Palladium Books® Weekly Update – April 5, 2012
By Kevin Siembieda
UPDATE: Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria – shipped today!
Yes, you read that correctly. The softcover edition of Rifts® Lemuria arrived early, and as promised we shipped out pre-orders pronto. The book looks awesome, and those who have seen it love it. AVAILABLE NOW. Have you placed your order?
The two Megaverse® Insider hardcovers ship April 20 (same day as The Rifter® #58). Sorry, available only to Megaverse Insiders.
The PDF of Rifts® Lemuria also becomes available for Megaverse Insiders on April 20, 2012.
See the full description of Rifts® Lemuria elsewhere in this Weekly Update. Like I said last week, bring your copy of Rifts® Lemuria to the Palladium Open House to be signed by most of the contributors. And don’t stop with Rifts® Lemuria, bring a bunch of books for us to sign. That’s one of the cool things about the Open House, it’s one of the biggest gatherings of Palladium creators anywhere, ever. Not just the Palladium staff, but 30+ other Palladium creators and personalities.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #58 – is at the printer – Ships April 20
The Rifter® #58 is done and at the printer. It is another great issue and includes 20 pages of additional “official” material for Rifts® Lemuria, material for Palladium Fantasy®, Nightbane® and some stuff for Rifts®. See the complete description elsewhere in this Weekly Update.
UPDATE: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™ – Ships April 26
The Endless Dead™ sourcebook is coming along well though a bit slower than I had hoped. I secretly wanted it to the printer by tomorrow, but it’s looking more like the end of next week. It should go to the printer next week and ships April 26.
UPDATE: VIP Night at the Open House cancellations
VIP Thursday has been SOLD OUT for weeks, but there have been some cancellations, which means new slots have become available. Call the Palladium Office to place your VIP order (734-721-2903). If the cancellations have already been filled, add your name and telephone number to the VIP Waiting List, so if there are more cancellations we can contact you. Available on a first-come, first-served basis, so put your name on the Waiting List right away.
UPDATE: Palladium Open House (May 4, 5 & 6, 2012)
Join the fun for the weekend, one day, or even an evening. It is worth the price of admission just to meet and chat with the many Palladium artists and writers, get your books autographed, pick up original art, prints, game books, and all kinds of good stuff, as well as possibly getting into a game or two or even running a pick-up game yourself!
This year, Palladium is offering a special $10 evening admission after 6:00 PM on Friday and Saturday – at the door only. I thought offering a reduced evening rate was a nice thing to do for gamers who want to attend, but have to work during the day. Events run till midnight or 1:00 AM at Palladium, but you can continue to game at the official Palladium Hotel into the wee hours of the night. We have two conference rooms, the largest of which can accommodate as many as 10 different “pick-up games.” If you live within a hundred miles of Palladium, you have no excuse for not coming. Join the fun!
- Three days of non-stop Palladium gaming (May 4, 5 & 6 – plus May 3 for those coming to VIP Thursday). Many games are run by Palladium creators! ALL EVENTS are covered by the price of admission.
- Saturday evening Costume Contest and Auction (starts around 6 PM). The Costume Contest (I hope we have a lot of entries this year) is always a blast and starts around 6:00 PM. At 7:00 PM is the live auction with lots of deals and rare items. Around 8:00 PM gaming resumes.
- Meet 30+ Palladium creators (artists, writers and staff) – This year that includes staffers Alex Marciniszyn, Julius Rosenstein, Kevin Siembieda, Kathy Simmons, Wayne Smith, Amy L. Ashbaugh (artist), Nick Bradshaw (artist), Brandon Aten (writer), Carmen Bellaire (writer), Kent Burles (artist; tentative), Matthew Clements (writer), Karli Cooper (artist), Steve Dawes (writer), Greg Diaczyk (writer), Mark Dudley (artist), Carl Gleba (writer; tentative), Irvin Jackson (artist & writer), “Madman” Mike Leonard (artist & writer), Allen Manning (artist), Brian Manning (artist), Mike Mumah (artist), Mark Oberle (writer), Noah Page (artist; tentative), Ben Rodriguez (artist), Chuck Walton (artist), Taylor White (writer), and others.
- Palladium creators and staff are available to you all day long. Including me, Kevin Siembieda. I’m there from 8:00 AM till 10:00 PM (sometimes later). Most of the staff and Palladium creators are available from 9:00 AM till at least 8:00 PM; some are there till we close up for the night. You will not find that kind of “access” to creators at any other gaming event or convention anywhere on the planet.
- Meet fans from around the world. This year that includes people from coast to coast, Canada, Australia, Japan, Germany and England.
- Game till you drop! Three days of non-stop Palladium gaming (May 4, 5 & 6 – plus May 3 for those coming to VIP Thursday). Many games are run by Palladium creators! ALL EVENTS are covered by the price of admission.
