Palladium Books® Weekly Update – July 8, 2016
By Kevin Siembieda
I hope everyone in the USA enjoyed a pleasant Independence Day last weekend! The long weekend has led to a busy, short, work week for us at Palladium. It has been nonstop work and long hours, but we are getting a lot done on several fronts.
UPDATE: Robotech® The Masters Saga™ in 8½ x 11 format at the printer – ships July 29, 2016
The Robotech® The Masters Saga™ Sourcebook in the larger, 8½ x 11 inch format (like all of our books) is finished and at the printer! The larger size enables us to display the artwork in its full splendor. Images are big, detailed and powerful. It also let us include some images that did not appear in the smaller, manga format.
Robotech® The Masters Saga™ offers a wealth of information and source material. I think because the TV show focused so much on character drama in the animated series, some people lose sight of the vast range of cool gear Robotech® The Masters Saga™ has to offer. There are 15 divisions in the Army of the Southern Cross which means a bunch of different power armor suits, non-transformable Battloids, body armors, battle shields, weapons, vehicles and equipment, as well as the famous mecha like the AJAX and Hover Tank. The sourcebook focuses on the military and game aspects, making it an excellent resource for any Robotech fan, not just gamers.
If you have the manga edition, you do not NEED the new edition of the Robotech® The Masters Saga™ sourcebook. But you might want it. Most of the book’s content is the same. Changes are mostly minor errata, larger artwork which looks great, some additional art that never made it into the first edition, and some small additions like the four shot grenade launcher attachment for the Tr-LLR Mk.1 rifle, the camouflage system for the Bioroid Terminator, the Masters’ Anti-Pain Serum and their Hover Platforms. Our thanks to Colonel Wolfe and Rabid Southern Cross Fan, among others, for bringing these and other things to our attention.
The 8½ x 11 edition of Robotech® The Masters Saga™ sourcebook looks fabulous, so place your orders. We expect it to ship July 29, and we will have it at Gen Con – 160 pages; $20.95 retail. See the full description of it elsewhere in this Weekly Update and download the FREE Sneak Preview available on DriveThruRPG.com.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #74 – ships in July 29
Two-thirds of The Rifter® #74 is “official” source material for Rifts® and Splicers®. It is another great issue filled with material and great artwork that will spawn many ideas for adventure. Our printer, McNaughton & Gunn, tells us the book is on schedule to arrive at the Palladium Warehouse July 28 or 29. By the way, for you small press and self-publishers out there, we highly recommend McNaughton & Gunn. They do high quality POD (Print on Demand) runs of 50 copies and up, as well as web printing in quantities as low as 1,000 copies. You know their quality from all the Palladium books they have printed over the years, so you might want to get a quote from them on your next project. Looking to help out others if we can.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #75 – August release
Wayne is already selecting material and Alex is editing. Another fun issue is coming together. The Rifter® #75 is an August release.
UPDATE: CS Heroes of Humanity™ – Available now!
UPDATE: CS Heroes of Humanity™ Arsenal Sourcebook – August
Just getting back to work on the CS Arsenal sourcebook. It is jam-packed with new Coalition weapons, power armor, robots, combat vehicles, and other goodies. It is a companion title to Rifts® CS Heroes of Humanity™ but works as a stand-alone sourcebook as well. Note: We may have an advance Raw Preview Edition CS Arsenal available for sale at Gen Con.
UPDATE: Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ – August
Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ by Carl Gleba is in final production and is another incredible resource. It offers never before revealed information about the Atlantean Tribes, Sunaj, new magic tattoos, and all kinds of new information! It is a far-reaching Dimension Book with applications for characters and adventures on Rifts Earth, Phase World® and across the Megaverse®. Looking like a September release.
Note: We will have a Raw Preview Edition Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ available for sale at Gen Con. “Raw editions” are the unfinished, unedited manuscript, subject to change, typeset and printed as a 128 copy limited edition for those of you who love getting a sneak peek at upcoming books. People have enjoyed them in the past, so we thought we would do a few of them for Gen Con. Any that are left after Gen Con will be made available in the Palladium online store on a first come, first served basis.
UPDATE: Rifts® Sovietski™ – Fall release
Rifts® Sovietski™ by Brandon Aten and Matthew Orr is in production and contains new cyborgs and bionics that can be pulled into any campaign, not just European adventures.
Note: We will have a Raw Preview Edition Rifts® Sovietski™ available for sale at Gen Con. “Raw editions” are the unfinished, unedited manuscript, subject to change, typeset and printed as a 128 copy limited edition for those of you who love getting a sneak peek at upcoming books. People have enjoyed them in the past, so we thought we would do a few of them for Gen Con. Any that are left after Gen Con will be made available in the Palladium online store on a first come, first served basis.
UPDATE: Hell Followed™ sourcebook for Dead Reign® – Fall release
Artwork continues to be created and I’m still loving that E.M. Gist cover. Hell Followed will be a September or October release.
