Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Oct. 12, 2013
By Kevin Siembieda
I just wrote in an email to a freelancer, that days seem to fly by as if they were minutes. To call this week action-packed would be an understatement. All kinds of things are moving forward and boiling behind the scenes. Energy at the office has been electric. Books are getting finished, others are getting started, and ideas are flying. We are getting all kinds of work done. We've been pounding out ads, press releases, updates, and taking care of business while creating new product concepts and moving existing projects forward. There are days where it feels like we are running a marathon, but even they are somehow exhilarating.
Here are the latest goings-on. There’s a lot.
UPDATE: Rifts® Northern Gun™ One – Ships October 24, 2013
Rifts® Northern Gun™ One is DONE, at the printer and greenlighted for printing. On Tuesday I approved the pre-press printer proofs for all three covers (includes the two Megaverse Insider Hardcovers and the softcover edition), and interior pages. They looked great. Meanwhile, everyone who has seen the proofreader’s photocopy has gone wild over it. That includes visiting freelancers like Chuck Walton and Ben Rodriguez, distributor reps and retailers at the Alliance Trade Show (last weekend), and everyone in between. Chuck is fun, because every robot description he reads, he smiles and says, “Oh, Kevin, you and Matt really outdid yourselves. I’m telling you, this book sets the bar higher for all other books to come.”
The NG-1 softcover edition should ship no later than October 24, 2013, and could ship as early as October 18, so get your orders in. This also means we will have copies hot off the presses at Detroit Fanfare in Dearborn, Michigan, October 25-27. Creators Matthew Clements, Chuck Walton, Wayne Smith, Alex Marciniszyn, Julius Rosenstein, Mark Dudley, Carmen Bellaire (Saturday only), Ben Rodriguez and I will be available to sign the book. Plus we’ll also have the Max and Miriya convention special game pieces for Robotech® RPG Tactics™ available for sale, and Julius and I, and others will be running gaming events at Detroit Fanfare over the weekend. I also have a panel talk.
The NG-1 Hardcover editions (one with a color cover and one with a black leatherette and foil cover) should be done and ready to ship 2-4 weeks later, so early to mid-November. That’s when all the Megaverse Insider packages will ship.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #64 – October Release
This issue has material for Rifts®, Dead Reign™, Palladium Fantasy® and other good stuff. See the preliminary write-up elsewhere in this Update.
UPDATE: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 4: Fear the Reaper™ – Oct./Nov. Release
Author Matthew Clements has turned in his manuscript for Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 4: Fear the Reaper™. It looks good. Mike Mumah has already finished his art assignment for the book, Amy Ashbaugh has sent in her first few, and I’ve seen a couple of preliminary drawings from Brian Manning. All exactly what we are looking for. Great job. This should be another fun addition to the Dead Reign™, Zombie Apocalypse series. And just in time for the holidays. It is a 48 page sourcebook that spotlights the Road Reapers and their war against the zombies and crusade against Death Cults, and efforts to rescue the innocent. Written by Matthew Clements. Art by Amy Ashbaugh, Nick Bradshaw, Brian and Allen Manning, and Mike Mumah. See the complete description for it elsewhere in this Update.
UPDATE: Rifts® Northern Gun™ Two – Nov./Dec. Release
I’m already working away on Rifts® Northern Gun™ Two. A November release is my goal. We’re going to try our best to get it in your hands before Christmas! It is another book packed to the gills with weapons, vehicles, armor, and gear that will blow your mind. NG-2 is even more of a toy chest than NG-1. See the latest description for it later in this Update.
UPDATE: Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
I can hardly wait to sink my teeth into this incredible title by Carl Gleba. Matthew Clements is taking a look at it now and liking what he sees. And the artwork for it . . . wow. Great stuff. Still shooting for a 2013 release, though it may slip into 2014.
UPDATE: Robotech® UEEF Marines™ Sourcebook
The sketch for the cover was approved last week. We should get the finished art in a couple of weeks. I still need to assign the rest of the artwork. Another great book. Still shooting for a December 2013 release, though it is likely to slip into early 2014.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
The rule book is laid out. We’re helping Ninja Division give it one last proofread. Alex and Julius went through it on Friday. Wayne’s looking it over now. The final sculpts for the YF-4 have also come in, and we’re looking over the redone 130+ data cards. Packaging has also started to come in. Once everything is finalized, we send it in to Harmony Gold for their stamp of approval (and any changes). After Harmony Gold signs off, we send it all in to manufacturing! Like I said last week, we can hardly wait to get Robotech® RPG Tactics™ into full-blown manufacturing and into your hands. Getting there. Looking awesome.
