Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Nov. 22, 2013
By Kevin Siembieda
This was another week that was so crazy busy it flew by in the blink of an eye. Everything is moving forward and in the process of getting done, and all of us are working like lunatics at warp speed. Here are some of the details.
A bit of chaos and darkness
The week ended and started with storms and intermittent loss of electrical power and lights. We lost the Internet connection at the office over the weekend and it remained out until Wednesday afternoon. We've been playing catch up ever since. We thought we had escaped long-term power loss until we were plunged into darkness, again, on Tuesday about 6:00 PM. Chuck Walton, Ben Rodriguez and most of the staff were chatting, laughing and signing 500+ books for the Northern Gun™ One crowdfunding packages as well as books and prints for Christmas Surprise Packages when the lights flickered and 15 seconds later, went dark completely. It’s dark at 5:30 PM these days, so when the lights went out it turned the warehouse into a black abyss. It was like being in a big cave. Fortunately, cell phones and nearby flashlights enabled us to collect up our gear and head out.
Perhaps needless to say, the on and off lights created a certain amount of chaos and put us behind where we wanted to be. Still, we got Fear the Reaper™ to the printer before the storm knocked out our power and Internet, and we managed to get The Rifter® #64 to the printer anyway – mainly thanks to getting power intermittently and working through the weekend. Wayne sent the final digital files to the printer via his cell phone. The traffic light near the office was out for days, which made even coming and going to the office a challenge, as cars would line up for a block or two as travelers negotiated the four-way stop. I actually started to go around and come in a different way, because going a half mile around was faster than the 20-40 minute wait at the stop-sign intersection. It all made for a pretty wild and intense week. Despite losing the Internet for almost a week and on-and-off electrical power, we fared much better than many people in Michigan and Illinois. We were spared tornadoes and we had power most of the time when 300,000+ other people did not. Wayne and his family lost one of their favorite trees which got uprooted, but they lucked out, too. Though the tree fell on the house, it was very close to begin with, so it slowly leaned against the house but did not actually ‘fall’ on it hard, and it did no serious damage to their home. Kathy Simmons and I lost several small, and a few large, branches from several trees, but also escaped serious damage – just one seven inch long tear through the tin roof off the patio, easily repaired by a friend.
By Wednesday, after four days without it, I was having Internet withdrawal big time, and saying how badly I needed my Internet connection when it finally popped back on. Funny timing. The rest of the week has been playing catch up with emails and online business. Of course, there were plenty of things to do without the Internet, which made for another week of long hours. Funny how we take for granted electricity and now the Internet. I would hate to live without them.
2014 Gen Con® Indy – We need Game Masters to run Palladium games – and we need you to send in your game submissions to Gen Con by January 15, 2014!!
Yes, I’m talking Gen Con 2014. We want to make a HUGE Palladium push at Gen Con in 2014, and we sincerely need your help to make it happen. Game Masters, PLEASE submit your Palladium games for Gen Con 2014 by their January 15, 2014 deadline! If Game Masters act fast to submit their games in time for this FIRST deadline, they are guaranteed to be listed in the Gen Con program book.
Palladium is planning to make the 2014 Gen Con® Indy its biggest and best in decades. Our booth will be twice the size it was this year, and we’ll have the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game and expansion packs, as well as many new RPG products.
If we can get enough gaming events in place by January 15, 2014, Palladium can get a dedicated gaming area for ALL of our events – or even a specified game room. That will mean a place where Palladium G.M.s and fans can game around the clock, 24/7. With this being the 30th Anniversary of Heroes Unlimited™ and a big release year for Robotech® RPG Tactics™, we want to shout to the world that Palladium Books is back with a vengeance. Please help. Thank you.
UPDATE: Fear the Reaper™ – ships November 26
I approved the digital proofs of Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 4: Fear the Reaper™ on Tuesday and the book looks great. We are told it should arrive at the Palladium warehouse November 26. We’ll ship it out to those of you who pre-ordered, that same day!
Fear the Reaper™ is an excellent resource and one heck of a read. The kind of book that makes you want to jump up and role-play a Dead Reign™ adventure. Not only that, Alex and others who have read the book have said it’s actually quite uplifting. Something you might not expect from a game based on the Zombie Apocalypse.
