Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Feb. 5, 2015
By Kevin Siembieda
This week feels like it has been nonstop action. It started with the Superbowl Sunday snowstorm that dropped 16.7 inches of snow over most of lower Michigan. That led to the big dig out on Monday. The roads were so treacherous that I closed the office on Monday. I live a few miles away, so I came in to work for four hours or so, but even that short trip took a while and road travel was slow. The front of the office had snowdrifts right up to the front door that were three feet tall. Glad our snow removal service, Dynamic Lawn Service, was on the ball.
The rest of the week has flown by with my primary focus on getting books finished and to the printer and getting our AdeptiCon swag and promos in to them. The latter is mission accomplished. Still working on books. Bizantium, The Rifter® #69, Chaos Earth® Rise of Magic, Chaos Earth® Resurrection and Robotech® Marines are all being worked on, with other things, including new stuff on DriveThruRPG, also in motion.
UPDATE: The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive
The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive is going gangbusters! New subscribers and renewals are coming in at a good pace. It seems the unique and fun selection of FREE gift items are enticing a great many people into trying The Rifter®. That’s awesome because I think once you have, you will enjoy it. As I’ve mentioned, I think The Rifter® is an often overlooked gaming resource that has real value for players and G.M.s alike. The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive only happens once a year, and in addition to saving $16.00 off the retail price, you can get some cool free gifts, so take a look at it. Please keep the orders coming and enjoy.
Click here to see the full description for your subscription options and choice of free gift in the Palladium Online Store.
UPDATE: Bizantium and the Northern Islands™ – End of February release
I have been putting the majority of my time and effort into getting this book finished. I’m going much slower than I’d like, but this is a damn good book. The background, history, locations, O.C.C.s, monsters and just about everything has adventure hooks built into them. Good stuff. Artist Charles Walton saw a bunch of the material I was working on and was quite impressed with what he read. In fact, it got us talking about future material we’d like to see for Palladium Fantasy. Artist Ben Rodriguez has a lot of great ideas too. Wish I could incorporate them all into this book, but we need to wrap it up and get it to the darn printer!
UPDATE: The Rifter® – February Release
Wayne Smith is finishing up his selection of material for The Rifter® #69. And the rest of the art will be assigned over the weekend. I’m afraid this is another issue that has gotten pushed back as we focus on a bunch of other books and matters demanding our attention. Gaaahhh! But it is another great issue, and we’re already working on The Rifter® #70 as well.
UPDATE: Chaos Earth® Resurrection™ sourcebook – Spring release
I met with Chuck Walton on Wednesday to approve the tight pencils for Chaos Earth® Resurrection. Wow, does it look great. Glitter Boys getting swarmed in combat. I’ll see if I can get Wayne to post the pencil sketch in this Update. Chuck and I also discussed artwork for this title and a few other things. Man oh man, do we have great ideas for books. If only we all had more time in a day.
UPDATE: Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines™ Sourcebook
I have not had a chance to do anything new on this title yet, but I need to start assigning artwork for it next week. I want this book out in March. April at the latest.
UPDATE: Rifts® Book of Magic™ – Available now
The Rifts® Book of Magic™ has been selling well since coming back in stock last week. Of course, it is an outstanding resource for players and Game Masters alike with 850+ spells, 370+ magic items and MORE. Rifts® Book of Magic™ is a must if you are going to be playing characters from Chaos Earth® Rise of Magic™ (coming back in print this month), and magic spells will be of great use if you are playing the Minion War™ series. Rifts® magic is easily adapted to Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™ and other settings. Heck, a couple dozen Ocean Magic spells have made it into the Bizantium book.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
Palladium continues to work on a number of things to support and promote Robotech® RPG Tactics™, including an ongoing FAQ to be posted online, color and paint guides, “step by step” detailed instructions for building the game pieces, and many other useful tools and information for your gaming enjoyment. We have also been doing a bunch of stuff to make the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ premiere appearance at AdeptiCon an outstanding one.
FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics Paint Guide Resource now available on DriveThruRPG.com. This is a pair of PDFs of Robotech® mecha presented as black and white line art as well as in various color schemes. They are a) for your reference, and b) for you to use to create your own color schemes on the computer before you paint.
Australia & Europe Shipping Updates. The container with the rewards for Australian backers is finally getting loaded onto the ship and setting sail this weekend! Meanwhile, the ship carrying European backers’ rewards has passed through the Panama Canal and is currently chugging its way through the Caribbean. Oddly enough, the ship heading for Europe will dock in Savannah, Georgia on Sunday, and the ship heading for Australia will dock in Savannah in Monday. The two could actually be in port at the same time, as they pass each other on their respective routes.
UPDATE: AdeptiCon – March 19-22, 2015, Chicago – www.adepticon.org
Preparations continue for AdeptiCon. We bagged up 1,000 Valkyrie sprues (two battloids) with the color advertisement card that goes with it for the AdeptiCon swag bags. The package looks fantastic. I also selected some hardcover gold editions to donate for the Charity Auction and wrote the descriptions for all of it. The color 10% discount coupon is also printed and waiting to go out to the AdeptiCon people. Getting very excited about this event. http://www.adepticon.org
Wayne whipped up a banner for Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and an animated Palladium Books logo for the AdeptiCon website – the latter is compliments of the incredible Apollo Okamura who has dabbled with, and taught classes on, animation. Nice. We’ll be adding it to the Palladium website (along with other changes) in the future. Right now, the animated logo can be seen in the Complete List of AdeptiCon Sponsors.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Tournament at AdeptiCon – www.adepticon.org
We’ve been told that the more of you who register for this event, the bigger it will become, so please join the fun. AdeptiCon will offer an official Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Tournament. It is Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Battle for Macross City™. Here are the highlights:
- This tournament will be 300 points and have several games with fantastic scenarios.
- Each table shall be a beautiful custom creation, for a unique gaming experience.
- Five different awards will ensure that no matter what aspect of the hobby you are most interested in, there is an award that will be for you.
- This tourney is for all levels of players, from first time tournament and convention attendants to the seasoned gamer.
- If you find yourself in the Chicagoland area, we would love for you to sign up, stop by and say hello and meet a group of people who have the same interests as you. Even if you are unlikely to play, we would be happy to meet everyone. Come join the fun, fast-paced game of Robotech® RPG Tactics™. Slots are limited!
UPDATE: DriveThruRPG.com – FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ color guides and more
Wayne has added some Robotech® RPG Tactics™ supplemental material including four game cards and the mecha painting/color design templates.
The FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics Paint Guide Resource. The color guide in the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rule book contains several classic paint schemes from the Robotech® universe, providing different visual options for every unit in the game. Ah, but what about those of you who want to create your own paint schemes? Use these PDFs as work sheets to create your paint schemes and unique designs on the computer before you go to paint the actual game pieces.
Each of the PDFs provided contains the templates created by artist Jeffrey Burke for the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rule book. They are in a digital format so that you can colorize and alter them using Photoshop, Paint, or almost any other graphics program to work out and test your original squadron designs. For your convenience, we included the color art as well as black and white “blank” versions of each unit for those of you who want to start from the ground up.
Test out your paint schemes, see how units look next to each other, and get a feel for how your army will look before you break out the paintbrushes. Enjoy.
Much, much more is coming in the weeks ahead. We plan to add a bunch of new material to DriveThruRPG.com over the next several weeks, so keep an eye on it. DriveThruRPG.com already offers 90+ Palladium Books titles available as PDFs with more to be made available soon. They currently include the Coalition Wars®/Siege on Tolkeen™ series, Splicers® RPG, The Rifter® issues #1-58 (with more being added soon), and first edition rules of the Rifts® RPG, Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, Heroes Unlimited™ RPG, The Palladium Fantasy RPG®, and related 1st edition sourcebooks for each. And more! Like what? Like Fantasy Paper Miniatures and Game Master Kits for digital download. They are available only as PDF files and were designed special to help you run your games and build campaigns. There are also sneak previews of books and other good stuff. Check it out! And let other gamers know they are available too. We’ll be making more available on DriveThruRPG.com in the weeks and months to come. So take a look on a regular basis.