Palladium Books will be demonstrating the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game all weekend at the Detroit Fanfare Convention in Dearborn, Michigan, October 25-27. Convention special figures of Max and Miriya’s mecha (both in metal) will be available for sale at Fanfare – 100 of each. Sold on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last. These are the same convention exclusives sold at Gen Con, only Miriya is in white metal this time, not resin. The Harmony Gold Robotech® Tour is also taking place at this gaming and comic book convention, with special guest speakers and giveaways. Join the fun!
Alliance Trade Show – success
Wayne, Jeff and I enjoyed the Alliance Trade Show last weekend. Jeff offered demonstrations of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ while Wayne and I talked with Alliance sales people and retailers about all our products. Everyone is pumped up about Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and new upcoming RPG releases, including the two Rifts® Northern Gun™ titles and others. We have BIG plans for Rifts®, Robotech®, and all our game lines, and everyone is on board. I was fortunate to have my old pal, Larry Elmore across the aisle from the Palladium booth, and was able to talk with him for a couple of hours. It was great catching up and sharing stories.
The only bittersweet moments were when we thought of Phyllis Opolko. Phyllis was one of the primary movers and shakers behind the Alliance Trade Show. It was her baby. Phyllis was also a beloved friend, ally and industry figure. I was afraid it would be sad without her presence, and for a moment it was, but her spirit, and her legacy was everywhere, which made me smile and feel as if she was right there with us. I bet she was.
Detroit Fanfare – Dearborn, Michigan – October 25-27, 2013
ALL GAMERS in and around Michigan, you are invited to join Palladium Books for a weekend of gaming, good conversation, comics and fun at Detroit Fanfare. Our hope is to make it a sort of mini-annual Palladium Open House. Detroit Fanfare is a combination gaming, comic books, and media convention that draws more than 8,000 people every year.
- Rifts® Northern Gun™ One (softcover edition) WILL be available, hot off the presses (it should arrive at the Palladium warehouse the day before).
- 20 (maybe more) Palladium role-playing game events! Plus open gaming is available 24 hours. Local G.M.s, join the fun.
- 14 Robotech® RPG Tactics™ demos on SATURDAY, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, in the gaming room by co-creator of the game rules, Carmen Bellaire. More game room demos on Sunday.
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™ demos at the Palladium booth by Jeff Burke EVERY DAY.
- Convention EXCLUSIVE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Max and Miriya game pieces! These are the same figures that had 300+ people lining up at our booth every morning at Gen Con. Here’s your chance to get the exclusive Max and Miriya convention specials. Both cast in metal. Limited to 100 of each and available on a first come, first served basis.
- Harmony Gold’s Robotech® Tour. Meet Steve Yun, enjoy Robotech® panels, and get autographs. I’ll probably even participate in a few.
- Meet Many of the Creators Behind Palladium Books.
- Me, Kevin Siembieda (publisher, writer and game designer)
- Wayne Smith (editor and Editor-in-Chief of The Rifter®)
- Julius Rosenstein (contributing writer, proofreader and Game Master)
- Alex Marciniszyn (editor)
- Carmen Bellaire (writer and game designer; tentative)
- Matthew Clements (writer)
- Mark Dudley (artist)
- Chuck Walton (artist)
- Ben Rodriguez (artist)
- Jeff Burke (artist and Robotech consultant)
- Get books signed. Meet and chat with the Palladium crew, buy original art, new books, and get autographs. We are happy to sign your books, so bring them on over.
- Games run by Palladium creators, including Kevin Siembieda (me), Julius Rosenstein, Carmen Bellaire, and others. Plus gaming demos.
- Palladium Booth in the dealers’ hall.
Detroit Fanfare also offers the following:
- Many comic book guests – writers and artists.
- Dealers’ room.
- Artists’ alley and more!
- Detroit Fanfare is estimating 9,000-11,000 people to attend this year! And growing. It’s held at the Adoba Hotel (formerly the Hyatt Regency and only 20 minutes from the Palladium offices), in Dearborn, Michigan, October 25, 26 & 27, 2013. Join the fun.
Click here for more information about Detroit Fanfare.