- Chat with Palladium creators at their table, attend panel talks, ask questions, and get the inside scoop on upcoming product and new releases.
- Pick up new and old game books, art prints, original artwork, T-shirts, and much, much more. We always debut product and have specialty items for this event. And get your books autographed.
- See the full description of the Palladium Open House at the end of this Weekly Update.
Get your hotel room by April 12 to get lowest rate!
I just spoke to the hotel manager and she said the hotel is filling up fast and not just with Palladium guests. Please make sure you place your reservation no later than next Thursday, April 12, 2012! Our block of rooms for the Palladium Open House (May 3-6, 2012) is only reserved till April 12. To guarantee you GET A ROOM and at the superior price of $69 a night (with two double beds or one king-size), you MUST reserve your room no later than April 12 and tell them you wan the Palladium Books rate. But PLEASE do so soon. a) We don’t want anyone to miss out. b) Your reserving your room NOW helps Palladium Books. c) Your card will not be charged till the day of the event.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook
As soon as I’m done with Endless Dead™, I dive into the completion of this book. I’m still hoping to have advance copies of it in time for the Palladium Open House (May 4-6), but no promises.
UPDATE: Online sales
Sales were weird, but picked up nicely this week. They were weird in that traditional slow days were high and normally strong days were soft, but all-in-all, sales were fairly good. They could be better, but they were a definite improvement over the last two weeks. With Rifts® Lemuria shipping out, and The Rifter® #58 at the printer, I think this weekend and next week’s sales should be very good. And with Endless Dead™ going to the printer next week and shipping the end of April, I think we are looking at a strong April overall.
UPDATE: Rifts® Black Market
I need to assign the artwork, soon. The cover is finished and the book is written by Matthew Clements and Taylor White and should be a quick edit.
UPDATE: Rifts® Northern Gun™ One & Two
Chuck Walton will be coming by Friday to show us more concept drawings and finished pieces for Rifts® Northern Gun™. From what we’ve seen already, “good stuff” is an understatement. The Northern Gun™ books are going to be two more that will knock your socks off.
HELP! Desperate NEED for written Rifter® submissions!
Wayne’s file of submissions he feels suitable for publication has dwindled down to almost nothing. If we don’t receive new written material soon, we’ll have nothing to put into the pages of The Rifter®!
We’re not quite sure why more fans are not submitting written material for publication. After all, The Rifter® is a “fanzine” created for YOU – fans of Palladium, players, Game Masters and budding writers (and artists). We WANT and NEED your source material submitted for possible publication.
Much of the material we see submitted to the digital Rifter #0.1 and #0.2 as well as stuff posted on many fan web sites is exactly what were we are looking to print in The Rifter®. Yet, in recent months, people are not submitting them to us. Web sites are cool, but please submit them to Palladium Books for consideration for actual publication too.
Palladium has found many of its writers and artists via Rifter® submissions. Something like half of the freelance writers and artists working for Palladium got their start in The Rifter®. It is a great way for us to try out new talent and for you to get discovered. If you’d like to see a book manuscript published by Palladium, your odds improve if we get to know you first through several articles submitted for The Rifter®.
PLEASE SEND SUBMISSIONS FOR The Rifter® AND SOON!
We want source material, adventures, gaming advice and tips, character sheets, etc., that are 8-25 pages long. We will consider larger submissions that can be split between two issues, but 8-25 pages are perfect. Just send raw text with bolds and underlines. Do not try to format your submission like a printed book.
We always need material for After the Bomb®, Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth™, Heroes Unlimited, Nightbane®, Ninjas & Superspies™, Rifts®,and Splicers®. Don’t be afraid to submit. We are seeking new talent and new ideas. And even if Wayne doesn’t find it good enough for publication, it’s worth giving it a shot, right? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Who knows? You might be one of our next great writers.
Please consider this your personal invitation from me, Kevin Siembieda, to submit work for publication in The Rifter®. Help!
Note: No, this is not the last issue of The Rifter®, but we are in desperate need for new, fun source material to publish. Game Masters, players and fledgling writers, please submit your game material. And soon! Thanks.
I may be calling you!
The top two tiers of the Megaverse® Insider offer for Rifts® Lemuria include a brief telephone call from me. I started calling people earlier this week and will continue to do so through the weekend and over the next two weeks. Please feel free to talk about anything from gaming and writing to films and comic books. I’ll talk to some of you soon.
UPDATE: The NEXT Megaverse® Insider Offer
We will be doing more Megaverse® Insider crowdsource funding for major releases and special projects.
The next Insider offer will be the Rifts® Northern Gun Megaverse® Insider in Mid-May. It will very much follow the same pattern and types of items as the Rifts® Lemuria offer.
