Palladium Books® Weekly Update – May 25, 2017
By Kevin Siembieda
Rifts®: Secrets of the Atlanteans™ is moving along well. I have added almost two dozen Shadow Magic spells and am editing away on Carl Gleba’s wonderful manuscript. We are also working on The Rifter® #78 and Nightbane® Dark Designs™, and all are in final edits and awaiting final artwork before we can dive into layout in the next week or two. ALL should be June releases, with more books to follow. We lost power briefly this morning, so I’m going to make this Update shorter than I had intended. Our power is almost certain to be interrupted for a while when the utility company comes to replace the neighbor’s transformer. Enjoy this week’s Clobbering Time Spring Sale. And for those of you in the USA, enjoy the long holiday weekend. I’ll be working on magic and shadows for Secrets of the Atlanteans.
Clobbering Time SALE – May 25-31, 2017
All the titles in the Clobbering Time Sale involve fighting for survival and taking a stand for what is right, sometimes against impossible odds. Some are stand-alone settings, others are a part of a bigger story. All of them are fun and challenging. Game on!
- Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy RPG – $17.47 (normally $24.95 retail). The original, cult classic, science fiction game of combat and survival against impossible odds. Bravery and ingenuity required when a world devouring alien menace begins to dissect the world you inhabit. 208 pages – Cat. No. 400 – 6 days only!
- Dead Reign® RPG – Zombie Apocalypse – $16.07 (normally $22.95 retail). The dead have risen. It is the battle for survival in the zombie apocalypse. Much more than your typical zombie game. 224 pages – Cat. No. 230 – 6 days only!
- Hell Followed, A Dead Reign® sourcebook – $14.67 (normally $20.95 retail). Masked lunatics take a stand against evil, plus stats for 23 disasters (suitable for any game environment, 11 new zombies, conspiracy theories and more. (And check out the other Dead Reign® sourcebooks like Endless Dead and Graveyard Earth.) 160 pages – Cat. No. 236 – 6 days only!
- Splicers® RPG – $16.77 (normally $23.95 retail). Science fiction and horror. The metal nano-plague has made metal deadly to the touch and enabled an insane Artificial Intelligence and her robot legions to subjugate most of humanity. The great houses that fight back are forced to go underground and create genetically engineered, living weapons and organic war machines in their ongoing battle to take back their world. 224 pages – Cat. No. 200 – 6 days only!
- Heroes Unlimited™ RPG – $18.87 (normally $26.95 retail). Create any type of super-hero you can imagine to fight for justice and protect the innocent from all manner of evil. (And check out the G.M.’s Guide and Powers Unlimited® sourcebooks for hundreds of additional super abilities and ideas.) 352 pages – Cat. No. 500 – 6 days only!
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™ – core box game – $69.97 (normally $99.95 retail). The Robotech® Macross® experience in a fast paced miniatures war game. Box set with 32 highly detailed miniatures, rule book, cards, dice and more; assembly required. Cat. No. 55100 – 6 days only!
- Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® Hardcover Edition RPG – $21.67 (normally $30.95 retail). An 8½ x 11 rule book set in the Invid/Sentinels era where the United Earth Expeditionary Force takes their quest for freedom into space. 224 pages – Cat. No. 550HC – 6 days only!
- Robotech® Expeditionary Force Marines™ Sourcebook – $14.67 (normally $20.95 retail). New Destroids, Veritechs and UEEF war machines, aliens, magic and more. Adventures involve planet hopping and freeing worlds from the clutches of the Invid Regent and his legions. 160 pages – Cat. No. 553 – 6 days only!
- Robotech® The Macross® Saga Sourcebook – $11.87 (normally $16.95 retail). Bring the fight back to Earth in the famous Macross setting and the battle for Earth against the Zentraedi. 128 pages – Cat. No. 551 – 6 days only!
- Robotech® The Masters Saga™ Sourcebook – $14.67 (normally $20.95 retail). The AJAX Veritech Helicopter, Veritech Hover Tanks, the Logan, Battloids and power armor of the 15 divisions of the Army of the Southern Cross. A massive amount of never before revealed information and game stats; 40+ weapons, 6 power armors, 4 Battloids, weapon shields, jet packs, combat vehicles, aircraft, Bioroids and more. 160 pages – Cat. No. 552 – 6 days only!
