Palladium Books® Weekly Update – March 15, 2012
By Kevin Siembieda
As always, there is a lot going on and not enough time to talk about it all. I hope you don’t mind, but I’m going to keep this very brief because . . . Rifts® Lemuria is in final production! And we want to keep working on it.
Rifts® Lemuria in Final Layout
- As I write this, Wayne has begun typesetting and we’ve discussed the layout of Rifts® Lemuria.
- I’m done with the rewrites and additions, except for two final sections: Biomancy War Steeds and Sea Serpents/Sea Monsters, and maybe a few final tweaks to O.C.C.s.
- Page count is almost certain to go to 224 pages and there will be no price increase. Yes, I know fans love big books, so be happy. For us, they are a mixed blessing. They are more costly in art, printing, shipping and in time to create (for example, we have spent at least two weeks longer doing more work on Lemuria and expanding the page count). So why do it? a) Because I’m an idiot. b) Because some books, like this one, deserve it. c) Because I cannot bring myself to not make these books epic and something special. Much of the material and ideas were just too darn good to cut out. Heck, I’ve trimmed some concepts and material to squeeze it all into 224 pages. End result: Rifts® Lemuria is awesome. Personally, I think it’s on par with Rifts® World Book 2: Atlantis.
- To the printer by Monday. All of us will work through the weekend to get it laid out, proofread and to the printer. It should go in first thing Monday morning. Should ship 2-3 weeks later. Megaverse Insider hardcovers and PDFs 2-5 weeks after that. So keep those pre-orders coming (the softcover ships out the day the book arrives in the warehouse), and snag a few other items, like the new set of bookmarks, while you’re at it.
- Check out this week’s Murmurs from the Megaverse® for other details about the goings-on at Palladium and to read a couple of small Rifts® Lemuria “teasers.” I’ve tried to be on Facebook a lot this week, too.
Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™ and The Rifter® #58 are what Wayne and I dive into next. Both books will be April releases. With any luck, the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook will also be an April Release. We are primed to get these three titles out fast. Then it’s the Palladium Open House (May 4-6). And then it’s back to banging out one new, hot release after another.
Online sales took a terrible tumble and stayed flat all week. As I said in a Murmur, I can’t say as I can blame anyone but ourselves. You’ve been waiting for new books to buy for months. And we’re hard at work to make that happen and soon, so please snap up the new releases coming out in April as fast as you can. Thanks.
Keep the feedback coming. We have gotten an excellent response to our poll about doing Megaverse® Insider crowdsource funding offers. Please keep the voting and feedback coming. We want to know what YOU think and want, because you are appreciated.
Click here to vote in the poll.
Palladium Bookmarks, Set Two is available now. The new bookmarks arrived Wednesday and look every bit as good as Set One. They feature Chaos Earth™, Phase World®, Nightbane® and Beyond the Supernatural™. The entire set is only $5. See the description elsewhere in this Weekly Update.
UPDATE: Sneak Previews on DriveThruRPG.comDriveThruRPG.com for Rifts® Lemuria will go up sometime early next week. Till then I’ve been posting a few small “teasers” in some of my Murmurs from the Megaverse®. The sneak preview for Endless Dead will quickly follow after it. Don’t forget, there are 90+ backstock titles, including back issues of The Rifter®, first edition rule books, other sneak previews and the Rifts® Game Master Kit, all available as PDF downloads at reasonable prices.
Reminder: Gaming at the Westland Library – March 31, 2012 – Saturday from 1-4 PM. This the next library event where Julius and I will be running games. We are already seeing more interest from local gamers so this could turn into something big. Join the fun and this is a great way to introduce a new generation to Palladium role-playing games or to give our games a try. PLEASE REGISTER with the library early, so we can make sure we have enough Game Masters to accommodate everybody who wants to play. Sign up by calling the library at (734) 326-6123 or online at http://www.westlandlibrary.org/node/3089. The gaming is from 1-4 PM, Saturday, March 31, 2012. The library is located on Central City Parkway between Ford Road and Warren.
Palladium Open House is only 7 weeks away!! We’ll be ready to rock your world all weekend long with Palladium gaming events. We still need more G.M.s to send us their event information!! If you have any questions and Wayne isn’t getting back to you, contact Alex or call the office. We need games! Sorry about all those exclamation points, but the POH will be here in no time.