UPDATE: Savage Rifts® for Savage Worlds
Excitement continues to run high for Savage Rifts® from Pinnacle Entertainment for the Savage Worlds game system. Palladium is working with Pinnacle to allow fans to create conversions and fan materials on the Palladium website and elsewhere. The official policy will be coming soon.
UPDATE: Rifts® Poker Deck
One of the projects on the back burner at Palladium Books has been the creation of a couple of sets of Rifts® poker cards and offering them through DriveThruRPG.com, where gamers can order the decks on demand. This has been on the drawing board since our lovely meeting with the DriveThru people at Gen Con last year. Something we thought many Rifts® fans might enjoy. And now because the Savage Worlds game system uses poker cards as an “Action Deck,” we hope these cards can fill that role as well. We hope to have one or two decks available in a few weeks. More ways to game on.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
We have been rather silent these past few months because we have been plotting the groundwork for the relaunch of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and the releases of RRT Wave Two and beyond. We did not want to talk about details until we had worked out a lot of them. I’m glad we didn’t, because things have changed several times and certain plans did not work out. Digital materials should be appearing in the weeks ahead, along with more solid news and information.
UPDATE: Sneak Preview of Robotech® The Masters Saga™ available now. New Robotech® RPG Tactics™® cards, stats and materials are coming along with other good stuff.
Get a glimpse at the large format Robotech® Masters Saga Sourcebook as well as snag a copy of Rifts® Ultimate Edition and 160+ other PDF titles, G.M. guides and free material on DriveThruRPG.com right now! More Rifts®, Robotech® and other Palladium game titles, paper miniatures and fun coming to PDF in the weeks and months ahead. Watch for them.
Recent PDF titles include Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Rifts® World Book 28: Arzno™, Rifts® World Book 27: Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp, Rifts® World Book 26: Dinosaur Swamp, World Book 25: Rifts® China Two, and World Book 24: Rifts® China One, among many, many others. There are also previews of Rifts® CS Heroes of Humanity™, The Rifter® #73, Northern Gun 1 & 2, Lemuria, Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms, Bizantium and many other Palladium titles. Check back every week to see which new PDFs of Rifts® World Books and other titles have been added!
In addition to the titles listed above, The Minion War™ series of books, the Rifts® Coalition Wars®/Tolkeen series, Chaos Earth® Resurrection, all of the Dead Reign® (Zombie Apocalypse) titles, Splicers® RPG and most issues of The Rifter® are available NOW! So are first edition rules of the Heroes Unlimited™ RPG and sourcebooks, Palladium Fantasy RPG® and sourcebooks, The Mechanoids®, and much more, available on DriveThruRPG.com.
Available right now:
- Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Rifts® World Book 28: Arzno™, Rifts® World Book 27: Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp™, Rifts® World Book 26: Dinosaur Swamp, Rifts® World Book 25: China Two, Rifts® World Book 24: China One, Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion, Rifts® World Book 22: Free Quebec, Rifts® World Book 21: Splynn Dimensional Market, Rifts® World Book 20: Canada, Rifts® World Book 19: Australia, Rifts® World Book 18: Mystic Russia, Rifts® World Book 17: Warlords of Russia, Rifts® World Book 16: Federation of Magic, Rifts® World Book 15: Spirit West, Rifts® World Book 14: New West™, Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™, Rifts® World Book 12: Psyscape™, Rifts® World Book 11: Coalition War Campaign™, Rifts® World Book 10: Juicer Uprising™, and Rifts® World Book 9: South America 2 along with World Books #1-8 and various other Rifts® titles.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG, Chaos Earth®: Rise of Magic™, Chaos Earth® Resurrection™ and Creatures of Chaos™ are all available now.
- Two free Chaos Earth® Resurrection previews and many other previews.
- Rifts® Coalition Wars®: Siege on Tolkeen series – all six titles.
- Rifts® The Minion War™ series – six current books – consisting of Dimension Book 10: Hades, Dimension Book 11: Dyval, Dimension Book 12: Dimensional Outbreak, HU2 adventure sourcebook: Armageddon Unlimited™, Heroes of the Megaverse®, and Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames available now! Suitable for ALL settings, including Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited™ and The Palladium Fantasy RPG®.
- Dead Reign® RPG titles. The Zombie Apocalypse is yours to role-play with the Dead Reign® RPG. The core rule book and all sourcebooks are available now.
- The Rifter® issues #1-66.
- FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ paper game pieces, force organization tables, stat cards, rules and special items – coming soon!
- FREE 12 highly-detailed, comprehensive Robotech® RPG Tactics™ assembly instructions for all the Wave One mecha – available now.
- FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ color guides are available now.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® Paper Miniatures – Volumes #1-6 are available now. More are coming in the weeks ahead.
- 160+ Palladium titles, plus G.M. kits, and more.
- Much more to come in the weeks ahead.
NEW! Rifts® Paper Minis – $2.99 per set
And don’t miss out on Rifts® paper minis available for download. There are three sets:
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Men at Arms – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Coalition Dead Boys – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Adventurers – $2.99
- Many more coming. Available at DriveThruRPG.com.
