Palladium Books® Weekly Update – January 13, 2012
By Kevin Siembieda
It’s a new year and there is so much to talk about I’m going to have to spread it out over the next several Weekly Updates. Here’s this week’s exciting news and release information.
Palladium may quite possibly have the most dedicated and talented team of creators working on books of any in time our history. And they are brimming with a million mind-boggling ideas for new books and projects that will make your mouths water.
We have nearly a dozen fantastic new titles in the pipeline slated for just the first six months of the year. All of them are finished to one degree or another and just plain awesome.
The Palladium crew and I are hellbent on getting books finished and in your hands fast. I’m shooting for 1-3 new releases every single month of 2012. And I really think we can do it. We have never had so many high concept books in the pipeline at any one time. Nor so many so close to completion. And every last one of them brimming with pulse-pounding ideas, info and source material that is sure to ignite your imaginations.
On top of that, I want to start producing many more sourcebooks for Palladium Fantasy®, Chaos Earth™, Splicers® and the long awaited Beyond the Supernatural™ books.
Those are Palladium’s 2012 plans in a nutshell. More details follow below and in Weekly Updates in the weeks to come.
Now it’s all up to you.
You hold the fate of Palladium Books in your hands. We are poised to have an explosive year packed with sourcebooks that will send you to Nirvana. But current sales and financial resources are soft.
We need your support now more than ever.
We need you to buy our books – new and old – and to talk them up to start a grass roots promotional campaign.
It may surprise you to learn there are still gamers who think Palladium Books went out of business in 2006! What the . . . ?! That sure surprised me. We need to change that. And now! We need to let gamers know Palladium Books is not only alive and kicking, but producing some of the most imaginative and fun RPG games, sourcebooks and world settings, bar none. Games that focus on storytelling, setting and characters. True “role-playing” games where characters and story matter.
Without you and new people discovering Palladium Books’ RPGs through word of mouth, online and at conventions, our fate is grim. We need your support. Buy Palladium. Play Palladium. Talk about Palladium and the new releases, game lines and settings.
We need to make some noise and we need sales to rise so we can release all of the epic new titles we want to release without delay. Please help us make 2012 Palladium’s triumphant banner year. Be part of the renaissance.
We are giving it our all and we need you to do the same. I know I give a rousing spiel this time every year. We always seem to have big plans and high hopes before something goes awry. Well, this year is going to be different. Don’t take my word for it. The proof will be in the new releases. And wonderful releases they shall be.
UPDATE: Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria is truly epic and shaping up to be part Rifts® Triax, part Rifts® Atlantis, and all fun. I think there is one surprise after another. The name, cover art and nature of the book might have you thinking Rifts® Lemuria is all about underwater civilization, but that’s not the case. There is a ton of new and never before seen material that is all suitable for use on dry land. You see, Lemurians are amphibious. There is all kinds of stuff in this book that can be used on dry land – Lemurian weapons, armor, vehicles, monstrous riding animals and magic that can all be used in the surface world as well as below the waves.
You will find Rifts® Lemuria brimming with new weapons, new Biomancy and Ocean Magic spells, new Symbiotes, never-before-seen living power armor, exotic creatures, sea dragons and monsters wrapped in an exotic history that is sure to surprise and please. I’m talking whacked out stuff you have never seen before. And most of it can be used in any campaign setting.
Read “The Ten things you need to know about Rifts® Lemuria” in the new description in this Weekly Update.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #57. Goes to the printer today! It is a great issue filled with monsters and exotic creatures for Palladium Fantasy®, horrors for Beyond the Supernatural™, some new vehicles and gear for the Coalition States™, an O.C.C. for Triax/NGR™, an article on Pocket Dimensions and more, plus news, and a rockin’ Palladium Fantasy® cover by Chuck Walton.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription offer starts TODAY. This is a great way to support Palladium Books and be rewarded with new source material and gaming ideas every three months! Subscribe during our annual Super-Subscription Offer (now till February 20, 2012) and you get each issue at below cover price, each issue is shipped right to your door FREE to residents of the United States, and you get your choice of a FREE gift worth $12.95 to $16.95 (there is a small cost for shipping and handling).