Watch for it popping up on the Palladium website sometime after May 9th. The offer only lasts for about TWO WEEKS. That means “Insider” items like hardcover editions and PDFs are only available for that tiny, two week window. Join the fun, buy cool stuff and help Palladium at the same time.
Palladium’s first crowdsource funding offer was in February to raise the funds to produce and print Rifts® Lemuria. I wanted to make the whole thing even more fun and special, so I called it the Megaverse® Insider offer and made all kinds of fun categories and products available for “Insiders” to purchase. Every “Insider” got their name listed in the book. Some purchased super-limited hardcover editions (under 200 copies of each HC), or a PDF version of the book, and other good stuff or combinations of Megaverse® Insider products.
The concept is simple. A business makes a public proposal online to the very people who know and love their products, and gives them the opportunity to fund a new one. What makes this fun and exciting for the fans is they get special product and opportunities/services for their money. This way, rather than get one or a few investors contributing large sums, a company raises much smaller amounts from hundreds of people. Those people get a quick, tangible reward for their participation by way of special product or opportunities. If you get a couple hundred to several hundred people making a crowdsource funding purchase (we had 359 gamers do so!), you can meet or exceed your goal. Crowdsource funding is becoming all the rage for financing product releases and business opportunities. Everyone was excited by the Rifts® Lemuria Megaverse Insider Offer and the end result is gamers get cool, exclusive items and Palladium gets the funds to produce major new releases. A win-win situation for everyone.
UPDATE: Palladium Fantasy RPG® Game Master Kit – NOW AVAILABLE on DriveThruRPG.com
Folks are loving the Palladium Fantasy® Game Master Kit – now available on DriveThruRPG.com for only $5. Gamers who loved the Rifts® G.M. Kit, will love this one too. Like its predecessor, the Fantasy G.M. Kit is written by Carl Gleba and comes with maps, combat matrix, character sheets, spell list, and 20 pre-rolled characters created by Julius Rosenstein (and used by Julius and me for years and years in games at conventions). And it is available at the same low price of $5 for a wealth of material and helpful Game Master resources. Don’t forget, DriveThruRPG.com also offers the FREE Sneak Previews of Rifts® Lemuria, Thundercloud Galaxy™, and soon, Endless Dead™, as well as 90+ back stock titles, including back issues of The Rifter®, and first edition rule books for Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Heroes Unlimited™, The Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy, and lots of other good things, of which the Rifts® Game Master Kit is just one. ALL available as PDF downloads at reasonable prices. And there is MORE to come.
UPDATE: Gaming at the Westland Library
It has been a fun experience. There has been talk about resuming gaming in June, but the library’s funding is being cut and our contact person is being laid-off, so we don’t know if we’ll be back or not. What a shame. Westland Library: (734) 326-6123 or online at http://www.westlandlibrary.org/node/3089.
UPDATE: Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles Store
Alex and I have been adding all kinds of new toys and action figures to my online store. More Palladium collectibles will be added every few days. The corrected manuscript pages for Rifts® Lemuria flew out of the store, but the proofreader copy remains available. We’ll be adding more. We try to add at least a few things a couple times a week, every week. We’ll keep them coming if you keep buying them.
UPDATE: Murmurs from the Megaverse® and Facebook
I continue to post on a regular basis at both locations, though not as much this week, as we were busy getting The Rifter® #58 sent to the printer, working on Endless Dead™, and packing and shipping Rifts® Lemuria.
UPDATE: Rifts® Miniatures
The first batch of re-released Rifts® miniatures – the Glitter Boy™, CS Soldiers™, Rifts® Cyborgs, Kydian Overlord™, etc. – as individual figures at new prices will be added to the Palladium online store next week. As I had suspected, we’ve been consumed with finishing new books. The delay has been unavoidable as there are only five of us, and there has been sooooo much to do.
UPDATE: Robotech® Miniatures
I’ve spoken to a couple of people about it and continue to research the marketing and cost feasibility of this operation. We are definitely interested in the possibility. Probably cannot make a serious analysis of this opportunity until sometime after the Palladium Open House.
Oh baby, baby
Long-time Palladium fan Joseph Black Bear and his wife, Amy, recently welcomed their first child (and sure to be Palladium gamer!) into their lives. Robert Clyde Black Bear was born on February 11, 2012, at 9:46 PM at 19½ inches, 7 pounds, 9 ounces. Congratulations.
It’s Birthday Time at Palladium
I want to thank everyone who called, texted, emailed, PMed, Facebooked me on my birthday. I was feeling a bit worn out and all of your birthday wishes, good humor and kind words made me feel special and boosted my spirits. It made the entire day feel special. Thank you. Julius Rosenstein’s birthday is on Saturday, so we’re celebrating his and my birthdays with the guys on Friday evening at Kathy’s house. I got something for Julius that I think will truly be a surprise that he will love. Happy Birthday, Julius! Wayne’s birthday is next, just before the Open House, and Kathy, Alex, and Thom’s are all in June.