If you haven’t tried the Dead Reign™ RPG, you really should. I don’t think you will be disappointed. (Btw, the Christmas Surprise Package might be a good way to get a copy.) The Dead Reign™ RPG setting is the Zombie Apocalypse. And it’s not just about gunning down the walking dead, its about survival and keeping some shred of your own humanity. This game is a ton of fun, and one of my personal favorites to run (with Palladium Fantasy® being my number one favorite RPG of all time). Action, horror, adventure, and camaraderie amongst the players are always phenomenal, at least in my experience. I run Dead Reign™ at conventions and gaming events all the time. And if you love zombie-based TV shows, movies, comic books and novels, you will adore this RPG. I highly recommend giving it a try.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #64 – Ships no later than December 3
The Rifter® #64 is at the printer and I have already approved the digital proof. It should ship either just before or just after Thanksgiving (November 26 or December 3).
The Rifter® #64 is pretty incredible. It is my favorite issue of the year, and they have all been darn good. It contains both official and unofficial game material, all of it is outstanding, and there is a wide selection of material: Rifts®, Dead Reign™, Nightbane®, Beyond the Supernatural™, Heroes Unlimited™ and Palladium Fantasy®, as well as other fun stuff. The official material includes stats and background for the characters on the cover: A new type of dragon known as the Winterserpent plus the more savage cousins of the Bearmen of the North, Ice Bearmen. Both conceived by Chuck Walton, developed by me (Kevin Siembieda) and written by Matthew Clements. See the whole description for The Rifter® #64 elsewhere in this Update. Btw, you do know that each issue of The Rifter® is a standalone product? You do not need to buy every issue or even a few issues in a row to enjoy the material. This one is worth picking up. And sorry for the long delay in its release. (This is the October issue, after all.)
UPDATE: Rifts® Northern Gun™ One Hardcovers ship next week
The storm, power outage and lack of Internet put us behind, but we did take care of most of the prep work. All books that need to be signed are signed, boxes and mailing tubes built and ready to go, and prints signed. That means the hardcover editions of Rifts® Northern Gun™ will be shipping out to Megaverse Insiders next week, before Thanksgiving. After that, a dozen or two of the Color Hardcover Edition and a few of the Steel Foil Edition will be made available to the lucky Surprise Package recipients who convince Santa Kevin they were good little boys and girls and truly deserve one. A few of each will also be made available for sale on my (Kevin Siembieda) eBay store by the end of next week.
The Rifts® Northern Gun PDF for Megaverse Insiders is prepared and will probably start getting emailed by the end of next week or the following week. We want it to arrive around the same time other crowdfunders are getting the hardcover editions.
Meanwhile, the Rifts® Northern Gun™ One softcover edition continues to sell like crazy and get positive feedback.
Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles Store
Over the next week or two, Alex will be adding a number of collectible Palladium Books related items in my online store, including out of print titles, proofreader copies of books (Northern Gun One, Fear the Reaper, and others), manuscripts with editors’ corrections, some original art, hardcover books, and other items will be included. He’s already added several dozen action figures (all from my personal collection) and he will be adding Palladium items over the next week. All items in the store are from my own personal archives and collection. Take a look, there may be some items that are perfect as holiday gifts.
Rifts® Northern Gun™ One Sneak Preview – available now on DriveThruRPG.com
Wayne has posted a FREE Sneak Preview of Rifts® Northern Gun™ One available on DriveThruRPG.com right now for your enjoyment. There are also previews available for the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook, Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ (Revised Edition), Rifts® Black Market, Rifts® Lemuria, Dead Reign™ RPG, Endless Dead™ sourcebook and others. The original Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms World Book is also available as a PDF on DriveThruRPG, for those of you who may be interested.
More than 90 other Palladium titles can be found on DriveThruRPG.com as PDFs, including Splicers®, Rifts® RPG (the edition before RUE), The Rifter® #1-52, and first edition rule books and sourcebooks for Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Heroes Unlimited™, The Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy, Beyond the Supernatural™ and lots of other good titles. DriveThruRPG.com also offers the Rifts® and Palladium Fantasy® Game Master Kits ($5 each; both written by Carl Gleba and complete with maps, combat matrix, character sheets, spell list, and 20 pre-rolled characters created by Julius Rosenstein). Check it all out.
Will there be a Fear the Reaper™ or The Rifter® #64 get a preview? We’ll see. Right now, we have our hands full and Thanksgiving is coming up fast.
Surprise Packages are flying out the door
The number of Surprise Package orders continues to increase as the holidays approach. Cool. Keep ‘em coming. And remember, Surprise Packages are suitable for any holiday, not just Christmas, or for trying new game settings or filling holes in your own collection. I've been feeling a little down and worn out lately, but putting together Surprise Packages continues to put a smile on my face every morning.