Note: Robotech® and Palladium Fantasy® paper minis also available.
Palladium Collectibles Available in Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles Store
A wide range of art and collectibles have been selling over the last few weeks. Nice. I hope you enjoy your items, be they out of print books, signed titles, rare hardcovers, original artwork, toys or other goodies. Original art are one-of-a-kind items, so when they are gone (like the TMNT sketches and Rifts® illustrations), they are gone. Many other offerings are signed, limited editions or are items that have been sold out for some time.
I’ll continue to pull things out of my personal collection and Palladium archives. A bunch of toys have been added to my online store with more to come.
More collectibles, artwork and toys are added almost every week. Palladium collectibles, hardcovers, out-of-print titles, original artwork, and toys and items from my personal collection are on my ebay store. We add items on a regular basis and offer sales, so check it out from time to time. Includes one-of-a-kind original artwork, prints, Rifts® and Robotech® artwork by Kevin Long, me and others. There is also a range of limited editions, rare book titles and limited edition hardcovers, toys and more available with frequent new items added. Items include original art, out-of-print titles, redlined proofreader photocopies signed by me and the staff, signed manuscripts with editors’ corrections, some original art, hardcover books (including Rifts® Lemuria, Northern Gun™ One, Northern Gun™ Two, Megaverse® in Flames™, Beyond the Supernatural™ Gold, Rifts® Machinations of Doom™ Gold and Rifts® Ultimate Gold), hundreds of toys and action figures, all from my personal archives and collection. Take a look every weekend or two for new items added.
So much is coming your way for Rifts®, Robotech® and more...
We are working away on all kinds of things for Robotech®, Robotech® RPG Tactics, Rifts®, Fantasy and other game lines. Some will surprise and please you, but all kinds of good stuff is coming.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer, Game Designer
Robotech®: The Masters Saga™ Sourcebook – New, large format 8½ x 11 sourcebook – Ships July 29
Robotech®: The Masters Saga™ Sourcebook is being enlarged to the standard 8½ x 11 inch format and 160 pages. Artwork will be given the deluxe treatment – large, clear, and detailed to go along with the wealth of information about the Second Robotech War, the Army of the Southern Cross, its combat forces, mecha, weapons, and vehicles. The same comprehensive treatment is given to the invading Robotech Masters.
Forget the corny drama, the emphasis of this sourcebook is on the Second Robotech War and the equipment on both sides. Making the Masters Saga a big mecha and equipment book that you will want in your collection. Did you know the Army of the Southern Cross used power armor and Battloids in addition to their famous mecha? You’ll find out all about it in this comprehensive 160 page sourcebook. Much of it described and statted out in an “official” capacity for the very first time in this sourcebook. Note: Only the size, size of artwork and layout has changed. The text and data are the same as the manga-sized edition.
- 40+ weapons; pistols, rifles, grenade launchers.
- 15 O.C.C.s and MOS skill packages for the 8 main branches of the ASC and the 7 Special Forces Divisions operating under the Tactical Corps.
- 14 ASC vehicles of the Army of the Southern Cross (ASC).
- ASC Tactical battle shields, jet packs and other gear.
- ASC Veritech Mecha including the Ajax, Logan, Spartas Hover Tank, Myrmidon Light Hover Tank.
- 6 ASC power armor suits.
- 4 ASC Battloids.
- The Golem Autonomous Patrol Robot.
- The Robotech Masters and their legions.
- 6 different Bioroids, as well as the Bioroid Terminator, the Bioroid Invid Fighter, hover sled & more.
- Tirolians, spacecraft and other gear and info.
- Cover by Apollo Okamura. Interior art by the Mannings and others.
- Written by Jason Marker.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 552. At the printer. Ships July 29.
NEW! The Rifter® #74 – At the printer – Ships July 29
Rifts®, Splicers® and more awaits you in The Rifter® #74. And some material is official.
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory for players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and find new avenues of adventure. It provides useful, ready-to-go source material you can just drop into your ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. And the many new characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, villains, monsters, adventures and ideas for one setting can be easily adapted to any Palladium setting. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least 2-3 other Palladium game lines. And don’t forget, most of the material can be easily adapted for use in ANY Palladium game setting.
Rifter® #74 Highlights:
- Rifts® – The Town of Moorcroft™, by Julius Rosenstein – “official” source material. The Town of Moorcroft is not on most maps for a reason: most people don’t even know it exists, or that it rests on a Hidden Rift. Read about the town’s unique history, its Nexus Born, and key places and people. Makes a great location for player groups to rest, trade goods and find adventure.
- Splicers® – I am Legion, Part Three, by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – adventure plus “official” source material. The adventure continues as your heroes must deal with the new Machine personality known as Legion. In this adventure, the player group discovers a secret weapon facility of the Resistence. They will be introduced to a wide array of new Bio-Tech Weapons and Enhancements to prepare them for the ultimate showdown with Legion!