For those of you who celebrate Easter, may you all have a sunny, warm and Happy Easter with your loved ones. For the rest of you, enjoy a game filled Spring weekend.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Game Designer
Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria™
– Available now!
Rifts® Lemuria is packed with new magic, weapons, living power armor, monstrous war steeds, weapons, and gear suitable for landlubbers and aquatic adventurers alike.
The Lemurians are an amphibious people with floating cities and magic-based technology that allows for land and underwater adventures alike. Discover the secrets and people of this lost and forgotten civilization of magic and wonder. Add amphibious capabilities to your Rifts® campaigns and discover new menaces under the sea. Amphibious in nature, Lemurians wage war against the demonic on dry land and under the waves. Their exotic riding animals, weapons, armor and magic are suitable for use on land and underwater.
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- 5 aquatic races including Lemurians, Junk Crabs, Ichthyleans, Merans and Milu.
- 5 Sea Dragons.
- 5 Symbiotic Stone vehicles (and a drone scout).
- 8 expansive, new O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Spouter, Oceanic Guardsman, Biomancer Gene-Mage, Birdman and others.
- 9 monstrous and wondrous Lemurian War Steeds.
- 10 suits of living Bio-Armor, plus the Wave Strider and Bio-Skins.
- 10 Biomancy plants and creatures from the Lemurian Gardens.
- 16 strange and exotic animals.
- 19 types of Lemurian weapons.
- 21 new Hydro-Psionic abilities for the Spouter and Hydros Sea Dragon.
- 50+ new Biomancy spells and a handful of new Ocean Magic spells.
- Biomancer Gardens, herbs and magic.
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Symbiotic creatures and Biomancy constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater indefinitely.
- New dangers, new challenges, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk with additional material by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- Tons of interior art by Chuck Walton, Mike Mumah, Brian and Allen Manning, Kent Burles, Nick Bradshaw and Amy Ashbaugh.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Softcover available now!
- The special, limited edition hardcovers ship April 20 to those of you who bought them as Megaverse® Insiders. Fewer than 200 copies were printed of each, so each is truly a collectible item. Enjoy.
Rifts® Lemuria “Sneak Preview” on DriveThruRPG.com – is available right now! You can see the cover, contents pages and enticing snippets from several different sections of the book as a FREE PDF download, including one of the Bio-Armors, one War Steed, a few new Biomancy spells, and other good stuff. Don’t forget, there are 90+ back stock titles, including back issues of The Rifter®, and first edition rule books for Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Heroes Unlimited™, The Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy, and lots of other good things, of which the Rifts® Game Master Kit, is just one. ALL available as PDF downloads at reasonable prices. And there is MORE coming. The Palladium Fantasy® Game Master Kit, The Rifter #0.1 and #0.2, maybe some PDF only sourcebooks, an Endless Dead™ Sneak Preview and other sneak previews and fun stuff are all coming your way.
Rifts® Lemuria “First Look” Video Review. Carmen Bellaire and William Johnson were given the unfinished manuscript page files and a small selection of artwork – in advance – so they could do a First Look Video Review of Rifts® Lemuria. There is so much good stuff to talk about that the guys had to split their review of Rifts® Lemuria into two episodes to cover it all. They have reviews of other Palladium products, too. It is all on YouTube for your viewing enjoyment right now. The views expressed are those of Carmen and William, not Palladium Books.
NEW! The Rifter® #58
– Ships April 20
The Rifter® is an idea factory that helps players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and keep their games fresh. It provides useful, ready to go, source material gamers can just drop into their ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new monsters, villains, characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, adventure and ideas for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least two or three other Palladium game lines.
The Rifter® Number 58 examines people, places and power. There are new, “official” O.C.C.s for Rifts® Lemuria that include the Lemurian Academic, Citizen, Experimenter and Healer, plus more aquatic animals of note. The Free State of Lazlo provides another unique setting on Rifts Earth, and a Nightbane® short story offers a sense of life after Dark Day. The material for Palladium Fantasy® introduces an array of dangerous beings, and the section on the Kezel and their abilities provides a new kind of superhuman that can be used in Heroes Unlimited™, Phase World® or anywhere in the Megaverse®.
The Rifter #58 includes:
- Rifts® Lemuria – Official source material, including additional Lemurian O.C.C.s, and monsters and animals.
- Rifts® Lazlo – The fabled magic kingdom of Lazlo outlined and described.
- Palladium Fantasy® – 15 new, strange people and monsters.