And we need gamers in and around Michigan to join the fun! Take this opportunity to game with the guys and gals who make the games you love.
Palladium Open House Hotel Rooms are going fast! Reserve your hotel rooms as soon as you can. Your credit card does not get charged till the day of the event and you can cancel up to a week before. The hotel is inexpensive and excellent ($69.95 for two double beds or one king) and there will be two conference rooms (one small, one large) for all-night gaming at the hotel. NOTE: It helps Palladium if you reserve your hotel room BEFORE March 31. Thanks.
UPDATE: Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles Store. Alex and I have been adding some Palladium collectibles and new toys and action figures to my online store. We’ll try to add more new items next week as well. Right now they include Palladium gold editions, some artwork, art prints, The Rifter® #20, and various out of print books – most of it signed. We’ll keep them coming if you keep buying them.
Other stuff. All kinds of other stuff continues, from research and development of Rifts® and Robotech® Miniatures, The Rifter #0.1 and #0.2 (digital editions), reprinting books, exploring other opportunities, and prepping for the Palladium Open House, which is coming up fast.
More news next week.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Game Designer
Palladium Books 2012 Product Release Schedule
January 2012 Releases
- The Rifter #57 – New – available now.
March 2012 Releases
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 5: Anvil Galaxy™ – Back in print – available now.
- Rifts® Sourcebook Three: Mindwerks™ – Back in print – available now.
- Palladium Bookmarks, Set 2 – New – available now.
- Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria – New – in final layout.
April 2012 Releases
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three: Endless Dead™ – New
- The Rifter® #58 – New
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – New (tentative)
May 2012 Releases
- Rifts® World Book: The Black Market – New
- Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook – New (tentative)
- Rifts® World Book: Northern Gun™ One – New (tentative)
June 2012 Releases
- Rifts®/Minion War™: Megaverse® in Flames – New (tentative)
- Rifts® Northern Gun™ Two – New
- Robotech® UEEF Marines Sourcebook – New (tentative)
All of Palladium’s Core Game Lines to be Supported in 2012
The following are in development.
- Robotech® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Antarctica and other sourcebooks
- Splicers® Sourcebooks
- Heroes Unlimited™ Sourcebooks
- Chaos Earth™ Sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy®: Land of the Damned™ Three
- Nightbane® Sourcebook
- Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebooks
- And other good stuff.
NEW! Palladium Bookmarks, Set Two
A set of four, 2 x 6 inch bookmarks, each depicting a different Palladium game line: Chaos Earth™, Phase World®, Nightbane® and Beyond the Supernatural™. They are attractive, useful and make a fun collectible. The first set has been so popular, we had to do a second.
- Designed by Kevin Siembieda and Wayne Smith.
- Art by Scott Johnson (Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Glitter Boy cover), Kevin Long (Phase World® Sourcebook cover), Brom (Nightbane®), and John Zeleznik (Beyond the Supernatural™).
- Each is 2 x 6 inches, full color, printed on both sides.
- Four different bookmarks in the set.
- Cat. No. 2555 – $5.00 retail. Based on what similar bookmarks sell for, we figure the set of four should have an $8.00 value, but Palladium’s price is only $5.00.
- AVAILABLE NOW!
Available now! Palladium Bookmarks, Set One
“I love the Palladium bookmarks and use three of the first set all the time.” – Kevin Siembieda
A set of four, 2 x 6 inch bookmarks, each depicting a different Palladium game line: Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™ and Dead Reign™. They are attractive, useful and make a fun collectible.
- Designed by Kevin Siembieda and Wayne Smith.
- Art by Scott Johnson (Rifts® Ultimate cover), E.M. Gist (Dead Reign™ RPG cover), Mark Evans (Palladium Fantasy®), and Tyler Walpole (Heroes Unlimited™).
- Each is 2 x 6 inches, full color, printed on both sides.
- Four different bookmarks in the set.
- Cat. No. 2554 – $5.00 retail. Based on what similar bookmarks sell for, we figure the set of four should have an $8.00 value, but Palladium’s price is only $5.00.