- Rifts® Ultimate Edition RPG, Hardcover – $27.97 (normally $39.95 retail) – core rules, epic setting of science fiction, fantasy, and horror in a future Earth apocalyptic setting. If you can imagine it, it can happen in Rifts®. 376 pages – Cat. No. 800HC – 6 days only!
- Rifts® Heroes of the Megaverse® – $11.87 (normally $16.95 retail). Heroes Rise. The Megaverse is unbalanced. The Minion War rages unchecked. And the Cosmic Forge is creating superheroes to set things right. A fun, easy way to bring super-beings into your Rifts®, Phase World® and any game settings. 112 pages – Cat. No. 877 – 6 days only!
- Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™ World Book – $17.47 (normally $24.95 retail). Hell on Earth means 50+ Soulmancy spells, 40+ magic weapons, 14 Demon Lords, their minions and agenda, Hell Pits, Hell Plagues and adventure galore. 192 pages – Cat. No. 876 – 6 days only!
- Rifts® Coalition States: Heroes of Humanity™ Sourcebook – $14.67 (normally $20.95 retail). The Coalition States and heroes everywhere rise to meet the challenge against the demon hordes. Upgrade existing characters, combine CS and D-Bees and mages on the same team, strategies and tactics for fighting demons, the CS Demon Hunter school, Death Knight, CS Cyborgs, Juicers and more. 160 pages – Cat. No. 889 – 6 days only!
- Rifts® Coalition Wars®: Final Siege™ – $17.47 (normally $24.95 retail). The city-state of Tolkeen mapped and described, many new Techno-Wizard combat vehicles and devices, new Iron Juggernauts, and 40 fully stated out NPCs (mages, mercs, dragons and monsters) that can be used in any campaign before or after the fall of Tolkeen. (And take a look at the other books in this epic series. Each a resource for magic, the CS and adventures.) 224 pages – Cat. No. 844 – 6 days only!
- Nightbane® RPG – $17.47 (normally $24.95 retail). It was the invasion nobody noticed. Now demonic and dark forces slowly infiltrate every fabric of human civilization, starting with our world leaders, military and law enforcement. Only the Nightbane® can stop them. Superhero-horror set in a world of dark conspiracy where the monsters are the heroes ... and the enemy. 240 pages – Cat. No. 730 – 6 days only!
- RECON® RPG, a Complete Game – $16.07 (normally $22.95 retail). Realistic, Vietnam era combat and war – does not use Palladium’s usual rules – written by Joe F. Martin and Erick Wujcik. 224 pages – Cat. No. 600 – 6 days only!
- Sale ends at midnight on Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
UPDATE: Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ – June
I have spent most of my time working fast and hard on this wonderful Dimension Book. I have added something in the neighborhood of two dozen Shadow Magic spells as I work away on the Shadow Magic section of the book including the new Shadow Mage and Shadow Assassin O.C.C.s, all very cool. Author Carl Gleba was on fire when he wrote this book. Artwork is being finished and you are going to love this book, packed with revelations, secrets, and magic – 60+ new magic tattoos, Shadow Magic, Crystal Magic, new Atlantean O.C.C.s, strange dimensions and more. A June release.
UPDATE: Nightbane® Dark Designs™ sourcebook – June
The cover is being painted and interior is being completed even as you read this. Dark Designs™ is a sourcebook that focuses on the Nightbane, their appearance, transformation and powers. If you can’t wait till the end of June, check out Nightbane® Dark Designs™ Raw Preview Limited Edition – Only 150 copies printed, about 35 copies are still available. Get your copy of the unedited preview while you can. See the full description elsewhere in this update.
UPDATE: Rifts® Sovietski – in production
Sovietski is a nice resource to go along with the two Triax/NGR titles and Mindwerks. I have been approving a new illustration or two every week.
UPDATE: Dead Reign® Sourcebook: In the Face of Death™
The art is in from artist Nick Bradshaw, and if we can pull off what I think we can ... this book will surprise people. E.M. Gist is painting the cover. This should be another epic addition to Dead Reign® like Hell Followed.
