Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Sept. 15, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
Last Day for the Prelude to Lemuria Sale. Sale ends at midnight so this is your last chance to take advantage of this sale. Rifts® World Book 7: Rifts® Underseas and Rifts® Sourcebook 4: Coalition Navy, a total value of $41.90 for only $25.15! You know you’ll end up buying these two books after Rifts® Lemuria comes out – and at full price – so save money and get them both now at a juicy discount. It’s almost like buying Rifts® Underseas and getting Coalition Navy for free! Offer ends tonight, Thursday, September 15, 2011.
There are three NEW sales starting today. This summer, I promised there would be a few more sales to celebrate Palladium Books’ 30th Anniversary. You can read all the details below, but they are pretty darn good – crazy good. At least one is outrageous, because I wanted to offer something memorable and fun for our fans. I hope you enjoy all three of the new sales. Each lasts only one week, so take advantage of them while you can.
New releases in the pipeline
I feel like we are getting a lot done and moving quickly toward some big releases. There is excitement in the air and the products you’ve been anticipating are rushing toward release.
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation Sourcebook. My editing and writing for Robotech® New Generation™ is done. Wayne is doing his edit of the final quarter of the book. The rest has been submitted to Harmony Gold for review and approval. I have assigned some of the artwork and will be assigning more. I love this book and hope final approval from Harmony Gold is quick and easy. An October release is looking solid.
We received the finished cover art from Apollo Okamura this afternoon. It looks pretty sweet. This book is coming together nicely.
UPDATE: Robotech® Genesis Pits Sourcebook. I’m really shooting for a December, 2011 release with the Genesis Pits sourcebook. Irvin has been working on it for a while now and it is coming along nicely.
UPDATE: Robotech® Marines Sourcebook. I want to see this book out early in 2012.
UPDATE: Rifts® Lemuria. I’ve been writing and editing away on this bad boy off and on for most of the week. Spent 10 hours on it yesterday. This is going to be one cool book. This is an October release.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #56. The articles have been selected. I’m assigning the artwork today, and the editing process starts tomorrow. This is an October release.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. I can hardly wait to finish this companion to Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms. If it doesn’t get released in October it will be out in November. A big hunk of it is already done, so it’s a matter of finishing it.
UPDATE: Dead Reign™: Sourcebook 3. I’m happy to report that earlier this week E.M. Gist agreed to paint the cover. He has done all the covers in the series so far and I love his work. Nick Bradshaw has been working on art for the book already too. I have not given this book a specific title yet, because the ideas are still percolating and I have three possible titles in mind. Probably a November release.
BIG releases in October: Right now, we are on track to see the following books released in October:
- The Rifter® #56 – in final production.
- Rifts® Lemuria – in final production.
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – in final production.
- And hopefully, Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. If not in October, then in November.
- Followed by Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3, Megaverse® in Flames, Robotech® Genesis Pits™, and hopefully, Chaos Earth™: First Responders, plus some titles back in print.
UPDATE: Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™. This is another book I can hardly wait to get into your hands. I want this book out no later than December, but I’m actually shooting for a November release. This is a big, 160-192 page extravaganza jam-packed with amazing ideas, new magic, menaces and drama.
Rifts® Chaos Earth™: First Responders Sourcebook is tentatively scheduled for a December release.
Portents of the future. In addition to working on current books in the pipeline, I’m already plotting product for 2012 release, including books for Beyond the Supernatural™, Palladium Fantasy®, Chaos Earth™ and Dead Reign™.
Matthew Clements is cruising on the writing for Rifts® Northern Gun and he and I have been working on developing a few other projects (2012 releases).
John Zeleznik is kicking around ideas for the Rifts® Black Market cover (early 2012 release).
Mark Evans wants a cover to do and I’m thinking the cover to a little project written by Taylor White slated for Rifts® Chaos Earth™ (early 2012 release).
UPDATE: Kevin’s Online Store. Alex has packed the store with more than 130 toys and collectibles from my personal collection. All are priced to sell. Toys are mostly Star Wars and Marvel Superhero action figures, but there are other odds and ends, including Robotech® action figures in there as well. Palladium collectibles such as autographed out of print books and gold editions are going up today and over the weekend. We’ll be adding more books, proofreader copies, and some artwork, rare prints, etc., so take a look every now and then. Many items are rare. See for yourself at: http://stores.ebay.com/kevinstoys-artandcollectibles
Zombie Video: When Rex Barkdoll was in town a few months back, we set up a bunch of Kathy’s zombie Halloween props at the Palladium warehouse for a photo shoot. The end result is a cool, short trailer for Kathy Simmons’ online store QueenofGhouls.com that I find addictive to watch. It is worth checking out. By the way, that’s Wayne Smith behind the wheel of the car rushing toward the zombies. The other two vidoes show parts of the massive Halloween display Kathy and I put up every year in front of her home. They are fun to watch too.
