Palladium Books® Weekly Update – January 10, 2013
By Kevin Siembieda
We have hit the ground with both feet and running. We are all driven to pound out new releases that will delight and impress throughout the New Year. And we’re off to a good start on many fronts.
In fact, I have been so focused on getting books finished and to the printer, that I haven’t had time to write any Murmurs from the Megaverse® or post on Facebook since New Year’s Eve. Heck, I haven’t even checked my email the past two days. Crazy. I’ll try to get back to writing a Murmur and posting on Facebook every day or two, starting today.
LAST 3 Days – Surprise Package offer is ENDING
Before I forget, the Christmas Surprise Package offer officially ENDS Sunday, January 13, 2013, at Midnight! This is your last 3 days to place an order for the 2012 Christmas Surprise Package. This offer will NOT be extended. Sometime after Midnight, January 13th, Pacific time, Wayne will take the offer down from our website. I’ll try to distract him with piles of work to delay that process on Monday, but sometime early on Monday, the offer will come down. So if you want one of these amazing Grab Bags, you need to do it NOW. This is your last chance! Spread the word, order and game on! Ho, ho, ho.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #61
The Rifter® #61 is done and at the printer. It is another great issue, filled with a wealth of source material that can be used in a wide range of world settings, including Heroes Unlimited™, After the Bomb®, Rifts®, Phase World® and the Three Galaxies™, and others. See the updated description elsewhere in this Update.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook
I have been on fire the last few days writing the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. And I mean on fire. I think this book is going to be so much more than most gamers are expecting. After I read to Alex the opening of the book, involving Doc Reid, his reaction was, “Wow. It was so visual I feel like I just watched a scene from a movie written and directed by Quentin Tarantino.” Perfect, that’s exactly the reaction I wanted. And what a compliment. I didn’t realize I was channeling Tarantino when I wrote it, but yeah, that’s perfect. Nick Bradshaw had a similar reaction when I just told him about the opening and some of the highlights in the book. Yep, Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook is gonna blow people away. I hope you Game Masters and gamers are ready for some high-powered adventure, because you’re going to want to go vampire slaying after reading this book. See the updated description elsewhere in this Update.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Defense of Macross Island™ – Palladium’s box game that will launch a line of 1/285th game pieces for all eras of Robotech® mecha and spaceships, is in full development and on the fast track to production. Sculptors are sculpting, artists are drawing, writers are working on the rules, and people are already scheduled for playing testing parts of it.
UPDATE: Northern Gun One
Chuck Walton has turned in more art and it’s impressive to say the least. With poor Mike Mumah out of commission for who knows how long (he had a debilitating stroke just before Christmas), Chuck has agreed to do some additional pieces of artwork, and so has Nick Bradshaw. I hope to get Allen and Brian Manning as well as Mike Wilson, Mark Dudley, Kent Burles and Ben Rodriguez on board to do the rest of the artwork Mike was supposed to tackle. FYI: Any delay should be slight, and this book is going to be epic. As soon as I’m finished with Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook I dive full-force into this puppy.
UPDATE: Northern Gun Two
Pretty much the same as above. Artwork for it is already being done.
UPDATE: UEEF Marines Sourcebook One
I’m expecting to get the finished manuscript for it by the end of January. This is another book I want in your hands by Spring.
UPDATE: Dead Reign™ RPG – The Zombie Apocalypse
We were running really low on this popular title and thought we might run out before the third printing, but it arrived this morning from the printer. Just in time too, because we only had one case left. If you haven’t tried Dead Reign™, but enjoy zombie storylines, this RPG is for you. It is also an excellent introductory game for people new to role-playing or new to Palladium Books.
UPDATE: Mike Mumah
Mike’s condition is stable and he has been transferred from the hospital to a rehab facility. There Mike will get speech and physical therapy. Our prayers and warmest wishes are with him.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Gamer
Surprise Package Offer ENDS – Sunday, January 13, 2013
This is your last weekend to order a 2012 Christmas Surprise Package. The offer ends after Midnight on Sunday, January 13, 2013, Pacific Time. Wayne Smith, wicked old Grinch that he is, will take the offer down sometime after Midnight on Monday. Order this weekend or miss out. The offer will NOT be extended.