Palladium Gaming Schedule at Detroit Fanfare
Friday 6 PM – Robotech® RPG
Friday 7 PM – Dead Reign RPG
Note: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ demos take place at the Palladium booth in the dealer’s hall all weekend.
Saturday: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ “full scale” demos every half hour from 10:00 AM till 4:30 PM with game designer Carmen Bellaire, who co-authored the rules. Note: Demos also take place at the Palladium booth all weekend.
Saturday 10:00 AM – Palladium Fantasy RPG
Saturday 11:00 AM – Dead Reign RPG
Saturday Noon – Panel talk with Kevin Siembieda
Saturday 1:00 PM – Palladium Fantasy RPG
Saturday 2:00 PM – Palladium Fantasy RPG: Lord DeSilca – G.M. Kevin Siembieda
Saturday 3:00 PM – Dead Reign RPG
Saturday 3:00 PM – Robotech® RPG
Saturday 4:00 PM – Beyond the Supernatural RPG
Saturday 7:00 PM – Dead Reign RPG
Note: Palladium founder and Lead Game Designer, Kevin Siembieda, may add another Palladium Fantasy RPG: Lord DeSilca game, if there is enough demand.
Sunday: 11:00 AM – Robotech® RPG
Sunday: 11:00 AM – Dead Reign RPG
Sunday: 11:00 AM – Beyond the Supernatural RPG
Sunday: Noon – Heroes Unlimited RPG
Sunday: 2:00 PM – Palladium Fantasy RPG
Sunday: 3:00 PM – Palladium Fantasy RPG
Note: Palladium founder and Lead Game Designer, Kevin Siembieda, may add a Palladium Fantasy RPG: Lord DeSilca game, if there is enough demand.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ demos take place at the Palladium booth in the dealer room all weekend.
I hope a lot of local gamers come to the convention in Dearborn (across from the Fairlane Shopping Mall) to help make the gaming portion of Detroit Fanfare a success. Right now, it and getting product into manufacturing are our focus. Keep those imaginations burning.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Game Designer
Rifts® World Book 33: Northern Gun™ One – ships October 24
Rifts® Northern Gun™ One is the most ‘tech’ filled World Book Palladium has ever produced. In addition to world information, background and O.C.C.s for the Northern Gun corporation and Ishpeming, there are 27 robots, 70+ weapons and all kinds of dynamic information and gaming resources. Courtesy of the largest arms dealer and independent manufacturer on the continent: Northern Gun.
Northern Gun is the most famous arms manufacturer in North America. Outside of the Coalition States, one could argue, no other kingdom is as powerful or influential, at least when it comes to technology and weapons. The manufacture and sale of Northern Gun weapons and vehicles has given virtually every kingdom, town, colony of settlers and adventurer group a chance to survive and prosper. Located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, NG has been the premier outfitter of mercenaries, adventurers and upstart kingdoms for generations. Now, for the first time ever, learn Northern Gun’s history, goals and plans for the future. Of course, that means new weapons, robots, power armor, vehicles and gear.
- In-depth look at Northern Gun, its robots, stores, politics and operations.
- 70+ NG weapons; old and new.
- 27 NG giant combat and exploration robots. Described in detail.
- Many new robot weapon systems and features, including alternative power supplies, anti-monster gear and experimental weapons.
- Northern Gun freighter ships and hovertrains. Random Cargo tables, too.
- Notable cities and people of the Ishpeming Republic/Northern Gun.
- NG O.C.C.s, police, specialists and NG Mercenary army.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts Earth.
- Key locations, people and dangers around Northern Gun.
- NG mercenary defenders, groups and pirates.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the CS and other nations.
- Interior artwork by Chuck Walton, Mark Dudley, Amy Ashbaugh, and others.
- Wraparound cover by Chuck Walton.
- Written by Matthew Clements, Kevin Siembieda and others.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 887 – Softcover Edition.
- Softcover Edition ships October 24 – OR SOONER!
- Deluxe Hardcover and Collectors’ Hardcover Editions ship in November to crowdfunders. Only a few dozen will be made available to the open market at steep prices and in the Palladium Christmas Surprise Package offer.
- Check out the FREE Advance Preview on DriveThruRPG.com! A new sneak preview will be coming in a couple weeks.
The Rifter® #64 – Ships October 28, 2013
The Rifter® #64 presents optional source material for Rifts®, Dead Reign™, Palladium Fantasy RPG® and more. Each and every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory that provides useful, ready to use, source material gamers can just drop into their ongoing games.