Halloween Store – QueenofGhouls.com – New website. Kathy’s new and improved website has gone live for your enjoyment. More will be added in the weeks to come. Check out her videos, ghoulish photo gallery, and store offerings.
Kathy Simmons makes and sells life-like, life-sized Halloween props that are realistic, fun and funny. As good as they look in the photos, they are so much better in person. Her Ebay store currently offers a host of zombies, killer clowns, a sinister circus ringmaster, a werewolf, scary nurse, a new type of crawling zombie, wizard, witch and much more. Plus, she has plans for a Mad Doctor, more zombies and monsters in the works. Halloween is only 46 days away.
Kathy’s life-sized Halloween props are unlike anything you have ever seen (unless you’ve been to the Palladium Open House). If you are looking for a standout Halloween item for your front lawn, one of these will do the trick. Easy to set up, wet weather is no problem. Folds up for storage. WARNING: Once you see one of Kathy’s ghouls in person and get rants and raves from everyone who visits your home on Halloween, you may find yourself buying a new one every year. QueenofGhouls.com
UPDATE: Convention Appearance Alert: Detroit Fanfare – Sept. 24 & 25, 2011. We’ll be there, how about you? The Palladium booth will offer a large selection of our role-playing games as well as some choice toys, comic books and collectibles, including Ninja Turtle RPG books. Julius, Matthew, Alex, and I will be available to chat and sign books both days, Wayne is available only on Sunday and a number of other Palladium artists like Kevin Eastman, Mike Mumah, Chuck Walton, Mark Dudley, Comfort Love, Adam Withers, and others will be at the event as well. It’s our first time at the Detroit FanFare, but we have heard only good things about this convention, so come on down and join the fun.
UPDATE: Palladium Open House – May 4, 5 & 6, 2012 (May 3 is VIP Night). I hope Palladium fans are saving up to come on over to the 2012 Palladium Open House. Three days of nonstop gaming; Palladium role-playing with the very people who make the books you love: Kevin Siembieda, Julius Rosenstein, Carmen Bellaire, Carl Gleba, Brandon Aten and a host of others, as well as some of the best Game Masters in the country. People come from far and wide – from coast to coast, Canada, England, Germany and Japan. Plus, you get to hang with me (Kevin Siembieda), the Palladium staff, and a slue of freelance artists and writers, get autographs, chat and have a blast. You can enter the Costume Contest to win prizes and glory, get rare items at the live auction, ask questions, enjoy panel talks and more. We’ve been cooking up ideas to make the 2012 Open House the best ever. Reserve your place at the Open House today. It helps us plan and prepare, and we can only accommodate around 300 gamers, so if you’re coming, place those admission orders sooner than later.
More convention news and details are located toward the end of the Weekly Update.
Final thoughts. Energy is running high. New releases are coming together and they are looking fantastic. Creative energy is dialed to the max and coming together. There are some excellent books getting closer and closer to October and November releases! The only downside has been sluggish September sales. Grrrr. But we remain focused on releasing fun new titles that will please and wow you. In fact, I plan on spending half of my weekend working on Rifts® Lemuria.
Don’t forget about our crazy 30th Anniversary Sales and keep those imaginations burning bright.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher & Fan Boy
Last Day – Prelude to Lemuria™ Sale – Cat. No. MEM24
– Sale ends at Midnight, September 15, 2011
$41.90 worth of books for only $25.15. We call this sale the Prelude to Lemuria, because you get Rifts® Underseas and Rifts® Sourcebook 4: Coalition Navy. Both of which offer a wealth of information, ships, boats, aquatic power armor, Navy O.C.C.s, monsters and gear suitable for campaigns above and below the waves, and which, of course, make nice companions to Rifts® Lemuria.
You know you’ll end up buying these two books after Rifts® Lemuria comes out – and at full price – so get Rifts® World Book 7: Rifts® Underseas and Rifts® Sourcebook 4: Coalition Navy ($41.90 retail) for only $25.15! Offer ends at midnight, September 15, 2011.
Rifts® Underseas Highlights:
- Ocean Magic and Ocean Wizards, Sea Druids and more.
- Play dolphins and whales (Rifts® style) and cast Dolphin magic or use Whale Spellsongs. Yes, dolphins and whales can be player characters and NPCs.
- A dozen ocean monsters, plus Gene-Splicer monsters.
- The Lord of the Deep and his vile minions.
- Tritonia and the Amphib mutant O.C.C.s.
- The New Navy and its O.C.C.s, weapons, power armor, submarines and ships.
- Horune Pirates, Kittani gear, weapons, ships and power armor galore.
- Art by Kevin Long, Scott Johnson, and others.
- 216 pages – ($24.95 is the normal retail price – Cat. No. 815).
Rifts® Coalition Navy Highlights:
- The Coalition war machine on the waves.
