Palladium Books® Weekly Update – April 25, 2013
By Kevin Siembieda
The Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter is up, running, and doing excellent. I've done a few Kickstarter related interviews (including two with MTV Geek) and Wayne, Alex and I have been spending time on promoting the launch when not working on books. Meanwhile, we are pounding away on new book releases like The Rifter® #62 and Northern Gun One and Two, all of which are getting closer to launch. We’ve also done advertisements and have been prepping for Anime North which is just a few weeks away! The days are flying by at lightning speed. We’re dizzy from the long hours and raw excitement, but we’ll try to give you a full Weekly Update before we collapse in a heap.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
The launch of the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter was exhilarating and scary at the same time. There was a ton of prep work. Thank goodness Ninja Division is handling 98% of that as well as managing the Kickstarter. Still, we had e-mailings to write and send, updates to make on the Palladium website, Facebook updates, approvals and input on the Kickstarter and continuing work on the game line, interviews, phone calls to dozens of other people, and so on. When the first day of launch blew past the $70,000 goal in the three hours, the congratulatory calls and emails started to pour in.
The BIG reveals! Numerous new game pieces have been revealed and made available. One of the most anticipated was the Mk.II Monster, and I think the Gnerl Fighter surprised and pleased a lot of people. Here’s a list of everything so far, with much more to come.
- Mk.II Monster.
- Daedalus Attack – 3 Mk.II Monsters, and 8 Destroids which can be built in any combination of Tomahawks or Defenders, plus Destroid Game Cards.
- Spartan Pack – 1 Spartan and 1 Phalanx.
- Destroid Double Pack – 2 Tomahawks and 2 Defenders (4 game pieces).
- Valkyrie Wing – 2 Valkyries in all three modes (6 game pieces).
- VF-1S – in all three modes.
- Roy Fokker Valkyrie – in all three modes.
- UEDF Dice Pack – 12 custom UEDF dice.
- Zentraedi Dice Pack – 12 custom Zentraedi dice.
- Gnerl Fighter.
- Zentraedi Command Pack – 1 Glaug Officer’s Pod and 1 Recon Battlepod, plus Game Cards.
- Regult Battlepod Squadron – Tactical Battlepods and squadron cards.
- MANY, many more sculpts and add-ons to be unveiled. Ninja Division doesn’t want us to reveal what’s coming in advance. (Yes, the folks at ND may seem like nice people creating a wonderful Robotech® product line, but they are evil, I tell you. Evil!) So all I can say is, “If you have seen it in the TV series, and it’s mecha, odds are it will be made available in the Kickstarter as we reach new goals.” Keep watching and let others know when something cool appears. (Of course, it’s all cool.) As I have said, we want to make this Kickstarter and product line epic, and a true delight for Robotech® fans. Help us give you everything your heart could desire during the Kickstarter.
We still have 25 days to go and need you to continue to spread the word. The greater the success of the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter, the more we can do to make the product line amazing, and get the boxed set and expansion packs out faster.
This helps Palladium in many other ways. The excitement and buzz of the Kickstarter brings more eyeballs to Palladium Books and increases awareness of ALL our games. That also increases sales across the board and attracts new gamers discovering our games for the very first time. A successful Kickstarter helps to ensure a successful retail launch later this year which will make Palladium stronger. Strong sales and increased resources will enable Palladium to do much more with the many role-playing game projects we want to get into your hands. You already know about many of them, some we’ve only hinted at, and others have been cloaked in secrecy.
Please support the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter, even in small ways, and spread the word about it everywhere. But only spend what you can afford.
For those of you new to Kickstarters, you’ll want to check out the FAQ at the bottom of the page and the small Update tab at the top of the page for more info, insight and updates. Something NEW is added every day or few days, sometimes more than once per day – new stretch goals, new add-on items, new photos and information, etc. — so check back often, and again, spread the word. Thanks.
Interviews with Kevin Siembieda at MTV Geek
I have done a few Robotech® RPG Tactics™ interviews with MTV Geek. Part One of a new, long interview went up today, Part Two will appear tomorrow. Check ‘em out. Here’s the link: http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/04/25/kevin-siembieda-robotech/
Interview with Kevin Siembieda at cravengames.com
I did a long, fun interview with Brant Polkowski at cravengames.com about Robotech® RPG Tactics™ a couple days before the Kickstarter launch. I was tired and running on pure adrenaline, so I was a bit hyper, I think, but everyone seems to enjoy it.