- Ship Date: Available now.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 5: Anvil Galaxy™
– Available now – Back in print
This popular, fan-favorite Phase World® sourcebook presents a dynamic overview of the Anvil Galaxy™ and its many alien races, technologies, conflicts and secrets. A great resource for any Phase World® fan and valuable addition for campaigns involving the Minion War™.
- Legends of the Cosmic Forge™ and the Forge War™.
- Nearly 20 alien races and an overview of the Anvil Galaxy™.
- Transgalactic Empire and Consortium of Civilized Worlds.
- Overview of the Three Galaxies.
- Planet Creation Tables.
- Written by Bill Coffin.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 847. Available now.
Rifts® Sourcebook Three: Mindwerks™
– Available now – Back in print
Rifts® Mindwerks™ is a companion to Triax & The NGR™ and Triax™ 2. It details the techno-horrors of the Mindwerks Corporation and its insane mastermind, the Angel of Death, as well as providing more information on the NGR, the Gargoyle and Brodkil Empires, robots and equipment, plus the Gene-Splicers, a dozen D-Bee races, an evil Millennium Tree, mind-altering cybernetic implants and a few notable kingdoms.
- 14 O.C.C.s and R.C.C.s, including the Lycanmorph and Null Psyborg.
- Mindwerks ‘bots, cyborgs, weapons & equipment.
- Mindwerks M.O.M. conversions, Crazies and insanity.
- Gene-Splicers and their presence on Rifts® Earth.
- Germany’s infamous Black Forest and its evil Millenium Tree.
- Massive new war machines for the Gargoyles and the NGR.
- The Kingdom of Tarnow, its namesake magical crystal and anti-Gargoyle weapons and equipment.
- More information on Europe after the Coming of the Rifts®.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 812. Available now.
The Rifter® #57
– Available now
The Rifter® #57 is an extravaganza of monsters and mayhem to surprise your players and spice up your games.
- Rifts® Lemuria – sneak preview.
- Rifts® – new weapons and vehicles of the Coalition States.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ – 5 new monsters and supernatural threats.
- Palladium Fantasy® – 20 monsters and dangerous animals galore.
- For all game settings – Genie bottles and dimensional pockets.
- Rifts® – The Brodkil War Machinist O.C.C.
- Rifts® – NGR Anthropological Field Operative O.C.C.
- News, coming attractions, and more.
- Cover by Charles Walton II.
- 96 pages – still only $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 157. Available now.
NEW! BIGGER! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
“I think this book is going to amaze people.” – Kevin Siembieda
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- 8 expansive new O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Spouters, Oceanic Guardsman, Biomancer Gene-Mage, Birdmen and others.
- 20+ exotic animals sea serpents, Sea Dragons and riding animals.
- 50+ new Biomancy spells and some new Ocean Magic spells.
- All new Hydro-Psionic powers.
- Biomancer Gardens, herbs and magic.
- Nearly a dozen types of living Bio-Armor (Lemurian power armor).
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Stone vehicles and weird weapons and devices.
- Symbiotic creatures and Biomancy constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater indefinitely.
- New dangers, new challenges, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk with additional material by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- Interior art by Chuck Walton, Mike Mumah, Brian and Allen Manning, Kent Burles, Nick Bradshaw and Amy Ashbaugh.
- 192-224 pages (probably the latter) – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. End of March release.
NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™
Endless Dead says it all. The zombie hordes grow in number and strangeness. Can humankind survive? Where is the military? What’s next for the survivors of the zombie apocalypse?
This book contains horrifying new zombies to haunt your player characters along with new O.C.C.s and tons of tables for detailing Survivors’ Hideouts, Safe Haven Communities, Death Cults and more. Survival is not enough. Now is the time for the war against the Endless Dead™. This book is epic.
- New types of zombies include the Fused Zombie, Multi-Zombie, Parasite Juggernaut and Walking Mass Grave.
- New O.C.C.s include the Wheelman, Zombie Hunter, Zombie Researcher, Survivalist and Watcher.
- Information on vehicles and tables for adding custom armor, weapons and anti-zombie defenses.
- Vehicle combat rules and zombie-fighting in vehicles.
- Random encounter tables for military bases, police stations, gun stores, buildings, suburbs, industrial parks, small towns, farmland and wilderness.