We extended the offer to January 13 because we realize many of you need it to purchase a Palladium Surprise Package for yourself or as gifts for upcoming birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine’s Day, graduation, etc., as well as getting in that last chance to fill holes in your collection or get special items like prints and original artwork. It is also Palladium’s way to carry that holiday good cheer into the New Year. Get yours before they are gone!
The Palladium Christmas Surprise Package offer
This is the perfect way to start the New Year. Try new game settings, fill in your collection, stock up on reading material for the winter, get gifts for other occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine’s Day, etc.) and acquire books and artwork with autographs. Order yours today, and be certain to provide a nice, looong Wish List of currently available books (12+ items) and we’ll do our best to delight you with your Surprise Package.
● $85-$95 worth of product for only about $45 or so in every Palladium Christmas Surprise Package! These days, that’s the price of a core rule book or two supplements. And sometimes the crazy Publisher includes even more value than that!
● Autographs in every book in your Surprise Package, upon request if you want them. For many gamers this is the only way to get signed books.
● Get original artwork. The inclusion of art is considered only for those who request it, and depending on the size, subject and quality of the art, you may only get the art and one or two other items. (The typical piece of original art is 8½ x 11 and has a value of $30-$60.)
● Get other goodies like limited edition prints, posters, back issues of The Rifter®, game settings you’ve been meaning to try, T-shirts, coffee mugs, bookmarks, magnets, Chi-Town Library pencils, and other Palladium goodies.
● A Special Gift – Mike Mumah, color, Santa Print. This fun Mike Mumah Santa on the Day After Christmas color print ($10 value) is signed by me, Kevin Siembieda. The first 275 people to order one or more Surprise Packages after Christmas during the extended offer period get one of these prints. Available only while supplies last, and we are running low (probably about 40 prints left). Mike did this illustration before his stroke as a gift to me, the Palladium crew and the entire Palladium family. Including it in the post-holiday Surprise Packages just seemed perfect, especially under the circumstances.
● A Surprise Package is a great gift for ALL gift-giving occasions – birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine’s Day (just around the corner), graduation, and so on.
● It’s a surprise, like a real present, because you never know exactly what you are going to get and it is packed with love!
Placing your Surprise Package order involves you sending Santa Kevin a “Wish List” of 10-12 different in-stock products and a flat payment (+ shipping and handling). I then hand-pick items from that Wish List and I may include product you didn’t ask for (hence the nickname, “X-Mas Grab Bag”), but all things I think you’ll enjoy, and we ship it all off to you. Gamers have been loving this special offer for 14 or 15 years now. Order one or several for yourself and for your gaming buddies. For the holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, or just to get cool stuff and signatures. Get all the information from the description in the online store. The Christmas Surprise Package offer ends January 13, 2013.
Click here for complete details and to place your order.
Good Cheer from the Comments made in Surprise Packages by gamers like you
Since the Christmas Surprise Package deal ends this weekend, I’ve included more gamer comments than usual for your enjoyment. I may post a dozen more next week, but that will be all. I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing your comments and reading those from other gamers and Palladium fans. I know we always enjoy reading brief comments from you. Thank you for your kind words and warm regards.
J.D. in Las Vegas, Nevada, writes: Sorry for your losses. Please give Mike Mumah the fans’ wishes for a speedy recovery. I have had to help others down that path and wish him well. May 2013 be a banner year for you all!!
P.H. in Chicago, Illinois, writes: Just when I thought I had missed the opportunity to treat myself to a Surprise Package after playing Santa to all my family and friends this holiday season, it seems you weren’t quite ready to stop playing Santa yourself. And for that I am truly grateful. Many thanks to the talented, hard-working people at Palladium Books, and best wishes for health and happiness in the coming year.
J.B. in Punta Gorda, Florida, writes: Thank you so much for extending this!!! You guys are awesome!