Now on DriveThruRPG.com – the 1980s Robotech® RPG and sourcebooks as well as dozens of Rifts® titles, and more
The Robotech® RDF Accelerated Training Program sourcebook (1988) joins the original Robotech® RPG (1986), Robotech® Ghost Ship sourcebook, and other Robotech® titles now available on DriveThru. Invid Invasion and the rest of the Robotech® sourcebooks from the 1980s and 1990s will follow, with one or two new ones posted every week.
The original Robotech® RPG (1986), RDF Manual, Zentraedi Sourcebook, and Southern Cross are available now, and will be followed by other Robotech® sourcebooks from the 1980s and 1990s. At least one or two new ones will be posted every week. These RPG books join over 200 titles currently available. Such titles as The Rifter® #1-72, Rifts® Shemarrian Nation™, Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook, Rifts® Coalition Navy™, the FREE Hell Followed™ Preview, Rifts® Black Market (one of my faves), Rifts® Mercenary Adventures™, Rifts® Mercenaries, MercTown™, Merc Ops™, and so much more, all available now in PDF. You can also get ALL Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game cards, Robotech® and Rifts® Paper Miniatures along with Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Triax Two, Rifts® World Books 1-30 and many other Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited™, Palladium Fantasy®, Nightbane® and other game line titles. New Robotech® RPG Tactics™ material will be made available in the weeks ahead. All of it adds to the growing list of Rifts®, Robotech® and other Palladium RPG game titles available as PDF books, cards and support. A new title should be added every week or two, so watch for them.
Recent PDF titles include the Rifts® Game Master Guide, Rifts® Sourcebook One Revised, Rifts® Sourcebook Two: The Mechanoids®, Rifts® Sourcebook Three: Mindwerks™, Rifts® Sourcebook Four: Coalition Navy™, Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook, Rifts® Shemarrian Nation, Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Triax 2, Rifts® Mercenaries, MercTown™ and Merc Ops™, Rifts® Black Market, Rifts® World Book 30: D-Bees of North America™, Rifts® World Book 29: Madhaven™, Rifts® World Book 28: Arzno™, Rifts® World Book 27: Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp, Rifts® World Book 26: Dinosaur Swamp, World Book 25: Rifts® China Two, and World Book 24: Rifts® China One, among many, many others. There are also previews of Rifts® CS Heroes of Humanity™, The Rifter® #73, Northern Gun 1 & 2, Lemuria, Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms, Bizantium and many other Palladium titles. Check back every week to see which new PDFs of Rifts® World Books and other titles have been added!
In addition to the titles listed above, The Minion War™ series of books, the Rifts® Coalition Wars®/Tolkeen series, Chaos Earth® Resurrection, all of the Dead Reign® (Zombie Apocalypse) titles, Splicers® RPG and most issues of The Rifter® are available NOW! So are first edition rules of the Heroes Unlimited™ RPG and sourcebooks, Palladium Fantasy RPG® and sourcebooks, The Mechanoids®, and much more, available on DriveThruRPG.com.
Available right now:
- Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Rifts® Shemarrian Nation Sourcebook, Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook, Rifts® Sourcebook Four: Coalition Navy™, Rifts® Sourcebook 3: Mindwerks™, Rifts® Sourcebook Two: The Mechanoids®, Rifts® Sourcebook One Revised, Rifts® Mercenaries, MercTown™, Merc Ops™ and Mercenary Adventures™, Rifts® Black Market, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Triax 2, Rifts® World Book 30: D-Bees of North America™, Rifts® World Book 29: Madhaven™, Rifts® World Book 28: Arzno™, Rifts® World Book 27: Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp™, Rifts® World Book 26: Dinosaur Swamp, Rifts® World Book 25: China Two, Rifts® World Book 24: China One, Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion, Rifts® World Book 22: Free Quebec, Rifts® World Book 21: Splynn Dimensional Market, Rifts® World Book 20: Canada, Rifts® World Book 19: Australia, Rifts® World Book 18: Mystic Russia, Rifts® World Book 17: Warlords of Russia, Rifts® World Book 16: Federation of Magic, Rifts® World Book 15: Spirit West, Rifts® World Book 14: New West™, Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™, Rifts® World Book 12: Psyscape™, Rifts® World Book 11: Coalition War Campaign™, Rifts® World Book 10: Juicer Uprising™, and Rifts® World Book 9: South America 2 along with World Books #1-8 and various other Rifts® titles.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG, Chaos Earth®: Rise of Magic™, Chaos Earth® Resurrection™ and Creatures of Chaos™ are all available now.