What is the Christmas Surprise Package offer? It’s a way to get a boat load of Palladium RPG product on the cheap ($80-$95 worth for $40 plus shipping and handling), get autographs and Erick Wujcik Keepsakes, too. And if you’re into it, you can request a number of limited edition prints and even original artwork (limited as all art is donated by the artists). The perfect holiday gift for the gamer in your life. Or maybe for yourself. The Surprise Package is a great way to try new RPGs and plug holes in your collection. Have you tried Dead Reign™? Splicers®? Nightbane®? Rifts®? Robotech®? Here’s your chance.
Why does Palladium do it? Because we love you. Really. We do it to brighten the holidays for YOU – the greatest fans in the world. It’s our way to say, you are appreciated and thank you for everything. See the full Surprise Package section in this Update or the full description in the Palladium Online store. It is so worthwhile. And fun. I always try to make everything fun and special, especially something like this which is a holiday gift (even if it’s for yourself).
And don’t forget, you can get a bonus Erick Wujcik Keepsake item upon request. See the full description of the Surprise Package below.
In closing . . .
There’s probably more going on, but this is all my addled mind can whip up today. Feeling a bit worn out. More next week. I’ll also try to start posting more Murmurs from the Megaverse and on Facebook. I still need to respond to several dozen private messages, too. Keep the faith and keep those imaginations burning bright.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Game Designer
Christmas Surprise Packages – Available NOW!
The best bargain of the holidays
● $85-$95 worth of product for only about $48 or so in every Palladium Christmas Surprise Package! These days, that’s the price of a core rule book or two supplements. And sometimes the crazy Publisher includes even more value than that!
● Autographs in every book in your Surprise Package, upon request if you want them. For many gamers, this is the only way for them to get signed books.
● Get original artwork. The inclusion of art is considered only for those who request it, and depending on the size, subject and quality of the art, you may only get the art and one or two other items. (The typical piece of original art is 8½ x 11 and has a value of $30-$60.)
● Get other goodies like limited edition prints, posters, back issues of The Rifter®, game settings you’ve been meaning to try, T-shirts, coffee mugs, bookmarks, magnets, Chi-Town Library pencils, Palladium greeting cards, and other Palladium goodies.
● A great gift for ALL gift-giving occasions – Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, birthdays, anniversaries, and so on.
● It’s a surprise, like a real present, because you never know exactly what you are going to get and it is packed with love!
● FREE Erick Wujcik Keepsake for Christmas Surprise Packages. A paperback novel or a magazine read and owned by Erick. This is a bonus item. Include it in your Wish List or in the Comments section by saying, “Please include an Erick Wujcik Keepsake,” and we’ll do so; while supplies last.
Placing your Surprise Package order involves you sending Santa Kevin a “Wish List” of 12-14 different in-stock products and a flat payment (plus shipping and handling). I then hand-pick items from that Wish List and I may include product you didn’t ask for (hence the nickname, “X-Mas Grab Bag”), but all things I think you’ll enjoy, and we ship it all off to you. Gamers have been loving this special offer for 15 or 16 years now. Order one or several for yourself and for your gaming buddies. For the holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, or just to get cool stuff and signatures. Get all the information from the description in the online store.
Christmas Surprise Packages or Grab Bags are a long-running holiday tradition in which you can get several RPG titles at a substantial discount. It is our way to say thank you to our many fans for being so kind and patient, and for your years of support. You are appreciated more than you may know.
A great way to try that game setting you’ve wondered about (Splicers®, Dead Reign™, Chaos Earth®, Palladium Fantasy®, Nightbane®, etc.), or to get something for your favorite Game Master, or perhaps to get your player group to consider a new game or setting.
Click here to get the entire Surprise Package description.
Check your Wish List twice. Make sure you give us 12-14 items on your Wish List that are in print (and NOT all Gold Editions, which are very limited), or you might get items you already have or don’t want. It is a Grab Bag, after all, and if we don’t know what you’d like to get, we just grab items randomly.
Remember to allow for shipping. Christmas may be 33 days away, but your method of shipping will affect whether you get it in time for that specific holiday. Here is our initial breakdown. Data may change as new info comes in from the various shipping services.
Shipping guidelines to arrive in time for Christmas:
- UPS Ground in the USA – Place order by December 15!
- UPS 3-Day Select in USA – Place your order by December 18.
- UPS 2nd Day Air in USA – Place your order by December 19.
- UPS Next Day Air in USA – Place your order by December 20.
- Media Mail – Order must be placed by December 1, 2013 to guarantee delivery in time for Christmas.
- Parcel Post in USA – Place your order by December 11.
- Priority Mail in USA – Place your order by December 18.
