Palladium Books® Weekly Update – April 8, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
Rifts® Thundercloud Galaxy™ is at the printer! It took sleepless days and long hours of work, with Matthew Clements and Greg Diaczyk helping to edit, and they and Carl Gleba chipping in a few ideas, in order to get the book done before the Creators Conference, but we did it. The book is done. At the printer. And we all think you'll love it. See the new description for details elsewhere in this Weekly Update.
The Rifter® #54 ships next Tuesday. This is another great issue with a wealth of fun information. A Heroes Unlimited™ adventure, Palladium Fantasy RPG® monsters and races, the Rifts® city of New Chillicothe, a Nightbane® story and the final chapter of The Hammer of the Forge, plus news and other good stuff.
Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms and Robotech® New Generation Sourcebook are next for release. Immediately after the Creators Conference this week, I will be diving into these two titles for release. Count on it.
Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames has also been put into pre-production mode. The cover has been assigned and the ideas for it are rocking.
A nice birthday. Even though I worked through my birthday, it was nice. I received a lot of emails, private messages and telephone calls from friends and family. I also received a few wonderful presents in the mail from my brother and a couple of friends, as well as an awesome book from Alex. The most unexpected gift was an original painting from one of the top artists in the field. It and the kind letter that came with the gift knocked my socks off. Wow. You can read about these things in greater detail in my last two or three Murmurs from the Megaverse®.
Reminder – Back in Print and Ready to Ship: For some reason, people were slow to buy the newly released backstock titles and Rifts® Baseball Caps, but people suddenly started to buy them, and other titles, this past week. The following items are ready to ship.
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- Rifts® Black Vault™
- Rifts® Mercenaries™
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook
- Rifts® Baseball Caps
Online sales. Sales were nothing to write home about, but they the picked up from the previous week of abysmal sales. We should see a good increase with The Rifter® #54 and Rifts® Thundercloud Galaxy™, both shipping this month. And they will be followed in short order by more new releases all Spring and Summer.
Palladium to attend Gen Con Indy – August 4-7. Please come on over and stop by our booth to chat and get autographs, as well as pick up new and backstock titles, specialty items and more. We're not sure who will be joining us at the Palladium booth, but so far, Palladium creators you'll be able to meet include:
- Kevin Siembieda
- Wayne Smith
- Michael Mumah (artist)
- Brandon Aten (writer)
- Matthew Clements (writer; tentative)
- And others to be announced.
Palladium Website. The website is moving forward, but we've all been busy with other things the past few weeks. We will kick it into high gear after the Creators Conference.
Palladium Creators Conference started yesterday. We have something like 25-30 freelance writers, artists, and staff who have come in to pool our creative minds and talents to take Palladium to the next level. I'll reveal all in next week's update.
Sorry, I need to keep this Weekly Update short so I can start the Conference. I will have plenty to talk about next Update. Meanwhile, get those pre-orders in for The Rifter® and Thundercloud Galaxy™, keep those imaginations burning bright and game on.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher
NEW! The Rifter® #54
– Ships April 12, 2011
This is another landmark issue of The Rifter® filled with epic source material, exotic places, strange critters, adventure settings, good stories and ideas.
The Rifter® is your doorway to unlimited imagination and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new heroes, powers, weapons, magic and adventure for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider.
The Rifter® #54 includes:
- The Final Chapter of The Hammer of the Forge™, by James M.G. Cannon. At last, the pulse-pounding conclusion of this epic tale. Will it be a happy ending or a tragic one? We guess you'll have to wait and find out.
- Dawn of a New Era, Part Two, by Corey Livermore. The conclusion to the adventure in a setting for Heroes Unlimited™ in which mutants and aliens are being forced to "register" with global governments, or else.
- A Megaversal™ Menagerie, by Aaron Corley. A collection of sentient beings and strange animals from the Palladium Fantasy® world and across the Megaverse®.
- The fortress city of New Chillicothe, Missouri. Optional Rifts® source material by Matthew Olfson, with an emphasis on technology, weapons, electronics, equipment and an array of gizmos produced and available at the city.
- Dark Day™ Chronicles, Volume 2. A Nightbane® short story by Jeremy Hutchins.
- News and coming attractions.
- Cover by Michael Leonard in honor of The Hammer of the Forge™.
- $11.95 retail – 96 pages – Cat. No. 154. Ships April 12.
NEW! Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™
– Ships April 25, 2011 – at the printer
The book is done, at the printer and awesome. Great ideas, great art, unique new alien races available as player characters, weird creatures and monsters, secrets of the Gene-Tech, weapons of the Dominators, ancient ruins, colony creation rules, adventure galore and much, much more.