Click here for complete details and information.
Last chance to get the 2011 Christmas Surprise Package – Offer ENDS this weekend. $80-$90 worth of product for $38 plus shipping and handling. That’s basically a 60% distributor’s discount, and if you request it, we’ll sign your books too. What the heck are you waiting for? Time is up, order this weekend or lose out. Offer ends Midnight, Sunday, January 15, 2012.
UPDATE: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™. This book is another one of those epic new releases coming soon. It presents zombies like you have never quite seen before, 7 new types of them, 5 new survivor O.C.C.s including the Wheelman and Zombie Hunter, vehicle armor rules, many encounter tables, adventure tables, what the military is doing and more. And the artwork. Wow. A February release.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. It immediately follows Endless Dead and should make Rifts® players howl with delight loud enough to wake the dead and send chills up and down the undead. A February or March release.
UPDATE: Rifts® World Book: The Black Market. Matthew is done with the final draft. I need to start assigning the artwork. March release.
UPDATE: Rifts® World Book: Northern Gun™ One. Matthew Clements tells me he thinks NG One and Two are pretty much done, though he still wants to add a few details and give them a final look. Chuck Walton has already started working on the robot and vehicle designs. Nick Bradshaw is working on the gladiatorial robot combatants. March release.
UPDATE: Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook. Irvin Jackson is putting the finishing touches on this sourcebook. March or April release.
UPDATE: Rifts®/Minion War™: Megaverse® in Flames™. This the final chapter in the Minion War . . . or is it? It will set certain things in motion on Rifts Earth that will have lasting consequences and give you new avenues of adventure. April release.
And there is more. Much more. Plans for Palladium Fantasy® sourcebooks, Splicers®, Beyond the Supernatural™, Nightbane®, comic books, web videos, conventions and other excitement. I’ll talk more about them in upcoming Weekly Updates.
UPDATE: Online Sales. Sales have stunk this week. We’re hoping they skyrocket over the weekend as the Christmas Surprise Package offer ends Sunday at Midnight and our Rifter® subscription drive starts today. I also anticipate positive word of mouth about Rifts® Path of the Storm™ and Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (people love them both) will cause their sales to increase throughout the month. Then, hot, upcoming new releases should make a huge difference starting with the impressive Rifter® #57 and the highly anticipated Rifts® Lemuria, both January releases. Meanwhile, we usually see an increase in non-book items in the winter, like prints, bookmarks, Rifts® miniatures, T-shirts, dice bags and other cool stuff. Trying to stay hopeful.
UPDATE: Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles Store. Alex and I continue to add toys and action figures, as well as Palladium collectibles, original artwork, rare limited edition prints, out of print books and other good stuff into my online store. All items are from my personal collection and are generally in very good to mint condition – and priced to sell. We’ll keep adding toys every day or two and putting up a bunch of Palladium collectibles every week. Will try to add stuff this weekend.
Communication is Beautiful
. . . and we plan on doing a lot of it.
As promised, I will be sharing my thoughts and feeling more frequently, like I used to, by posting more Murmurs from the Megaverse® and on the Palladium Facebook Page. I posted a couple Murmurs in the last two days and commented on a number of Facebook posts. I have also been encouraging the rest of the Palladium crew to be more vocal on Facebook. Matthew has being do so, and I think Alex and Wayne will be following suit. Hey, that goes for you Palladium freelancers, too!
A warning about the Murmurs From the Megaverse®: Some are hype and inside information about product, others are personal thoughts and emotions about writing, creativity, product, life, health, love, dreams and, well, everything. And some may be just plain silly, as I have some thoughts about some fun and goofy subject matter.
I also plan to start posting video chats by me about gaming, writing, creativity and Murmur-like stuff on YouTube.
Carmen Bellaire and William “Big Will” Johnson have started to post video reviews about Palladium role-playing games and sourcebooks. The first three are up on YouTube right now, with 2-3 more going up this weekend and one or two more to be posted every week or so. Production quality is excellent. Carmen is a little stiff in the first few, but as he and Will do more they are relaxing and loosening up. Check them out by going to youtube.com/user/Maloquinn/videos.