- Nightbane® – Short story and source material.
- Various Settings – The Kezel™: A weird, new superhuman for use in Rifts® Chaos Earth™, Rifts®, Phase World®, Heroes Unlimited™ and even Palladium Fantasy®; includes many powers. The Kezel claim to be human, but their abilities would suggest otherwise.
- News, coming attractions, and more.
- Cover by Michael Leonard. At the printer.
- 96 pages – still only $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 158. April release.
NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™
Ships April 26
The name Endless Dead™ says it all. The zombie hordes grow in number and strangeness. Can humankind survive? Where is the military? What’s next for the survivors of the zombie apocalypse?
This book contains horrifying new zombies to haunt your player characters along with new O.C.C.s and tons of tables for detailing Survivor Hideouts, Safe Haven Communities, Death Cults and more. Survival is not enough. Now is the time for the war against the Endless Dead™. This book is epic.
- New types of zombies include the Fused Zombie, Multi-Zombie, Parasite Juggernaut and Walking Mass Grave.
- New O.C.C.s include the Wheelman, Zombie Hunter, Zombie Researcher, Survivalist and Watcher.
- Information on vehicles and tables for adding custom armor, weapons and anti-zombie defenses.
- Vehicle combat rules and zombie-fighting in vehicles.
- Random encounter tables for military bases, police stations, gun stores, buildings, suburbs, industrial parks, small towns, farmland and wilderness.
- Tables for creating Survivor caravans, hideouts, hermits, Safe Haven Communities and Death Cults.
- Timetable for setting campaigns during the Wave, the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse or months into the reign of the dead.
- Stats for some of North America’s dangerous wildlife, a threat to survivors and zombies alike.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by Mumah, Bradshaw and others.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 233. April release.
Palladium Books 2012 Product Release Schedule
2012 Releases Available Now
- The Rifter #57 – New – available now.
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 5: Anvil Galaxy™ – Back in print – available now.
- Rifts® Sourcebook Three: Mindwerks™ – Back in print – available now.
- Palladium Bookmarks, Set 2 – New – available now.
April 2012 Releases
- Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria – New – available now.
- The Rifter® #58 – New – at the printer.
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three: Endless Dead™ – New – in final production.
May 2012 Releases
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – New (will try for end of April release, but seems unlikely).
- Rifts® World Book: The Black Market – New
June 2012 Releases
July 2012 Releases
- The Rifter® #59 – New
- Rifts® Northern Gun™ Two – New
- Rifts®/Minion War™: Megaverse® in Flames – New (tentative)
- Robotech® UEEF Marines Sourcebook – New (tentative)
All of Palladium’s Core Game Lines to be Supported in 2012
The following are in development.
- Robotech® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Antarctica and other sourcebooks
- Splicers® Sourcebooks
- Heroes Unlimited™ Sourcebooks
- Chaos Earth™ Sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy®: Land of the Damned™ Three
- Nightbane® Sourcebook
- Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebooks
- And other good stuff.
NEW! Palladium Bookmarks, Set Two
– Available now
They look great. A set of four, 2 x 6 inch bookmarks, printed on both sides, each depicting a different Palladium game line: Chaos Earth™, Phase World®, Nightbane® and Beyond the Supernatural™. They are attractive, useful and make a fun collectible. The first set has been so popular, we had to do a second.
- Designed by Kevin Siembieda and Wayne Smith.
- Art by Scott Johnson (Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Glitter Boy cover), Kevin Long (Phase World® Sourcebook cover), Brom (Nightbane®), and John Zeleznik (Beyond the Supernatural™).
- Each is 2 x 6 inches, full color, printed on both sides.
- Four different bookmarks in the set.
- Cat. No. 2555 – $5.00 retail. Based on what similar bookmarks sell for, we figure the set of four should have an $8.00 value, but Palladium’s price is only $5.00.
- AVAILABLE NOW!
Available now! Palladium Bookmarks, Set One
“I love the Palladium bookmarks and use three of the first set all the time.” – Kevin Siembieda
A set of four, 2 x 6 inch bookmarks, each depicting a different Palladium game line: Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™ and Dead Reign™. They are attractive, useful and make a fun collectible.
- Designed by Kevin Siembieda and Wayne Smith.
- Art by Scott Johnson (Rifts® Ultimate cover), E.M. Gist (Dead Reign™ RPG cover), Mark Evans (Palladium Fantasy®), and Tyler Walpole (Heroes Unlimited™).
- Each is 2 x 6 inches, full color, printed on both sides.
- Four different bookmarks in the set.
- Cat. No. 2554 – $5.00 retail. Based on what similar bookmarks sell for, we figure the set of four should have an $8.00 value, but Palladium’s price is only $5.00.