More interviews with me and perhaps some of the other guys behind the game are likely to be happening in the weeks to come. We’ll let you know as they happen. NOTE: I and others involved in the creation of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ are happy to do interviews, podcasts and such with any interested news and gaming venues. Just give the Palladium office a call to make arrangements (734-721-2903). We want to spread the word everywhere. Thanks.
Palladium at Anime North – May 24-26, 2013
Palladium Books and many of our creators will be invading Anime North, running games, selling product, signing autographs and having a blast. This will be my first time at a major convention in Canada (Toronto area) in something like 20 years. So please come on down and have some fun with the Palladium crew!
Palladium Related Anime North Highlights:
- Meet Palladium Founder, Writer and Game Designer Kevin Siembieda.
- Meet Palladium Writer and Game Designer Carmen Bellaire.
- Meet Palladium Editor Wayne Smith.
- Meet Palladium Writer Matthew Clements.
- Meet Palladium Writer Greg Diaczyk.
- Meet Palladium Writer Braden Campbell.
- Carmen Bellaire to run Robotech® RPG Tactics™ demos! Carmen is one of the game rules designers behind Robotech® RPG Tactics™ along with David Freeman of Ninja Division, legendary Alessio Cavatore, and others. Carmen will be running demos of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ all three days, May 24, 25 and 26, which means those who participate will be among the very first to get a look at this fun, fast-paced Robotech game from one of the creators!
- I, Kevin Siembieda, am the winner of the prestigious Momiji Award for achievements in promoting anime and Canada. How cool is that? I couldn’t believe it when I got the news. There will be an award ceremony, a short speech and everything. I am very, very honored.
- I, Kevin Siembieda, will be participating in many panel talks and running a game or two. I am happy to sign autographs and chat with fans at the panel talks, after the talks and all weekend long at the Palladium Booth located in the Guest Autograph area.
- Palladium Dealer Tables in the Guest Autograph area. We’ll bring a good selection of Palladium products, new releases, art prints and other goodies. Plus, Wayne Smith, Matthew Clements, Carmen Bellaire, Greg Diaczyk, Braden Campbell and all Palladium creators present are available to chat and sign autographs.
- We are coming to Canada and Anime North to have a rip-snorting, fun weekend. Please visit to say hello and to join the fun.
Anime North is a mixed media event that includes gaming, anime, cosplay, and fun. For more information go to http://www.animenorth.com
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook – Available now!
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook hits the sweet spot. People are enjoying it so much that fans and friends have been calling the office and sending emails and Private Messages to let us know just how much they like it. Thank you, we aim to please. I think you’ll have the same reaction to the two Rifts® Northern Gun books, coming very soon.
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook Sneak Preview – available now on DriveThruRPG.com
Don’t forget, the FREE Sneak Preview of Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook is available on DriveThruRPG.com for your enjoyment. There are also previews available for Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ (Revised Edition), Rifts® Black Market, Rifts® Lemuria, Dead Reign™ RPG, Endless Dead™ sourcebook and others. The original Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms World Book is also available as a PDF on DriveThruRPG, for those of you who may be interested.
More than 90 other Palladium titles can be found on DriveThruRPG.com as PDFs, including Splicers®, Rifts® RPG (the edition before RUE), The Rifter® #1-52, and first edition rule books and sourcebooks for Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Heroes Unlimited™, The Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy, Beyond the Supernatural™ and lots of other good titles. DriveThruRPG.com also offers the Rifts® and Palladium Fantasy® Game Master Kits ($5 each; both written by Carl Gleba and complete with maps, combat matrix, character sheets, spell list, and 20 pre-rolled characters created by Julius Rosenstein).
BACK IN PRINT: Palladium Fantasy®: Old Ones™ – Ships Wednesday
This ever popular Fantasy title contains nearly 50 different locations, each mapped and described, plus adventures, adventure ideas, O.C.C.s like the Monk, Illusionist, Witch and Chaos Priest, and the Old Ones. It is back in print as a special, short run printing. Written by Kevin Siembieda. 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 453. Back in stock and ready to ship Wednesday, May 1.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #62 will ship in May
This issue is truly epic and . . . um, late. This is only the second time in The Rifter’s 16 year history that an issue has missed its Month of release date. We did what we could, but the demands on Wayne’s time were such that we just couldn’t get the issue done. It is in final production right now, and ships around May 14.