UPDATE: 2015 Palladium Open House (POH) – May 15-17, 2015 – at the Palladium warehouse in Westland, Michigan
The VIP Thursday tickets went on sale Sunday, February 1, and have been selling fast. I think only about a dozen of the 40 slots that had been held back remain available on a first come, first served basis. Note that even after we sell out, you can put your name on a waiting list in case there are cancellations.
Please “reserve” your hotel rooms NOW. It helps Palladium immensely. Likewise, please order your admissions sooner than later so we know how many gaming events to schedule.
● Approximately 30 Palladium Creators have confirmed they will be at the Open House.
● TIME SENSITIVE: Reserve your rooms soon for the 2015 Open House Hotel! Your credit card will NOT be charged until May, so there is no reason not to play it safe and reserve your room. Note: Hotels within a 20 mile area WILL BE BOOKED due to a sporting event the same weekend. You need to RESERVE YOUR ROOM TODAY or the next available hotel may be 20+ miles away. Seriously!
40455 Ann Arbor Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
Group Code: Palladium Books – you MUST request the Group Code “Palladium Books” at the time of booking to ensure the correct rate will be quoted and billed to you.
Dates of the 2015 Palladium Open House (POH): May 15-17 (May 14 is VIP Thursday), 2015. $109.00 (plus tax) per night for two queen beds or one king with a sofa that has a pull-out sleeper. ALL rooms have a microwave & fridge and FREE high-speed wired/wireless Internet. The hotel also offers a FREE hot breakfast from 6 A.M. to 10 A.M. near the lobby, heated indoor swimming pool, a fitness center (24 hours), and a coin operated laundry. If you know you are coming to the 2015 Palladium Open House, we recommend you reserve your room today. Important Note: You MUST give them the Group Code: Palladium Books to get this rate. Call 734-455-8100 to make your reservation. The hotel does NOT charge your credit card until a few days before the event and you can cancel up to May 10, 2015. So there is no reason to wait.
For more info and to purchase tickets to the Palladium Open House, click here.
Gen Con Indy – July 30 to August 2, 2015
The important thing right now is we NEED Game Masters who plan to run Palladium events to contact Palladium Books and/or Gen Con game coordinator NMI with information about your games. We need your game info as soon as possible to get your games registered and in the Gen Con program book and online pre-reg. Getting the games listed in the Gen Con Games Pre-Registration is vital to get the outstanding showing we saw at last year’s Gen Con. PLEASE get us ALL game information by mid-February to make it into the online pre-reg.
So much to do . . .
I’ve been coordinating a number of projects and taking care of various business matters, but most of my attention this week has been on getting Bizantium finished and to the printer. Will continue to do so. In fact, I was going over the Random Sea Serpent Creation Tables when I had to stop to write this Update. I’ll be jumping right back into them as soon as I’m done. Sheesh, there is just so much to do on so many fronts, and everything seems to take too much time. Been so busy, I’ve only posted one Murmur from the Megaverse® this week so far, but more are coming. Stay positive and game on.
– Kevin Siembieda, Game Designer, Writer, Publisher
Rifts® Book of Magic – Back in Print – Available now
Rifts® Book of Magic is 352 pages of nothing but magic – 850+ spells, 370+ magic items, including Rune Weapons, Techno-Wizard items, Bio-Wizard Splugorth creations, and Iron Juggernauts, and more. That’s cover to cover spells and magic items and a few related odds and ends like Atlantean Tattoos and the Nazca Lines. Everything collected from the first 23 World Books, Sourcebooks 1-4, and Siege on Tolkeen 1-6 into one giant reference of magical goodness.
- More than 850 magic spells!
- Elemental Magic, Spoiling Magic, Conjuring & others.
- Magic Tattoos, Stone Magic, Temporal Magic and Living Fire Magic.
- Cloud Magic, Whale Songs, Ocean Magic and more.
- Biomancy, Bio-Wizardry, Necromancy and other dark forms of magic.