- Tables for creating Survivor caravans, hideouts, hermits, Safe Haven Communities and Death Cults.
- Timetable for setting campaigns during the Wave, the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse or months into the reign of the dead.
- Stats for some of North America’s dangerous wildlife, a threat to survivors and zombies alike.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by Mumah, Bradshaw and others.
- 96 pages $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 233. April release.
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
Unknown to most humans, deep within Mexico the vampires have established entire kingdoms. There they live like tyrants and gods, dominating an underclass of cattle people used as slaves and food stock. Learn more about the vampires, their rivals, allies and the humans who willingly serve their supernatural masters for a chance to join the undead. A must-have guide for those who wish to travel deeper into the Vampire Kingdoms or play as vampires and their human minions.
- More human kingdoms within Mexico like the Tampico Military Protectorate and Durango, the Silver City.
- Firefighting robots, hover firetrucks and more anti-vampire gear.
- Magic based Vampire Hunters and human strongholds.
- Techno-Wizard anti-vampire weapons and magical devices.
- Profiles for Doc Reid and Reid’s Rangers, the world’s most famous Vampire Hunters.
- Fort Reid, an entire city devoted to hunting the undead.
- The Bloodwatch, a secret vampire intelligence agency that tracks down and exterminates Vampire Hunters.
- The Yucatan Peninsula, a mysterious dimensional pocket overrun by strange demons known as Xibalbans.
- The return of the Mayan god Camazotz, Lord of Bats and Darkness.
- The werebeasts of Mexico and Central America; those who assist the vampires and those who fight against them.
- New O.C.C.s like the Bloodwatch Vampire Operative, Silver Swords Militia, Werejaguar Vampire Hunter and the Vampire ‘Borg.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements and Braden Campbell.
- $16.95 – 128 pages. Cat. No. 884. April release.
Rifts® Black Market™ – A Rifts® Sourcebook
On Rifts® Earth, the Black Market is the most prevalent trader in weapons, contraband and magic items outlawed by the Coalition. Explore the day to day business of the market along with its smuggling routes, practices, policies and nefarious products. Encounter the five major Black Market factions in North America and foreign groups like the Yakuza, Green Scarf Sect and the Underground Railroads of Atlantis and the Vampire Kingdoms.
- New O.C.C.s like the Con Man, Coyote and Venture Criminal.
- Black Market services, products, practices and customers.
- Criminal jobs like the Enforcer, Hit Man and Defense Attorney.
- Major smuggling corridors and routes through Coalition territory.
- Smuggling methods, both magical and conventional.
- The Five Factions of North America and other Black Market groups.
- More equipment from Bandito Arms and specialized smuggling gear.
- Tables for creating Traveling Merchants, Caravans, Market Outlets, Market Towns, Clubs and Bars, Body-Chop-Shops and more!
- Information on the Coalition prison system and border security.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Taylor White, with additional material by Kevin Siembieda and Alex Marciniszyn.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 886. May release (tentative).
Rifts® World Book: Northern Gun™ One
The largest independent manufacturer of weapons, robots and adventure gear in North America is Northern Gun™. Located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, they have been the premier outfitter of mercenaries and adventurers for decades, and are a major hub for hiring military contractors. With a whole new product line to offer their customers, the future looks bright for Northern Gun™.
- The arms giant Northern Gun profiled for the first time!
- The Kingdom of Ishpeming, a puppet-state propped up by NG.
- Full 109 P.A. catalog of Northern Gun products!
- New weapons, power armor, vehicles, robots and adventure gear.
- The Ishpeming military, essentially a framework for hiring mercenaries and privateers.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts® Earth.
- Hover trains, supply ships and sales outlets.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the Coalition States, Triax Industries, the Black Market and others.
- Written by Matthew Clements.
- Interior Artwork by Nick Bradshaw, Chuck Walton and others.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 887. May release.
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook
An in-depth look at the Invid Genesis Pits, their purpose, function and the creatures they create.
- Secrets of the Invid.
- Different types of Genesis Pits.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- An 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook (not manga size).
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 555. May release.
- Available in the U.S. and Canada only.
Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, ‘nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell’s Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. June release.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
© Copyright 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.