R.A. in Columbus, Ohio, writes: This is my first Surprise Package purchase despite being an avid, rabid, fan since high school. Family fun night is me as G.M. with the characters of the wife and kids trying to stay alive. I love Palladium Books. Thought it was awesome growing up in North Carolina playing a game designed by guys from my home State; I was born in Pontiac and lived in Flint, Michigan, for many years as a kid. Keep rocking. And put out more stuff for Palladium Fantasy RPG, PLEASE!!
S.C. in Hopedale, Massachusetts, writes: I got a Grab Bag earlier and utterly loved it – made for a great gift. You guys do an excellent job with these. Truly a bargain and personal at the same time. Now I want to sample the love myself.
S.H. in South Porcupine, Canada, writes: I have to order another, after how much of a hit the Grab Bags were for Christmas.
D.T. in Bellevue, Nevada, writes: Autographs are great! Thank you very much for taking the time to sign each of the books. Your company is extremely generous each year with this offer and is why I always come back to Palladium!
M.M. in Las Vegas, Nevada, writes: You guys have created several great worlds. Keep up the great work!
J.R. in Los Angeles, California, writes: Palladium’s original Robotech® RPG was my first RPG ever. I’ve been a fan for over twenty years. And the Christmas special is the best deal in gaming. Period.
M.V. in Kitchener, Canada, writes [in part]: I am rather partial to Rifts® and Palladium Fantasy®, but am eager to fill in all gaps in my collection. Thank you very much for the first package. It had several books I needed and an excellent piece of artwork. I’ve always been impressed by the care and attention given to your gift packages and hope they’ll be offered for many years to come. Please do keep up the great work at Palladium. You people do incredible work and should be acknowledged for it.
T.R. in Mustang, Oklahoma, writes: I guess since you extended it [the offer] I’m going to have to get another Grab Bag. Thanks, this really helps when you’re trying to collect all the Rifts® books.
E.M. in Charleston, West Virginia, writes: I got this for my fiancé, and he loved it so much that I decided to do it again for our fast approaching anniversary. His one big goal this year is to complete his Palladium Books collection. This will be great way to do that. Thanks for extending this!
P.P. in Comstock, Michigan, writes: Favorites? All of them, but most of all, the games run at the Open House. I know it is a lot of work for you guys and gals, but it brings us from all over the globe just to hang out and game with you guys. It gives all of us fond memories of the game developers as well as a chance to make many more friends around the world.
R.F. in Imperial Beach, California, writes: Long time fan from back in ‘88 when I started with TMNT®, and have kept it all swinging through the years with Rifts® and beyond. I had to run out and get more before the zombies get them all!
G.A. in Fargo, North Dakota, writes: I ordered three of these Christmas Surprise Packages for the first time this year, even though I have seen it advertised in The Rifter® for years. After receiving the X-Mas package, I was amazed. I got 14 of 24 books I asked for, a Santa print, autographs with little sayings written in them. It was great. Thanks to all of you guys and gals from Palladium for the many great years of gaming, and to their spouses and children for being patient enough to let these guys and gals take the time and write such quality material. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and many more to come. Game on.
J.C.Z.P. in Inquique, Tarapaca, Chile, writes [in part]: The X-Mas Surprise Package is a Christmas tradition for me. I’ve done it for two years running. A big hug from Chile, South America. Thank you very much for everything. I wish you much happiness and that Palladium Books continues to grow!
T.T. in Bowmanville, Canada, writes: I love Palladium. You guys are absolutely the best RPG company around. Your customer service is Number One and your books are the best quality at affordable prices.
D.C. in Temple Terrace, Florida, writes: You guys are the best. This is still my favorite RPG system, and I love to see what comes next every time. No one in the RPG community is as dedicated and responsive to their customers as Palladium Books. Thank you for everything you do and keep up the great work!
J.K. in Martinsburg, West Virginia, writes: Always make Palladium games the way they are now. They are exciting and fun to play.