The Rifter® Number 64 includes:
- Rifts® – The Black-Malice Legacy, Part II. Source material about the Coalition States’ psionic operatives and technology.
- Rifts® Short Story.
- Dead Reign™ source material. More horror and adventure set in the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Palladium Fantasy® source material.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- In final production.
- 96 pages – $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 164. Ships October 28, 2013.
- Reminder, The Rifter® #63 included a Robotech® RPG Tactics™ eight page photo spread showing dozens and dozens of the mecha figures coming in that series.
NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 4: Fear the Reaper™ – October/November Release
Join the legendary Road Reapers as the struggle for survival pits bikers against zombies out on the highways and streets of a world stalked by the walking dead. Like knights mounted on motorcycles, they travel the wasteland that Earth has become, searching for survivors, fighting zombies and waging war against the Death Cults that threaten all mankind.
- Comprehensive background on the Road Reapers.
- The Road Reaper Way of Life: Living and fighting on the road.
- Road Reaper missions, strategy and tactics.
- Structure and organization of Road Reaper units.
- Different types of Road Reapers like Off-Roaders and Former Highway Patrol.
- The Road Reapers’ war against Death Cults and Raiders.
- Random Road Reaper Creation Tables.
- Road Reaper Specializations like the Ex-Con, Road Captain and Fix-It Man.
- Notable Road Reaper leaders and captains.
- More background information and zombie-killing advice from Brad Ashley, the notorious leader of the Road Reapers and author of the Road Reapers’ Survival Guide.
- Written by Matthew Clements.
- 48 pages – $12.95 retail – Cat. No. 234. October or November release.
Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two
In production! Expanded to 192-224 pages and filled with all kinds of adventuring gear: New environmental body armor, power armor, hovercycles, robot drones, robot haulers, combat vehicles, other vehicles, robot gladiators and much more. More information about the weapons, vehicles and practices of Northern Gun, including the new rage of robot gladiatorial combat. Expanded page count. Epic adventure.
- NG robot haulers and drones.
- NG power armor suits; an expansive range.
- NG M.D.C. body armor, and combat gear.
- NG bionics, cybernetic services and other equipment.
- NG hovercycles, land vehicles and combat vehicles.
- NG jet packs and aircraft.
- NG boats, ships and submarines.
- NG Robot Gladiatorial Arena.
- Robot Gladiator O.C.C. and robot gladiators.
- Pirates and more.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Interior artwork by Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Wraparound cover by John Zeleznik.
- 192-224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 888 – November or December release.
Rifts® World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. Demons, Deevils and supernatural beings run rampant and wreak havoc across the world.
- Demon plagues and mystic blights.
- Soulmancy and Blood Magic revealed.
- Magical and demonic weapons and war machines.
- Demonic armies, strongholds and places of evil.
- Hell Pits and Rune Forges.
- Many Demon Lords, their minions and plans.
- Calgary, the Kingdom of Monsters; in detail.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Epic battles and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Part of the Minion War “Crossover” series.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. December, 2013 release (tentative).
Robotech® UEEF Marines Sourcebook One
This is another book that is guaranteed to wow and please Robotech® fans.
- New mecha and weapons.
- Aliens and space adventure.
- Written by Irvin Jackson.
- 160 pages – Cat. No. 553 – $20.95 – December, 2013 release (tentative).
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
The only product people are more excited about than the two Rifts® Northern Gun releases is Robotech® RPG Tactics™. Momentum is building to a fever pitch. Fans will not be disappointed. Demos at the Alliance Trade Show got nothing but big, toothy smiles and positive reviews. (You can demo it yourself at Detroit Fanfare, October 25-27, in Dearborn, Michigan). Here are some of the latest developments . . .
● Flexible Date of Release: We are still hopeful for December, but its release may slip into January, 2014. Ninja Division’s original projections had product delivery at October or November. I fear we were all a bit too optimistic. In order to make this game line everything it can be, there have been delays. As a result, the game has yet to begin manufacturing. That said, 98% of the work is completed, the game pieces look incredible, and Ninja Division is wrapping up on final packaging, layout and tweaks. We expect to get final approval from licensor Harmony Gold in two or three weeks. At which point, Robotech® RPG Tactics™ goes into manufacturing. Factoring in manufacturing time, shipping from China and other factors, it is looking more and like a January 2014 release. We’ll see. Note: As stated in the past, we will ship product to the Kickstarter supporters before we ship to distributors.