- Ship Date: Available now.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 5: Anvil Galaxy™
– Available now – Back in print
This popular, fan-favorite Phase World® sourcebook presents a dynamic overview of the Anvil Galaxy™ and its many alien races, technologies, conflicts and secrets. A great resource for any Phase World® fan and valuable addition for campaigns involving the Minion War™.
- Legends of the Cosmic Forge™ and the Forge War™.
- Nearly 20 alien races and an overview of the Anvil Galaxy™.
- Transgalactic Empire and Consortium of Civilized Worlds.
- Overview of the Three Galaxies.
- Planet Creation Tables.
- Written by Bill Coffin.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 847. Available now.
Rifts® Sourcebook Three: Mindwerks™
– Available now – Back in print
Rifts® Mindwerks™ is a companion to Triax & The NGR™ and Triax™ 2. It details the techno-horrors of the Mindwerks Corporation and its insane mastermind, the Angel of Death, as well as providing more information on the NGR, the Gargoyle and Brodkil Empires, robots and equipment, plus the Gene-Splicers, a dozen D-Bee races, an evil Millennium Tree, mind-altering cybernetic implants and a few notable kingdoms.
- 14 O.C.C.s and R.C.C.s, including the Lycanmorph and Null Psyborg.
- Mindwerks ‘bots, cyborgs, weapons & equipment.
- Mindwerks M.O.M. conversions, Crazies and insanity.
- Gene-Splicers and their presence on Rifts® Earth.
- Germany’s infamous Black Forest and its evil Millenium Tree.
- Massive new war machines for the Gargoyles and the NGR.
- The Kingdom of Tarnow, its namesake magical crystal and anti-Gargoyle weapons and equipment.
- More information on Europe after the Coming of the Rifts®.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 812. Available now.
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
Unknown to most humans, deep within Mexico the vampires have established entire kingdoms. There they live like tyrants and gods, dominating an underclass of cattle people used as slaves and food stock. Learn more about the vampires, their rivals, allies and the humans who willingly serve their supernatural masters for a chance to join the undead. A must-have guide for those who wish to travel deeper into the Vampire Kingdoms or play as vampires and their human minions.
- More human kingdoms within Mexico like the Tampico Military Protectorate and Durango, the Silver City.
- Firefighting robots, hover firetrucks and more anti-vampire gear.
- Magic based Vampire Hunters and human strongholds.
- Techno-Wizard anti-vampire weapons and magical devices.
- Profiles for Doc Reid and Reid’s Rangers, the world’s most famous Vampire Hunters.
- Fort Reid, an entire city devoted to hunting the undead.
- The Bloodwatch, a secret vampire intelligence agency that tracks down and exterminates Vampire Hunters.
- The Yucatan Peninsula, a mysterious dimensional pocket overrun by strange demons known as Xibalbans.
- The return of the Mayan god Camazotz, Lord of Bats and Darkness.
- The werebeasts of Mexico and Central America; those who assist the vampires and those who fight against them.
- New O.C.C.s like the Bloodwatch Vampire Operative, Silver Swords Militia, Werejaguar Vampire Hunter and the Vampire ‘Borg.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements and Braden Campbell.
- $16.95 – 128 pages. Cat. No. 884. April or May release.
Rifts® Black Market™ – A Rifts® Sourcebook
On Rifts® Earth, the Black Market is the most prevalent trader in weapons, contraband and magic items outlawed by the Coalition. Explore the day to day business of the market along with its smuggling routes, practices, policies and nefarious products. Encounter the five major Black Market factions in North America and foreign groups like the Yakuza, Green Scarf Sect and the Underground Railroads of Atlantis and the Vampire Kingdoms.
- New O.C.C.s like the Con Man, Coyote and Venture Criminal.
- Black Market services, products, practices and customers.
- Criminal jobs like the Enforcer, Hit Man and Defense Attorney.
- Major smuggling corridors and routes through Coalition territory.
- Smuggling methods, both magical and conventional.
- The Five Factions of North America and other Black Market groups.
- More equipment from Bandito Arms and specialized smuggling gear.
- Tables for creating Traveling Merchants, Caravans, Market Outlets, Market Towns, Clubs and Bars, Body-Chop-Shops and more!
- Information on the Coalition prison system and border security.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Taylor White, with additional material by Kevin Siembieda and Alex Marciniszyn.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 886. May release (tentative).
Rifts® World Books: Northern Gun™ One & Two
The largest independent manufacturer of weapons, robots and adventure gear in North America is Northern Gun™. Located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, they have been the premier outfitter of mercenaries and adventurers for decades, and are a major hub for hiring military contractors. With a whole new product line to offer their customers, the future looks bright for Northern Gun™.