The good news is, this issue of The Rifter® is soooo good that it should almost be a separate sourcebook all by itself. Wayne, Alex, the contributors and I, have been working overtime to make this issue truly spectacular. There are 20 pages of “official” Rifts® Vampires source material, new Necromancy spells that may also be official, a Northern Gun sneak peek, some Heroes Unlimited material and a castle with dozens of maps and detailed floor plans for your Palladium Fantasy® campaign (use it anywhere) or adapt it for use in any setting where a castle is appropriate. Plus the usual news and information. See the more complete description later is this update.
Why is this issue so special and so full of “official” source material? Because we are on fire when it comes to ideas and creativity. The ideas won’t stop coming and we want to share them with YOU. We had actually considered taking the vampire material and turning it into an additional adventure sourcebook for the Vampire Kingdoms, but that would have meant either putting it aside for 6-12 months or further delay a number of books that you have already been waiting for much too long (Northern Gun 1 & 2, Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames, and Robotech® UEEF Marines, to name just a few). Rather than make you wait, or delay books further, we thought we’d drop them into The Rifter® #62 so you can get the material NOW, should you want it. We thought the timing was perfect as The Rifter® #62 will be released only a few weeks after Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook and before Northern Gun One. And remember, The Rifter® costs less than most sourcebooks ($11.95, 96 pages), so it’s a good deal. That’s our logic, anyway. I hope you enjoy this issue.
UPDATE: Rifts® Northern Gun™ One and Two
With Chuck Walton working on NG art at the Palladium offices, EVERYONE who visits sees his art when they walk through the front door. Even business people not into games have been blown away. The most recent pair of non-gamers to visit exclaimed (and I’m not kidding), “What is this place!? What do you do here? This is amazing!”
Yeah, that’s how rockin’ the art and designs for Rifts® Northern Gun™ One are. And not just Chuck’s artwork, but every contributor. No promises, but I’m shooting to have the writing done and the book in layout stage two weeks from now. I want the book to the printer before we leave for Anime North and ready to ship as soon as we get back. Northern Gun™ Two is the book we dive into after that.
Pumping out books
Now that the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter is off to a good start, we at Palladium are refocusing the bulk of our energy to getting role-playing game books into your hands. The Rifter® #62 will ship next month and so should Rifts® Northern Gun™ One. And we have many exciting role-playing game products in the pipeline. Meanwhile, please continue to help make the Robotech® Kickstarter a success. Thanks. Keep the faith and those imaginations burning bright. Great things are coming all year long.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Gamer
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – Available Now
New secrets, new monsters and danger, new places to explore, new magic to wield, dark magic and forces to fear, new trouble and adventure in Mexico and the Yucatan. New conflicts between rival forces are brewing as Doc Reid prepares to take his private war with the vampires to a whole new level. Meanwhile, the vampires live like smug tyrants and gods, dominating an underclass of slaves and people used as cattle to feed upon. Learn more about the vampires, their rivals, allies and the humans who willingly serve them. A must-have guide for those who wish to travel deeper into the Vampire Kingdoms or play as vampires and their human minions.
- Vampire Hunter weapons and equipment.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and special gear.
- Lemurian gifts to better fight vampires.
- The horror of Soulcrafting and Dark Weapons.
- Hero Necromancers and their role in fighting vampires.
- Fort Reid, an entire city devoted to hunting the undead.
- The history and stats for Doc Reid, his top leaders and Reid’s Rangers.
- Deathspike – the vampires’ own high-tech answer to Vampire Hunters.
- The Yucatan Peninsula and its many monsters and mysteries.
- Animated dead, mummies and zombies used to fight vampires.
- New strategies and tactics for fighting vampires, plus Mage Vampire Hunters, D-Bee Vampire Hunters, Bandit Vampire Hunters, and other slayers of the undead.
- Werejaguar Vampire Hunters and other werebeasts.
- Firefighting robots, hover firetrucks and more anti-vampire gear.
- Tampico Military Protectorate expanded with much more detail.
- The human strongholds such as Tampico, Monterrey, Silver City, the Crystal Caves, Acapulco, Ocotlan and others.
- The Mayan god Camazotz, Lord of Bats and Darkness.
- Desert Survival rules and more. Yes, more!
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes.
- Art by Amy L. Ashbaugh, Nick Bradshaw, Kent Burles, Mark Dudley, Kevin Long, Allen and Brian Manning, Mike Mumah and Chuck Walton.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements, Christopher Kluge and Braden Campbell.
- 176 pages – $20.95 – Cat. No. 884. Available now. Place your order.
