only
We think of this as our “What happened to an early spring?!” sale. The Rifts® Ultimate RPG and all World Books are available at a 30% discount from now through next Wednesday. There has been so much excitement about Rifts® lately, that I thought we should celebrate with a short sale. A good time to stock up. (Next week will be Rifts® Sourcebooks, including the Rifts® G.M. Guide and Book of Magic, and Rifts® miniatures.)
UPDATE: The Rifter® #77 – available now
The windstorm did not prevent our printer from delivering The Rifter® #77 a day early. We packed up subscriber copies Wednesday afternoon and shipped them all out this morning. Distributor orders ship on Friday. It is another action-packed and fun issue with “official” adventure source material for Heroes Unlimited™ (Doc Feral and super-powered mutants), as well as some very fun material for Palladium Fantasy® (a new city-state to explore in the Old Kingdom) and Rifts® (a TW city and characters that will surprise you) and ... are you ready for it, the final chapter of the epic, Splicers® I am Legion adventure source material, also “official.” Shipping now!
The Rifter® #76 is also available now. More than half of it is “official” source material, including The Primorda, “Official” for Rifts® and Palladium Fantasy® (new Elemental beings and their monstrous riding animals), and “official” adventure source material for the Splicers® I am Legion story which sees its conclusion in The Rifter® #77. There is also an adventure setting with villains and enemy forces suitable for Heroes Unlimited™ and Ninjas and Superspies™, and other good stuff.
UPDATE: Carmen Bellaire is hanging strong
As you might expect, Carmen has good days and rough days. I am happy to report that the good days outnumber the bad, and he has found working on the Rifts® board game to be therapeutic. Every time he and I talk about the game, I can hear the excitement in his voice. Our sincere thanks to those of you who have expressed your support and well wishes for Carmen, his family, and the Rifts® board game.
UPDATE: Rifts® Board Game from Rogue Heroes™ LLC is a go – Kickstarter to launch April/May, 2017
I spoke with Carmen Bellaire this morning and he confirms that he is still shooting for a late April into May Kickstarter for the Rifts® Board Game Kickstarter. He seems quite happy with the polishing up of the game rules and card layout. Though a lot of the art and design is done, sculptors and artists continue to work away at what is left on the project.
I have written about how the Rifts® Board Game and a successful Kickstarter for it will help launch Carmen’s own game company, Rogue Heroes Publishing, a longtime dream of his. And how he has put more than two years into developing the Rifts® Board Game. But it is more than just Carmen’s dream. The sculptors and artists have put their hearts and souls into making this game amazing, and Carmen’s family have put their trust and faith in all of them. For me and Palladium, the dream is two-fold: One is seeing Rifts® expand into new mediums for people to discover and enjoy, and two, seeing a hardworking creator given the opportunity to follow his own dream.
Carmen Bellaire’s Rifts® Board Game is the stuff of dreams for a lot of people, and that includes you. If the game is a success for Carmen, it is just the beginning of his plans for Rifts® in miniatures as well as many other realms of adventure burning inside his imagination, waiting to come out. From Robotech® RPG Tactics™ to entirely new games and ideas, Carmen has a great many game ideas.
I hope you will find it in your hearts to help make Carmen’s shared dream for a Rifts® board game a reality. The Kickstarter looks like it will run from the middle or end of April into the first half of May (tentative). Watch for it. Support it. And spread the word to see where this new beginning for Carmen and Rogue Heroes™ Publishing carries all of us. And most of all, dare to follow your own dreams.
Go to the Rogue Heroes Publishing Facebook Page to see more images and up-to-date information.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave Two
It may have taken what feels like forever, but things are really starting to come together for the relaunch of Robotech® RPG Tactics™. All kinds of plans are beginning to gel in regard to product, promotion and organized play as we wait for feedback on new ideas and approaches to manufacturing.
I’m afraid we still do not have hard details to share just yet, but they are coming. And if things pan out the way we hope they will — wow. We are considering (and getting quotes for) several different levels of possibilities, and this is not just for RRT Wave Two, but for long-term plans for Robotech® RPG Tactics™ overall. Some of the smaller, short-term plans should start to manifest in the weeks ahead, while the bigger plans we hope to be able to offer soon.
I know some frustrated backers have decided that Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave Two is never coming out. I understand their frustration, because we share it. What they may not seem to realize is that RRT is one of Palladium’s dreams. We are uber fans of Robotech® and our intention has always been to bring you Robotech® in a new, dynamic way with gorgeous game pieces and tactical combat rules. As the old saying goes, The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. But WE have never given up on that dream and are doing our utmost to make it a bold reality. We’ve learned from our mistakes and are working hard to right the ship and deliver on our promises. An opportunity has arisen for us to make that happen in a big way and we are exploring it with all our might. Keep the faith! Wish us luck and hope that we can make this all happen. When we have the hard details, our Kickstarter backers will be the first to know about them.