From Kevin and the Palladium Crew: Thank you for your kind words, high praise and warm regards. We’re glad so many of you have enjoyed this season’s Surprise Packages, and are taking advantage of the extended period for the offer (which ends this weekend). Our thanks to the many fans expressing their best wishes to Mike Mumah and a speedy recovery from his stroke. Keep those imaginations burning bright and may you always find the adventures and rewards you deserve. Game on.
The Rifter® #61 – At the Printer
The Rifter® is an idea factory that helps players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and keep their games fresh. It provides useful, ready to go, source material gamers can just drop into their ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new monsters, villains, characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, adventure and ideas for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least two or three other Palladium game lines.
The Rifter® #61 is an extravaganza of source material that deals with a wide range of fun and diverse people, places, mutants, magic, gadgets, equipment and abilities. All certain to provide ideas for new villains and adventures. Many different Palladium RPG settings are represented. This issue includes:
- Rifts®, Phase World® and the Three Galaxies™ – Vergence is a dimension created and inhabited by True Atlanteans and is one of their oldest colonies. As if that weren’t exciting enough, this article includes new Magic Tattoos, the Atlantean Archon O.C.C., new Stone Magic, magic staves, adventure ideas and more.
- Rifts® City of Charter™ – The City of Charter, its history, people, places and purpose.
- After the Bomb® and Heroes Unlimited™ – A host of new Mutant Animals of England. These mutants can be used in Heroes Unlimited™ and adapted to just about any Palladium world setting, including Rifts® and Phase World®, where they could be aliens rather than mutants.
- Heroes Unlimited™ – the British anti-supervillain organization known as C.A.M.E.L.O.T.™, its agents, super-weapons, super-vehicles and purpose. Many adventure ideas.
- Palladium Fantasy®, Short Story – The Heart Taker is a tale of horror and adventure that will leave you breathless.
- ALL Game Settings – Charm & Impress, the Keys to Success offers optional rules and guidelines for using the bonuses for high Physical Beauty.
- News, and lots of it, plus coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- 96 pages – Still only $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 161. Should ship around January 24, 2013.
Dead Reign™ RPG – Back in print
Okay, we never quite ran out. We were down to our last case of books when the third printing arrived from our printer.
Can you survive in a world where the dead have risen and feed upon the living? Battle zombies, mad men and death cultists in a post-apocalyptic world where the last of humanity struggles to survive.
Dead Reign™ RPG is the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse. Civilization is gone, the dead reign, and the living fight to survive against impossible odds. Tales of zombies, human survival and horror as a fast-paced, easy to learn game and sourcebooks. Think you know zombies? Think again.
- Easy to learn, easy to play, and fast paced.
- Clean, simple rules and quick character generation, and a depth of information and setting.
- 7 different types of zombies.
- Zombie combat and survival tips.
- 6 Apocalyptic Character Classes & Ordinary People. 40+ occupations to choose from.
- 101 Random Scenarios, Encounters and Settings.
- 100 Random Corpse Searches and other tables.
- Weapons, vehicles, and places of note.
- Death Cults, their Priests, power over zombies and goals.
- Quick Roll Character Creation tables (10 minutes).
- A complete role-playing game.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Josh Hilden and Joshua Sanford.
- $22.95 retail – 224 pages – Cat. No. 230. Available now.
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – Coming Next!
In final production and looking outstanding. It should go to the printer in January and ship mid-February.
New secrets, magic and monsters of Mexico and the Yucatan. New conflicts between rival forces are brewing as Doc Reid prepares to take his private war on vampires to a whole new level. Meanwhile, the vampires live like smug tyrants and gods, dominating an underclass of cattle people used as slaves and food stock. Learn more about the vampires, their rivals, allies and the humans who willingly serve their supernatural masters for a chance to join the undead. A must-have guide for those who wish to travel deeper into the Vampire Kingdoms or play as vampires and their human minions. In final production right now, with art and text coming in and final editing and writing in progress.
- Updated data on Doc Reid, Reid’s Rangers and new weapons, gear, and strategies for fighting vampire.