- Check out the free Sneak Preview on DriveThruRPG.com!
BACK IN PRINT: Palladium Fantasy® Book Two: Old Ones
This is a massive adventure book, with maps and descriptions of more than 50 locations in the Timiro Kingdom. As if that were not enough to make this the ultimate adventure book, there is also information about the Old Ones and a few O.C.C.s.
- 50+ cities, towns, and forts described and mapped. Each suitable as a place for adventure.
- 7 fully fleshed out adventures and scores of adventure ideas.
- Includes the fabled “Place of Magic,” an ancient Dwarven Ruin reputed to date back to the Elf-Dwarf War.
- Minotaur R.C.C., Illusionist P.C.C. and Monk/Scholar O.C.C.
- Background and rumors about the Old Ones and adventure galore.
- Travel notes, world information about Timiro and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- $24.95 – 224 pages. Cat. No. 453. Available now.
BACK IN PRINT: Rifts® World Book 22: Free Quebec
This World Book contains a wealth of information about Free Quebec, Glitter Boys and notable people and places.
- Overview of Free Quebec and its military.
- 6 Quebec Military O.C.C.s including variant Glitter Boy Pilots.
- 6 types of Glitter Boys plus the Glitter Boy Sidekick.
- Pale Death SAMAS and other Quebec power armor.
- Free Quebec’s Navy, Cyborgs and technology.
- Notable places, including Old Bones and various combat groups.
- Many adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Francois DesRochers.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 837. Ships May 1.
The Rifter® #62 – Ships May 14, 2013
Sorry for the rare delay of this product, but this issue of The Rifter® is truly going to be spectacular with as many as 48 pages of “official” source material for Rifts® (20 pages of “official” Rifts® Vampires source material, new Necromancy spells, a Northern Gun mech, and the missing Rifts® Black Market experience tables!), detailed castle floor plans and descriptions that can be dropped into any Palladium Fantasy® campaign anywhere you need one, some epic Heroes Unlimited source material I may expand into a complete sourcebook in the future, plus news and information.
Since 2013 is the Palladium Fantasy® RPG’s 30 Year Anniversary, we are trying to include something special for the Fantasy RPG line in every issue. This issue has that detailed castle and many maps/floor plans, and the cover reprints the popular Kevin Long Palladium Fantasy RPG® cover from the 1980s. In fact, EVERY cover of The Rifter® in 2013 will be a fantasy illustration. Last issue was Amy L. Ashbaugh, this issue a classic Kevin Long, next issue’s cover will be by John Zeleznik and the October issue will be by Chuck Walton (we want to keep Charles working away on Northern Gun). Note: Writers & Game Masters, if you have some awesome Fantasy material (large or small) you’ve been thinking about sending in for The Rifter®, this is the time to do so. Thanks!
And The Rifter® is a bargain. Since this publication is a special product, it only costs $11.95 for a 96 page book. That’s less than what we charge for a 64 page sourcebook!
Each and every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory that helps players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and keep their games fresh. It provides useful, ready to go, source material gamers can just drop into their ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new monsters, villains, characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, adventure and ideas for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least two or three other Palladium game lines.
The Rifter® Number 62 includes:
- Rifts® – OFFICIAL Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook Bonus Material – by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements. Awesome, fun stuff we cut from the sourcebook due to page count considerations. Heck, we had already increased the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook from 96 pages to 128, and then to 160. The book finally topped out at 176 pages and we still had source material and ideas that Kevin Siembieda finished up for inclusion in this issue of The Rifter®.
- More about the secret vampire special forces organization, Deathspike.
- More Deathspike O.C.C.s including Werewolf Agents.
- Two notable Deathspike leaders.
- The vampires’ Top Ten Enemies List.
- Vampire Harvesters and their “Meat Wagons.”
- Some additional vampire fighting gear.
- 11 Hook, Line and Sinker Adventures.
- Rifts® – OFFICIAL Black Market O.C.C. Experience Tables – by Kevin Siembieda. Please note that the Experience Tables will also be made available online for free in the next week or so. Please make sure people who purchased Rifts® Black Market know about that.
- Rifts® – OFFICIAL Necromancy and Bone Magic spells. What else is there to say than more magic and darkness for your Necromancers (and the African Witch)?
- Rifts® Northern Gun™ Sneak Preview. Kevin is selecting one of the NG Robots and artwork to give you another taste of what’s coming in May. Also see the more expansive, FREE Rifts® Northern Gun™ Advance Preview that has been available on DriveThruRPG.com.