UPDATE: AdeptiCon – March 23-26 – Chicagoland area
Palladium Books will be at AdeptiCon selling and demoing Robotech® RPG Tactics™. There will also be a selection of Robotech® RPG books and select Rifts® and other products available. The Robotech® Masters’ Saga (Southern Cross) sourcebook is especially nice in the 8½ x 11 inch format.
Also stop by the Palladium Books booth at AdeptiCon to get the latest news and a special promotion for the Rifts® Board Game. Carmen Bellaire cannot make AdeptiCon this year as he had intended, so we will be representing both Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and the Rifts® Board Game coming from Rogue Heroes Publishing. (Anything to help our friend, Carmen and his dedicated crew of creators.) Thank you.
UPDATE: Rifts® CS Arsenal – coming soon.
UPDATE: Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ – March release
Work also continues on this book. I will be assigning the rest of the artwork for it next week.
UPDATE: Rifts® Sovietski™ – Spring or Summer Release
Artwork continues to come in for Sovietski and is looking good.
UPDATE: Garden of the Gods™ – a Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook – March or April release
Artwork for Garden of the Gods has been assigned. Other books in development for Palladium Fantasy®: Lopan™ Adventure Sourcebook, Lopanic Games™ Sourcebook and Land of the South Winds™, among other things.
UPDATE: Dead Reign® Sourcebook: In the Face of Death
Artist Nick Bradshaw continues to work on the interior art, while E.M. Gist works on giving us another dynamic cover.
Now on DriveThruRPG.com – Rifts® Shemarrian Nation Sourcebook, Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook, Coalition Navy™ and a Rifts® Primer, FREE Hell Followed™ Preview, ALL Robotech® RPG Tactics™ cards and much more
The Rifts® Shemarrian Nation Sourcebook is now available, along with Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook, Rifts® Coalition Navy, the Rifts® Primer, the FREE Hell Followed™ Preview, Rifts® Black Market (one of my faves), Rifts® Mercenary Adventures™, Rifts® Mercenaries, MercTown™, Merc Ops™, and so much more, are all available now in PDF. You can also get ALL Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game cards, Robotech® and Rifts® Paper Miniatures along with Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Triax Two, The Rifter® #1-69, Rifts® World Books 1-30 and many other Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited™, Palladium Fantasy®, Nightbane® and other game line titles. New Robotech® RPG Tactics™ material will be made available in the weeks ahead. All of it adds to the growing list of Rifts®, Robotech® and other Palladium RPG game titles available as PDF books, cards and support. A new title should be added every week or two, so watch for them.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave 2 Paper Game Pieces, and all RRT game cards, Rifts® Ultimate Edition and 160+ other PDF Palladium titles, RRT stuff, G.M. helper kits and free material are on DriveThruRPG.com right now! More Rifts®, Robotech® and other Palladium game titles, paper miniatures and fun are coming to PDF in the weeks and months ahead. Watch for them.
Recent PDF titles include Rifts® Sourcebook One Revised, Rifts® Sourcebook Two: The Mechanoids®, Rifts® Sourcebook Three: Mindwerks™, Rifts® Sourcebook Four: Coalition Navy™, Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook, Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Triax 2, Rifts® Mercenaries, MercTown™ and Merc Ops™, Rifts® Black Market, Rifts® World Book 30: D-Bees of North America™, Rifts® World Book 29: Madhaven™, Rifts® World Book 28: Arzno™, Rifts® World Book 27: Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp, Rifts® World Book 26: Dinosaur Swamp, World Book 25: Rifts® China Two, and World Book 24: Rifts® China One, among many, many others. There are also previews of Rifts® CS Heroes of Humanity™, The Rifter® #73, Northern Gun 1 & 2, Lemuria, Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms, Bizantium and many other Palladium titles. Check back every week to see which new PDFs of Rifts® World Books and other titles have been added!
In addition to the titles listed above, The Minion War™ series of books, the Rifts® Coalition Wars®/Tolkeen series, Chaos Earth® Resurrection, all of the Dead Reign® (Zombie Apocalypse) titles, Splicers® RPG and most issues of The Rifter® are available NOW! So are first edition rules of the Heroes Unlimited™ RPG and sourcebooks, Palladium Fantasy RPG® and sourcebooks, The Mechanoids®, and much more, available on DriveThruRPG.com.