- Rifts® – A Town in the Pecos Empire™, by Brett Caron.
- Heroes Unlimited – The Ancient Weapon Master: Specialist, by Robert Daley Jr.
- Rifts® short story – Acceptance, by S.E. Gibbons.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- A Rifts® cover by Apollo Okamura.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 174. At the printer! Ships July 29.
NEW! The Rifter® #75 – In final production – Ships August
Rifts®, Splicers®, mutants and much more awaits you in The Rifter® #75.
- Rifts® – source material.
- Splicers® – I am Legion, Part Four, by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – adventure and “official” source material. The adventure continues as the heroes fight to thwart Legion’s plans and to rescue human prisoners. Many shocking reveals.
- After the Bomb® with more mutant animal mayhem.
- Maybe some Dead Reign® or Fantasy material and more.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- A dynamic Rifts® cover.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 175. In final production. Ships in August.
NEW! Rifts® Secrets of the Coalition States™ – Heroes of Humanity™ – Available now!
Rifts® CS Heroes of Humanity™ changes the landscape of Rifts North America and beyond, presents ways to upgrade and improve existing Men-At-Arms characters with Advanced Training, and includes new character classes, weapons, equipment, alliances and conflict to inspire epic new adventures.
Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™ outlines the battle for the soul of humanity. The Minion War™ has spilled onto Rifts Earth. At the epicenter of the invasion is North America. If either of the two rival demonic forces succeeds in conquering the continent, the rest of the world shall follow and Earth will be annexed to Hell. The demon hordes believe no one can stop them. The Coalition States has something to say about that.
For the first time in history, the Coalition States, Northern Gun, the Manistique Imperium, Lazlo, New Lazlo, Free Quebec, the Cyber-Knights, Lemurians, True Atlanteans, D-Bees, mages, mercs and many, many others stand together against a common enemy. Meanwhile, the Splugorth of Atlantis, Archie Three, the Republicans and the Vanguard engage in their own shadow war against the invading demon hordes, and each other.
- Heroes of Humanity™ lets unprecedented types of characters gather in mixed groups that would otherwise be ideologically opposed. Together they fight side-by-side for the greater good.
- New ways to upgrade your existing Men-at-Arms characters.
- Coalition Demon Hunter school and advanced training programs.
- New Coalition O.C.C.s like the Death Knight and Skelebot Specialist.
- Coalition military O.C.C.s expanded such as the CS Juicers, CS Combat Cyborgs, Psycho-Stalkers, Coalition psychics and more.
- New CS gear such as the Hellbuster and Falcon Death Wing.
- CS battle plans, world information and many adventure ideas.
- The strategies and tactics of the demons against humanity.
- The strategies and tactics of the Coalition States and its allies.
- Summary of Demon and Deevil vulnerabilities.
- One Xiticix battle plan and who really pays the price.
- Plenty of guidelines, tables and rules to help you run it all.
- Art by Charles “Chuck” Walton II, Amy L. Ashbaugh, Nick Bradshaw, Mark Dudley, Allen Manning, Brian Manning, Mike Mumah, Apollo Okamura, Tanya Ramsey, Benjamin Rodriguez, and Kevin Siembieda.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Carl Gleba, Matthew Clements and others.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 889. Available now!
NEW! Secrets of the Coalition States: Heroes of Humanity™ Arsenal Sourcebook – Summer
The name, CS Heroes of Humanity™ Arsenal says it all. New Coalition armor, power armor, robots, combat vehicles, and related material.
- New CS gear and weapons
- New CS SAMAS and power armor.
- New CS robots and combat vehicles.
- More ways to upgrade and improve your characters.
- More secrets and information about the Coalition States.
- Wild adventure opportunities, fun and more.
- Part of the Minion War™ “Crossover” series.
- Art by Charles “Chuck” Walton II, Amy L. Ashbaugh, Nick Bradshaw, Mark Dudley, Allen Manning, Brian Manning, Apollo Okamura, Benjamin Rodriguez, and others.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Carl Gleba, Matthew Clements and others.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 893. Summer release. In final production.
NEW! Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ – September
True Atlanteans are descendants from Earth’s past. The survivors of the sinking of Atlantis (really a dimensional mishap) and travelers of the Megaverse, wielders of Tattoo Magic and other lost mystic arts. Most people regard them as heroes, but are they? The Sunaj Assassins are mythic villains feared by all, yet they too are True Atlanteans who serve dark forces.
For the first time, much of the story behind True Atlanteans and their secrets are revealed.
- True Atlanteans revisited.
- Optional Atlantean character creation tables including clan heritage and other factors.
- Secrets of the stone pyramids, different types/purposes and powers.
- Many new magic tattoos, magic spells, weapons and armor.
- Atlantean hideouts and secret communities across the Megaverse.
- The Sunaj Assassins, their secrets, history and plans for the future.
- Atlantean Monster Hunter O.C.C., Atlantean Defender O.C.C. and much more. And this is just the tip of what this book contains.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Additional text and ideas by Kevin Siembieda.