- Coalition warships and submarines.
- Coalition aquatic power armor and sea sleds.
- Coalition Navy O.C.C.s including Commandos and Sea Dogs.
- Coalition Sea SAMAS, Sea-Spider Walker, weapons and more.
- Coalition aircraft and overview of the CS Navy.
- 10 aquatic monsters of North America.
- Pirates and Privateers.
- Art by Perez, Breaux, Dudley and others.
- 128 pages – ($16.95 is the normal retail price – Cat. No. 828).
Sale: Get both books for $25.15 – Sale Cat. No. MEM24
Three 30th Anniversary Sales
Here are three sales to make your weekend special.
I Can’t Believe this Crazy Sale
- Four books for $10
You get FOUR exciting sourcebooks for use with Heroes Unlimited™ and After the Bomb®, and all of them are easy to adapt to Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Nightbane® and other settings. Each offers a selection of fully statted out mutant animals that you can introduce into your games as aliens, mutants, monsters, heroes or player characters. They also offer other valuable source material like giant insect riding animals, airships, weapons, magic and more.
This sale is crazy. Has Kevin lost his mind?! The price is less than wholesale to distributors!! Even Alex and Wayne couldn’t talk sense into him. Kev just kept saying, “It’s Palladium’s 30 year anniversary. Let’s do something memorable. These are fun books gamers need to have in their collections. I’m doing it!” Then he ran off laughing and muttering what we think was, “I am power.” The sale is ONE WEEK ONLY. Tell everyone. Sale ends at midnight, September 22, 2011.
- Road Hogs™, 48 pages, $9.95 retail, 20 mutant animals, vehicle combat and souped-up vehicle creation rules.
- Mutants Down Under™, 48 pages, $9.95 retail, nearly 30 mutant animals, plus Dream Time Magic, animal psionics, airships, and adventures set in post-apocalyptic Australia.
- Mutants of the Yucatan™, 48 pages, $9.95 retail, 20 mutant animals including several types of mutant snakes, plus mutant ants, jungle skills, tribes of the Yucatan and regional overview. This material could even add some nice spice to your Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ campaign and weirdness to the Yucatan Peninsula of Rifts Earth.
- Mutants in Avalon™, 80 pages, $16.95 retail, nearly 20 mutant animals, plus mutant insects, druids, magic, King Arthur and adventure set in post-apocalyptic England.
- $10.00 is your special sale price for ALL four items! Available for ONE WEEK ONLY. Offer ends Thursday, September 22, 2011.
- $46.80 is the total value at normal retail for these four items.
- Cat. No. MEM25.
Let Me Try The Rifter® Sale
– Three books for $15
More madness from Kevin Siembieda. You get issues #43 and #44 of The Rifter®, plus The Best of The Rifter® at a ridiculously low price. Each issue of The Rifter® offers optional source material for Rifts® and other game settings from across the Megaverse®.
- The Rifter® #43, 96 pages, $11.95 retail, tribute to Erick Wujcik after he had passed away, plus 22 female villains and great artwork because this is one of Palladium’s famous Swimsuit Issues. Don’t let that fool you, these beautiful, but deadly femme fatales can spice up any campaign.
- The Rifter® #44, 96 pages, $11.95 retail, special “monster” issue with 10 giant monsters, source material for Nightbane® including new, monstrous Morphuses and the Nightbane Talent Shaper O.C.C., the Wormwood™ Addenda: Part Two, The Scaring Crow for Beyond the Supernatural™ and more.
- The Best of the Rifter®, 128 pages, $12.95 retail, some of the best and most popular source material collected from The Rifter® #1-33, plus a complete Index of The Rifter® #1-33, P.P.E. Channeling, 13 Deadly Magicks, G.M. tips by Erick Wujcik, a Knights of the Dinner Table comic strip and source material for Nightbane®, Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, and other settings.
- $15.00 is your special sale price for ALL three items! Available for ONE WEEK ONLY. Offer ends Thursday, September 22, 2011.
- $36.85 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM26.
Out of Print Rifter® Sale
The madness continues as you can purchase three OUT OF PRINT issues of The Rifter® – #5, 6 and 7 at prices way below the collector’s market which puts each item at the $15.95 to $30.00 price range.
Each issue of The Rifter® offers optional source material for Rifts® and other game settings from across the Megaverse®. These also include Knights of the Dinner Table comic strips and other good stuff.
- The Rifter® #5, 128 pages, $15.95 is what we sell this item for at conventions. It includes Techno-Wizard aircraft and the Barnstormer O.C.C. and other new O.C.C.s for Rifts®, Heroes throughout the Ages adventure, more about the Palladium Fantasy RPG® Rahu-Man and his use in other world settings, Rune Weapons, Werebeasts in Nightbane® and more.