We haven’t yet decided exactly how the source material and background information will be divided between the two books. Both will contain world information, one will probably have power armor, weapons, and gear, the other will probably have giant robots and vehicles. Both will be epic.
- The arms giant Northern Gun profiled for the first time!
- The Kingdom of Ishpeming, a puppet-state propped up by NG.
- 109 P.A. catalog of Northern Gun products!
- New weapons, power armor, vehicles, robots and adventure gear.
- The Ishpeming military, essentially a framework for hiring mercenaries and privateers.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts® Earth.
- Hover trains, supply ships and sales outlets.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the Coalition States, Triax Industries, the Black Market and others.
- Written by Matthew Clements.
- Interior Artwork by Nick Bradshaw, Chuck Walton and others.
- 160 pages each – $20.95 retail each – Northern Gun One Cat. No. 887. Northern Gun Two Cat. No. 888. Both are Summer releases.
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook
An in-depth look at the Invid Genesis Pits, their purpose, function and the creatures they create.
- Secrets of the Invid.
- Different types of Genesis Pits.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- An 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook (not manga size).
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 555. Summer release.
- Available in the U.S. and Canada only.
Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, ‘nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell’s Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. Summer release.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
Palladium Open House – May 4, 5 & 6, 2012 at Palladium’s warehouse in Westland, Michigan
The Palladium “Open House” is affordable gaming fun
Admission covers all events. This year, we’ve added “evening rates” for those of you who work during the day on weekends or have to spend several hours driving in. The evening rate starts at 6:00 PM and is $10 at the door.
The Open House is three days of Palladium role-playing games (four days for those also attending VIP Thursday; starting around 3:00 PM). Plus you have access to Kevin Siembieda, the Palladium staff and dozens of artists, writers and creators. Heck, it’s worth coming just to meet Palladium creators, get books signed and get artwork, prints and other product. Including rare and one-of-a-kind items.
● Everyone who purchases a weekend admission gets a FREE gift.
● The price of admission includes ALL events – games, panel talks, the whole nine-yards. The hotel is inexpensive ($69.00 for a double-bed till April 12, 2012, reserve your room today!) and is a short drive away.
● 90+ Palladium role-playing game events: Rifts®, Robotech®,, Splicers®, Palladium Fantasy®, Nightbane®, Heroes Unlimited™, Dead Reign™, Chaos Earth™, Beyond the Supernatural™ and others!
● Plus open gaming, panel talks, and more. Like seeing previews of artwork for upcoming books, experimental game rules, getting the inside scoop on upcoming products from the people who are doing them, and more.
● Many gaming events are run by the creators who make them. Yep, many of the writers, artists and game designers who make the games and sourcebooks you love, run games. Plus, you’re gaming at the very location where the games are created! It’s a unique opportunity.
● Expanded open gaming area.
● Meet 30+ Palladium creators. There is no other event where you will meet 30+ Palladium creators. None. And they are there for you.
● Access to Palladium creators. Kevin Siembieda, the Palladium staff, artists, writers and other Palladium creators are there for YOU. Kevin Siembieda is on site from 8:00 AM till 10:00 PM! Most guests are available from 9:00 AM till 8:00 PM (often later). That means you can get 30+ autographs, chat with 30+ creators and get all kinds of inside information. Not to mention have the time of your life.
● The event is hosted at the Palladium warehouse and office at 39074 Webb Court, Westland, MI 48185, so you get to play at the very building where the games are made and see what the place looks like. You might even get a tour of the Palladium offices. You don’t fight big crowds or have to wait in line for hours to get in. There are only 200-300 gamers, but they come from around the world.
● Game with Kevin Siembieda & other Palladium creators. Many of the games are hosted by the very people who make them! Kevin Siembieda, Julius Rosenstein, Carmen Bellaire, Greg Diaczyk, Carl Gleba, Irvin Jackson, Brandon Aten, Mark Oberle, and many other Palladium creators run the games YOU play in. Other games are run by excellent Megaversal Ambassadors and seasoned Game Masters.
● Palladium Creators scheduled to be at the 2012 Open House: Amy Ashbaugh, Thom Bartold, Carmen Bellaire, Nick Bradshaw, Jeff Burke, Kent Burles, Braden Campbell, Matthew Clements, Steve Dawes, Greg Diaczyk, Mark Dudley, Carl Gleba, Jeffry Scott Hansen, Irvin Jackson, Michael Leonard, Allen Manning, Brian Manning, Alex Marciniszyn, Mike Majestic, Mike Mumah, Mark Oberle, Apollo Okamura, Noah Page, Ben Rodriguez, Julius Rosenstein, Kevin Siembieda, Kathy Simmons, Josh Sinsapaugh, Wayne Smith, Taylor White, Charles Walton, and others! Past Palladium Open Houses have had as many as 40+ creators and gaming personalities under one roof.