● Plastic game pieces. All of the 1/285th scale game pieces in the box set and expansion packs are plastic. (Special editions and limited releases for conventions and the Kickstarter may be in resin and/or metal.)
● Expansions released in waves. Palladium plans to release Robotech® RPG Tactics™ products in waves. The core box game and first six expansion packs will be the initial release. 4-6 additional expansion packs of mecha game pieces will ship approximately every three months thereafter.
● Robotech® RPG products – available now. Don’t forget that Robotech® RPG products are available now. They include the Robotech® Shadow Chronicles® core rule book available as a $30.95 hardcover (Cat. No. 550HC) and as a $16.95 manga-sized RPG paperback (Cat. No. 550), and the Macross® Saga Sourcebook (Cat. No. 551) which is the same setting as the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game. Each book is a wealth of background information about Robotech® and fun to read and play. With excitement growing for Robotech® RPG Tactics™, there is renewed interest in the Robotech® role-playing game line.
● New Robotech® RPG products coming in 2014. Palladium has three new Robotech® sourcebooks in development. UEEF Marines Sourcebook One, UEEF Marines Sourcebook Two and The Zentraedi Protectorate Sourcebook are all slated for release before Summer 2014. Additional Robotech® sourcebooks are on the drawing board.
● Palladium is working with Harmony Gold to expand the scope of its license to provide you with an even greater range of Robotech® products.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ – Game Description
This is the game Robotech® fans have wanted for decades.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games, or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces.
Mecha vs Mecha. Take command of the fighting forces of the United Earth Defense Force (UEDF) valiantly defending Earth from alien annihilation. Or lead the massive clone armies of the Zentraedi Armada to recover an alien artifact of immense power and enslave humankind.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Box Set
- Brought to you by Palladium Books®, created with Ninja Division (the creative minds behind Soda Pop Miniatures and Cipher Studios).
- Rules by Alessio Cavatore, David Freeman and Carmen Bellaire.
- Full color, softcover rule book; wraparound cover and lots of new, color artwork.
- 24 Battle Dice, 12 UEDF and 12 Zentraedi.
- 40 color game cards (unit cards, etc.).
- 4x VF-1A Valkyries (in Fighter, Guardian, and Battloid modes).
- 1x VF-1J "Officer" in all three modes.
- 4x Destroids: 2 Tomahawks and 2 Defenders.
- 12x Regult Zentraedi Battlepods.
- 1x Glaug Officer's Battlepod.
- 1x Quel-Regult Recon Battlepod.
- 1x Quel-Gulnau Recovery Pod.
- 1/285th scale, high quality, multi-pose plastic game pieces (40mm to 70mm tall). World-class sculpts from sculptors around the world.
- Game rules use D6.
- Turn-based system of play.
- Scalable from small squad skirmishes to mass battles. Can accommodate two to several players.
- Combat is fast and designed to emulate the anime action.
- Measuring tape required to determine targets and distance.
- Small parts and some assembly required. Game pieces come unpainted.
- Release Date: Barring any further delays, the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ box game and initial expansion sets ship January 2014.
- $90 retail price (tentative). The price of the final box set is not yet determined, but we want to hold it around $90.
- Cat. No. 55100 (Main Boxed Game).
The First Six Robotech® Expansion Packs
The initial expansion packs will also ship in January. All prices listed are likely, but still tentative. We want most packs to fall in the $25-$35 price range.
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing (2x each, Fighter, Guardian, Battloid) – Cat. No. 55201 – $30.00 retail (tentative).
- UEDF Destroid Pack (2x Tomahawks, 2x Defenders) – Cat. No. 55202 – $30.00 (tentative).
- UEDF Spartan Pack (2x Spartans, 2x Phalanxes) – Cat. No. 55203 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepod Squadron (6x Regults) – Cat. No. 55401 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Support Battlepods (4x Artillery Battlepods) – Cat. No. 55402 – $30.00 (tentative).
- Zentraedi Command Pack (1x Glaug, 1x Quel-Regult, 1x Quel-Gulnau) – Cat. No. 55403 – $35.00 (tentative).
- Additional expansion packs to be released in waves every few months, 4-8 at a time, throughout 2014. More will follow.
- Palladium plans to release the mecha and settings for ALL eras of Robotech®. Many other details are still in development.