The Scramble is the mad dash to claim and colonize the thousands of worlds of the Thundercloud Galaxy. Colonists flock to the Thundercloud filled with dreams. Space Pirates and an array of cutthroats also flock to the galaxy, guns in hand, ready to rob and fleece the colonists. Lawmen and heroes are in great demand, and the opportunities for clever adventurers are said to be without limit. As the civilizations of the Anvil and Corkscrew Galaxies scramble to colonize the Thundercloud, they are beginning to realize the galaxy holds more riches, beauty, horrors and secrets than anyone has ever imagined, making it a place of discovery, adventure and treachery like no other.
Thundercloud Galaxy™ is a perfect companion to the rest of the Phase World®/Three Galaxies™ based Dimension Books as well as the Minion War™ series. Players can be pirates, raiders, brigands or hired guns, or they may be explorers, adventurers, Spacers, or any number of heroes trying to protect the colonists or the indigenous peoples of countless worlds and colonies. The possibilities are truly limited only by your imagination.
- 17 new alien R.C.C.s plus the Elder Races, Dominators and more.
- 9 notable monsters and strange creatures, plus minions.
- Learn about the mysterious Elder Races, complete with stats.
- Dominator weapons, gear and salvage available to players.
- Gene-Tech and their chemical enhancements, gear and salvage available to players.
- Monster Creation Tables.
- Colony Creation Tables.
- Indigenous People Tables.
- 101 Ruin Adventures.
- Notable spacecraft, weapons, power armor and gear.
- Discover the Exiles, Splugorth Bio-Wizard Doctors, Denlech, Trensik Mercenaries and other mysterious people.
- An overview of the Thundercloud Galaxy, bits of history, new insights and many avenues of adventure.
- Any type of space opera and science fiction scenario you can imagine can be played out in the Thundercloud Galaxy.
- Written by Braden Campbell and Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik. Art by Michael Mumah.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 883. April 25, 2011.
NEW! Rifts® World Book One:
Vampire Kingdoms™, Expanded & Updated
Kevin Siembieda is reorganizing, tweaking, expanding and updating one of the most popular Rifts® World Books ever published: Vampire Kingdoms™. This will include some new artwork and an expanded page count. The book will be updated and expanded in much the same way as Kevin did with Rifts® Sourcebook One a few years ago. Best of all, it will be accompanied by theRifts® Vampires Sourcebook™.
- The observations of Doc Reid.
- Vampires: Their strengths, weaknesses and powers.
- The Vampire Kingdoms expanded.
- Vampire strategies and plans for conquest.
- Vampire hunters and Techno-Wizard slayer devices (new and old).
- Key locations including Juarez and El Paso.
- The mystery of the Yucatan Peninsula.
- Traveling Shows, Freak Shows and Circuses.
- Monsters, D-Bees, and adventure ideas galore.
- Updated and revised to 110 P.A.
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 192 to 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 802-E. Spring 2011.
NEW! Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
All new source material
Trouble is stirring in the Vampire Kingdoms as ambitious vampire lords, ladies and misanthropes seek to expand their power to dominate more mortal life forms.
Written by Kevin Siembieda and a handpicked selection of other writers, this sourcebook explores the vampires of Mexico and their kingdoms in ways you never imagined. Tons of new data, adventure ideas and revelations.
- Vampire protectors and guardians.
- Vampire rogues, mercenaries and warlords.
- Vampire operations away from the Kingdoms.
- Vampire incursions along the southern borderlands.
- New vampire hunters and human strongholds.
- Vampire hunter "exterminators."
- Frightful revelations, secrets, and adventure ideas.
- And much, much more.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Braden Campbell and Mark Dudley.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 884. Spring 2011 release.
NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook
This Robotech® sourcebook will be an early 2011 release.
- Rules for using mecha, power armor and technology from all four eras of Robotech.
- Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of mecha.
- Freedom Fighter O.C.C.s and resistance organizations.
- Rogues and misfits from the three Robotech Wars.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Villains, traitors, bandits, Invid henchmen, adventure and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Irvin Jackson.
- A "manga" size sourcebook.
- 192-256 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554.
Final page count and price may be subject to change. Spring 2011 release.
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
At last, the underwater realm of Lemuria. The people and history of Lemuria, new magic, sea herbs and healing, sea monsters, and more.
Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. Spring 2011.
NEW! Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, 'nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell's Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies' Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. July 2011.
NEW! Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders
Data about the chaos and madness of the early days of the Great Cataclysm, and the brave men and women who tried to stem the tide of destruction and save lives, the First Responders.
- Apocalypse Plagues: Strange diseases, symbiotes and mutations that transform, torment, harm and kill Earth's survivors.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- Civilian O.C.C.s, skills and orientation.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Character modification and enhancement rules.