● Enter the Open House Costume Contest and win “Palladium Bucks” and an attractive award. Palladium Bucks and awards are given out for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place in each of the three categories: Rifts®/Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror/Modern (Nightbane®, BTS, Heroes Unlimited, etc.), plus Best of Show. Costume Contest is Saturday evening. We love to see people in costume as Palladium characters.
● Live Auction – Saturday evening – is your chance to acquire the rarest of the rare, collectibles, bargains and unique oddities.
● Enjoy panel discussion with Kevin Siembieda and other creators.
● Artists will be offering original art and limited edition prints for sale, and some even do character sketches (for a price).
● Get the newest books, back stock, miniatures, and specialty items.
● Get original art and out of print items.
● Get your books signed by dozens of Palladium creators.
● Get your photograph taken with Kevin Siembieda, your favorite artists and writers, zombies (really), and a Star Wars Stormtrooper.
● YOU are one of the elite few hundred at this intimate event.
● Meet Palladium fans from around the world. This year we know fans are coming from Australia, England, Germany, Japan and Canada, as well as from across the United States.
● Game till you drop! When we close our doors at the Palladium offices sometime after midnight, there are two gaming rooms at the hotel. And they are available for open gaming ALL night.
● It’s an experience you will never forget and this may be your last chance. For a variety of reasons, this may be our last Open House.
● The Open House is more like a big family reunion or a 3-day party than a convention. YOU are welcomed into our “home” – the Palladium warehouse and offices. YOU are treated like a welcomed guest at Palladium, not one of thousands of faceless, nameless attendees. And you get to hang with Kevin Siembieda and many of the Palladium creators. WARNING: You’ll discover we’re all gaming geeks just like you.
Note: Admission covers ALL events. There is NO extra charge to play in a game, participate in panel talks, to meet dozens of Palladium creators, or to get autographs. Note: Please place your orders in advance so we can schedule enough games, panel talks and accommodations.
$40 for the Three Day Weekend – Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Walk-ins are welcomed, but the price is $50 for the weekend at the door and after April 15, 2012.
$20 for ALL-Day Friday (May 4), 9:00 AM till Closing (about midnight). Same price at the door, if space is available. Open gaming continues at the hotel.
$20 for ALL-Day Saturday (May 5), 9:00 AM till Closing (about midnight). Same price at the door, if space is available. Open gaming continues at the hotel.
NEW! $10 Friday & Saturday Evenings ONLY: Available at the door after 6:00 PM. Visit till closing, join pick up games and maybe get into games that still have open slots for players. Meet creators, get autographs, enjoy panel talks, pick-up new releases and back stock items, original art, prints, miniatures, T-Shirts and other good stuff. Saturday Evening after 6:00 PM: Enjoy the Costume Contest (starts around 6:00 PM), live auction (7:00 PM). 8:00 PM gaming, panel talks and chats resume.
$10 for Sunday (May 6), 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Same price at the door. Worth it just to meet people, get autographs and pick up game books, art, etc.
VIP Night Open House “Waiting List.” VIP Thursday has been SOLD OUT for weeks, but inevitably we get a handful of cancellations. Put your name on the VIP Waiting List, and we’ll call you if a cancellation opens up. Call the Palladium office order line (734-721-2903) to get on the VIP Waiting List. Available on a first-come, first served, basis.
Placing Your Order: Please include your FULL address and apartment number. Include the NAME of EACH person you are ordering a ticket for, as well as your telephone number in case there is a problem and we need to contact you.
Credit Card Payment: Palladium accepts Visa, MasterCard and most credit cards. All Credit Card orders must include: Credit Card No. – Name on the card – Address of the Credit Cardholder – Expiration Date – Telephone Number of the cardholder.
Order By Telephone: Call (734) 721-2903 – have your credit card information ready.
Online: Click here.
NOTE: All admission tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis. Due to space and parking limitations and safety concerns, attendance will be strictly limited to a maximum of 350 admission tickets.
Palladium Open House Hotel Information; $69.95 per night
The special Palladium hotel rate is $69.95 plus tax per Double or King room, till April 12, 2012.
Open House Hotel information:
- $69.95 plus tax per Double or King room.
- Two double beds or a single king-size bed.
- Free “hot” or continental breakfast from 5:30 A.M. to 9:30 A.M.
- Exercise room open 24 hours.
- Executive meeting room for all-night gaming; provided a Palladium agent is present in the room.
- Large meeting room with tables and chairs for six additional games for all-night gaming.
- The hotel is five minutes from the Palladium office and there are many places to eat.
- TO MAKE A RESERVATION at the $69.95 price you MUST tell them you want a room in the Block Reserved for Palladium Books. 734-455-8100 tel.
© Copyright 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.