- The Rifter® #6, 128 pages, $15.95 is what we sell this item for at conventions. It includes an in-depth look at Assassins and assassin guilds for the Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Russian gods in Rifts®, Game Master advice for running campaigns, plus source material for Ninjas & Superspies™, Heroes Unlimited™ and more.
- The Rifter® #7, 128 pages, $15.95 is what we sell this item for at conventions. It includes monsters and adventure ideas for Nightbane®, The Dragon Hunters of Kremakrilon adventure for Palladium Fantasy®, 10 new martial arts and some Martial Arts Powers for Ninjas & Superspies™, experimental Skelebots for Rifts®, a short story and more.
- $30.00 is your special sale price for ALL three items! Available for ONE WEEK ONLY. Offer ends Thursday, September 22, 2011.
- $47.85 is the total value for these three items as sold by Palladium Books, possibly more in the collector’s market.
- Cat. No. MEM27.
NEW! Rifts® World Book One:
Vampire Kingdoms™, New Revised Edition
– Available now
Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ is in our warehouse waiting for your order. Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Order yours today.
For centuries, Mexico has been considered the realm of monsters best left alone. A land dominated by packs of Wild Vampires and rumored to be home of Vampire Kingdoms in the south. Most of the northern civilizations have stayed away, but over the last 20 years, a growing number of heroes, vampire slayers and adventurers have been waging something of a secret war against the undead. As that battle escalates, stories of heroes, vampires and entire human populations enslaved by the undead or penned, raised and slaughtered like cattle, are starting to leak out. Come see for yourself if the rumors are true and join the battle for humanity in Mexico.
- Vampire Hunter O.C.C.s, all new.
- Vampires: Their strengths, weaknesses and powers.
- Vampire strategies and plans for conquest.
- Vampire minions, henchmen and protectors, all new.
- Rifts vampires, how they think, behave, fight and kill.
- Different types of vampires, their Master, and the Vampire Intelligence (the deific creator of the undead).
- Hero Vampire and Deluded Vampire R.C.C.s as player characters.
- 40+ vampire abilities, vampire weaknesses and combat notes.
- Vampire combat and the weapons and techniques of vampire slayers.
- Who can be turned into vampires and who cannot.
- Chupacabras and other monsters and riding animals.
- Reid’s Ranger O.C.C. and the observations of Doc Reid, all new.
- Vampire fighting weapons, silver bullets, wooden stakes and more.
- The city-states of El Paso and Ciudad Juarez described. Updated and expanded.
- Town creation tables and rules. All new.
- Vampire ruled towns and the hold they have over them. All new.
- Wild Vampires and the secret behind their presence in northern Mexico.
- Overviews of the Vampire Kingdoms, with expanded material on vampire society, hierarchy, their psychology, behavior, human cattle and servants, vampire dominion over the villages and towns of Northern Mexico and much more.
- Ideas for adventure throughout. Updated and revised to 109 P.A.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda. Additional text and ideas by Matthew Clements and Braden Campbell.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 802-E. Available now. Order yours today.
Here’s a link to a comprehensive review of Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™: http://roleplayerschronicle.com/?p=12454
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
– Ships October, 2011
The power, secrets and magic of the underwater realm of Lemuria revealed. Player characters can use symbiotes, magic and technology to breathe underwater and spend time below the waves.
Lemuria is more than an underwater civilization of aquatic beings. They can trace their lineage as far back as the Atlanteans and can survive on dry land as well as underwater. In fact, their greatest secret is that there is no one resting place for the Lemurians, their great cities are always moving. Learn about the people of Lemuria, new Biomancy magic and weapons, Biomancy engineered riding animals, sea herbs, new powers of healing, sea monsters, and more. Epic adventure awaits.
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Aquatic Biomancer and others.
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Biomancer Gardens and Aquatic Biomancy.
- Biomancy armor, weapons and equipment.
- Symbiotic creatures and constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater indefinitely.
- New psionic abilities.
- Sea Serpents, Sea Dragons, monsters, and riding animals.
- New dangers, new challenges, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. October release.
NEW! The Rifter® #56
– Ships October, 2011
The Rifter® is your doorway to unlimited imagination and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new heroes, powers, weapons, magic and adventure for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider.
The Rifter® #56: The articles are expansive and fun.
- Rifts® in space. The orbital communities and weirdness, by O.J. Pinckert.
- Beyond the Supernatural: Tainted Martyr P.C.C. by Steven Dawes.
- Nightbane®: Dark Days Chronicles Four – short story by Jeremy M. Hutchins.
- For all game settings – Time Travel rules by Greg Spivey and Jason Smith.
- News and coming attractions.
- Fiction and more.
- Cover by Irvin Jackson.
- $11.95 retail – 96 pages – Cat. No. 156. October release.
NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook
– Ships October, 2011
The battle for the liberation of Earth starts here. For the first time in its history, the Earth has been invaded and occupied by alien invaders – the Invid. The Invid think they have won, but Freedom Fighters, UEEF soldiers and other heroes continue to fight. This is the first sourcebook to combine ALL generations of Robotech® into one epic setting.
- A setting in which Battloids, Veritechs, power armor and technology from all eras of Robotech come together.
- Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of Robotech® mecha.
- O.C.C.s include the Freedom Fighter, Patcher, Urchin, Pathfinder and Invid Protoculture Experiments; seven in all.
- The resistance and how it operates in the New Generation setting.
- New weapons, vehicles and mecha.
- Guidelines for survival and rules for exposure.
- Stats for notable New Generation characters such as Corg, Sera, Lunk, Annie, Rook and others.
- World overview and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by Apollo Okamura.
- A standard 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. October 2011 release.
NEW! Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
The Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ will expand upon old material from the original Vampire Kingdoms World Book as well as much completely new material. Trouble is stirring in the Vampire Kingdoms as ambitious vampire lords, ladies and misanthropes seek to expand their power to dominate more mortal life forms. This sourcebook will be every bit as exciting and packed with cool stuff as Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™.
- Vampires of the Yucatan, the dark god Camazotz and more.
- Vampires and Werebeasts of the Yucatan.
- Expanded overview of the Yucatan.
- Doc Reid and key Rangers, plus Fort Reid described.
- Magic based Vampire Hunters and human strongholds.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and gear. Plus more non-TW vehicles and gear.
- Vampire Hunter “exterminators.” Mortal assassins who serve the vampires by hunting and destroying Vampire Hunters and other enemies of the Vampire Kingdoms.
- New info about the Vampire Kingdoms, adventure ideas and more.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Braden Campbell and Matthew Clements.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 884. October or November release.
NEW! Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, ‘nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell’s Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. November release.
NEW! Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders
Data about the chaos and madness of the early days of the Great Cataclysm, and the brave men and women who tried to stem the tide of destruction and save lives, the First Responders.
- Apocalypse Plagues: Strange diseases, symbiotes and mutations that transform, torment, harm and kill Earth's survivors.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- Civilian O.C.C.s, skills and orientation.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Character modification and enhancement rules.
- Creatures from the Rifts and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Jason Richards & Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 to 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Coming in 2011.
BACK IN PRINT
Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™
Earth is home to thousands of alien species from beyond the Rifts, but one of the strangest and most dangerous is the Xiticix. A danger nobody seemed to realize until the sprawling Hivelands began to encroach on the territories of other people. Armed with new breeds of aggressive warriors, new weapons and legions of insectoids willing to fight to the death, people are beginning to wonder if they are the next threat to humanity.
- 9 different types of Xiticix, their hierarchy and society.
- Xiticix Hive Cities, defenses and plans for expansion.
- Xiticix powers, abilities and weapons.
- Psi-Stalker Tribes fighting the Xiticix. The Psi-Stalker R.C.C. revisited.
- Heroes and Hardcases: groups and 15 Non-Player Characters.
- Plots against the alien invaders by the Coalition States, Lazlo and others.
- Fort Barron of the Coalition Army, mapped and described.
- Adventures, maps and many adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Wayne Breaux Jr.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 838. Available now. Order yours today.
BACK IN PRINT
Coalition Wars® One: Sedition
The Coalition Army is in place and waging war on Tolkeen, a Kingdom of Magic. This sourcebook lays the groundwork for an epic conflict and ongoing campaign. If you don’t want to play out the war, it provides all kinds of valuable stand-alone source material, magic items, magic spells, magic weapons, TW Iron Juggernauts, monsters, villains and adventure ideas.
- Magic vs Technology: Coalition anti-magic devices and tactics.
- 70+ Techno-Wizard weapons and devices.
- 10 Spells of Legend, 6 fabled magic artifacts, 11 maps.
- Techno-Wizard Iron Juggernauts – giant robot-like war machines powered by magic.
- Techno-Wizard vehicle construction rules plus 12 specific types of vehicles.
- Tolkeen’s war plans and strategies, plus a Tolkeen time-line of events leading to war.
- Tolkeen combat formations and monster allies.
- Notable places like the Great Skelebot Graveyard, City of Solomon, Camp Fatale, and others.
- Ley Line Magic, key people and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Bill Coffin.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 839. Available now. Order yours today.
BACK IN PRINT
Coalition Wars® Two: Coalition Overkill™
The war escalates on both sides. A new breed of Coalition officers begin to come to the forefront, and with them cruelty, murder and genocide. The Coalition Army is ruthless, but Tolkeen has a few tricks up its sleeve, like an alliance with a race of ancient demons known as the Daemonix.
- Introducing the Daemonix demons.
- 40+ NPCs, Coalition combat squads and operations.
- Coalition Flying Leviathan Stratocarrier.
- Tolkeen strategies and tactics.
- The Coalition’s campaign of revenge.