- Final page count and price yet to be determined, but probably 160-192 pages – $20.95-$24.95 retail – Cat. No. 890. September release.
Rifts® Secrets of the Coalition States: The Disavowed™ – Fall
“Desperate times require desperate measures. War has nothing to do with morality or justice. It’s all about winning or dying. We cannot bind our hands with high ideals, even our own, or worry about the laws of renegade nations or the rights of alien people. We must fight fire with fire. And you are the match.” – Colonel Lyboc addressing a Disavowed team
The Disavowed are so Top Secret that their existence is known only to a handful of the Coalition States’ most elite, top echelon, with Joseph Prosek II the mastermind behind the Disavowed operation, and Colonel Lyboc its shadowy face. Find out who these men and women are. How the Disavowed get away with using magic, traveling to other parts of Rifts Earth and even to other dimensions in pursuit of enemies and strategic information that cannot be had through conventional means. Learn about the secret parameters in which these hard-boiled warriors, secretly hand-picked by Joseph Prosek II, operate, why almost every mission is considered a suicide mission, and why they must forever be the Disavowed.
- CS operatives so secret that even the top military and political leaders right up to Emperor Prosek know nothing about them. And if they did know, would they condone their activity or condemn it?
- Are the Disavowed heroes or renegades? Assassins or soldiers? Madmen or super-patriots? Or a little of them all?
- Unsung heroes who keep the CS safe, or thugs and pawns of a shadow agency within the Coalition government?
- What role does the Vanguard play in this group?
- How do they reward their D-Bee “teammates” when the mission is over?
- What happens to the Disavowed when they have seen or learned too much? Adventure ideas galore and so much more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- Final page count and price yet to be determined, but probably 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 892. October release (tentative).
NEW! Rifts® Haunted Tech™ – Fall
The Republicans decide to make their move while Archie Three is waging his own shadow war against the demonic invaders. The result unleashes a menace Archie has kept contained and locked away for 300 years. And he is not happy about it.
- Haunted Technology.
- New weapons and gear.
- More secrets and information about the Republicans.
- More insane adventure opportunities, strangeness and fun.
- The new rules, powers and abilities for Haunted Tech will blow your mind.
- Haunted Tech gives new meaning to “ghost in the machine.” But are they a godsend or a Pandora’s Box of new dangers?
- The Republicans reveal themselves and take action! Yes, that means Chaos Earth® NEMA O.C.C.s, robots and technology in Rifts® Earth.
- Archie Three takes action behind the scenes, in a big way.
- Part of the Minion War™ “Crossover” series.
- Art by Charles “Chuck” Walton II, Mark Dudley, Allen Manning, Brian Manning, Benjamin Rodriguez, and others.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda with help from Charles Walton II.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 894. Fall release.
Garden of the Gods™ – a Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook – Fall
This has been a secret project of Kevin Siembieda’s that he has been plotting and writing in what little spare time he has. The Garden of the Gods is said to be a holy place watched over and even frequented by the avatars of the gods. According to legend, the god may visit heroes and followers in dreams or in person by an avatar of the god, to be given guidance, inspiration, heroic quests, and gifts of knowledge and magic. More details about this title will follow.
- The Garden of the Gods described in detail.
- Godly insight and visitations.
- Gifts of magic and knowledge.
- Sanctuary and more.
- The Black Pit, a place of evil and dark secrets. Is it a counterbalance to the good of the Garden or a trick of the Old Ones?
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- Final page count and price yet to be determined, but probably 96 pages – $16.95 retail. Cat. No. 475. A Fall release.
NEW! Hell Followed™ – Ships in October
A Dead Reign® Zombie Apocalypse Sourcebook
At 160 pages, Hell Followed™ is the largest Dead Reign® sourcebook yet. Artist Nick Bradshaw is already fast at work on the art. Cover by E.M. Gist is finished.
Can you survive the Zombie Apocalypse? Find out by playing the Dead Reign® RPG series. This post-apocalypse setting is only picking up steam and is about much more than just killing the walking dead. And future sourcebooks are about to get scarier as they delve deeper into the survivor camps, Death Cults, the new world order, and human heroes and villains.
- 10 new types of zombies.
- New O.C.C.s and skills.
- Running zombie horde battles.
- Disasters and other dangers.
- US government’s response to the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Government enclaves and survivor camps.
- More world information, new dangers and new adventures.
- Cover by E.M. Gist.
- Interior art Nick Bradshaw.
- Written by Taylor White. The biggest Dead Reign® sourcebook yet.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 236. October 2016 release. In final production.
Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook: First Responders – Winter
The Great Cataclysm has devastated civilization, but humanity fights for survival. The struggles of civilian law enforcement, fire and rescue, and everyday men and women are some of the most epic tales to be told in a world gone to hell. They fight monsters, aliens, the paranormal, the elements, and each other, all with the hope of reclaiming their lives from the Chaos.
- New D-Bees and monsters from the Rifts.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- New “average citizen” Occupational Character Classes (O.C.C.s).