- Fort Reid, an entire city devoted to hunting the undead.
- New O.C.C.s like the Bloodwatch Vampire Operative, Silver Swords Militia, Werejaguar Vampire Hunter and the Vampire ‘Borg.
- Vampire Hunter Mages and using Necromancy against vampires.
- Techno-Wizard anti-vampire weapons and magical devices.
- The dark arts of Soulcrafting and the dreaded Soul Forge.
- Firefighting robots, hover firetrucks and more anti-vampire gear.
- More human kingdoms within Mexico like the Tampico Military Protectorate and Durango, the Silver City.
- The Bloodwatch, a secret vampire intelligence agency that tracks down and exterminates Vampire Hunters.
- The Yucatan Peninsula, a mysterious dimensional pocket overrun by strange demons known as Xibalbans.
- The return of the Mayan god Camazotz, Lord of Bats and Darkness.
- The werebeasts of Mexico and Central America; those who assist the vampires and those who fight against them.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements, Christopher Kluge and Braden Campbell.
- 128 pages – $16.95 – Cat. No. 884. Goes to the printer in January, a February, 2013 release.
Rifts® World Book 33: Northern Gun™ One
The long-awaited Rifts® Northern Gun™ One nears completion.
Northern Gun™ is the largest independent manufacturer of high-tech weapons, robots and vehicles in North America. Outside of the Coalition States, one could argue, no other kingdom is as powerful or influential, at least when it comes to technology and weapons. The manufacture and sale of Northern Gun weapons and vehicles has given virtually every kingdom, town, colony of settlers and adventurer group a chance to survive and prosper. Located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, NG has been the premier outfitter of mercenaries, adventurers and upstart kingdoms for generations. Now, for the first time ever, learn Northern Gun’s history, goals and plans for the future. Of course, that means new weapons, robots, power armor, vehicles and gear.
- In-depth look at Northern Gun: its business operations and its community.
- Bionic and cybernetic services.
- Weapons and combat gear; new and old.
- Northern Gun robot drones; new and old.
- Northern Gun giant combat robots; new and old.
- Northern Gun freighters and hover trains.
- Northern Gun character classes and more.
- 109 P.A. catalog of Northern Gun products!
- Key locations, people and sales outlets in and around Northern Gun.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the Coalition States, Triax Industries, the Black Market and others.
- The Kingdom of Ishpeming, a puppet-state propped up by NG.
- The Ishpeming military and more.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Wraparound cover by Chuck Walton.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 887 – February release.
Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two
More information about the weapons, vehicles and practices of Northern Gun, including the new rage of robot gladiatorial combat.
- Northern Gun power armors; new and old.
- Northern Gun hovercycles & land vehicles; new and old.
- Northern Gun aircraft; new and old.
- Northern Gun boats, ships and submarines; new and old.
- Northern Gun Robot Gladiatorial Arena; new!
- Robot Gladiator O.C.C. and robot gladiators.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts® Earth.
- Mercenaries, pirates and more.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Interior Artwork by Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Wraparound cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 888 – March release.
Rifts® World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. Demons, Deevils and supernatural beings run rampant and wreak havoc across the world.
- Demon plagues and mystic blights.
- Soulmancy and Blood Magic revealed.
- Magical and demonic weapons and war machines.
- Demonic armies, strongholds and places of evil.
- Hell Pits and Rune Forges.
- Many Demon Lords, their minions and plans.
- Calgary, the Kingdom of Monsters; in detail.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Epic battles and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Part of the Minion War “Crossover” series.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. Early 2013 release.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- The Rifter® #49-52 recently added – available now.
- Splicers® RPG.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-52.
- The Best of The Rifter®.
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
Don’t forget about these recent releases
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook – Available now
This is a truly epic sourcebook that takes an in-depth look at the Invid Genesis Pits, their purpose, function, the mutants and monsters they unleash and the dangers they pose for non-Invid. It is jam-packed with never before seen source material, mutations, mutation tables (so you can generate your own Genesis Pit monsters and characters) and more. Robotech® fans have been loving this book.