- Tournament play support is planned. Ninja Division will help Palladium to develop and launch the program.
Robotech® Macross® Saga Sourcebook – New Size
Available now – 8½ x 11 size
All the famous mecha and action of Robotech® starts here with the Macross® Saga when an alien armada enters Earth orbit. They have come to reclaim a lost spacecraft that crash-landed on Earth 10 years earlier. A space fortress that Earth’s protectors have rebuilt into their own flagship against alien invasion. The resulting conflict gives birth to heroes and becomes the stuff of legend, but the Earth will never be the same. Robotech® The Macross® Saga Sourcebook is now available as an 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook.
Note: This is the setting for Robotech® RPG Tactics™, so if you’re looking for more information about the mecha, Earth’s defenders, the Zentraedi invaders, and the Macross Saga setting, this is the book for you. Epic adventure awaits.
A Robotech® Role-Playing Game Sourcebook:
- Transformable Veritech Fighters known as Valkyries take to the sky to defend the Earth.
- Destroids, giant walking tanks, are among Earth’s front-line defenders.
- The SDF-1 and Earth air, ground and space combat vehicles.
- Zentraedi mecha, powered armor suits, and select spacecraft.
- The Zentraedi warriors, their war machines and culture.
- Notable characters from the TV series statted out.
- Quick Character Creation Tables enable you to make Macross characters in 15 minutes or less.
- New skills and M.O.S. skill bundles.
- The Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® RPG “rule book” is needed to play (Cat. No. 550 or 550HC).
- 128 pages – $16.95 – Cat. No. 551 – standard 8½ x 11 size – Available now.
BACK IN PRINT
Rifts® Ultimate Edition
Imagine a world setting that is Earth 300 years after an apocalypse that results in the return of magic. Now imagine a world where magic and super-science collide. Where cyborgs and men clad in power armor and giant robots clash with demons, dragons and sorcerers.
Now imagine lines of blue, magic energy rippling across the land. Where two or more of those lines cross, there is a tear in the fabric of space and time. A Rift to infinite worlds and realities that have unleashed an endless cavalcade of aliens, mutants and monsters into our world. Some are adventurers like you, others are invaders, some are slaves or prisoners, and still others are demonic nightmares and gods from ancient myths. All now make Earth their home or hunting ground. Welcome to Rifts®.
Rifts® combines the genres of science fiction, fantasy, horror and post-apocalypse (among others) in a plausible setting where adventure is limited only by your imagination and the possibilities are truly infinite.
- 33 O.C.C.s – Bursters, Crazies, Cyber-Knights, Dog Boys, Glitter Boys, Juicers, Ley Line Walkers, Mind Melters, Psi-Stalkers, dragons, mutants & more.
- The Coalition States – heroes or villains?
- Coalition O.C.C.s, gear and States described.
- Psionic powers and characters.
- Magic spells and Techno-Wizardry.
- Techno-Wizard device construction rules.
- World information and background to set the stage for adventure.
- All the info you need to play is contained in this core rule book.
- Color end sheets painted by John Zeleznik. Cover by Scott Johnson.
- 24 pages of color, 75+ color images; great art throughout.
- Created and written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 90+ sourcebooks to expand your Rifts® adventures.
- 376 pages – Cat. No. 800HC – $39.95 – Hardcover.
BACK IN PRINT: Chi-Town Pencil
Do Not Remove — Property of the Chi-Town Library
They’re fun and silly, and Rifts® gamers love them, so we pressed a new batch of Chi-Town Library pencils. They look great on the gaming table.
- Printed on each are the words: Do Not Remove — Property of the Chi-Town Library.
- 50 cents each – Cat. No. 2561 – No. 2 pencil. Available now.
BACK IN PRINT: Villains Unlimited™
More than 80 villains with complete stats, background and motives for trouble. And lots of other epic source material.
- 80+ villains.
- Rules for designing your own super-organization.
- S.C.R.E.T. – Superbeing Control Retrieval and Elimnation Team.
- The Jury – are they heroes or villains?
- Fabricators Inc. – the weapons and armor suppliers to the criminal underworld.
- Magic Tattoos and more.
- All of the above serve as catalysts for adventure.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Kevin Long.
- 224 pages – $24.95 – Cat. No. 501 – Available now.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- The Rifter® #49-52 recently added – available now.
- Splicers® RPG.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-52.
- The Best of The Rifter®.
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
© Copyright 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.