- Over 100 different Techno-Wizard weapons.
- Techno-Wizard vehicles and TW vehicle conversion tables.
- Techno-Wizard devices, Rune Weapons, amulets, fetishes, enchanted herbs, Millennium Tree gifts & other magic items.
- Optional rules & clarification on magic and more. Note: It is a vital reference for Rifts® Chaos Earth™, Rifts® Federation of Magic, the Rifts® China books and all Rifts® titles. Furthermore, spells and most magic items are easy to adapt to world settings like Palladium Fantasy® and Heroes Unlimited™. Don’t get caught without it.
- $26.95 – 352 pages – Cat. No. 848 – available now.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive – Low Price – Free Gift
It only happens once a year – for a limited time – The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive. We want people to discover The Rifter® as a valuable resource, so we are offering the biggest selection of FREE gifts ever as an enticement. Gamers already familiar with The Rifter® always jump at this offer. That’s because, even when late, The Rifter® has been so consistently good, it is hard to say no to the Super-Subscription Drive.
The free gift is always a nice incentive, and this year the selection is truly unique and fun. I have dug through the Palladium archives to make a number of out of print titles and “special” items available. For us, gaming is all about friends and fun, so enjoy and have fun. Note: The early issues of The Rifter® are limited and available only while supplies last. Please keep the orders coming and enjoy.
Here are four reasons (and 7 gift choices) why this is the perfect time to try The Rifter® or renew your subscription:
1. Save $16 off retail and each issue is delivered right to your door.
2. FREE gift worth $17.90 to $35.85 when you order now! 7 gift choices.
3. Order during the Super-Subscription Drive to lock in your low, low subscription price for the next year.
4. The Rifter® has been outstanding and is the place to find regular source material for Beyond the Supernatural™, Palladium Fantasy®, Splicers®, and Heroes Unlimited™ and other settings. And future issues will have more playing and G.M. tips.
If you haven’t taken a look at The Rifter® lately (if ever), I suggest you try an issue. The Rifter® is an excellent source of ideas, characters, monsters, villains, powers, magic and adventures for your own game. Even articles designed for settings you don’t play are likely to offer ideas and material you can easily modify and incorporate into your campaign. In fact, drawing on concepts from outside the usual setting can spice up your game and keep players guessing. The Rifter® is a great tool for that. That’s the beauty of the Palladium Megaversal Game System; you can often take characters, gear and ideas from one world setting and drop them into ANY of the other settings with no or little work. Other times, the amount of modification is minimal to make it work in a different setting. That means a monster from Palladium Fantasy® can be easily used as a monster, mutant or alien in Heroes Unlimited™, After the Bomb®, Robotech®, Rifts®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, Chaos Earth® or Splicers®, and vice versa. What needs to be adjusted? Perhaps just changing Hit Points/S.D.C. and damage to Mega-Damage, or M.D.C. and M.D. to Hit Points/S.D.C., or some other minor tweak.
Characters from Heroes Unlimited™ and After the Bomb® can be from the future, or the past (depending on the setting), or they can be mutants, or aliens, or beings from another or parallel world. As I am so wont to say, you are limited only by your imagination. The same holds true for towns, cities and adventures – use that place and the adventure ideas tailored to a different setting. Sure you may have to swap out monsters and treasure, or adjust motives, but you might be surprised how easy, fun and different that adventure plays out in a different world environment. And The Rifter® is the ultimate source for alternative, new and different ideas, adventures, characters, and story ideas. All of which can be tweaked to fit most settings, as can optional rules. The Rifter® is a factory for alternative ideas.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription Offer is your chance to try The Rifter® at a discount price and get a FREE gift. Offer ENDS February 28, 2015.
Click here to see the full description for your subscription options and choice of free gift in the Palladium Online Store.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ – Available now in the USA and Canada – coming to other parts of the world soon
You need to check out this exciting new game. Beautiful, detailed game pieces of your favorite Robotech® mecha, and fast playing rules that capture the Robotech® experience. And this is just the beginning. We have so much more planned. Available in game stores across the USA and Canada.
● Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Boxed Set (Main Box Game) – Cat. No. 55100 – $99.95 retail price. This is the game Robotech® fans have wanted for decades. Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games, or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces.
The First Six Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Expansion Packs are available to retail along with the main box game. Here are the SKUs and retail prices.
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing – Cat. No. 55201 – $36.95 retail.
- UEDF Tomahawk/Defender Destroids – Cat. No. 55202 – $32.95 retail.
- UEDF Spartan/Phalanx Destroids – Cat. No. 55203 – $32.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepods – Cat. No. 55401 – $36.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Artillery Battlepods – Cat. No. 55402 – $36.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Glaug Command – Cat. No. 55403 – $36.95 retail.
● Battle Foam Robotech® RPG Tactics™ bag/carrying case – Cat. No. 55107 – $120.00 retail (limited supply). Note: We only have about 50 Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Battle Foam bags available. Once they are sold out it will be months before we manufacture more, if ever.
● Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Rulebook – Cat. No. 55105 – $20.00 retail. Note: This is the same rulebook that is included in the main game box, and is offered separately for those who want an extra copy, or want to check out the rules before buying the whole game.
NEW! The Rifter® #69 – February
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory for players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and find new avenues of adventure. It provides useful, ready to go source material you can just drop into your ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. And the many new characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, villains, monsters, adventures and ideas for one setting can be easily adapted to any Palladium setting. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least 2-3 other Palladium game lines. And don’t forget, most of the material can be easily adapted for use in ANY Palladium game setting.
With 2015 being the 25th Anniversary of Rifts®, every issue of The Rifter® will feature a Rifts® inspired cover and contain at least one Rifts® article.
The Rifter® #69 – Winter, 2015:
- Rifts® source material.
- After the Bomb® source material.
- Optional source material for other settings yet to be announced.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- Rifts® cover by “Madman” Mike Leonard.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 169. Winter issue.
Rise of Magic™ – Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook – February
The reason this book kept getting pushed back is that it is not a simple reprint. We had many corrections to make and the entire book has to be re-typeset and laid out like a new book. Art had to be found and scanned. Well, we will have it to the printer soon and in your hands by the end of January or early February.
The return of magic has empowered humans with strange and wondrous powers unlike anything quite yet seen (and different from most conventional types of magic). This only complicates things for Earth’s defenders as the line of distinction between “good guys” and “bad guys” begins to blur.
- Chaos Magic, new magic specific to the Chaos Earth® setting.
- More than 100 unique Chaos Magic spells.
- New magic O.C.C.s like the Blue Zone Wizard and Chaos Wizard.
- New evil magic users like the Chaos Witch and Demon Caller.
- More on NEMA and the Demon Plagues.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 64 pages – $12.95 – Cat. No. 662. Ships February, 2015.
NEW! Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook: Bizantium and the Northern Islands™ – Ships February
Bizantium and the Northern Islands™ will not be ready to ship until February. The writing has been a little rougher than I expected, but really I have been pulled away to handle a great many other things. I continue to clear my plate and expect to give it the majority of my attention over the next two weeks. All the artwork is in, and looks fantastic.
Journey to the Island Kingdom of Bizantium, situated at the far northern peak of the Palladium World. Its vast fleets of merchant vessels and warships travel the high seas and bring untold wealth back to the kingdom, as well as exotic goods, people, customs, weapons and foreign magic. As foreign powers exert their influence on the throne, treachery and potential power grabs lurk in the shadows.
- New Waterchanter O.C.C. and 20+ magic spells new to the Fantasy setting.
- New Sea Serpents and the warrior sailors who hunt them.
- Sea Serpent generation table to create your own sea monsters.
- New animals of the North Sea and Sea of Despair.
- Sea Serpent ships! Dead serpents turned into deadly, massive attack ships (as depicted on the cover). And the forgotten race who creates these ships and threatens sailors in the Northern seas.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Chaser and Bizantium Marine.
- New weapons and equipment for sailors, mariners, soldiers and adventurers at large.
- New Bizantium ships including the Bireme, Ice Breaker and Battleship.