- New equipment for NEMA “Roscoes” and other emergency personnel.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- Source information and stats for common Golden Age technology (weapons, vehicles, medical tech, etc.).
- Apocalypse Plagues brought from other worlds to Chaos Earth.
- Adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Jason Richards. Additional text by Clements & Siembieda.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Winter release (tentative).
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave Two is coming ...
– but you can get started with the core box set and Wave One expansions right now
If you love Robotech®, you want to take a look at this game. Beautifully detailed game pieces of your favorite Robotech® mecha, and fast playing rules that capture the Robotech® experience in a new, exciting way. And this is just the beginning. We have so much more planned for the years ahead.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ "Starter Box" (Main Box Game) – Cat. No. 55100 – $99.95 retail price. This is the game Robotech® fans have wanted for decades. Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games, or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces. Get yours now, so you can build your armies and have them ready when Wave Two is released.
The First Six Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Expansion Packs are available to retail along with the main box game. Here are the SKUs and retail prices:
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing – Cat. No. 55201 – $36.95 retail.
- UEDF Tomahawk/Defender Destroids – Cat. No. 55202 – $32.95 retail.
- UEDF Spartan/Phalanx Destroids – Cat. No. 55203 – $32.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepods – Cat. No. 55401 – $36.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Artillery Battlepods – Cat. No. 55402 – $36.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Glaug Command – Cat. No. 55403 – $36.95 retail.
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Rulebook – Cat. No. 55105 – $20.00 retail. Note: This is the same rulebook that is included in the main game box, and is offered separately for those who want an extra copy, or want to check out the rules before buying the whole game.
BACK in STOCK: Wolfen Empire™ for Palladium Fantasy
The Wolfen Empire is growing. And that means trouble for humans, Dwarves, and other people as the Wolfen flex their military might and begin to study magic in earnest.
The Wolfen Empire™ sourcebook provides insight and history about the Wolfen, their past, present and goals for the future. The Wolfen are poised to become the next great civilization, but at what cost? Six fleshed out adventures plus a 101 adventure ideas table give players and Game Masters plenty of material for exploring the Great Northern Wilderness and encounters with the Wolfen.
- The 12 Wolfen Tribes, their history and legends.
- The Wolfen Empire, its economy and civilization.
- Wolfen Military, rank, position and plans.
- Geography of the Wolfen Empire.
- 13 notable creatures of the North.
- 101 Adventures Table and numerous other Random Encounter Tables.
- 6 fleshed out adventures across the Great Northern Wilderness.
- A few infamous towns, villains and notable people.
- Cover by Ramon K. Perez. Art by Perez, Johnson, Talbot, Williams and others.
- Written by Erick Wujcik, Kevin Siembieda & Bill Coffin.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 471. Back in stock July 6.
BACK in STOCK: Villains Unlimited™ for the Heroes Unlimited™ RPG series
It’s the reference book that never gets old – 80+ superhuman villains, a secret organization that supplies villains and criminals, another that hunts superhumans, plus rules and tables for creating your own super-organizations, Game Master playing tips, and more.
All of it provides Game Masters with bad guys and ideas for adventure, because each description presents the villain’s origin, motivation and goals. Just drop ‘em into your campaign and watch the super abilities fly. That’s why Villains Unlimited™ has been a fan favorite for years.
- 80+ villains completely stated out.
- A few villain teams and organizations and their evil agendas.
- S.C.R.E.T. stands for Superbeing Control Retrieval and Elimination Teams who are part of a multi-national organization to handle the “superhuman problem.” Are they hunting your heroes?
- Fabricators Inc. is an international arms dealer whose exclusive clientele is superhuman bad guys and the criminal underworld.
- Magic Tattoos, weapons, cyborgs, a crazed world conqueror, madmen and adventure ideas galore await.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Kevin Long. Art by Kevin Long.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 501. Back in stock July 6.
BACK in STOCK: Century Station™
City, Villain & Heroes Sourcebook for Heroes Unlimited™ RPG
Century Station™ is a compelling cityscape described and mapped. It is a great location to base a Heroes Unlimited™ campaign or a place to visit. The 51 superhuman villains, some of whom are members of villain teams, provide instant antagonists that can be dropped into any game at any time. Likewise, the 40 dynamic heroes can be used as NPCs (Non-Player Characters) or as pre-generated player characters, plus there are weapons, equipment and adventure ideas galore. All ready for you to incorporate into your campaign in an instant.
Each villain and hero provides Game Masters with ideas for adventure, because each description presents the villain’s or hero’s origin, motivation and goals. Century Station™ and Villains Unlimited™ are both excellent resources for gadgets, weapons and inspiration for creating your own heroes, villains and conflicts.
- 51 villains completely statted out.
- 40 heroes and lawmen to use as NPCs or pre-generated player characters.
- The District of Century Station, its history, purpose, problems, and notable locations mapped and described.
- Dozens of gadgets and weapons.
- Endless adventure.