- Two free Chaos Earth® Resurrection previews and many other previews.
- Rifts® Coalition Wars®: Siege on Tolkeen series – all six titles.
- Rifts® The Minion War™ series – six current books – consisting of Dimension Book 10: Hades, Dimension Book 11: Dyval, Dimension Book 12: Dimensional Outbreak, HU2 adventure sourcebook: Armageddon Unlimited™, Heroes of the Megaverse®, and Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames available now! Suitable for ALL settings, including Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited™ and The Palladium Fantasy RPG®.
- Dead Reign® RPG titles. The Zombie Apocalypse is yours to role-play with the Dead Reign® RPG. The core rule book and all sourcebooks are available now.
- The Rifter® issues #1-72.
- FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ paper game pieces, force organization tables, stat cards, rules and special items – with more coming soon!
- FREE 12 highly-detailed, comprehensive Robotech® RPG Tactics™ assembly instructions for all the Wave One mecha – available now.
- FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ color guides are available now.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® Paper Miniatures – Volumes #1-6 are available now. More are coming in the weeks ahead.
- 160+ Palladium titles, plus G.M. kits, and more.
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Men at Arms – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Coalition Dead Boys – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Adventurers – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Practitioners of Magic (new) – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Extras (new) – $2.99
- And more to come in the weeks ahead.
Palladium Collectibles Available in Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles Store – watch for Memorial Day and Father’s Day sales
Alex and I continue to add a lot of vintage Star Wars toys and a growing number of all kinds of collectibles – and we’ll be adding more Palladium Books original art and items to the store, so keep an eye out for them.
This includes one-of-a-kind original artwork, prints, Rifts® and Robotech® artwork by Kevin Long, me and others. There is also a range of limited editions, rare book titles and limited edition hardcovers, toys and more that are all being added to my online store over the next several weeks, so keep an eye out. Alex and I will keep adding items as our busy schedules allow, but we have a lot of fun collectibles available now and coming soon. Items include original art, out of print titles, redlined proofreader photocopies signed by me and the staff, signed manuscripts with editors’ corrections, some original art, hardcover books (including Rifts® Lemuria, Northern Gun™ One, Northern Gun™ Two, Megaverse® in Flames™, Beyond the Supernatural™ Gold, Rifts® Machinations of Doom™ Gold and Rifts® Ultimate Gold) and other items available. There are also hundreds of toys and action figures, all from my personal archives and collection. Take a look every weekend for new items added.
GAMING Conventions with Palladium Events
Anime North 2017 – This Weekend – Toronto, Canada
Palladium Books will have tables in the gaming area offering select game products for sale, including Rifts® and Robotech® items. Robert Shewring will be running RRT demos at the booth on Saturday (and maybe Friday). Freelance writer Greg Diaczyk (Rifts® Lemuria, Elemental Primorda, and other books coming soon) will be present to chat and sign books along with other Palladium helpers. Artist Kent Burles will also be present at the convention.
Anime North is one of North America’s largest anime and cosplay conventions, offers a huge dealers’ room, huge artist alley, famous voice actors, animators and other exciting guests. Buy cool stuff, get autographs, and have fun.
Strategicon – Gamex 2017 – Memorial Day Weekend – Los Angeles, California
Strategicon-Gamex is a long-running convention of gaming and fun. There are at least four Palladium events for Rifts® Savage Worlds, along with many other game events, panels and fun.
ORIGINS 2017 – June 14-19, 2017 – at Greater Columbus Convention Center
Origins is a long-running game event with oodles of games, dealers’ room and fun to be had. It hosts board games, war games, role-playing, card games and more. Here are just four Palladium events you might want to know about.
Rifts® Ultimate Edition – Emperor’s Fist, an RPG Game Event – Rogue elements of coalition Special Forces are conducting illegal and unsanctioned operations. Your ultra-secret team must root out these traitors and eliminate the threat to humanity. 6-8 players. Beginners okay. Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 7:00 PM, 4 hours. G.M. is James Brown.