- Express Mail in USA – Place your order by December 20.
To our friends in Canada and overseas – you need to place your order by December 8 (December 1 for Africa and Central & South America) to guarantee delivery (barring delays at customs). Happy Holidays, one and all!
WARNING: Media Mail. Yes, Media Mail is the least expensive way to ship, but during the holiday season we found Media Mail to take anywhere from 5-30 days to arrive. We CANNOT guarantee any package sent via Media Mail after December 1 to arrive before Christmas.
We strongly recommend you place your orders early and use Media Mail (the least expensive method of shipping) during the month of November, and UPS Ground (the most reliable method of shipping and tracking) any time up to December 15. Happy Holidays!
FREE Bonus Erick Wujcik Keepsake for Christmas Surprise Packages
We have a great many of these items, thanks to the people handling Erick Wujcik’s estate. Our gift to you. ALL Wujcik Keepsakes are FREE additional items that do NOT count toward the overall value of your Surprise Package. It is a BONUS for those of you who might want them. Only available upon request. Include it in your Wish List or in the Comments section by saying, “Please include an Erick Wujcik Keepsake,” and we’ll do so while supplies last.
An Erick Wujcik Keepsake is a paperback novel or a magazine read and owned by Erick. This is from his personal and private collection. EACH will either be inscribed or stamped with the words “From the collection of Erick Wujcik” or come with a super-simple statement of origin, we haven’t decided which yet. They are nothing extraordinary, just a book or magazine with sentimental value because it belonged to Erick Wujcik. Enjoy. Erick Wujcik was the game designing genius behind such RPG titles as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® RPG, Ninjas and Superspies™, Mystic China™, After the Bomb®, Rifts® China One and Two, Rifts®, Dragons and Gods™, the original Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, as well as his own Amber Diceless RPG, Ambercon and other achievements.
Surprise Package comments from fans like you
Every year there is a section where the customer can offer comments and suggestions with his or her Surprise Package order. Every year, in acknowledgment of our fans, and because they are fun to read, we offer a sampling in the Weekly Updates. Our heartfelt thanks to all of you who have stuck with Palladium through thick and thin. Keep those imaginations burning bright, have a joyous holiday season and game on.
You have no idea how much your comments and support mean to all of us. Everyone at Palladium enjoys reading your brief comments. They always brighten our day. Thank you.
G.S. in Salt Lake City, Utah, writes: I love Palladium! I cannot count the hours of adventure, epic-ness, hilarity, sadness (at the loss of a character or major NPC), and comradery you have given me and my friends over the years. I am NEVER disappointed with any Palladium product I am privileged to acquire. I wish the best for the future of Palladium, Kevin and all who are part of the magic that happens in those hallowed walls. Cheers and Happy Holidays!
[Wow. You make me blush, G.S. Thank you for your kind words and high praise. I’m delighted our games have brought you so much fun and joy over the years. Game on and happy holidays to you and all our fans. – Kevin Siembieda]
J.D. in Las Vegas, Nevada, writes: Glad you continue to strive toward your goals. You are all very dedicated on turning out a fantastic product time after time. So often we, your fans, do not express how much we appreciate what you have done, and the time and effort each of you dedicate to this project. Please keep doing what you love for many years to come.
[Thanks for your kind words, J.D. I think we all plan to keep doing RPGs for years to come. So you have nothing to worry about. – KS]
A.S. in Ludington, Michigan, writes (in part): Thanks in advance for the sore wrists from all the autographs. :)
[Thank you A.S., but we’re made of tougher stuff that that. What’s several thousand autographs among friends? – KS]
S.S. in Gainesville, Texas, writes: I’ve been a customer for life, but only last year did I get my first Surprise Package for my son and I. We are so pleased with what we got last year. Once I mentioned Christmas shopping this year, my son replies, “Can we order each other Christmas Surprise Packages again?!?!
[I see the answer was yes. I’m glad you both enjoy our books and this holiday offer so much. Game on! – KS]
D.H. in Central City, Nebraska, writes: Favorites: We love every one we’ve tried.
[Cool. – KS]
S.G. in Spring, Texas, writes (in part): I played the Robotech RPG 20 years ago and I am excited to support your Robotech® RPG Tactics project. Congratulations on the success of the Kickstarter and what appears to be the reinvigoration of the company. Have a Merry Christmas!
[Thanks for your support and words, S.G. Yeah, we’re super-excited about Robotech® RPG Tactics and the future of Palladium Books too. Great things are coming. – KS]
E.V. in Scotland, Ontario, Canada, writes: Keep up the good work. I look forward to the Christmas Surprise every year.