- Creatures from the Rifts and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Jason Richards & Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 to 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Coming in 2011.
for Heroes Unlimited™ and the Minion War™ – Available now
Armageddon Unlimited™ is the ultimate good vs evil setting and adventure. The fate of the world hangs in the balance and only you can stop its destruction as demons and Deevils fight for control of the Earth and bringing about the end of life as we know it.
Armageddon Unlimited™ is more than an epic world-saving adventure, it is also a sourcebook jam-packed with new powers, magic, weapons and Power Categories that can be incorporated into any Heroes Unlimited™ campaign. This book can be used as a standalone adventure sourcebook for Heroes Unlimited™ or as a pivotal plot in an expansive Minion War™ campaign. Get a free sneak preview
of the book from DriveThruRPG.com.
- 7 new Minor and 14 Major Super Abilities.
- Deevil and Demon magical Chaos Weapons.
- Enchanted Weapons of Order and a few Enchanted Objects.
- Demon Hunter Power Category and abilities.
- Crusader of Light Power Category and abilities.
- Heroic Hellion Power Category – play a "reformed demon."
- Hellion monster creation table.
- Magically Bestowed Variant Power Categories and abilities let you wield weapons that empower good and destroy evil.
- Doctor Vilde, the mastermind behind the Armageddon plot.
- The secret island base of Doctor Vilde and 16 maps.
- More than a dozen NPC villains.
- The Church of Unity and its role in bringing about Armageddon.
- The Chaos Generators – the key to stopping Armageddon.
- A menagerie of evil villains, people and places.
- The Armageddon scenario, adventure ideas and Minion War™ on Earth.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail –·Cat. No. 527. Available now.
Aliens Unlimited™ – Back in Print
A sourcebook for Heroes Unlimited™
Aliens Unlimited™ brings alien beings to your Earth-based Heroes Unlimited™ setting and enables you to take your Earth heroes to alien worlds. This sourcebook has everything you need to launch an alien based campaign or galactic adventures, or introduce alien invaders, villains, heroes and campaign ideas.
Aliens Unlimited™ makes the perfect resource and companion to the Thundercloud Galaxy™ or any of the Rifts® Dimension Books and Minion War™ series. Looking for some new space aliens, villains and monsters to add to your Thundercloud Galaxy™ or Minion War™ campaign? Need some unique Splugorth slaves? Demon henchmen? Take a look at Aliens Unlimited™(and the Aliens Unlimited™ Galaxy Guide™ companion sourcebook); easy to adapt.
- 85 alien races/R.C.C.s., plus a bonus alien.
- 15 alien monster races, plus NPC villains.
- Galactic Organizations (Atorian Empire and more).
- Rules and tables for Creating Alien Characters, including an expanded Alien Appearance & Bonuses Table, Reason for Coming to Earth, Equipment, Special Vehicles and more.
- 90+ weapon stats including high-tech bows and arrows, Cold Weapons, Energy Weapons, Incendiary Weapons, Sonic Weapons, Conventional Firearms, and a wide range of Kisentite Blade Weapons and Vibro-Blade Weapons.
- Plus info about alien bionics, body armor, and power armor.
- A handful of vehicles and miscellaneous equipment.
- UFO watch groups, alien spies, NPCs and more.
- Suggestions, rules and information for your galactic campaigns.
- Plus some super abilities, spell magic and psionics.
- Adaptable to Rifts®, Phase World® and Rifts® Dimension Books™ complete with conversion notes for Rifts®.
- Written by Wayne Breaux Jr., additional text by Siembieda.
- 208 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 515. Available now!
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™ – Back in Print
A guide to the Three Galaxies, this book takes a look at dozens of solar systems, notable planets, select alien races, people, civilizations and monsters, as well as space anomalies, spaceships and more. This is another sourcebook that is ideal for campaigns involving the Minion War™, the Thundercloud Galaxy™, Phase World® and adventures in the Three Galaxies.
- An overview of the Three Galaxies.
- 16 O.C.C.s/R.C.C.s including the Obsidian Spell Thief and Space Warlock.
- A half dozen monsters plus the mysterious Necrol.
- Galactic Organizations (Atorian Empire and more).
- More information on the Intruders, Kreeghor, Splugorth and others.
- Draygon Industries and their weapons.
- Demon Stars, Demon Planets and magic starships.
- Notable spaceships and weapon systems.
- The monstrous Necrol and their living weapons and spacecraft.
- Notable equipment of the Three Galaxies.
- A wealth of background material and adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 851. Available now.
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Black Vault™ – Back in Print
For generations it has been rumored the Coalition States maintains a Top Secret facility where it locks away and stores all the magic weapons and items it confiscates from adventurers and mages. The CS, of course, denies these rumors, but they are true. And the truth is revealed for the first time in this epic sourcebook packed with secrets and magic items. Do your characters dare to rob the Black Vault?
- The Legend of the Black Vault.
- The Coalition's Campaign Against Magic.