- Full time-line of the history of Bizantium.
- Bizantian society, culture, religion and magic.
- The Eoten of the Northern Islands, their mythology and influence.
- The Northern Islands described in full, cities and geography, as well as threats to sailors in the North Sea and Sea of Despair.
- Bizantium’s many shipyards, possibly the kingdom’s greatest asset.
- Key figures of Bizantium and political intrigue.
- The Noble Houses, Warlocks and foreign powers all trying to capture the throne of Bizantium for themselves!
- Written by Glen Evans. Additional text by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by Chuck Walton and Eduardo Dominguez S.
- Interior art by Chuck Walton, Kevin Siembieda, Tanya Ramsey, Jeff Burke and others.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 474 – February release.
Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines Sourcebook One
Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines sourcebook is set in space with the UEEF (United Earth Expeditionary Force) led by Admiral Rick Hunter. This valiant force of mecha-clad heroes travel across the galaxy liberating planets from the bondage of the Invid Regent, the Robotech Masters and other tyrants and monsters.
- New mecha and weapons of the UEEF Marines.
- New UEEF Marine character classes and background.
- Alien species and allies.
- Planet hopping, adventure and much more.
- Epic battles and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 553. March (tentative).
Rifts® Sourcebook – The Coalition States: Heroes of Humanity
The events unfolding in World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames threaten to change the entire landscape of Rifts® Earth, as the demonic minions of Hades and Dyval seek to bring Hell on Earth and turn the planet into a dimensional gateway to Armageddon!
The Coalition States, along with Northern Gun and Lazlo, take the lead in the defense of North America. Heroes of Humanity explores the good and bad in the Coalition’s efforts to save humanity and send this new threat back to the pits of Hell.
- New Coalition weapons, armor and war machines.
- The Coalition States: Are they heroes or villains? Or does it depend on whether you are human or not?
- Can the CS fight alongside mages and D-Bees if it means saving the world?
- How is the CS dealing with the Minion War on Earth?
- One plan to battle the Xiticix and who really pays the price.
- Adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements and other contributors.
- Final page count and cost yet to be determined but probably 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 889.
Rifts® Secrets of the Coalition States: The Disavowed
“Desperate times require desperate measures. War has nothing to do with morality or justice. It’s all about winning or dying. We cannot bind our hands with high ideals, even our own, or worry about the laws of renegade nations or the rights of alien people. We must fight fire with fire. And you are the match.” – Colonel Lyboc addressing a Disavowed team
The Disavowed are so Top Secret that their existence is known only to a handful of the Coalition States’ most elite, top echelon, with Joseph Prosek II the mastermind behind the Disavowed operation, and Colonel Lyboc its shadowy face. Find out who these men and women are. How the Disavowed get away with using magic, traveling to other parts of Rifts Earth and even to other dimensions in pursuit of enemies and strategic information that cannot be had through conventional means. Learn about the secret parameters in which these hard-boiled warriors, secretly hand-picked by Joseph Prosek II, operate, why almost every mission is considered a suicide mission, and why they must forever be the Disavowed.
- CS operatives so secret that even the top military and political leaders right up to Emperor Prosek know nothing about them. And if they did know, would they condone their activity or condemn it?
- Are the Disavowed heroes or renegades? Assassins or soldiers? Madmen or super-patriots? Or a little of them all?
- Unsung heroes who keep the CS safe, or thugs and pawns of a shadow agency within the Coalition government?
- What role does the Vanguard play in this group?
- How do they reward their D-Bee “teammates” when the mission is over?
- What happens to the Disavowed when they have seen or learned too much? Adventure ideas galore and so much more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- Final page count and cost yet to be determined, but probably 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 892.
Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans
True Atlanteans are descendants from Earth’s past. The survivors of the sinking of Atlantis (really a dimensional mishap) and travelers of the Megaverse, wielders of Tattoo Magic and other lost mystic arts. Most people regard them as heroes, but are they? The Sunaj Assassins are mythic villains feared by all, yet they too are True Atlanteans who serve dark forces.