[Glad to hear it, E.V. We will continue to work hard to give you great books. – KS]
R.M. in Waupaca, Wisconsin, writes: HO HO HO! Merry early Christmas! I love these Surprise Packages. Best deal in the industry.
[Ain’t that the truth. Glad you love ‘em so much. Happy Holidays. – KS]
S.R. in Burbank, California, writes: Thanks for another year of great products and good luck in 2014! Can’t wait for my Robotech® UEEF Marines Sourcebook and lots more Rifts®.
[Count on it, S.R. UEEF is going to rock, and wait till you see what’s in store for Rifts®. Two of my secret projects are Rifts®. –KS]
K.S. in New Holland, Pennsylvania, writes (in part): Want to say thanks. You guys rekindled my imagination with Rifts®. I love the lore that you and all the other writers put out. It helps me come up with stories for my RPG games, both Palladium and others.
[Thanks for the nice words K.S. – Hey, I’m K.S. too! And my relatives on my mother’s side come from Pennsylvania. Keep that imagination burning bright, my friend. To me, role-playing games are all about character, story, camaraderie and letting your imagination go. Our thanks to everyone who supports Palladium. We can’t post all your comments in these Weekly Updates, but I do, personally, read them all. Happy Holidays from the Palladium crew. May they be filled with laughter, joy and gaming. – Kevin Siembieda]
NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 4: Fear the Reaper™ – At the Printer – Ships end of November
Like knights mounted on motorcycles, the Road Reapers travel the wasteland that Earth has become, searching for survivors, fighting zombies and waging war against the Death Cults that threaten all mankind.
This epic sourcebook explores the nature of heroes and heroism in the Zombie Apocalypse. It contains the secrets of the fabled Road Reapers, their structure, leadership, missions and purpose, as well as gear and combat notes. Plus a horrifying new zombie known as the Terror Zombie, plus Floaters (zombies in water) and which zombies can swim. Survival is one thing. Can you keep your humanity and be a hero?
- Comprehensive background on the legendary Road Reapers™ – zombie hunters and heroes of the Zombie Apocalypse.
- The Road Reaper Way of Life: Living and fighting on the road.
- Road Reaper missions, strategies and tactics.
- The Road Reapers’ Code – a guide to being a Road Reaper and hero.
- Structure and organization of Road Reaper units.
- Road Reaper areas of specialty and bonus skills.
- Road Reaper Specializations like the Ex-Con, Road Captain, Scout and Fix-It Man.
- More zombie-killing advice from Brad Ashley, the notorious leader of the Road Reapers and author of the Road Reapers’ Survival Guide.
- Notable weapons and gear used by the Road Reapers.
- Stats for snowmobiles and boats.
- Combat notes and optional character tables.
- Terror Zombie, an amalgamation of horror fused to a Mock Zombie.
- Zombies in water and which ones can swim!
- Many adventure ideas and random tables.
- Written by Matthew Clements.
- 48 pages – $12.95 retail – Cat. No. 234. November release! At the printer.
The Rifter® #64 – Ships no later than December 3
The Rifter® #64 is our annual horror issue. This one presents chills and monsters for Beyond the Supernatural™, Dead Reign™, Nightbane® and even for the Palladium Fantasy RPG®. There is a ‘Giant’ adventure (as in an adventure about Giants) for Palladium Fantasy®, and The Black-Malice Legacy, Part Two, with more details about the Coalition States’ Psi-Division. Plus, stories, news, coming attractions, and more.
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory that helps players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and keep their games fresh. It provides useful, ready to go, source material gamers can just drop into their ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, adventure and ideas for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least two or three other Palladium game lines.
The Rifter® Number 64 includes:
- Rifts® – The Black-Malice Legacy, Part II – by Matt Olfson and Will Hunter. Source material about the Coalition States’ psionic operatives and technology, including squad formation and new psychic martial art classes for special operatives in CS Psi-Battalion.
- Rifts® Short Story – A Cold Night, Dead Past by Brett Caron.
- Dead Reign™ source material by Jeff Duncan. New Survivor Occupations and related skills set in the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Nightbane® source material by Bryant Telfer. A new class of mystical wanderer and Nightbane.
- Palladium Fantasy® Adventure by Michael Osborne. Play Giant characters or pint-sized humans who invade the lairs of Trolls and evil beings in control of dark magic.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – New creatures: Ice Bearmen and the Winter Serpent by Matthew Clements, Chuck Walton and Kevin Siembieda. “Official” Fantasy source material.
- Rifts® NG/Minion War™ story (and hint of things to come) by Matthew Clements.