Dead Reign® – Hunters Become the Hunted, an RPG Game Event – An epic hunting trip in the Alaskan wilderness with old buddies is just what the doctor ordered. Grizzly bears are the least of your troubles when the dead rise and start their own Hunt. 6-8 players. Beginners okay. Thursday, June 15, at 8:00 PM, 4 hours. G.M. is James Brown.
Rifts: Chaos Earth® – Stop Bugging Me, an RPG Game Event – Now you have seen everything. Nukes, earthquakes, volcanoes, and supernatural horror are old hat for NEMA evac team 471 but now giant bugs are pouring from the sky! As the most experienced team in the area, the job of exterminator has fallen to you. 6-8 players. Beginners okay. Friday, June 16, at 7:00 PM, 4 hours. G.M. is James Brown.
Rifts® Ultimate Edition – Cult of the Dragon, an RPG Game Event – Coalition States (CS) Firebase 873 was wiped out 3 days ago. Last mission status was a pacification mission on a local village that worshiped some D-Bee. SAR team never reported back. It’s up to your team to investigate the source and eliminate any D-Bee scum. 6-8 players. Beginners okay. Saturday, June 17, at 7:00 PM. 4 hours. G.M. is James Brown.
GEN CON 2017 – Palladium Booth #1217 – August 17-20 – Robotech® RPG Tactics™ tournaments, RRT demos, many Palladium gaming events, and a host of Rifts® and other game products
Summer convention season is off and running, but the grand-daddy of them all is Gen Con, and Palladium Books will be there with a wide selection of products, new products, prints, original art and fun. Everyone at the Palladium booth is happy to chat, sign books and introduce you to the many worlds of Palladium, from Robotech® and Rifts® to Heroes Unlimited, Fantasy and more. And do not miss any of the 40+ Palladium gaming events.
Meet the following Palladium Creators:
- Kevin Siembieda (game designer and writer)
- Wayne Smith (editor)
- Charles Walton II (artist)
- Michael Leonard (artist)
- Brandon Aten (writer)
- Glen Evans (writer)
- Thomas Roache (writer and game designer)
- Jeff Ruiz and others
Memorial Day ... a time to remember
For many of us in the USA, Memorial Day is a fun, long weekend that unofficially kicks off summertime. It is a time for family, going to the cottage, movies, store sales and fun. That’s great and I hope everyone enjoys the weekend. But it is also a time for remembrance. A time to stop, for at least a moment, to think about and perhaps offer a prayer for the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice in war. But not just for those we lost, but also for those who went into battle and returned to us. They deserve our respect and our acknowledgment for taking a stand and putting their lives on the line for their country and their beliefs, and for us all. I salute all the men and women in the military, past and present, and say, thank you. May you find the peace, love and happiness you deserve.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer, Game Designer
Robotech® RPG (1986) – available as PDF
The original 1980s and 1990s Robotech® Role-Playing Game (1986 Edition) and sourcebooks are being posted to DriveThruRPG as PDFs. I hope you find this as exciting as we do. Some of the old books have awesome resources, tables, maps and floor plans of spaceships that are all easily adapted to the current Robotech® RPG game series and Robotech® RPG Tactics™.
Available now! The Robotech Role-Playing Game brings to life the power and adventure of the famous television series. Experience the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Play daring Veritech pilots or Destroid commanders inside giant walking tanks ready for action. Battle the ruthless Zentraedi invaders – giant, 50 foot tall humanoids cloned and bred for nothing but war. And now these warriors are out to crush and conquer the little Micronians (humans) of Earth.
- The “core rules” in the Macross setting.
- 7 Robotech® Defense Force character classes (O.C.C.s).
- 5 types of transformable Veritech jet fighters.
- 5 Destroids; 50 foot tall Battloids packing more firepower than 10 tanks.
- 19 RDF vehicles; aircraft and ground, plus commercial vehicles.
- 8 Zentraedi mecha and power armor.
- Zentraedi soldiers, Recon Pod and weapons.
- Zentraedi as optional player characters.
- The SDF-1 quick stats and more.
- A combat system that reflects the quick, fluid action of the anime.
- A complete Role-Playing Game “core rules.” Compatible with other Palladium Books Mega-Damage settings.
- $10.49 – 112 pages. Cat. No. ROBO50. Available on DriveThruRPG.com now!