- Palladium Fantasy® source material. A very detailed presentation of a castle with dozens of maps and floor plans, plus a general description.
- Heroes Unlimited source material for making your heroes international police. It is an idea that Kevin Siembieda thought was so perfect for a setting with superhumans that he is thinking about expanding this material into an entire sourcebook.
- Other source material.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- 96 pages – Still only $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 162. Ships May 14, 2013.
Rifts® World Book 33: Northern Gun™ One
Northern Gun™ is the largest independent manufacturer of high-tech weapons, robots and vehicles in North America. Outside of the Coalition States, one could argue, no other kingdom is as powerful or influential, at least when it comes to technology and weapons. The manufacture and sale of Northern Gun weapons and vehicles has given virtually every kingdom, town, colony of settlers and adventurer group a chance to survive and prosper. Located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, NG has been the premier outfitter of mercenaries, adventurers and upstart kingdoms for generations. Now, for the first time ever, learn Northern Gun’s history, goals and plans for the future. Of course, that means new weapons, robots, power armor, vehicles and gear.
- In-depth look at Northern Gun and its business operations.
- Ishpeming, the face and people of Northern Gun.
- Northern Gun weapons and combat gear; new and old.
- Northern Gun robot drones; new and old.
- Northern Gun giant combat robots; new and old.
- Northern Gun freighters and hover trains.
- Northern Gun O.C.C.s and enforcers.
- The NG Mercenary army and police.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts® Earth.
- Key locations, people and sales outlets in and around Northern Gun.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the Coalition States, Triax Industries, the Black Market and others.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Wraparound cover by Chuck Walton.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 887 – May release.
- Check out the free Advance Preview on DriveThruRPG.com!
Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two
More information about the weapons, vehicles and practices of Northern Gun, including the new rage of robot gladiatorial combat.
- Northern Gun body armor; new and old.
- Bionic and cybernetic services.
- Northern Gun power armors; new and old.
- Northern Gun hovercycles & land vehicles; new and old.
- Northern Gun aircraft; new and old.
- Northern Gun boats, ships and submarines; new and old.
- Northern Gun Robot Gladiatorial Arena; new!
- Robot Gladiator O.C.C. and robot gladiators.
- Pirates and more.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Wraparound cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 888 – June release.
Rifts® World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. Demons, Deevils and supernatural beings run rampant and wreak havoc across the world.
- Demon plagues and mystic blights.
- Soulmancy and Blood Magic revealed.
- Magical and demonic weapons and war machines.
- Demonic armies, strongholds and places of evil.
- Hell Pits and Rune Forges.
- Many Demon Lords, their minions and plans.
- Calgary, the Kingdom of Monsters; in detail.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Epic battles and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Part of the Minion War “Crossover” series.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. Early 2013 release.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, strategy battle game that expands on the popular Palladium role-playing system to enter new realms of adventure.
Mecha vs Mecha. Take command of the fighting forces of the United Earth Defense Force (UEDF) valiantly defending Earth from alien annihilation. Or lead the massive clone armies of the Zentraedi Armada to recover an alien artifact of immense power and enslave humankind.
Collect your favorites from an expanding range of world-class game pieces and relive the massive battles on your tabletop at home to enhance your Robotech® RPG adventures or as a stand-alone tactical game.
- A video demonstration of game play is available on the Kickstarter page.
- Images of the gorgeous sculpts are on the Kickstarter page and in the Update file of the Kickstarter.
- Full color, 90+ page, softcover rule book; wraparound cover and lots of new, color artwork.
- 24 Battle Dice.
- 40 color game cards (unit cards, etc.).
- 4x VF-1A Valkyries (in Fighter, Guardian, and Battloid modes).
- 1x VF-1J "Officer" in all three modes.
- 2x Destroids (includes parts to make them Tomahawks, Defenders, or one of each).
- 12x Regult Zentraedi Battlepods.
- 1x Glaug Officer's Battlepod.
- 1/285th scale, high quality, multi-pose plastic game pieces (40mm to 70mm tall). World-class sculpts from sculptors around the world.
- Game rules use D6.
- Turn-based system of play.
- Scalable from small squad skirmishes to mass battles. Can accommodate two to several players.
- Combat is fast and designed to emulate the anime action.
- Measuring tape required to determine targets and distance.
- Tournament play support is planned. Ninja Division will help Palladium to develop and launch the program.