- Heroes Unlimited™ Short Story by Glen Evans.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- 96 pages – $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 164. November/December release.
Rifts® World Book 33: Northern Gun™ One – Available Now!
Rifts® Northern Gun™ One is the most tech-filled World Book Palladium has ever produced. In addition to world information, background and O.C.C.s for the Northern Gun corporation and Ishpeming, there are 27 robots, 70+ weapons and all kinds of dynamic information and gaming resources. Courtesy of the largest arms dealer and independent manufacturer on the continent: Northern Gun™.
Northern Gun™ is the most famous arms manufacture in North America. Outside of the Coalition States, one could argue, no other kingdom is as powerful or influential, at least when it comes to technology and weapons. The manufacture and sale of Northern Gun weapons and vehicles has given virtually every kingdom, town, colony of settlers and adventurer group a chance to survive and prosper. Located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, NG has been the premier outfitter of mercenaries, adventurers and upstart kingdoms for generations. Now, for the first time ever, learn Northern Gun’s history, goals and plans for the future. Of course, that means new weapons, robots, power armor, vehicles and gear.
- In-depth look at Northern Gun, its robots, stores, politics and operations.
- 70+ NG weapons; old and new.
- 27 NG giant combat and exploration robots. Described in detail.
- Many new robot weapon systems and features, including alternative power supplies, anti-monster gear and experimental weapons.
- Northern Gun freighter ships and hovertrains. Random Cargo tables too.
- Notable cities and people of the Ishpeming Republic/Northern Gun.
- NG O.C.C.s, police, specialists and NG Mercenary army.
- The NG Mercenary army and police.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts Earth.
- Key locations, people and dangers around Northern Gun.
- NG mercenary defenders, groups and pirates.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the CS and other nations.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Mark Dudley, Amy Ashbaugh, and others.
- Wraparound cover by Chuck Walton.
- Written by Matthew Clements, Kevin Siembieda and others.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 887 – Softcover Edition.
- Softcover edition is available NOW!
- Deluxe Hardcover and Collectors’ Hardcover Editions ship in November to crowdfunders. Only a few dozen will be made available to the open market at steep prices and in the Palladium Christmas Surprise Package offer.
- Check out the new FREE Sneak Preview on DriveThruRPG.com!
Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two
In production! Expanded to 192-224 pages and filled with all kinds of adventuring gear: New environmental body armor, power armor, hovercycles, robot drones, robot haulers, combat vehicles, other vehicles, robot gladiators and much more. More information about the weapons, vehicles and practices of Northern Gun, including the new rage of robot gladiatorial combat. Expanded page count. Epic adventure.
- NG robot haulers and drones.
- NG power armor suits; an expansive range.
- NG M.D.C. body armor, and combat gear.
- NG bionics, cybernetic services and other equipment.
- NG hovercycles, land vehicles and combat vehicles.
- NG jet packs and aircraft.
- NG boats, ships and submarines.
- NG Robot Gladiatorial Arena.
- Robot Gladiator O.C.C. and robot gladiators.
- Pirates and more.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Wraparound cover by John Zeleznik.
- 192-224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 888. December, 2013 remains our target date and seems doable at this stage (tentative).
Rifts® World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. Demons, Deevils and supernatural beings run rampant and wreak havoc across the world.
- Demon plagues and mystic blights.
- Soulmancy and Blood Magic revealed.
- Magical and demonic weapons and war machines.
- Demonic armies, strongholds and places of evil.
- Hell Pits and Rune Forges.
- Many Demon Lords, their minions and plans.
- Calgary, the Kingdom of Monsters; in detail.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Epic battles and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Part of the Minion War “Crossover” series.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. January/February release.
Robotech® UEEF Marines Sourcebook One
This is another book that is guaranteed to wow and please Robotech® fans.
- New mecha and weapons.
- Aliens and space adventure.
- Written by Irvin Jackson.
- 160 pages – Cat. No. 553 – $20.95 – Shooting for a quick release, but early 2014 seems realistic.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
The only product people are more excited about than the two Rifts® Northern Gun releases is Robotech® RPG Tactics™. Momentum is building to a fever pitch. Fans will not be disappointed. Demos at the Alliance Trade Show got nothing but big, toothy smiles and positive reviews. Here’s are some details.