- Inorganics and other war machines of the Invid Regent.
- Gura-Invid – monstrous mutant Invid that do not leave when the Regess and her Invid legions depart Earth.
- Bioroid and Zentraedi mutants, Simulagents and more.
- Different types of Genesis Pits from across the galaxy.
- Tables for creating Genesis Pit Mutants and Monsters as player characters and NPC villains.
- Secrets of the Invid and notable Genesis Pits of Earth.
- Genesis Pit mutations, monsters and dinosaurs.
- Artwork by Apollo Okamura, Allen Manning, Brian Manning, Mike Mumah, Ben Rodriguez, Mike Wilson, Nick Bradshaw, and others.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. 8½ x 11 inch book format. Available only in the USA and Canada.
- $16.95 – 112 pages. Cat. No. 555 – Available now.
Rifts® Black Market™ – Softcover Edition – Available now
See what everyone is talking about and order yours today. Rifts® Black Market™ is an epic, 192 page sourcebook that contains a wealth of information about the inner workings of the Black Market, the Five Factions, new Bandito Arms/Black Market weapons and gear, how to make any O.C.C. a Black Marketeer, special abilities of the Black Marketeer, criminal enterprises, Black Market loans, merc and crime jobs, and much more. This book has it all. AND best of all, a lot of it can be easily adapted to just about any world setting, not just Rifts Earth.
- Rules to make any O.C.C. (or R.C.C.) a Black Marketeer.
- Special abilities and benefits of the Black Marketeer.
- Specialized O.C.C.s of the Black Market.
- Criminal enterprises, jobs, and inner workings of the Black Market.
- The Five Black Market Factions that wield the greatest power in North America: Bandito Arms, The Chicago Network, The Immaterial Hand, El Oculta, and Le Marche Noir.
- Black Market internal operations and security.
- Black Market services, products, practices and customers.
- New weapons and equipment of Bandito Arms/Black Market.
- A wide range of BigBore weapons and other merc weapons.
- New power armor, vehicles and robot riding animals.
- Black Market criminal assignments, jobs and mercenary bounties.
- Major Black Market smuggling corridors and routes.
- Smuggling methods, both magical and conventional.
- Traveling Shows: Freak Shows, Medicine Shows and Circuses.
- Traveling Shows as fronts for the Black Market.
- Black Market Merchants, Market Towns and Market Outlets.
- Written by Matthew Clements, Kevin Siembieda, Carmen Bellaire, Taylor White, Julius Rosenstein and Alex Marciniszyn.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 886. Available now.
Rifts® Black Market Hardcover – Gold Contraband Edition – Available now
Everything you want to know about the Black Market of Rifts® North America presented inside a pair of gorgeous black leatherette covers. Gold foil embossing on front cover and spine. Historically, gold collector editions only increase in value on the collector’s market, and often quickly. This is the lowest number of a Collector’s Gold Edition that Palladium has ever printed.
- Striking Black leatherette cover with gold foil embossing.
- Limited “Collector’s Edition” – only 250 signed and numbered copies were made available. About half have already sold.
- 8 signatures, including main authors Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements and Carmen Bellaire, plus Chuck Walton and the Palladium staff.
- Exactly the same content as the softcover book described below.
- Cover art by Chuck Walton.
- Written by Matthew Clements, Kevin Siembieda, Carmen Bellaire, Taylor White, Julius Rosenstein and Alex Marciniszyn.
- 192 pages – $60.00 retail – Cat. No. 886HC. Available now. Sold ONLY from Palladium Books via our online store, or call the office order line (734-721-2903) weekdays from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Eastern time.
Endless Dead™ – Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three
The zombie hordes grow in number and strangeness. Can humankind survive? Where is the military?
- New types of zombies like Fused Zombies and Walking Mass Graves.
- New O.C.C.s including Wheelman, Zombie Hunter & Zombie Researcher.
- Info & tables for weaponizing vehicles and vehicle combat rules.
- Random encounter tables for military bases, police stations, gun stores, buildings, suburbs, industrial parks, small towns, farmland and wilderness.