For the first time, much of the story behind True Atlanteans and their secrets are revealed.
- True Atlanteans revisited.
- Optional Atlantean character creation tables including clan heritage and other factors.
- Secrets of the stone pyramids, different types/purposes and powers.
- Many new magic tattoos, magic spells, weapons and armor.
- Atlantean hideouts and secret communities across the Megaverse.
- The Sunaj Assassins, their secrets, history and plans for the future.
- Atlantean Monster Hunter O.C.C., Atlantean Defender O.C.C. and much more. And this is just the tip of what this book contains.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Additional text and ideas by Kevin Siembieda.
- Final page count and cost yet to be determined, but probably 160-192 pages – $20.95-24.95 retail – Cat. No. 890.
Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook: First Responders
The Great Cataclysm has devastated civilization, but humanity fights for survival. The struggles of civilian law enforcement, fire and rescue, and everyday men and women are some of the most epic tales to be told in a world gone to hell. They fight monsters, aliens, the paranormal, the elements, and each other, all with the hope of reclaiming their lives from the Chaos.
- New D-Bees and monsters from the Rifts.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- New “average citizen” Occupational Character Classes (O.C.C.s).
- New equipment for NEMA “Roscoes” and other emergency personnel.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- Source information and stats for common Golden Age technology (weapons, vehicles, medical tech, etc.).
- Apocalypse Plagues brought from other worlds to Chaos Earth.
- Adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Jason Richards. Additional text by Clements & Siembieda.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Winter/Spring, 2015.
Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook: Resurrection
In the shattered depths of Wisconsin, survivors are besieged by the dead come back to life. Zombies. But not just any type of zombie, zombies done Rifts-style. And unless the source of the zombie plague can be found and neutralized by NEMA defenders, North America may be overrun by the dead.
This was actually something Taylor White and I have been kicking around for years, even before we released the Dead Reign® RPG line. We think you’ll love it.
- Something has animated the dead in Wisconsin. It is up to NEMA heroes to find the cause and stop it before it spreads beyond control.
- Scrap Zombies of all types.
- Snatcher Ghouls, Carrion Cleaners, Screaming Puppet Ghosts, Sour Maggot Parasites, and other monsters.
- The Zombie Pox and other dangers.
- Setting background, adventure and adventure idea table.
- Written by Taylor White.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 666. Winter/Spring 2015 (tentative).
Books slated for the next 5-6 months of 2015
- Rifts® Book of Magic – Back in print and available now!
- The Rifter® #69 – Winter – ships February – in production right now.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth®: Rise of Magic™ Sourcebook – Back in print, ships February.
- Bizantium & the Northern Islands™ – ships February – in final production right now.
- Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines™ Sourcebook
- Chaos Earth® Resurrection (the dead rise, zombies attack)
- Chaos Earth® First Responders (more than you may imagine)
- Dead Reign® Sourcebook: Hell Followed™ (a large, juicy sourcebook)
- The Rifter® #70 – Spring
Other titles for 2015 and beyond
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Advanced Rule Book
- Splicers® sourcebooks – several
- Beyond the Supernatural™ – Tomes Grotesque™ Volume One
- Beyond the Supernatural™ – Beyond Arcanum™
- Palladium Fantasy® Land of the Damned 3: The Citadel (probably 2016)
- Palladium Fantasy® Land of the South Winds
- Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebooks
- Dead Reign® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™
- Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™
- Rifts® The Disavowed™
- Rifts® Antarctica
- Rifts® Sovietski
- Rifts® New Navy™
- Rifts® Delta Blues™
- Rifts® Dark Woods™
- Rifts® Voodoo
- Plus Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave One and Wave Two releases worldwide. And there are still some secret projects and licenses yet to be revealed.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 100 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com, as well as Fantasy Paper Miniatures, Game Master resources and other good things with more to come. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- The Rifter® #49-58 recently added – available now.
- Splicers® RPG.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-58.
- The Best of The Rifter®.
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
© Copyright 2015 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Powers Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars®, Dead Reign®, Chaos Earth®, and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.