Available right now:
- Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Rifts® Shemarrian Nation Sourcebook, Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook, Rifts® Sourcebook Four: Coalition Navy™, Rifts® Sourcebook 3: Mindwerks™, Rifts® Sourcebook Two: The Mechanoids®, Rifts® Sourcebook One Revised, Rifts® Mercenaries, MercTown™, Merc Ops™ and Mercenary Adventures™, Rifts® Black Market, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Triax 2, Rifts® World Book 30: D-Bees of North America™, Rifts® World Book 29: Madhaven™, Rifts® World Book 28: Arzno™, Rifts® World Book 27: Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp™, Rifts® World Book 26: Dinosaur Swamp, Rifts® World Book 25: China Two, Rifts® World Book 24: China One, Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion, Rifts® World Book 22: Free Quebec, Rifts® World Book 21: Splynn Dimensional Market, Rifts® World Book 20: Canada, Rifts® World Book 19: Australia, Rifts® World Book 18: Mystic Russia, Rifts® World Book 17: Warlords of Russia, Rifts® World Book 16: Federation of Magic, Rifts® World Book 15: Spirit West, Rifts® World Book 14: New West™, Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™, Rifts® World Book 12: Psyscape™, Rifts® World Book 11: Coalition War Campaign™, Rifts® World Book 10: Juicer Uprising™, and Rifts® World Book 9: South America 2 along with World Books #1-8 and various other Rifts® titles.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG, Chaos Earth®: Rise of Magic™, Chaos Earth® Resurrection™ and Creatures of Chaos™ are all available now.
- Two free Chaos Earth® Resurrection previews and many other previews.
- Rifts® Coalition Wars®: Siege on Tolkeen series – all six titles.
- Rifts® The Minion War™ series – six current books – consisting of Dimension Book 10: Hades, Dimension Book 11: Dyval, Dimension Book 12: Dimensional Outbreak, HU2 adventure sourcebook: Armageddon Unlimited™, Heroes of the Megaverse®, and Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames available now! Suitable for ALL settings, including Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited™ and The Palladium Fantasy RPG®.
- Dead Reign® RPG titles. The Zombie Apocalypse is yours to role-play with the Dead Reign® RPG. The core rule book and all sourcebooks are available now.
- The Rifter® issues #1-69.
- FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ paper game pieces, force organization tables, stat cards, rules and special items – with more coming soon!
- FREE 12 highly-detailed, comprehensive Robotech® RPG Tactics™ assembly instructions for all the Wave One mecha – available now.
- FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ color guides are available now.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® Paper Miniatures – Volumes #1-6 are available now. More are coming in the weeks ahead.
- 160+ Palladium titles, plus G.M. kits, and more.
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Men at Arms – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Coalition Dead Boys – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Adventurers – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Practitioners of Magic (new) – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Extras (new) – $2.99
- And more to come in the weeks ahead.
Palladium Collectibles Available in Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles Store
Alex and I have added and continue to add a lot of vintage Star Wars toys and a growing number of all kinds of collectibles – and we’ll be adding more Palladium Books original art and items to the store, so keep an eye out for them.
This includes one-of-a-kind original artwork, prints, Rifts® and Robotech® artwork by Kevin Long, me and others. There is also a range of limited editions, rare book titles and limited edition hardcovers, toys and more that are all being added to my ebay store over the next several weeks, so keep an eye out. Alex and I will keep adding items as our busy schedules allow, but we have a lot of fun collectibles available now and coming soon. Items include original art, out of print titles, redlined proofreader photocopies signed by me and the staff, signed manuscripts with editors’ corrections, some original art, hardcover books (including Rifts® Lemuria, Northern Gun™ One, Northern Gun™ Two, Megaverse® in Flames™, Beyond the Supernatural™ Gold, Rifts® Machinations of Doom™ Gold and Rifts® Ultimate Gold) and other items available. There are also hundreds of toys and action figures, all from my personal archives and collection. Take a look every weekend for new items added.
GEN CON – There is still time to get your game event in the program
To guarantee a dedicated gaming area and listing in the program book and online schedule, we need your descriptions and details over the next few weeks. Please start sending them in to NMI. Any Megaversal Ambassador can help you, but NMI is the primary Gen Con event coordinator. We had some awesome events the last few years, so let us, please, keep the trend going. Remember, G.M.s running Palladium events get a discount coupon for EACH game they run that they can redeem at the Palladium booth. We are looking for Game Masters to run any and all Palladium game settings: Rifts®, Robotech®, Robotech® RPG Tactics™, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™, Splicers®, Nightbane®, Dead Reign®, Beyond the Supernatural™ and all the rest! We appreciate ALL of you, and love that you run games for us at Gen Con. Thank you.