- Tables for creating Survivor caravans, hideouts, Safe Havens & more.
- Timetable for setting zombie campaigns and many adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- $16.95 retail – 96 pages – Cat. No. 233. Available now.
Back in Print and Great Gift Ideas
The Rifter® #50, Anniversary Special – back in print due to popular demand
You might think of The Rifter® #50 as a special “all-star” anniversary issue with official source material for Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited™, Nightbane® and many other Palladium RPG settings.
The Rifter® #50 includes:
- Chaos Earth™ – Official source material that includes psionics and three new psychic O.C.C.s: Charismatic O.C.C., Reactionary O.C.C. and Teke Freak O.C.C. Written by Jason Richards. Art by Allen and Brian Manning.
- Heroes Unlimited™ – Official source material about fame, glory and infamy for heroes and the legacy they create. Written by Mark Oberle. Art by Mark Dudley.
- Nightbane® – Official source material on the new O.C.C. known as the Mortificant or Death Caller. Written by Irvin Jackson. Art by Kent Burles.
- Ninjas & Superspies™ – Optional rules about combat, combat moves, modifiers and more. Written by Taylor White. Art by Nick Bradshaw.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Official source material that includes the Elven magic of the Zodiac Mage O.C.C. and Star Mage O.C.C. by Carl Gleba. Art by Amy L. Ashbaugh.
- Phase World® – Official source material that includes a look at the Free World Council (FWC). Written by Braden Campbell. Art by Apollo Okamura.
- Rifts® – Optional vehicle construction rules for the Rifts® Operator O.C.C. Written by Greg Diaczyk. Art by Nick Bradshaw.
- Rifts® Comic Strip written and illustrated by Michael Leonard.
- Splicers® – Official source material that includes three new O.C.C.s: The Geneticist O.C.C., Tormentor O.C.C., and the Gardener O.C.C., and more. Written by Brandon Aten and Matthew Orr. Art by Chuck Walton.
- And more! 128 pages – $14.95 retail – Cat. No. 150. Available now.
BACK IN PRINT: Rifts® Logo T-Shirts in most sizes
We’ve been asked over and over again to re-issue the popular Rifts® Logo T-shirt in sizes other than XL. We heard your requests, and here you go. Order yours today.
● The full Rifts® logo as created by artist Kevin Long, printed in white on a black T-shirt.
● Sizes Small to 5XL.
● 100% cotton – our usual quality T-shirt.
● Cat. No. TS804
● And don’t forget other fun T-shirt designs like . . .
- Property of the Coalition States – Cat. No. 2528
- Coalition Christmas – Cat. No. 2553
- Vampire Kingdoms – Cat. No. 2548
- Wilk’s Logo – Cat. No. 2557
- Northern Gun – Cat. No. 2559
- Dead Reign™ “It’s not like it’s the end of the world” (art by Amy Ashbaugh; printing on front and back) – Cat. No. 2531
- Dead Reign™ “Survive” (art by Nick Bradshaw) – Cat. No. 2556
- Gamer – Cat. No. 2532
- And others.
Anime North – May 24-26, 2013 – Toronto, Canada
I am one of the guests at Anime North in Toronto, Canada. The event takes place Memorial Day weekend, May 24-26, 2013. Wayne Smith and one or two other Palladium creators will also be present to chat and sign autographs. We also hope to bring a pile of books, prints and other goodies to sell in the dealers’ room. www.animenorth.com
Gen Con® Indy – August 15-18, 2013 – Indianapolis, Indiana
We can hardly wait for Gen Con this year as we hope to have advance copies of Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Defense of Macross Island™ there. Not to mention a stock of new releases from throughout the year. We may even need to expand the size of our booth. Hope to see many of you there.
Game Masters, submit your events now to get into the Gen Con program book! Early event submission begins tomorrow, January 11, 2013. See http://www.gencon.com/host/eo-gm for more details.
Note: There will be no Palladium Open House in 2013 or 2014.
© Copyright 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.