- Bounty Hunters, mercenaries, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Bill Coffin.
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 840. Available now. Order yours today.
Rifts® Book of Magic
– Back in Print – Available Now
This is the ultimate guide to magic on Rifts Earth. All the magic spells, magic tattoos, Techno-Wizard items, magic weapons, equipment, body armor, restraints, parasites, symbiotes, magic items, Automatons, Iron Juggernauts, and more from Rifts® World Books 1-23, Sourcebooks 1-4, and Siege on Tolkeen 1-6, collected into one big reference. This is a great reference book. Kevin and all of us at Palladium use it and the Rifts® Game Master Guide constantly.
- 850+ spells of great variety.
- 370+ magic items, weapons and devices.
- Elemental Magic, Temporal Magic, Ley Line Magic, Cloud Magic and Necromancy.
- Tattoo Magic, Nazca Line Magic, Nature Magic, Whalesongs and Ocean Magic, and more.
- Magic Songs, Chants, Biomancy, Magic Herbs, and Iron Juggernauts.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and devices, Rune Weapons, Millennium Tree wands and other magic items.
- Magic herbs, plants, components and symbiotes.
- Shamanistic magic, Fetishes, Talismans and more.
- Comprehensive index of Practitioners of Magic.
- Designer notes, comments, tips & hints for running magic characters.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and others.
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
– Back in Print – Available now
This fan-favorite sourcebook is filled with high-tech wonders, magic and monsters. There are 20 O.C.C.s (Occupational Character Classes) that range from the traditional ninja and samurai to power armor, giant robots and cyborgs.
- 20 O.C.C.s including the Mystic Ninja, Ninja Cyborg, Ninja Juicer, Cyber-Samurai, Ninja Techno-Wizard, Japanese Demon Queller & more.
- 12 suits of power armor including Samurai SAMAS and Glitter Boys.
- 9 giant robots.
- Cyborgs of Japan, including Dragon Cyborgs and other bionics.
- Advanced weapons, melee weapons and other gear.
- Mystical powers and martial arts.
- Enchanted weapons and items including the Living Samurai Sword.
- 11 notable demons, goblins and dragons of Japan.
- Kyoto Millennium Tree, visions, wands and weapons.
- Overview of Japan, its people, magic and technology.
- Written by C.J. Carella.
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
– Back in Print – Available now
The Coalition State of Lone Star is a wild and woolly place of contrast and conflict. The Coalition States claims the entire State of Texas as their own, but they only control a small corner of it. It is here, at the Lone Star Complex, that the CS engages in genetic engineering and creates the famous Dog Boys and a host of other mutants. The rest of the state is held by the Pecos Empire – an empire of bandits, outlaws and rebels. The perfect companion to Rifts® New West™, Rifts® Spirit West™ and Rifts® Machinations of Doom™.
- 19 R.C.C.s, many of which are mutants.
- A few new O.C.C.s.
- Dog Boys – an in-depth look at how they are designed, bred and trained.
- Dog Boy armor and CS weapons.
- CS Death Wing assault armor.
- Hover cycles of the Lone Star state.
- Notable characters in the region.
- Overview of Lone Star and the Pecos Empire.
- Overview of the Lone Star Complex and the mad doctor who runs it.
- A wealth of background material and adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825. Available now.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads fromDriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include.
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
2011 Palladium Releases
2011 New Releases & Back in Print
- Rifts® World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms™ – New – Available now!
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™ – New – Available now!
- Armageddon Unlimited™ – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #53 – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #54 – New – Available now!
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 20: Canada – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Dark Conversions™ – Back in print – Available now
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Game Master Guide – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 5: Triax & The NGR™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® China One – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Megaverse® Builder – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Baseball Cap – Back in stock – Available now
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Black Vault™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Mercenaries™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Book of Magic – Back in print – Available now
June 2011 Releases
- Rifts® WB 23: Free Quebec™ – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
July 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #55 – New – Available now
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book One: Sedition– BACK IN PRINT – Available now
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book Two: Coalition Overkill – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™ – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
August 2011 Releases
- Rifts® World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms™, New Revised Edition – New – Available now
September 2011 Releases
- Heroes Unlimited™: Mutant Underground™ – coming back in print
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™: Rise of Magic – coming back in print
October 2011 Releases
- Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria – New – in final production
- The Rifter® #56 – New
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New – in production
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – New – in production
- Another new title may be added or substituted
November 2011 Releases
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three – New
- Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames (Minion War™ crossover) – New
December 2011 Releases
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders – New
- And maybe a new Robotech® Sourcebook.
In the Pipeline
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy® other sourcebooks
- Nightbane® Sourcebook
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.
- Rifts® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ sourcebooks
- Warpath™ Urban Jungle RPG
- And other good stuff. Lots of other good stuff!
Recently Back in Print
Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®
- 336 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 450.