CoastCon 40 was fun
I had a good time at CoastCon last weekend. The convention was smaller and calmer than I thought it would be, which meant I could unwind and relax a bit. The convention organizers are all very nice people and seemed to appreciate my being there as a guest. I met one of Palladium’s Megaversal Ambassadors (hey, Synjyn) and a number of fans. Some of whom came to CoastCon just to meet me, which is always flattering. I hope I did not disappoint.
My two Lord DeSilca games were a blast. The first one, the players were efficient, organized and excellent role-players. They also did a couple of things that I had never experienced over all the years that I have run this tournament game. That’s why I love role-playing; when you think you have seen it all, you haven’t. The second game was more chaotic and frantic, but again, great role-playing and a lot of fun. These guys saved the day with scant seconds to spare. A lot of fun. Another fun event was being part of the Would I lie to you? panel/game/exhibition. That garnered a lot of laughs and I recommend it becomes a permanent part of the convention’s events. Otherwise it was mostly all about gaming. Nice.
The other nice part of the trip for me, besides being right off the beach in a spring-like environment with green trees and grass in the dead of winter (it was snowing back home in Michigan), was hanging with Sean Patrick Fannon (Rifts® Savage Worlds), Jason Carter (Babylon 5 actor), the supremely talented Tara Andrus (artist), and making new friends like Tony, Steve, Mike, Pauline, Brian, Dave, and others.
I have talked a lot about dreams lately. That is because writing books and creating games is all about dreams. The ability to imagine new worlds, heroes and adventures. Not just imagine them, but to find the courage to bring them to life as a published book or game. It takes a lot more courage and work than you might imagine. There is no guarantee of success (or continued success) and you – the creative force behind it – put your heart into everything you do, so you are putting yourself out there for everyone to see. It’s hard.
I’ve been doing it for a lot of years now, and it is still a bit scary, because you care. Care about the integrity of your work and the many other people – artists, writers, editors, staff, and fans – who have become attached to your work.
Thirty-six years and I still dream and imagine and create with the enthusiasm of a game designer looking to launch his first game. Each book or game is like a newborn to be proud of. Something that has gestated and grown over the course of many months, sometimes years. That’s probably why I am so excited for, and supportive of, Carmen Bellaire with his Rifts® board game coming from Rogue Heroes Publishing, and Sean Patrick Fannon with his work on Rifts® for Savage Worlds. When you’ve been able to live your own dreams, you want to help others realize theirs.
And though I have been talking about the dreams of the creative people behind making something, it is all really about YOU. Every game and book Palladium has ever published is for you, our audience. As we design our games, we think about you. How you will go wild over this power or ability, or weapon or character. How you will enjoy this world or that setting. Or be delightfully surprised by a new revelation or innovation. We do it for you. We always have. It’s all about the audience and making you squeal with delight with each new release.
I wish you could see into our minds and hearts, like Professor X of the X-Men, so you could feel our sincerity and excitement. So that you could glimpse, even for a moment, the many things we intend to bring to you. The earth-shattering plans for Rifts®, for Robotech®, for Heroes Unlimited, and all the rest. Things we are actively plotting. Writing. Drawing. Forming and coming to life in our imaginations for you. Things I cannot share with you just yet for strategic business reasons. (The downside to creativity being tethered to having to make a living.) I wish you could see it, because the things we have planned – me, Carmen, Sean, Chuck, and all of us – they are truly earth-shattering. Epic. Things that are going to change the way you look at our games, maybe even role-playing, and hopefully inspire you to dig out your old books and snap up the new ones with unbridled excitement. The kind of excitement you felt when you first discovered Rifts® or Robotech®, or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® and Palladium Fantasy®, or D&D or whatever RPG first set your imagination on fire.
I just want you to know that great things are being built behind the scenes at Palladium Books, Pinnacle Entertainment and Rogue Heroes Publishing. That the plans at Palladium for the next three years are going to wow and intrigue you like you haven’t seen in ... maybe ever.
And I want to thank you for being my inspiration. I never had the classic “muse.” That one person who inspired me to strive harder and reach for the stars. I’ve had lots and lots of them. Millions of them, because you, our fans, are my muse. You inspire me to push the envelope and boldly go where I have not dared to tread before. You inspire me to take chances and dare to dream. Thank you. Keep those imaginations burning and game on!
– Kevin Siembieda, Game Designer, Writer, Publisher
UPDATE: Games and Sourcebooks Coming from Palladium
- The Rifter #77 – Winter issue – 96 pages – shipping now!