- Barring any unexpected delays, the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ box game and initial expansion sets should go to manufacturing quickly after the Kickstarter. An exact street date is unknown at this time and we’d rather not speculate, but definitely 2013.
- Retail price for the box set is not yet determined, but we want to hold it at the $80-$90 range. Expansion kits will fall into the range common for this type of item.
- Several expansion kits will be released at the same time as the box set. More will follow. Exactly how many, and how fast, will depend on the level of success we see with the Kickstarter.
- There will be more reveals as the Kickstarter continues.
- The Kickstarter will be updated on a regular basis. Ninja Division is managing the Kickstarter.
- Palladium plans to release the mecha and settings for ALL eras of Robotech®. Many other details are still in development. Some will depend on the success of the Kickstarter.
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is designed in partnership with Ninja Division. Ninja Division brings together the design talents of Soda Pop Miniatures and Cipher Studios, makers of Super Dungeon™ Explore, Relic Knights™, Helldorado™ and Anima Tactics™, to bring you the best quality game pieces, design and rules for Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and all of your Robotech® adventures. Rules by David Freeman, Carmen Bellaire, Alessio Cavatore and others.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- The Rifter® #49-52 recently added – available now.
- Splicers® RPG.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-52.
- The Best of The Rifter®.
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
Dead Reign™ RPG – Back in print, and hot, hot, hot
Can you survive the zombie apocalypse?
Yes, you may think so. But there is only one way to find out for sure: Play the Dead Reign™ RPG. The core rule book is all you need to start playing. Rules are easy. Character creation is fast and fun. Combat, quick and deadly. Survival? Harder than you might think. Good luck.
Dead Reign™ RPG is the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse. Civilization is gone, the dead reign, and the living fight to survive against impossible odds. Battle zombies, mad men and death cultists in a post-apocalyptic world where the last of humanity struggles to survive. Think you know zombies? Think again.
- Easy to learn, easy to play, and fast paced.
- Clean, simple rules and quick character generation, and a depth of information and setting.
- 7 different types of zombies.
- Zombie combat and survival tips.
- 6 Apocalyptic Character Classes & Ordinary People. 40+ occupations to choose from.
- 101 Random Scenarios, Encounters and Settings.
- 100 Random Corpse Searches and other tables.
- Weapons, vehicles, and places of note.
- Death Cults, their Priests, power over zombies and goals.
- Quick Roll Character Creation tables (10 minutes).
- A complete role-playing game.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Josh Hilden and Joshua Sanford.
- $22.95 retail – 224 pages – Cat. No. 230. Available now.
Dead Reign™ Sourcebooks
Civilization Gone™: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook One. There is no army, no government, no help coming. You are on your own and things are only getting worse. Villains include madmen and pychopaths, bandits and raiders. Many random tables for encounters, houses, and survivor camp creation, and more. $12.95 – 64 pages. Cat. No. 231.
Dark Places™: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Two. Using railroad tracks and subways, sewer tunnels, steam tunnels and other dark places to travel undetected by zombies. Many tables for random encounters, boxcar contents, zombies and more. Survival tips, new zombies like the Bug Boy, Sewer Crawler and Impersonator. $12.95 – 64 pages. Cat. No. 232.
Endless Dead™: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three. Zombie hordes grow in number and strangeness. Where is the military? What’s next for the living survivors? Many new types of zombies, new O.C.C.s like the Wheelman and Zombie Hunter, the military and random tables for military bases, police and other places. Plus weaponizing vehicles, vehicle combat, Survivor caravans, and more. $16.95 – 96 pages. Cat. No. 233.
Anime North – May 24-26, 2013 – Toronto, Canada – www.animenorth.com
Kevin Siembieda is one of the Guests of Honor, but several Palladium creators will be at Anime North in Toronto, Canada, to meet and game with you. The event takes place Memorial Day weekend, May 24-26, 2013. Wayne Smith and one or two other Palladium creators will also be present to chat and sign autographs. We are bringing a pile of books, prints and other goodies to sell in the dealers’ room. www.animenorth.com
Gen Con® Indy – August 15-18, 2013 – Indianapolis, Indiana
We can hardly wait for Gen Con this year as we hope to have advance copies of Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Defense of Macross Island™ there. Not to mention a stock of new releases from throughout the year. We may even need to expand the size of our booth. Hope to see many of you there.
Game Masters, submit your events by tomorrow, March 15 to get into the Gen Con program book! See http://www.gencon.com/host/eo-gm for more details.
Note: There will be no Palladium Open House in 2013 or 2014.
© Copyright 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.