Rifts® World Book 20: Rifts® Canada™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 835.
Rifts® Dark Conversions™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 852.
Rifts® Game Master Guide
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 845.
Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook™
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 850.
Rifts® World Book Five: Triax & the NGR™
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 810.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825.
Rifts® World Book 24: Rifts® China One
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 857.
Rifts® Dimension Book 7: Megaverse® Builder
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 859.
Aliens Unlimited™ – For Heroes Unlimited™
- 208 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 515.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 851.
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Black Vault™
- 48 pages – $9.95 retail – Cat. No. 855.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 813.
Rifts® Book of Magic™
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848.
Rifts® World Book 23: Rifts® Free Quebec™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 837.
New Books in Development
(listed in alphabetical order):
Beyond the Supernatural™: Arcanum
Beyond the Supernatural™: Tome Grotesque
Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebook
Chaos Earth™ First Responders
Chaos Earth™ – Zombie Apocalyse Rifts-style during the Great Cataclysm.
Heroes Unlimited™ – Had two people who were supposed to be working on a pair of books, but they disappeared on me, so we are looking for folks to write a couple HU2 sourcebooks.
Nightbane® – An as of yet untitled project, and looking for more.
Palladium Fantasy® – Mysteries of Magic 2 & 3
Palladium Fantasy® – Tombs of Gersidi expanded and new.
Plus I have a few ideas on this front myself to revitalize this line.
Phase World®: United Worlds of Warlock™
Phase World®: Pirates of the Three Galaxies™
Rifts® Black Market
Rifts® China Three
Rifts® Deep South
Rifts® New Navy™
Rifts® Northern Gun™ – may be a series of books.
Rifts® Titan Industries™
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ adventure sourcebook.
Robotech® UEEF Marines™
Splicers® Sourcebook One – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
Splicers® Sourcebook Two – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
All of the above are being written right now. A few are already finished. Most will be 2012 releases. And this does not include projects I would like to do for Palladium Fantasy®, Dead Reign™, Warpath™: Urban Jungle and new mediums.
The Queen of Ghouls: Life-Sized Halloween Props
The Queen of Ghouls – Palladium’s very own Kathy Simmons – is locked in her dungeon, devising new ghouls for the coming Halloween season. Go to queenofghouls.com to see her current selection of life-sized Halloween props. See her zombie doctor and other new zombies, Jack Skellington and Sally, and more. New creations are on the drawing board, and so is a new website. Each Halloween prop is truly life-sized (most are 6 feet or taller – Jack is almost 8 feet) and seems almost alive.
Each is an all-weather, life-sized Halloween prop that can handle rain and snow, and is a one-of-a-kind work of art (no two are exactly the same). Each looks frighteningly “real.” All come apart and fold down to slightly larger than a king-size pillow for easy storage. Comes with easy instructions, a plastic storage bag, and the lawn stake to stand it up in your front yard. Indoor stand sold separately.
Types of “Ghouls” include: Zombies (all kinds!), killer clowns, wizards, witches, devils, grave ghouls, scarecrows, executioners, mad doctors, deadly nurses, vampires, werewolves, and more. Kathy’s also now offering an array of hand-painted Halloween signs, signs with heads and bodies hanging from them, witch’s brewing pots, Halloween centerpieces and more. Best of all, her high quality creations are much more affordable and imaginative than most competitors or mass produced items in a store, making them affordable Halloween fun.
If you think the photos online look good, you should see them in person. A typical “ghoul,” as she calls her creations, costs $129-$259. You can see some of her work at her Queen of Ghouls™ Ebay store – queenofghouls.com.
Conventions & Events
Palladium to attend Detroit FanFare, September 24 & 25
We’ve gotten confirmation of our end cap and are looking forward to seeing gamers and comic fans from Michigan, Ohio and the surrounding area come on down. The event is the Detroit FanFare, September 24 & 25 at Cobo Hall, downtown Detroit.
One of the guests is Kevin Eastman – co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles®. So this fun comic book and media convention will be a great chance to get your Ninja Turtles® game books (and comics) signed by one of the creators. Other guests include fan boy favorite actor, Bruce Campbell, and dozens and dozens of comic book guests. Palladium fans may be interested to know Dave Dorman (Palladium cover artist), Tim Bradstreet, and pal, Defiler and Palladium contributor of old, William Messner Loebs will also be attending, among many other guests. I’ll keep you posted as we firm up the details.
Click here for more information about Detroit FanFare.
Alliance Trade Show, October in Fort Wayne, Indiana
This is a trade show for retailers, but many hard working store owners and their employees are gamers and Palladium fans. I invite you to bring books for us to sign for your own collections and/or to put in your store as an extra selling feature. We’re happy to do it. I, Kevin Siembieda, and Wayne Smith will be present at the event. Also, please drop by to chat and get the latest news and developments at Palladium.