- The Rifter® #76 – Autumn issue – 96 pages.
- Hell Followed™, a Dead Reign® Sourcebook – 160 pages.
- Weapons, Armor & Castles of the Orient™ – 48 page, comic book size format.
- Robotech® The Masters Saga™ Sourcebook – New 8½ x 11 format, 160 pages.
- Rifts® Coalition States: Heroes of Humanity™
- Rifts® Poker Deck #1 (color)
- Rifts® Poker Deck #2 (color and b/w illustrations)
Coming Soon 2017
- Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™ ARSENAL – 96 or 128 pages – March, in production right now. It too is laying the groundwork for something big. Working on it now.
- Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ – 192 pages – by Carl Gleba – March/April, also in production now and looking great.
- Rifts® The Disavowed™ Sourcebook – More CS intrigue leading to something big – April/May.
- Garden of the Gods™, a Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook – by Kevin Siembieda – March/April.
- Dead Reign® Inner City Survival Sourcebook (tentative title) – by Kevin Siembieda – Spring.
- Others – We may try to slip in a few small books before summer.
Coming Later in 2017 and 2018
- Lopan™, a Palladium Fantasy RPG® Adventure Sourcebook
- Lopanic Games™, a Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook
- Robotech® RPG: Ghost Fleet Saga™ Sourcebook
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Wave 2 expansion packs
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Scenario Book One and events
- Rifts® Sovietski™ World Book
- Rifts® Haunted Tech™ Sourcebook – Rescheduled
- Chaos Earth® First Responders
- Splicers® Sourcebooks
- Heroes Unlimited™ Sourcebooks
- Nightbane® Sourcebook
- Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebooks
- Rifts® World Books and Sourcebooks, including Rifts® New Navy, Rifts® Antarctica, and others.
- And some big surprises coming this summer and fall
New! The Rifter® #77 – Now Shipping!
Adventure, madness, strange creatures and strange lands fill this issue of The Rifter®. This issue is a playground for heroes and a source of adventure, but beware the danger that lurks in the shadows.
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory for players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and find new avenues of adventure. It provides useful, ready to go source material you can just drop into your ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. And the many new characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, villains, monsters, adventures and ideas for one setting can be easily adapted to any Palladium setting.
Rifter® #77 Highlights:
- Rifts® – City of Nowhere – an adventure setting by Brett Caron. Capitalism, magic and dark secrets build an enchanted city with a dark underbelly that may not hold.
- Heroes Unlimited™ “official” source material – by Kevin Siembieda. The mad genius of Doctor Feral breeds new mutant menaces, heroes and adventure. Four new super abilities.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – the city of Khemennu adventure setting by Ian Herbert. A holy city dedicated to the Church of Light and Dark, and the resting place of the legendary Sun Disc. A place of intrigue, magic and adventure.
- Splicers® – I am Legion, Part Six – by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – “official” source material. This is it! The final battle against Legion! The Legion personality and her Black Shroud armor statted and described. Secrets and dangers revealed about the Factory Walker and more. Even in victory, the world may never be the same.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- Rifts® cover by Michael “Madman” Leonard.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 177. Now available!
COMING! Heroes of Humanity™ CS Arsenal – Rifts® Secrets of the Coalition States™ Sourcebook
Rifts® Heroes of Humanity gave you updated Coalition Army O.C.C.s, ways to upgrade men-at-arms, new O.C.C.s, battle plans and strategies and tactics. CS Heroes of Humanity™ Arsenal provides an array of new Coalition hardware: weapons, armor, additional SAMAS, other power armor, robots, combat vehicles, gear and info.
- New CS weapons and gear.
- New CS SAMAS and power armor.
- New CS robots and combat vehicles.
- More secrets and information about the Coalition States.
- Wild adventure opportunities, fun and more.
- Part of the Minion War™ “Crossover” series.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Clements, Gleba and others.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 893. March or April, 2017.
COMING! Rifts® The Disavowed™ – Secrets of the Coalition States™ – Coming Spring
“Desperate times require desperate measures. War has nothing to do with morality or justice. It’s all about winning or dying. We cannot bind our hands with high ideals, even our own, or worry about the laws of renegade nations or the rights of alien people. We must fight fire with fire. And you are the match.” – Colonel Lyboc addressing a Disavowed team.
The Disavowed are so Top Secret that their existence is known only to a handful of the Coalition States’ most elite, top echelon, with Joseph Prosek II the mastermind behind the Disavowed operation, and Colonel Lyboc its shadowy face. Find out who these men and women are. How the Disavowed get away with using magic, traveling to other parts of Rifts Earth and even to other dimensions in pursuit of enemies and strategic information that cannot be had through conventional means. Learn about the secret parameters in which these hard-boiled warriors, secretly hand-picked by Joseph Prosek II, operate, why almost every mission is considered a suicide mission, and why they must forever be the Disavowed.