- Also available as PDF books: RDF™ Manual, Zentraedi™ Sourcebook, and Southern Cross™, with Invid Invasion™ and other titles coming.
The RDF Manual™ – available as PDF
The RDF Manual™ Sourcebook (1987 Edition) as PDF contains more data about the RDF (Robotech Defense Force) and the post-holocaust world of Macross. Zentraedi control zones, high-tech bandits, civil unrest, the wastelands, RDF outposts, character sheets and more.
- Stats and floor plans for the Daedalus.
- Stats and floor plans for the Prometheus.
- RDF O.C.C. Character Sheets and Missile Log.
- More RDF aircraft and weapons plus RDF ranks.
- Random Hit Location Tables for RDF and Zentraedi mecha.
- Robotech® Timeline and world overview.
- The New Earth: E.B.S.I.S./Soviet weapons and vehicles.
- Map of North and South America, adventure ideas and more.
- $8.49 – 48 pages. Cat. No. ROBO51. Available now on DriveThruRPG.com.
- Also available as PDF books: Robotech® RPG, Zentraedi™ Sourcebook, and Southern Cross™, with Invid Invasion™ and other titles coming.
Zentraedi™ Sourcebook, 1987 Edition – available as PDF
An in-depth look at the giant Zentraedi and their war machines, including stats and floor plans of several Zentraedi battle cruisers. Diagrams, floor plans, key Zentraedi leaders and combat suggestions round out this adventure sourcebook.
- 5 Battle Cruisers with floor plans and stats.
- Notes on the Robotech Factory.
- Zentraedi Character Sheets and Missile Log.
- Additional Zentraedi weapons and vehicles.
- Zentraedi character creation and quick roll villain tables.
- $8.49 – 48 pages. Cat. No. ROBO52. Available now on DriveThruRPG.com.
Robotech® Southern Cross™, 1987 Edition – available as PDF
The Second Robotech War is about to begin! The Robotech Masters have come to Earth demanding their precious Protoculture. However, the people of Earth remain unaware of the massive Protoculture supply hidden within the wreckage of the SDF-1, now a national monument. With the Robotech Expeditionary Force light-years away, the defense of the Earth falls to the 15 Armies of the Southern Cross.
Robotech® Southern Cross™ presents the maniacal Robotech Masters and their Bioroid mecha legions, the mecha, armor and weapons of the Southern Cross, plus more on the crumbling Earth government and the state of the world after the war.
- The mecha, armor and weapons of the Armies of the Southern Cross. Includes the AJAX, Logan, Hover Tank and Battloids.
- Southern Cross Character Sheets and Missile Log.
- The mecha, armor and weapons of the Robotech Masters.
- The mecha of E.B.S.I.S.
- Global Summary, circa 2030, key characters, maps and more.
- $10.49 – 112 pages. Cat. No. ROBO53. Available now on DriveThruRPG.com.
Robotech® Ghost Ship™ Adventure Sourcebook, 1988 Edition – available as PDF
Explore the ruins of a Zentraedi Salan Scout ship, but is it an abandoned ship – a “ghost ship” – or is it a trap? Find out.
An RDF Reconnaissance team must stealthily penetrate a seemingly derelict Zentraedi warship that is suspected to be a base for Zentraedi terrorists. The adventure takes place aboard the alien vessel. Floor plans and stats of the Salan Scout offer a platform for future battles and adventures. Macross or Southern Cross setting.
- The Zentraedi Salan Scout Ship floor plans and stats.
- Ghost Ship adventure outline.
- Additional Zentraedi items and adventure ideas.
- RDF in space! And working with the Southern Cross.
- Space pirates and more.
- $8.49 – 48 pages. Cat. No. ROBO54. Available now on DriveThruRPG.com.
Robotech® RDF Accelerated Training Program Sourcebook, 1988 Edition – available now as PDF
The many raw recruits flooding the Robotech Defense Force need training in combat and piloting mecha. The Accelerated Training Program helps hone their skills and build experience. Adventure ideas aplenty are found in this adventure sourcebook.
- 10 NPC Generation Tables and NPC character sheet.
- Using mecha underwater and other strategies and tactics.
- Passing advanced training, awarding experience and demerits.