Gen Con Indy 2012
1. Palladium Books will be at Gen Con Indy 2012.
2. We need Game Masters to run Palladium game events. We want Palladium Books to be a much bigger part of the gaming experience at Gen Con Indy in 2012. Toward that end, we’re hoping a number of Game Masters will step forward and run “official” gaming events at Gen Con. To do that we need your help.
Let us know if you are planning to run at Gen Con Indy 2012, but most importantly, YOU NEED to contact Gen Con directly and fill out whatever Event Submission form/application and send it in to them BEFORE THE JANUARY DEADLINE. This can all be done online.
Note: Though there are different “rounds” and deadlines for submitting events, it is our experience that submitting in time for the very first deadline is the only way to sure-fire guarantee the event will be included. So please, let’s plan now and get our events entered in the first round, mid-January 2012. Megaversal Ambassadors, please be a vocal and visible part of getting people to run Palladium gaming events for Gen Con Indy 2012. Any and all game settings (Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited, Palladium Fantasy®, Robotech®, Dead Reign™, Nightbane®, Splicers®, Robotech®, BTS, and all the rest) are welcomed. Let’s make the halls of Gen Con Indy 2012 ring with Palladium gaming.
2012 Palladium Open House – May 4-6, 2012
The Palladium Open House is three days (four with VIP night) of non-stop role-playing gaming, a chance to meet and hang with the Palladium staff, artists and writers, participate in panel talks, get autographs, and have a blast. Game with the people who make the games at the very place they are designed. YOU are part of Palladium’s extended family, and we invite YOU into our home to join us for gaming, fun and more. The Palladium Open House has a fun, family feel and is three days (four with VIP night) of games, fun and opportunity for making wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.
● 90+ Gaming Events:
- Chaos Earth™
- Heroes Unlimited™
- Ninjas & Superspies™
- Phase World®/Three Galaxies™
- Dead Reign™
- After the Bomb®
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®
- Beyond the Supernatural™
- and more . . .
● 40+ Palladium creators under one roof.
● Game with the people who make the games you love, like Kevin Siembieda, Julius Rosenstein, Carl Gleba, and other Palladium creators.
● Enter the Costume Contest and you might win a cool award and prize.
● Enjoy panel talks that are fun and insightful.
● Get autographs and chat with creators.
● Have the time of your life.
● What other game company invites you to game with them at their place?
● We are hosting this event because YOU demanded it. So come on over and join the fun.
Place your order today.
We recommend you RESERVE your hotel now. Your credit card is not charged until the event, but reserving your room early gives you peace of mind and helps Palladium so we can block more rooms if we need them. If necessary, you can cancel your room up to a few weeks before the event.
This may be our last Open House. Having sufficient parking is becoming an issue. While we should be okay for the 2012 POH, the parking situation is likely to prevent future events. So don’t miss out.
V.I.P. Thursday (May 3, 2012). Available now. YOU are the VIP. You get in an afternoon early (doors open at 3:00 PM – catered dinner at 5:30 PM) and are the first to play in special game events, participate in special panel talks, purchase items, and enjoy a dinner catered by Kathy Simmons (and those who have been to past VIP nights know how awesome that is). Reserve your place today.
Weekend Admission is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Reserve your place today. Placing your order early helps us on many levels, and tells us how many people to expect and how many hotel rooms to reserve.
Individual Day Admission might work better for you. If you can only make it one day, that’s okay with us. Come on down.
Hotel is the location you love at the same 2009 rates ($69.95 a night). The hotel does not charge your card until a day before the event, so reserve NOW. We are concerned they might run out of rooms at our special price, so reserve your room as soon as possible. Based on the economy, the hotel has not reserved the entire hotel for us as they have in the past. Book your room fast so you know you have a place to stay. The hotel now offers free hot breakfasts and we will have two conference rooms for late night gaming and additional open gaming.
Plan to enter the Costume Contest. Winners get a nice plaque and real prizes. Rifts/sci-fi, fantasy, modern (includes horror) and best of show are the categories.
Click here for more details and to reserve your tickets.
Game Masters wanted for 2012 Palladium Open House (POH). The sooner you notify us that you are running “official” POH games and how many games/time slots, the better. We want to get our gaming schedule up and posted online early this time. We typically need 90+ gaming events. That means we need you. FYI: You can run the same game more than once, I do.
Palladium is in need of Game Masters to run events at the 2012 Palladium Open House. G.M.s who run three or more events get a special discount on product and a gift (typically a T-shirt, but maybe something different this year). Palladium NEEDS your commitment to run and a description of the games no later than January 29, 2012 – SOONER IS BETTER. Our thanks to those of you who have already committed to run. Please let us know what you want to run. Julius Rosenstein already has 7 events scheduled. Be like Julius and let us know as soon as possible. Thank you.
© Copyright 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.