- CS operatives so secret that even the top military and political leaders right up to Emperor Prosek know nothing about them. And if they did know, would they condone their activity or condemn it?
- Are the Disavowed heroes or renegades? Assassins or soldiers? Madmen or super-patriots? Or a little of them all?
- Unsung heroes who keep the CS safe, or thugs and pawns of a shadow agency within the Coalition government?
- What role does the Vanguard play in this group?
- How do they reward their D-Bee “teammates” when the mission is over?
- What happens to the Disavowed when they have seen or learned too much? Adventure ideas galore and so much more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 892. Coming this spring.
NEW! The Rifter® #76 – Available now!
The Rifter® #76 is filled with strange creatures, adventure and fun across the Megaverse® and multiple world settings.
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory for players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and find new avenues of adventure. It provides useful, ready to go source material you can just drop into your ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. And the many new characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, villains, monsters, adventures and ideas for one setting can be easily adapted to any Palladium setting. Every issue has material for Rifts® and usually 2-3 other Palladium game lines. The focus of this issue is Rifts®, Splicers® and RPG advice. Don’t forget, unofficial material can be easily adapted for use in ANY Palladium game setting.
Rifter® #76 Highlights:
- Rifts®, Phase World®, and Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Elemental Primordials™, by Greg Diaczyk and Kevin Siembieda – “official” source material. Elemental Primordials are something new in the Megaverse®. No one knows why they are appearing or whether that is good or bad. These new Elemental beings can be used as player characters or NPCs. Four Elemental Primordials and four riding animals from the Elemental Realms. Their very existence sparks potential storylines and adventure ideas. Get your first glimpse of them in The Rifter® #76.
- Rifts® Pecos Badlands Town – by Brett Caron. Thinking about doing some adventuring in the Rifts American Southwest? Mosey on over to Gohjjunk.
- Rifts® for Savage Worlds® Preview®. Get another look at what’s coming this winter.
- Splicers® – I am Legion, Part Five, by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – “official” source material. The adventure reaches a fever pitch as we near the conclusion. More secrets, danger and combat.
- Heroes Unlimited™, Ninjas & Superspies, Nightbane® – Blood Diamonds by Thomas Morrison presents adventure source material with a war-torn setting, story and NPCs in Africa. But it could be just the beginning of a globe spanning campaign.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- Cover by Nicholas Bradshaw. Art by Walton, Dudley, and others.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 176. Available now.
NEW! Rifts® Secrets of the Coalition States™ – Heroes of Humanity™ – Available now!
Rifts® CS Heroes of Humanity™ changes the landscape of Rifts North America and beyond, presents ways to upgrade and improve existing Men-At-Arms characters with Advanced Training, and includes new character classes, weapons, equipment, alliances and conflict to inspire epic new adventures.
Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™ outlines the battle for the soul of humanity. The Minion War™ has spilled onto Rifts Earth. At the epicenter of the invasion is North America. If either of the two rival demonic forces succeeds in conquering the continent, the rest of the world shall follow and Earth will be annexed to Hell. The demon hordes believe no one can stop them. The Coalition States has something to say about that.
For the first time in history, the Coalition States, Northern Gun, the Manistique Imperium, Lazlo, New Lazlo, Free Quebec, the Cyber-Knights, Lemurians, True Atlanteans, D-Bees, mages, mercs and many, many others stand together against a common enemy. Meanwhile, the Splugorth of Atlantis, Archie Three, the Republicans and the Vanguard engage in their own shadow war against the invading demon hordes, and each other.
- Heroes of Humanity™ lets unprecedented types of characters gather in mixed groups that would otherwise be ideologically opposed. Together they fight side-by-side for the greater good.
- New ways to upgrade your existing Men-at-Arms characters.
- Coalition Demon Hunter school and advanced training programs.
- New Coalition O.C.C.s like the Death Knight and Skelebot Specialist.
- Coalition military O.C.C.s expanded such as the CS Juicers, CS Combat Cyborgs, Psycho-Stalkers, Coalition psychics and more.
- New CS gear such as the Hellbuster and Falcon Death Wing.
- CS battle plans, world information and many adventure ideas.
- The strategies and tactics of the demons against humanity.
- The strategies and tactics of the Coalition States and its allies.
- Summary of Demon and Deevil vulnerabilities.
- One Xiticix battle plan and who really pays the price.