Though Carmen and Will’s video reviews are completely volunteer and something they are doing on their own, independent of Palladium (thanks, guys!), we see it as part of our push to make some noise about Palladium Books and win back past gamers and attract new gamers!
Sneak Previews to appear on DriveThruRPG.com as soon as they are available. There are 90+ back stock titles, including back issues of The Rifter®, first edition rule books, other sneak previews and the Rifts® Game Master Kit all available as PDF downloads at reasonable prices.
Making more noise – Palladium Convention Events
VisionCon – Springfield, Missouri – February 17-19, 2012. I, Kevin Siembieda, and Jolly Blackburn (Knights of the Dinner Table and my old pal), among many other notable people, will be guests at VisionCon in Springfield, Missouri, February 17-19. This is my first time in the heart of the Midwest and I’m hoping to see gamers from throughout Missouri, as well as some folks from neighboring Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. As always, I’ll be available the entire convention to chat and sign autographs, as well as participate in panel discussions, and I imagine I’ll run a game or two over the weekend. I’ll also bring some prints and a few books to sign and sell. So come on down and join the fun. Don’t know when I’ll be back that way again.
Go to http://www.visioncon.net for more information about VisionCon.
Westland Library hosts Palladium Gaming Event – February 26, 2012. I don’t think the exact date is firmly set yet, but I think it will be Sunday, February 26, 2012, that Julius and I, and a couple other Palladium Game Masters, will be running Rifts® and Palladium Fantasy® gaming events from 1-4 PM at the Westland Public Library.
Palladium Open House – May 4, 5 & 6 (VIP Night, May 3)
Get your admission ticket. this weekend. Palladium Open House – May 4, 5 & 6 - VIP Night is Thursday, May 3, 2012. The last of the VIP tickets will go on sale February 1, 2012. I talk about some of my thoughts for the Open House in today’s Murmurs From the Megaverse®. I’ll talk more about it in an upcoming Weekly Update and convention description in the store in a week or two. I will say now that we want as many of you as possible to attend. We want to see you in our costume competition, we need Game Masters to run events, and we need YOU to join the fun and celebrate 31 years of Palladium Books. Please come.
Gen Con Indy – August, 2012
We’ll be there. What about you? And how about running “official” Palladium gaming events there? You need to file your event forms with Gen Con in the next few weeks. Let’s make some noise there, shall we? More on this next Weekly Update.
In closing. See, I told you there was lots and lots to talk about. I could have gone on for several more pages. I’ll cover more in the next Weekly Update. Meanwhile, check out the 2012 Release Schedule and descriptions for the new releases coming your way.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Game Designer
Fan Comments from Christmas Grab Bags
During the holiday season, we like to let you see some of the many comments we get with the Christmas Surprise Packages. It’s a nice way to acknowledge some of our fans and to share with you the words we hear from gamers throughout the world. We show only the person’s initials as some people would rather keep their identity private. Our thanks for your kind words of appreciation and encouragement. We’re happy to see so many satisfied customers and the rampant enthusiasm. The Extended Christmas Surprise Package offer ENDS Sunday, January 15 – this weekend! This is your last chance to get one.
C.P. in Arlington, Texas, writes: I have been a long time fan and wanted to try the Surprise Package for awhile . . . Thanks for always looking out for the fans.
J.G. in Spokane, Washington, writes: This is my first year playing any pen and paper games and you guys at Palladium have managed to capture my imagination better than any video game, movie or book. You are keeping me sane through college and I can’t tell you how grateful for that I am. Also, thanks for doing the Grab Bag deal, it gives me the opportunity to actually grab some of these books to have on hand, instead of borrowing them from my GM. Happy Holidays.
K.A. in Roseburg, Oregon, writes: I LOVE your games. I really dig all the little details and background stuff you add, plus I’m a sucker for anything post-apocalyptic and you guys seem to specialize in offering up a plethora of armageddons in your various game settings. Keep up the good work!!!
S.J. in Loves Park, Illinois, writes: To Matthew Clements, I absolutely loved Rifts® Path of the Storm! Have you considered writing the subsequent “screenplays?” I hope you do – would love to see what the future holds. To Kevin and the entire staff, keep up the great work! I always look forward to what’s coming next from you guys.