- Cover by John Zeleznik. Interior art by Wilson and others.
- Written by Bill Coffin. Additional text by Siembieda.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 517. Back in stock July 6.
BACK in STOCK: After the Bomb® RPG
– Stand alone game and suitable for Heroes Unlimited™ RPG
Ever wonder what it would be like to play an intelligent, humanoid eagle? What about a sword wielding turtle or ninja rodent, or heroic wolfman, or a flying pig? In After the Bomb® you can turn a mouse into the size of a gorilla, or keep him small and sneaky, but with special animal powers, psychic abilities and human speech and intelligence. Or create that winged humanoid eagle who preys upon criminals. Or maybe that giant hamster, let alone mutant lion or tiger, is an animalistic brute who hunts other mutants (humans and animals!) and feasts upon them like a monstrous predator. The choices are yours.
After the Bomb® lets you mutate any animal you can think of, into a heroic crime-fighter set in our modern world or a mutant animal survivor of post-apocalyptic Earth — think Planet of the Apes on steroids. An environment where humans struggle to survive in a devastated (nuked?) world, and intelligent mutant animals appear to be the inheritors of the planet. Fun. Wild. Imaginative stories await.
The After the Bomb® RPG and its future world setting is one of the late, great, Erick Wujcik’s most fun and lasting creations. Play it as a stand-alone game or use AtB as a resource to create mutant animals that can be dropped into your Heroes Unlimited™ game, Aliens Unlimited™, Rifts®, Phase World®, Robotech® or just about any game setting. Play them as mutant animals or aliens from another world, heroes or villains, victims and fugitives, but get After the Bomb® because its mutant creations can fit many roles and are a blast to play in any setting.
- 100+ intelligent mutant animals already described, statted and ready for you to play.
- Mutant animal creation rules that lets you turn ANY animal into a mutant with human intelligence, a humanoid body (or not), and super animal powers and/or animal psionics.
- Mutant humans who sacrifice their humanity for super abilities.
- The blasted, post-apocalyptic setting and villains.
- Six post-apocalyptic After the Bomb® adventures.
- A complete role-playing game with core rules, skills, weapons and equipment, apocalyptic world setting and playing tips.
- Suitable for use with the Heroes Unlimited™ RPG and other RPG settings.
- Art by Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Jim Lawson, Ramon K. Perez, Freddie Williams II, Tyler Walpole and others.
- Cover by Scott Johnson.
- Written by Erick Wujcik.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 503. Back in print July 6.
Heroes Unlimited™ RPG – Reminder
Want to play superhumans and caped heroes, mutants and aliens, power armor clad champions and super soldiers? The Heroes Unlimited™ RPG lets you create them all and more.
The game is called Heroes Unlimited™ because it enables you to create every type of superhuman and comic book hero you can imagine. Bring your favorite comic book heroes to life or create an entirely hero of you own design. Then weave adventure adventures set in our modern world but one where superhumans, heroes and villains make our world even more exciting and dangerous. If you know and love comic books, you know what happens next.
A complete game, all you need to get started is this 352 page rule book, a few friends, dice and an imagination. With several sourcebooks back in stock, and comic book heroes the rage in film and TV, we thought we would remind people about just how awesome the Heroes Unlimited™ RPG really is. Order yours today.
- 101 super abilities. And many have a variety of sub-powers within them, plus bonuses and special combat capabilities.
- 100+ magic spells plus enchanted weapons and objects.
- Wizards and those enchanted and empowered by magic.
- 72 psychic powers.
- Mutants with super abilities and mutant animals.
- Mega-Heroes and immortals.
- Bionic and power armor creation rules.
- Robots and super-vehicle creation rules.
- Super-Soldiers and martial arts masters.
- Cover by comic book legend, Jim Steranko.
- Art by Ramon K. Perez, Paulo Parente, Mike Gustovich, Kevin Long and others.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 352 pages for a complete RPG – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 500.
Rifts® World Book 28: Arzno™
Looking for vampire slayers and anti-vampire TW devices? You need to visit Arzno. Arno is a mercenary city built on the edge of the Grand Canyon. It is a force for good, but threatened by the encroaching vampire menace from Mexico who have marked the mercs for destruction. Arzno™ has plenty of fun source material, Techno-Wizard power armor and weapons, a vampire invasion adventure scenario and other adventure ideas. Available from Palladium in book form and as a PDF from DriveThruRPG.com.
- The City and Territory of Arzno™ described and mapped. A good place for adventurers to trade goods and resupply.
- The Arzno Mercenary Corps, notable heroes and people of Arzno.
- 36 Techno-Wizard creations including TW weapons, power armor, vehicles and devices, most designed for combating vampires!
- The vampire legions of General Zavier Stuart, and the sinister Blood Cult.
- The ghost-filled forest known as the Waste and some of the monsters found there.
- The Great Trade Road and many other notable locations.
- Looking for adventure? Arzno brings it.
- Cover by John Zeleznik. Art by Walton, Dubish, Breaux and others.