- Plenty of guidelines, tables and rules to help you run it all.
- Art by Charles “Chuck” Walton II, Amy L. Ashbaugh, Nick Bradshaw, Mark Dudley, Allen Manning, Brian Manning, Mike Mumah, Apollo Okamura, Tanya Ramsey, Benjamin Rodriguez, and Kevin Siembieda.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Carl Gleba, Matthew Clements and others.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 889. Available now.
Hell Followed™ – Now Shipping!
A Dead Reign® Sourcebook – Do more than survive
“This book begins to redefine the zombie genre. It broadens the field of possibilities and expands upon the modern zombie mythos. It is full of twists and surprises I had never imagined. – Alex Marciniszyn, Editor
In the wake of the Zombie Apocalypse, survivors find themselves trapped in a living hell. As everyone struggles to survive against the ravenous dead, some rise up to be heroes fighting for those in need and against all manner of evil – living and dead.
Be more than a survivor. Accept the new world and do something about it.
- 11 New types of zombies, including the Armored Brute, Dead Mound Giant, Seeker and more.
- 7 New Apocalyptic Character Classes.
- Masked Lunatics – heroes or madmen?
- Cults, good and bad, plus other weirdness and dangers.
- 21 Disasters to complicate survival. Each described with damage stats, penalties and consequences. The most comprehensive information of this type ever presented! Blizzard, Earthquake, Hurricane, Tornado, Toxic Spill, Wildfire, and more.
- Government enclaves. Could the government or its military still exist? If so, where are they? What are they doing?
- 8 Government conspiracy theories. Each fuel for creating adventures and building different organizations.
- Tables for creating government enclaves and their purpose.
- Abandoned Emergency Relief Centers and the resources they may still have to offer survivors, if they can get to them. Random tables and ideas for adventure.
- Take your zombie campaign to the next level!
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by Nick Bradshaw.
- Written by Taylor White and Kevin Siembieda. The biggest Dead Reign® sourcebook yet. Adaptable to other Palladium settings.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 236. Available now!
NEW! Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™
True Atlanteans are descendants from Earth’s past. The survivors of the sinking of Atlantis (really a dimensional mishap) and travelers of the Megaverse, wielders of Tattoo Magic and other lost mystic arts. Most people regard them as heroes, but are they? The Sunaj Assassins are mythic villains feared by all, yet they too are True Atlanteans who serve dark forces.
For the first time, much of the story behind True Atlanteans and their secrets are revealed.
- True Atlanteans revisited.
- Optional Atlantean character creation tables including clan heritage and other factors.
- Secrets of the stone pyramids, different types/purposes and powers.
- Many new magic tattoos, magic spells, weapons and armor.
- Atlantean hideouts and secret communities across the Megaverse.
- The Sunaj Assassins, their secrets, history and plans for the future.
- Atlantean Monster Hunter O.C.C., Atlantean Defender O.C.C. and much more. And this is just the tip of what this book contains.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Additional text and ideas by Kevin Siembieda.
- Final page count and price yet to be determined, but probably 160-192 pages – $20.95-$24.95 retail – Cat. No. 890.
NEW! Rifts® Poker Deck One (Color) – available now
For the first time ever, Rifts® is captured in a deck of playing cards. Each card a powerful image. Perfect for playing cards, collecting, gifts and use as an Action Deck for Pinnacle’s Rifts® Savage Worlds game line.
Gen Con gamers went wild over the two Rifts® Poker Decks and you will too. Both contain iconic Rifts® artwork and characters, and look gorgeous. The color and design of both poker decks makes the artwork pop and a joy to use. Available now.
- Premium card stock.
- Standard US Poker size deck of playing cards.
- Rifts® specific symbols for each suit.
- 52 full color playing cards, plus 2 Jokers.
- Diamonds are magic. Clubs are D-Bees. Hearts are heroes. Spades are the Coalition States.
- Each card is a unique, color image. Artists include John Zeleznik, Scott Johnson, Kevin Long, David Dorman, Charles Walton II, Mark Evans, and others.
- The back of the cards is the artwork from the cover of Rifts® Ultimate Edition depicting a Ley Line Walker with an Alien Intelligence emerging from the Rift opening behind him, energy swirling. Art by Scott Johnson.
- Customized, full color, Rifts® tuck box.
- $11.99 retail – Cat. No. 2575 – available now.
New! Rifts® Poker Deck Two (black & white illustrations) – available now
52 iconic images and characters by your favorite artists. This second deck of playing cards captures Rifts® in a different light. Each card features a different iconic, black and white illustration set in a color border of rippling magic energy from the Rifts. Illustrations are by a wide range of fan favorite artists. A fun and attractive item for playing cards, collecting, and other uses.