T.H. in Carrolton, Texas, writes: I’ve been with Palladium Books since Mechanoids®: Homeworld™ , and have run thousands of games over the years. My son is now in the Navy and, evidently, has also begun to continue the tradition [of playing Palladium games] there as I did during Desert Shield/Storm. And now, to my surprise, that his friends now camp out in my home most weekends to play as well – your contagion is spreading. :D And I’m more than pleased to be a carrier. Talking to the next generation is definitely revealing that this art from is becoming of great interest to many younger gamers once again. They want the flexibility and depth of pen/paper role-playing that will always be superior to video games and other forms of gaming . . . Keep it going, you guys, we are with you.
C.M. in Webster Groves, Missouri, writes: You guys always do a great job. I have no suggestions.
K.K. in Bradford, Canada, writes: Just want to say that Rifts® was my introduction to tabletop role-playing. Thanks for putting out such an amazing universe. I’m looking forward to more Palladium action in the near future!
P.T. in Pittsburg, California, writes: Kevin Siembieda and the crew of Palladium Books, I wish you guys happy holidays. I hope your game is around for many more years to come. I’ve played it in High School, in the Military and now I’m a college student. I’ve always wanted to see you guys turn this into an MMORPG and I know there has been talk of this for years. . . Rifts®, love playing the game. Have been playing it off and on for over 10 years now. I used to own something like 35 books, but due to miliary moves have lost them all. Now I’m trying to rebuild my collection once again.
C.T. in Raleigh, North Carolina, writes: Love the Christmas Packages! The only thing wrong with them is I already have every Palladium book except for the three on my list. I have been with Palladium since 1992. I started with Robotech® and moved on from there. This is the only game system I play, except for the Star Wars D6 system. One suggestion though, put more books out soon! I’ve got money burning a hole in my pocket! :)
R.A. in Riverton, Utah, writes: Whilst in the midst of epic nerd revival, it has been ceaselessly entertaining flipping through old Rifts® books. I wish I had kept hold of more of them from my youth. Even when I haven’t been more active gaming, the books have always been awesome to thumb through for their art, stories or just for nostalgia. And now that I’ve picked them up again, I can feel the itch to play creeping back into my life. Oy vey! At any rate, keep up the good work and thanks for continuing to share your creativity.
D.B. in Omaha, Nebraska, writes: I can’t thank Kevin and the crew enough for their contributions to the RPG genre and community over the years. I have had my “head exploded” by the amazing Beyond the Supernatural™ HC and Robotech® Gold HC in X-Mas Surprises past . . . but as always, you can never go wrong with an X-Mas Package! Best wishes for 2012.
E.S. in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, writes: Thanks again for not only offering the Grab Bag, but for extending it for so long again this year. It’s a big help to spread out the payments after Christmas, plus, it’s a nice little treat after a long (often stressful) holiday. After all you’ve been through, hopefully 2012 will be a better, brighter and healthier year.
Last weekend to order a Christmas Surprise Package
– Offer ends midnight on Sunday, January 15, 2012
This is it. By now you know all about the Surprise Package, so it’s time to order or miss out until next Christmas. Offer ends midnight on Sunday. Order today!
The Surprise Package is the best bargain of the New Year:
- Get $80-$90 (sometimes more) worth of Palladium product for only $38 plus shipping and handling.
- Ask for autographs and the available staff will sign your books.
- Get original art by Mike Wilson, Kent Burles or the Mannings (art from the other artists are GONE. These guys all donate their artwork so you can enjoy it).
- Get the books you’ve been wanting, or T-shirts, prints, bookmarks and other cool stuff.
- Try a new game or world setting.
- Complete your collection.
- Get enough gaming material to keep you busy all winter.
- Great gifts for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- Ideal for Canada and Overseas Palladium fans, because even with shipping you are paying around the cover price for books, plus getting autographs and other goodies. We highly recommend folks overseas try to take advantage of this opportunity before it is gone.
- Last weekend to order. Offer ends Midnight January 15, 2012.
Click here to place your order.
Palladium Books 2012 Product Release Schedule
January 2012 Releases
- The Rifter #57 – New – goes to the printer tomorrow.
- Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria – New – in final production.
February 2012 Releases
March 2012 Releases
- Rifts® World Book: The Black Market – New
- Rifts® World Book: Northern Gun™ One – New (tentative)
- Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook – New (tentative)
April 2012 Releases
- The Rifter® #58 – New
- Rifts®/Minion War™: Megaverse® in Flames™ – New (tentative)
- Rifts® Northern Gun™ Two – New
May 2012 Releases
- Robotech® UEEF Marines Sourcebook (tentative) – New
- Palladium Open House – May 3-6, 2012 – A gaming extravaganza
All of Palladium’s Core Game Lines to be Supported in 2012
The following are in development:
- Robotech® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Antarctica and other sourcebooks
- Splicers® Sourcebooks
- Heroes Unlimited™ Sourcebooks
- Chaos Earth™ Sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy®: Land of the Damned™ Three
- Nightbane® Sourcebook
- Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebooks
- And other good stuff.
10 things you need to know about Rifts® Lemuria
- The “Fish-People” on the cover are not Lemurians. They are aquatic allies of the Lemurians known as Merans. The guy riding the manta ray isn’t a Lemurian either. He’s an adventurer from the surface visiting a Lemurian city.
- Lemurians are, in effect, amphibious humanoids with legs, feet and an appearance very much like humans. They function equally well on dry land as they do underwater.
- The land and water nature of Lemurians means their weapons, armor and magic are geared for both land and water. This book is jam-packed with weapons, living Bio-Armor, riding animals, monsters, magic spells, vehicles and equipment that can be used in ANY campaign, even those completely land-based.
- Lemurians are ancient humans who existed during the same time period as True Atlanteans about 15,000 years ago. When Atlantis disappeared, it created a global ripple-effect that had profound repercussions on Lemurians and caused their civilization to also vanish.
- Lemurian Biomancer Gene-Mages have, over the centuries, “adjusted” their DNA to make Lemurians amphibious, stronger, faster and advanced humans. They see themselves as humans, but will you?
- Lemurians use Stone Magic and Biomancy but in different and more advanced ways. That means stone vehicles, living power armor, living weapons, machine-like Symbiotes, and strange herbs and plant-life.
- Lemurian Biomancer Gene-Mages have “gene-tweaked” many animals, monsters and sea serpents to make them suitable as riding animals and pets.
- Lemurians know many new Biomancy and Ocean Magic spells and they are presented in this book. Again, many are suitable for use on land.
- Lemurians are the arch-enemy of the Lord of the Deep, the undead and all evil supernatural beings.
- Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria is filled with secrets about the Lemurians, their civilization, Atlanteans, Easter Island, Pre-Rifts Earth history and more. One of the biggest secrets is that Lemurian cities are . . . oops, that’s one of the big reveals in the book, so we can’t give it away here. Sorry.
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
“I think this book is going to amaze people.” – Kevin Siembieda
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- 12 new O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Spouters, Oceanic Guardsman, Biomancer Gene-Mage, Birdmen and others.
- 20+ exotic animals, sea serpents, Sea Dragons and riding animals.
- 50+ new Biomancy spells.
- Biomancer Gardens, herbs and magic.
- Nearly a dozen types of living Bio-Armor (Lemurian power armor).
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Stone vehicles and weird weapons and devices.
- Symbiotic creatures and Biomancy constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater indefinitely.
- New dangers, new challenges, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk with additional material by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- Interior art by Chuck Walton, Mike Mumah, Brian and Allen Manning, Kent Burles, Nick Bradshaw and Amy Ashbaugh.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. January release.
The Rifter® #57
– Ships January
Looking for new ideas and material for your campaign? Then you want The Rifter®. The greatest value of The Rifter® is that every issue offers new and different ideas, and gets your imagination running in directions you might not have considered. It’s an idea factory that will help you generate new ideas of your own, and it also presents valuable source material you can drop right into your games.
The Rifter® is your doorway to unlimited imagination and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new monsters, villains, characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, adventure and ideas for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least two or three other Palladium game lines.
The Rifter #57 is an extravaganza of monsters and mayhem to surprise your players and spice up your games.