- Written by Jason Richards. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 868. Now available in PDF form as well as the printed book!
Palladium PDF Books – download from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made more than 100 PDF products available for digital download from DriveThruRPG.com, as well as Fantasy Paper Miniatures, Game Master resources and other good things with more to come. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- Splicers® RPG
- Rifts® Chaos Earth® Resurrection, with all other Chaos Earth® titles to be added in the next week or two.
- Rifts® RPG, First Edition
- Rifts® Coalition Wars series, the Siege on Tolkeen (all).
- Rifts® Minion War Crossover series (all to date).
- Rifts® World Books 1-28 with all the rest coming soon.
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook and other Rifts® titles.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG and Boxed Nightmares™, 1st Edition rules.
- Dead Reign® RPG (all titles) – The Zombie Apocalypse.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-66 with more coming.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Palladium Weapon Book Series
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- FREE highly-detailed, comprehensive Robotech® RPG Tactics™ assembly instructions for all the Wave One mecha – available now.
- FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ color guides are available now.
- FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ paper game pieces, force organization tables, stat cards, rules and special items – coming soon!
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® Paper Miniatures – Volumes #1-6 are available now. More are coming.
- Game Master kits and other resources.
- 120+ Palladium titles and more, with many more books to come.
- Go to DriveThruRPG.com to see the full selection. But come back every month to see what new books have been added. We are planning to do a lot.
Upcoming Palladium Books® Convention Events
Palladium Books does not have to be an exhibitor at a convention or be counted among the guests to support that convention. We are happy to support events running Palladium games with prizes for best players, other swag, and donations to charity auctions. If you are a Game Master running Palladium gaming events, or a convention hosting them, PLEASE contact Palladium Books via the Help Desk or the Megaversal Ambassadors, or call the Palladium offices to get our support. Just give us plenty of advance notice so we can confirm the conventions and the Palladium gaming events, determine the swag and ship it out. Plus we are glad to promote conventions and gaming events right here in the Weekly Updates. Below are just some of the conventions hosting Palladium game events this year.
Gen Con Indy – Indianapolis, Indiana – August 4-7, 2016 – Palladium Books® – Booth 823
Gen Con is coming up fast and we hope Palladium Books will be a big part of your plans there. There are dozens of scheduled Palladium gaming events including Rifts® and Robotech® RPG Tactics™, a special convention discount coupon you will NOT want to miss in the Gen Con Coupon Book (especially fans of Rifts® and Robotech®), and a bunch of Palladium madmen will be on hand to chat and sign books.
- Meet and chat with Palladium creators, chat and get books signed.
- Enjoy scheduled Palladium gaming events.
- Participate in Robotech® RPG Tactics™ demos.
- Get new game releases (and old).
- Rifts®, Robotech®, Dead Reign®, Heroes Unlimited™, Palladium Fantasy®, Splicers®, BTS™, and many other titles. A large selection of RPG products.
- Original art for sale. Meet artist Charles Walton II.
- See special convention offer in the Gen Con Coupon Book!
- Learn more about Savage Rifts® and other games. Have a blast.
Palladium Creators at the 2016 Gen Con:
- Brandon Aten – writer (Rifts® Madhaven, Triax 2, Sovietski)
- Carmen Bellaire – writer and game designer
- Michael Leonard – artist and game master
- Mark Oberle – writer (Nightbane® Survival Guide, Rifter®)
- Kevin Siembieda – Palladium founder, writer, artist, game designer
- Wayne Smith – editor and Editor in Chief of The Rifter®
- Thomas Roache – Robotech® advisor and demo
- Jeff Ruiz (NMI) – Megaversal Ambassador
- Charles Walton II – artist, writer and Splicehead.
And maybe a couple others to be added.
GrandCon – Grand Rapids, Michigan – September 16, 17 & 18, 2016
Looking for a nice medium-sized convention of around 2,000 gamers? Then consider GrandCon in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It’s only about 2 hours and 15 minutes from Westland, and even closer for folks living in Livonia, Plymouth, Novi, and cities farther west. Ideal for any Michiganders and gamers living in Illinois, Indiana and maybe even Wisconsin and eastern Iowa.
I (Kevin Siembieda) am a guest along with Sean Patrick Fannon, co-author of Savage Rifts® for the Savage Worlds game system, and many other guests. Sean and I will be doing panels about Savage Rifts® and role-playing game design, world building and running gaming events (I’ll probably run Lord DeSilca/Fantasy and/or Beyond the Supernatural), and Palladium Books will have a few tables in the dealers’ room manned by Wayne Smith and Charles Walton II (with artwork for sale). All of us will be present to chat with gamers and sign books. I am thrilled to have a rapidly growing game convention like GrandCon in western Michigan, and they have even bigger plans for 2017. Michiganders, help support this convention. We need and deserve a large gaming convention in our state.
© Copyright 2016 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Powers Unlimited®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars®, Chaos Earth®, Dead Reign®, and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Savage Rifts®, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.