- Premium card stock.
- Standard US Poker size deck of playing cards.
- Rifts® specific symbols for each suit.
- Color border and suits.
- 52 playing cards featuring iconic illustrations, plus 2 Jokers.
- Diamonds are monsters. Clubs are heroes. Hearts are robots and power armor. Spades are the Coalition Army.
- Each card has a unique illustration of a famous Rifts® hero, monster, mech or agent of the Coalition. Artists include Kevin Long, Ramon K. Perez, Freddie Williams II, Michael Wilson, Jeffery Russell, Apollo Okamura, and others.
- Customized, full color, Rifts® tuck box.
- The back of the cards is the artwork from the cover of Rifts® Psyscape™ depicting a beautiful female psychic warrior, triumphant over a robotic enemy. Art by John Zeleznik.
- $11.99 retail – Cat. No. 2576 – available now.
Robotech®: The Masters Saga™ Sourcebook – New, large format 8½ x 11 sourcebook – Now available!
Robotech®: The Masters Saga™ Sourcebook has been enlarged to the standard 8½ x 11 inch format and 160 pages. Artwork was given the deluxe treatment – large, clear, and detailed to go along with the wealth of information about the Second Robotech War, the Army of the Southern Cross, its combat forces, mecha, weapons, and vehicles. The same comprehensive treatment was given to the invading Robotech Masters.
Forget the corny drama, the emphasis of this sourcebook is on the Second Robotech War and the equipment on both sides. Making the Masters Saga a big mecha and equipment book that you will want in your collection. Did you know the Army of the Southern Cross used power armor and Battloids in addition to their famous mecha? You’ll find out all about it in this comprehensive 160 page sourcebook. Much of it described and statted out in an “official” capacity for the very first time in this sourcebook. Note: Only the size, size of artwork and layout has changed. The text and data are the same as the manga-sized edition, apart from eratta and minor additions.
- 40+ weapons; pistols, rifles, grenade launchers.
- 15 O.C.C.s and MOS skill packages for the 8 main branches of the ASC and the 7 Special Forces Divisions operating under the Tactical Corps.
- 14 ASC vehicles of the Army of the Southern Cross (ASC).
- ASC Tactical battle shields, jet packs and other gear.
- ASC Veritech Mecha including the Ajax, Logan, Spartas Hover Tank, Myrmidon Light Hover Tank.
- 6 ASC power armor suits.
- 4 ASC Battloids.
- The Golem Autonomous Patrol Robot.
- The Robotech Masters and their legions.
- 6 different Bioroids, as well as the Bioroid Terminator, the Bioroid Invid Fighter, hover sled & more.
- Tirolians, spacecraft and other gear and info.
- Cover by Apollo Okamura. Interior art by the Mannings and others.
- Written by Jason Marker.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 552. Available now.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™
Robotech® is getting hotter and hotter. It is the Number One Anime on Crackle, the Robotech® movie from Sony Pictures sounds like it is going to be become a reality, more Robotech® licensed products are appearing, and Palladium is gearing up toward the release of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave Two and more Robotech® products. Ah, but the core game and expansion packs to get you started are available right now.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games, or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces. Get yours now.
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Core Box Set (Main Game) – 34 detailed game pieces – 53 game cards, 24 custom battle dice, decal sheets, rule book and more – $99.95 – Cat. No. 55100 – Available now.
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing (6 game pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55201 – Available now.
- UEDF Tomahawk/Defender Destroids (4 game pieces) – $32.95 – Cat. No. 55202 – Available now.
- UEDF Spartan/Phalanx Destroids (4 game pieces) – $32.95 retail – Cat. No. 55203 – Available now.
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepods (4 game pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55401 – Available now.
- Zentraedi Artillery Battlepods (6 game pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55402 – Available now.
- Zentraedi Glaug Command (3 pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55403 – Available now.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Convention Exclusives – now available to anyone
These dynamic pieces are available as a regular item in the Palladium store. They are powerful fun and only have 4-6 parts, so they are easy to put together. They look awesome on your shelf or in your game. Get yours while supplies last.
Cat. No. 56015 – $22.00 – Max Sterling’s Valkyrie Battloid
Cat. No. 56019 – $22.00 – Miriya in Super Valkyrie
Cat. No. 56020 – $22.00 – Breetai in Heavy Combat Armor
Cat. No. 56021 – $22.00 – Grell in Male Power Armor
© Copyright 2017 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Powers Unlimited®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Powers Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars®, Chaos Earth®, Dead Reign®, and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.