- Rifts® – new weapons and vehicles of the Coalition States.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ – monsters and supernatural threats.
- Palladium Fantasy® – monsters and dangerous animals galore.
- For all game settings – Genie bottles and dimensional pockets.
- Rifts® – The Brodkil War Machinist.
- Rifts® – NGR Anthropological Field Operative.
- News, coming attractions, and more.
- Cover by Charles Walton II.
- 96 pages – still only $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 157. January release.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription
– Limited Time Offer – Starts Today
● Free gift
● Free shipping of each issue in the USA
● Each issue delivered to your doorstep
● A Megaverse® of source material, adventure & fun
The cover price of The Rifter® is only $11.95 – a steal for 96 pages of RPG source material and adventures – but a subscription gets you The Rifter® for only $9.95 an issue (in the USA) delivered to your doorstep, and you can select a free gift worth $12.95-$16.95 (available only during this special offer, for the cost of shipping and handling). All prices are in U.S. dollars.
● $39.80 – USA. That’s only $9.95 each, a savings of $8.00, and Palladium pays the shipping! Plus you get to select a FREE subscriber’s gift worth $12.95-$16.95 (please include $5.00 to cover shipping and handling). That’s $44.80 total including shipping and handling for the free gift. Note: This rate is limited to subscribers in the USA only. Sorry.
● $61.80 – Canada. That’s $15.45 for each issue of The Rifter®, plus you get to select the FREE subscriber’s gift (please include $7.00 to cover shipping and handling). That’s $68.80 including the gift item. That’s still not a bad price for a 96 page sourcebook. Our apologies for the higher cost, but Palladium Books can not cover the cost of postage to other countries. We hope you understand.
● $75.80 – Overseas. That’s $18.95 for each 96 page issue, plus you get to select a FREE subscriber’s gift (please include $13.00 to cover shipping and handling). That’s $88.80 including the gift item. We are only passing along the additional postage cost, but it is hefty. Our apologies. Postal rates are out of our hands. Likewise, the purchaser is responsible for any duty or customs fees.
Note: Please indicate if the gift item is NOT wanted. You may decline the gift and get your subscription for the regular price of $39.80 (USA), $61.80 (Canada) or $75.80 (other countries).
FREE GIFT with your subscription
Subscribe now and get a FREE gift worth $12.95-$16.95: You pay only the cost of shipping and handling ($5.00 in the USA, $7.00 Canada, and $13.00 overseas).
- Gift choice #1: Best of The Rifter® ($12.95 value).
- Gift choice #2: The Rifts® Anthology: Tales of the Chi-Town ‘Burbs™; short stories by Campbell, Gleba, Siembieda, and others ($12.95 value).
- Gift choice #3: Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® RPG (manga size); core rule book ($16.95 value) – U.S. & Canada ONLY.
- Gift choice #4: Robotech® The Masters Saga (manga size); sourcebook ($16.95 value) – U.S. & Canada ONLY.
- Gift choice #5: Rifts® Path of the Storm™; sourcebook & movie screenplay ($12.95 value).
- Gift choice #6: Rifts® Naruni Wave Two; sourcebook ($16.95 value).
Click here to order yours today.
NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™
Endless Dead says it all. The zombie hordes grow in number and strangeness. Can humankind survive? Where is the military? What’s next for the survivors of the zombie apocalypse?
This book contains horrifying new zombies to haunt your player characters along with new O.C.C.s and tons of tables for detailing Survivors’ Hideouts, Safe Haven Communities, Death Cults and more. Survival is not enough. Now is the time for the war against the Endless Dead™. This book is epic.
- New types of zombies include the Fused Zombie, Multi-Zombie, Parasite Juggernaut and Walking Mass Grave.
- New O.C.C.s include the Wheelman, Zombie Hunter, Zombie Researcher, Survivalist and Watcher.
- Information on vehicles and tables for adding custom armor, weapons and anti-zombie defenses.
- Vehicle combat rules and zombie-fighting in vehicles.
- Random encounter tables for military bases, police stations, gun stores, buildings, suburbs, industrial parks, small towns, farmland and wilderness.