● Flexible Date of Release: An exact release date is yet to be determined, but it is looking like some time in February, 2014. Ninja Division’s original projections had product delivery at October or November, but we were all a bit too optimistic. In order to make this game line everything it can be, there have been delays. As a result, the game has yet to be sent into manufacturing. That said, 98% of the work is completed, the game pieces look incredible, and Ninja Division is wrapping up on final packaging, layout and tweaks. We expect to get final approval from licensor Harmony Gold in two or three weeks. At which point, Robotech® RPG Tactics™ goes into manufacturing. Factoring in manufacturing time, shipping from China and other factors, it is looking more and like a February 2014 release. We’ll see. Note: As stated in the past, we will ship product to the Kickstarter supporters before we ship to distributors.
● Plastic game pieces. All of the 1/285th game pieces in the box set and expansion packs are plastic. (Special editions and limited releases for conventions and the Kickstarter may be in resin and/or metal.)
● Expansions released in waves. Palladium plans to release Robotech® RPG Tactics™ products in waves. The core box game and first six expansion packs will be the initial release. 4-6 additional expansion packs of mecha game pieces will ship approximately every three months thereafter.
● Robotech® RPG products – available now. Don’t forget that Robotech® RPG products are available now. They include the Robotech® Shadow Chronicles® core rule book available as a $30.95 hardcover (Cat. No. 550HC) and as a $16.95 manga-sized RPG paperback (Cat. No. 550), and the Macross® Saga Sourcebook (Cat. No. 551) which is the same setting as the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game. Each book is a wealth of background information about Robotech® and fun to read and play. With excitement growing for Robotech® RPG Tactics™, there is renewed interest in the Robotech® role-playing game line.
● New Robotech® RPG products coming in 2014. Palladium has three new Robotech® sourcebooks in development. UEEF Marines Sourcebook One, UEEF Marines Sourcebook Two and The Zentraedi Protectorate Sourcebook are all slated for release before Summer 2014. Additional Robotech® sourcebooks are on the drawing board.
● Palladium is working with Harmony Gold to expand the scope of its license to provide you with an even greater range of Robotech® products.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ – Game Description
This is the game Robotech® fans have wanted for decades.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games, or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces.
Mecha vs Mecha. Take command of the fighting forces of the United Earth Defense Force (UEDF) valiantly defending Earth from alien annihilation. Or lead the massive clone armies of the Zentraedi Armada to recover an alien artifact of immense power and enslave humankind.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Box Set
- Brought to you by Palladium Books®, created with Ninja Division (the creative minds behind Soda Pop Miniatures and Cipher Studios).
- Rules by Alessio Cavatore, David Freeman and Carmen Bellaire.
- Full color, softcover rule book; wraparound cover and lots of new, color artwork.
- 24 Battle Dice, 12 UEDF and 12 Zentraedi.
- 40 color game cards (unit cards, etc.).
- 4x VF-1A Valkyries (in Fighter, Guardian, and Battloid modes).
- 1x VF-1J "Officer" in all three modes.
- 4x Destroids: 2 Tomahawks and 2 Defenders.
- 12x Regult Zentraedi Battlepods.
- 1x Glaug Officer's Battlepod.
- 1x Quel-Regult Recon Battlepod.
- 1x Quel-Gulnau Recovery Pod.
- 1/285th scale, high quality, multi-pose plastic game pieces (40mm to 70mm tall). World-class sculpts from sculptors around the world.
- Game rules use D6.
- Turn-based system of play.
- Scalable from small squad skirmishes to mass battles. Can accommodate two to several players.
- Combat is fast and designed to emulate the anime action.
- Measuring tape required to determine targets and distance.
- Small parts and some assembly required. Game pieces come unpainted.
- Release Date: Barring any further delays, the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ box game and initial expansion sets ship February 2014 (tentative).
- $90 retail price (tentative). The price of the final box set is not yet determined, but we want to hold it around $90.
- Cat. No. 55100 (Main Boxed Game).
The First Six Robotech® Expansion Packs
The initial expansion packs will also ship at the same time as the main box game. All prices listed are likely, but still tentative. We want most packs to fall in the $25-$35 price range.
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing (2x each, Fighter, Guardian, Battloid) – Cat. No. 55201 – $30.00 retail (tentative).
- UEDF Destroid Pack (2x Tomahawks, 2x Defenders) – Cat. No. 55202 – $30.00 (tentative).
- UEDF Spartan Pack (2x Spartans, 2x Phalanxes), Cat. No. 55203 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepod Squadron (6x Regults) – Cat. No. 55401 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Support Battlepods (4x Artillery Battlepods) – Cat. No. 55402 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Command Pack (1x Glaug, 1x Quel-Regult, 1x Quel-Gulnau) – Cat. No. 55403 – $35.00 (tentative).