- Coalition Anti-Magic Squads.
- The Black Vault, its defenses and its inventory of magic items.
- 101 Magic Items – each "item" (79 of them) is described in detail. The last 22 items are magic potions with the effects of magic spells.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 48 pages – $9.95 retail – Cat. No. 855 – Available now.
Rifts® Mercenaries™ – Back in Print
This fan-favorite sourcebook presents everything you need to create and run a mercenary company on Rifts Earth. It includes creation rules, new Occupational Character Classes such as the Professional Smuggler, Thief, Safecracker, Spy, Bounty Hunter, Master Assassin, and others, plus a treasure trove of mercenary weapons, vehicles, gear and arms dealers.
- Nine Mercenary O.C.C.s.
- Rules and tables for creating a Mercenary Company.
- Six NPC mercenary companies described, complete with key characters, villains, history and adventure ideas. Includes transdimensional mercs.
- Northern Gun – weapons and gear.
- Naruni Enterprises – weapons, force fields, vehicles and gear.
- Golden Age Weaponsmiths – arms dealer that specializes in vehicles.
- Wellington Industries – weapons and gear, including Ramjet rounds.
- Iron Heart Armaments Inc. – combat vehicles.
- Chipwell Armaments Inc. – power armor.
- Angrar Robotics – power armor.
- Coalition Army – combat vehicles.
- Casualties of Peace – adventure outline.
- Written by C.J. Carella.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 813 – Available now.
"Rifts® Logo" Baseball Cap – Back in Print
Back by popular demand. A black Rifts® Logo on a khaki baseball cap with black trim. Looks great and fans love it! Makes a great gift.
- Cotton cloth fabric, khaki color with black trim and black Rifts logo.
- Cloth Velcro strap for size adjustment. A nice cap.
- $14.95 per cap – Cat. No. 2544 – Available to ship Friday, March 25, 2011.
Don't forget about the "Rifts® Logo" Dice Bag
Gold print on a rich black, faux velvet material. Looks gorgeous, a sturdy and well made drawstring bag. A big 7x9 inches, can hold a lot of dice.
- Black Dice Bag: $8.00 per bag – Cat. No. 2539 – Available now.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We've made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include.
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check 'em out.
Available Now & Back in Print
- Armageddon Unlimited™ – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #53 – New – Available now!
- Rifts® World Book 20: Canada – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Dark Conversions – Back in print – Available now
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Game Master Guide – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 5: Triax & The NGR – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® China One – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Megaverse® Builder – Back in print – Available now
March 2011 Releases
– Rifts® Baseball Cap – BACK IN STOCK
– Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™ – BACK IN PRINT
- Rifts® Black Vault™ – BACK IN PRINT
– Rifts® Mercenaries™ – BACK IN PRINT
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook – BACK IN PRINT
April 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #54 – New – Available now.
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™ – New – April 25.
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™ – BACK IN PRINT – Ships April 25
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™ – BACK IN PRINT – Ships April 25
May 2011 Releases
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (tentative)
- Rifts® WB One: Vampire Kingdoms™, Expanded & Updated
- Rifts® Book of Magic (back in print)
June 2011 Releases
July 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #55 – New
- Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames (Minion War™ crossover) – New
New Releases Coming Soon (tentative)
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™: First Responders Sourcebook (as soon as we can slot it in)
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three
In the Pipeline
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.
- Rifts® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy® other sourcebooks
- Warpath™ Urban Jungle RPG
- And other good stuff. Lots of other good stuff!
Recently Back in Print
Check out the new creations by Palladium's very own Kathy Simmons. See her new zombie, Jack Skellington and Sally, with more new creations on the drawing board. Each Halloween prop is truly life-sized (most are 6 feet or taller – Jack is almost 8 feet) and seem almost alive.
Each is an all-weather, life-sized Halloween prop that can handle rain and snow, and is a one-of-a-kind work of art (no two are exactly the same). Each looks frighteningly "real." All come apart and fold down to slightly larger than a king-size pillow for easy storage. Comes with easy instructions, a plastic storage bag, and the lawn stake to stand it up in your front yard. Indoor stand sold separately.
Types of "Ghouls" include: Zombies (all kinds!), killer clowns, wizards, witches, devils, grave ghouls, scarecrows, executioners, mad doctors, deadly nurses, vampires, werewolves, and more. Kathy's also now offering an array of hand-painted Halloween signs, signs with heads and bodies hanging from them, witch's brewing pots, Halloween centerpieces and more. Best of all, her high quality creations are much more affordable and imaginative than most competitors or mass produced items in a store, making them affordable Halloween fun.
If you think the photos online look good, you should see them in person. A typical "ghoul," as she calls her creations, costs $129-$259. You can see some of her work at her Queen of Ghouls™ Ebay store – queenofghouls.com.