- Tables for creating Survivor caravans, hideouts, hermits, Safe Haven Communities and Death Cults.
- Timetable for setting campaigns during the Wave, the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse or months into the reign of the dead.
- Stats for some of North America’s dangerous wildlife, a threat to survivors and zombies alike.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by Mumah, Bradshaw and others.
- 96 pages $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 233. February release.
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
Unknown to most humans, deep within Mexico the vampires have established entire kingdoms. There they live like tyrants and gods, dominating an underclass of cattle people used as slaves and food stock. Learn more about the vampires, their rivals, allies and the humans who willingly serve their supernatural masters for a chance to join the undead. A must-have guide for those who wish to travel deeper into the Vampire Kingdoms or play as vampires and their human minions.
- More human kingdoms within Mexico like the Tampico Military Protectorate and Durango, the Silver City.
- Firefighting robots, hover firetrucks and more anti-vampire gear.
- Magic based Vampire Hunters and human strongholds.
- Techno-Wizard anti-vampire weapons and magical devices.
- Profiles for Doc Reid and Reid’s Rangers, the world’s most famous Vampire Hunters.
- Fort Reid, an entire city devoted to hunting the undead.
- The Bloodwatch, a secret vampire intelligence agency that tracks down and exterminates Vampire Hunters.
- The Yucatan Peninsula, a mysterious dimensional pocket overrun by strange demons known as Xibalbans.
- The return of the Mayan god Camazotz, Lord of Bats and Darkness.
- The werebeasts of Mexico and Central America; those who assist the vampires and those who fight against them.
- New O.C.C.s like the Bloodwatch Vampire Operative, Silver Swords Militia, Werejaguar Vampire Hunter and the Vampire ‘Borg.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements and Braden Campbell.
- $16.95 – 128 pages. Cat. No. 884. February release.
Rifts® Black Market™ – A Rifts® Sourcebook
On Rifts® Earth, the Black Market is the most prevalent trader in weapons, contraband and magic items outlawed by the Coalition. Explore the day to day business of the market along with its smuggling routes, practices, policies and nefarious products. Encounter the five major Black Market factions in North America and foreign groups like the Yakuza, Green Scarf Sect and the Underground Railroads of Atlantis and the Vampire Kingdoms.
- New O.C.C.s like the Con Man, Coyote and Venture Criminal.
- Black Market services, products, practices and customers.
- Criminal jobs like the Enforcer, Hit Man and Defense Attorney.
- Major smuggling corridors and routes through Coalition territory.
- Smuggling methods, both magical and conventional.
- The Five Factions of North America and other Black Market groups.
- More equipment from Bandito Arms and specialized smuggling gear.
- Tables for creating Traveling Merchants, Caravans, Market Outlets, Market Towns, Clubs and Bars, Body-Chop-Shops and more!
- Information on the Coalition prison system and border security.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Taylor White, with additional material by Kevin Siembieda and Alex Marciniszyn.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 886. March release.
Rifts® World Book: Northern Gun™ One
The largest independent manufacturer of weapons, robots and adventure gear in North America is Northern Gun™. Located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, they have been the premier outfitter of mercenaries and adventurers for decades, and are a major hub for hiring military contractors. With a whole new product line to offer their customers, the future looks bright for Northern Gun™.
- The arms giant Northern Gun profiled for the first time!
- The Kingdom of Ishpeming, a puppet-state propped up by NG.
- Full 109 P.A. catalog of Northern Gun products!
- New weapons, power armor, vehicles, robots and adventure gear.
- The Ishpeming military, essentially a framework for hiring mercenaries and privateers.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts® Earth.
- Hover trains, supply ships and sales outlets.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the Coalition States, Triax Industries, the Black Market and others.
- Written by Matthew Clements.
- Interior Artwork by Nick Bradshaw, Chuck Walton and others.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 887. March release.
Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, ‘nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell’s Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. April release.
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook
An in-depth look at the Invid Genesis Pits, their purpose, function and the creatures they create.
- Secrets of the Invid.
- Different types of Genesis Pits.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- An 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook (not manga size).
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 555. February 2012 release.
- Available in the U.S. and Canada only.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
© Copyright 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.