- Additional expansion packs to be released in waves every few months, 4-8 at a time, throughout 2014. More will follow.
- Palladium plans to release the mecha and settings for ALL eras of Robotech®. Many other details are still in development.
- Tournament play support is planned. Ninja Division will help Palladium to develop and launch the program.
Robotech® Macross® Saga Sourcebook – New Size
Available now – 8½ x 11 size
All the famous mecha and action of Robotech® starts here with the Macross® Saga when an alien armada enters Earth orbit. They have come to reclaim a lost spacecraft that crash-landed on Earth 10 years earlier. A space fortress that Earth’s protectors have rebuilt into their own flagship against alien invasion. The resulting conflict gives birth to heroes and becomes the stuff of legend, but the Earth will never be the same. Robotech® The Macross® Saga Sourcebook is now available as an 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook.
Note: This is the setting for Robotech® RPG Tactics™, so if you’re looking for more information about the mecha, Earth’s defenders, the Zentraedi invaders, and the Macross Saga setting, this is the book for you. Epic adventure awaits.
A Robotech® Role-Playing Game Sourcebook:
- Transformable Veritech Fighters known as Valkyries take to the sky to defend the Earth.
- Destroids, giant walking tanks, are among Earth’s front-line defenders.
- The SDF-1 and Earth air, ground and space combat vehicles.
- Zentraedi mecha, powered armor suits, and select spacecraft.
- The Zentraedi warriors, their war machines and culture.
- Notable characters from the TV series statted out.
- Quick Character Creation Tables enable you to make Macross characters in 15 minutes or less.
- New skills and M.O.S. skill bundles.
- The Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® RPG “rule book” is needed to play (Cat. No. 550 or 550HC).
- 128 pages – $16.95 – Cat. No. 551 – standard 8½ x 11 size – Available now.
BACK IN PRINT
Rifts® Ultimate Edition
Imagine a world setting that is Earth 300 years after an apocalypse that results in the return of magic. Now imagine a world where magic and super-science collide. Where cyborgs and men clad in power armor and giant robots clash with demons, dragons and sorcerers.
Now imagine lines of blue, magic energy rippling across the land. Where two or more of those lines cross, there is a tear in the fabric of space and time. A Rift to infinite worlds and realities that have unleashed an endless cavalcade of aliens, mutants and monsters into our world. Some are adventurers like you, others are invaders, some are slaves or prisoners, and still others are demonic nightmares and gods from ancient myths. All now make Earth their home or hunting ground. Welcome to Rifts®.
Rifts® combines the genres of science fiction, fantasy, horror and post-apocalypse (among others) in a plausible setting where adventure is limited only by your imagination and the possibilities are truly infinite.
- 33 O.C.C.s – Bursters, Crazies, Cyber-Knights, Dog Boys, Glitter Boys, Juicers, Ley Line Walkers, Mind Melters, Psi-Stalkers, dragons, mutants & more.
- The Coalition States – heroes or villains?
- Coalition O.C.C.s, gear and States described.
- Psionic powers and characters.
- Magic spells and Techno-Wizardry.
- Techno-Wizard device construction rules.
- World information and background to set the stage for adventure.
- All the info you need to play is contained in this core rule book.
- Color end sheets painted by John Zeleznik. Cover by Scott Johnson.
- 24 pages of color, 75+ color images; great art throughout.
- Created and written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 90+ sourcebooks to expand your Rifts® adventures.
- 376 pages – Cat. No. 800HC – $39.95 – Hardcover.
BACK IN PRINT: Chi-Town Pencil
Do Not Remove — Property of the Chi-Town Library
They’re fun and silly, and Rifts® gamers love them, so we pressed a new batch of Chi-Town Library pencils. They look great on the gaming table.
- Printed on each are the words: Do Not Remove — Property of the Chi-Town Library.
- 50 cents each – Cat. No. 2561 – No. 2 pencil. Available now.
BACK IN PRINT: Villains Unlimited™
More than 80 villains with complete stats, background and motives for trouble. And lots of other epic source material.
- 80+ villains.
- Rules for designing your own super-organization.
- S.C.R.E.T. – Superbeing Control Retrieval and Elimnation Team.
- The Jury – are they heroes or villains?
- Fabricators Inc. – the weapons and armor suppliers to the criminal underworld.
- Magic Tattoos and more.
- All of the above serve as catalysts for adventure.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Kevin Long.
- 224 pages – $24.95 – Cat. No. 501 – Available now.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- The Rifter® #49-52 recently added – available now.
- Splicers® RPG.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-52.
- The Best of The Rifter®.
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
© Copyright 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.