- 20 scenario simulations, six missions and many adventure ideas.
- Random Encounter Tables, character tables and maps.
- $8.49 – 56 pages – maps and more. Cat. No. ROBO55.
Robotech® Invid Invasion Sourcebook, 1988 Edition – COMING SOON as PDF
The Third Robotech War begins with a surprise attack by the Invid, an enemy the Earth Defenders knew nothing about! Bombardment from space followed by swarms of Invid mecha leaves human civilization shattered. There is no city left unscathed. World governments fall and so do their armies. Human survivors can be divided into three camps: the enslaved, freedom fighters, and enemy sympathizers. The Invid rule the planet, but they are not all powerful. Their tyranny is challenged by heroes and resistance fighters who harass the enemy and struggle to free Earth from the claws of its inhuman oppressors. They are helped by the arrival of UEEF fleets sent by Admiral Rick Hunter.
Characters have access to the most powerful mecha ever created by humans, including the Cyclone Veritech transformable motorcycle, the Veritech Alpha and Beta Fighters, the Vindicator and a variety of other war machines.
- The mecha, armor and weapons of the REF: Cyclones, the Alpha and Beta Fighters, Shadow Fighter, Synchro-Cannon and much more.
- The weapons and equipment of the Robotech Expeditionary Force.
- A new Robotech® Character Sheet and Mecha Combat Log.
- Invid mecha and weapons; Enforcer, Simulagents and more.
- Invid Hives described and statted with floor plans.
- Global Summary, circa 2038, Genesis Pits, key characters & more.
- $10.49 – 112 pages. Cat. No. ROBO56. Coming soon on DriveThruRPG.com.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #78
Another issue of source material for four or more Palladium game settings, most of which can be adapted to any game world. This issue has a nice hunk of material about the supernatural, such as the Modern Necromancer by Greg Diaczyk, a Beyond the Supernatural™ monster by Kevin Siembieda, City of Khemennu: Part Two (Palladium Fantasy) which is a city of gods and churches by Ian Herbert, plus G.M. Advice and the Splicers® Legion Aftermath. Shaping up to be another great issue. Final articles to be selected. Artwork is being assigned.
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory for players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and find new avenues of adventure. It provides useful, ready-to-go source material you can just drop into your ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. And the many new characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, villains, monsters, adventures and ideas for one setting can be easily adapted to any Palladium setting. Every issue has material for Rifts® and usually 2-3 other Palladium game lines. The focus of this issue is Rifts®, Splicers® and RPG advice. Don’t forget, unofficial material can be easily adapted for use in ANY Palladium game setting.
Rifter® #78 Highlights:
- A Tomes Grotesque™ Monster for Beyond the Supernatural™, “official” source material – by Kevin Siembieda.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Part Two of a city adventure setting and source material by Ian Herbert.
- Splicers® – The Aftermath of I am Legion, by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – “official” source material. Ideas and source material on where to go from here, possible adventure hooks and more.
- G.M. advice by Julius Rosenstein.
- Other – source material for other RPG settings.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 178. In production. June release.
NEW! Nightbane® Dark Designs sourcebook – Raw Preview Limited Edition – Only 150 copies available
Back from the printer. Available now.
The Raw Preview Edition of Nightbane® Dark Designs™ is an advance copy of the unedited, unillustrated, final working manuscript for this exciting new sourcebook. You get to see the unfinished book months before the final title is released. A rare look at the raw manuscript before publication. Limited to a total of 150 copies, sold on a first come, first served basis.
Nightbane® Dark Designs™ is a guide to creating the Nightbane®, and a sourcebook for players and Game Masters alike. It presents all sorts of new Nightbane creation tables, new Morphus tables, new Talents, and new information. Info and powers that enable players to make memorable Nightbane characters and for G.M.s to take their games up a notch.
Note: The finished Nightbane® Dark Designs™ sourcebook is anticipated to ship in June or July of 2017. But you can start playing right now with this meaty special edition! All Nightbane fans are going to love this sourcebook that focuses on the Nightbane.
- Limited collector’s edition – only 150 total copies made!
- Sold on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last.
- A rare glimpse at the virgin manuscript and a work in progress.
- 18 New and comprehensive Morphus Tables.
- 60 New Talents.
- 40 New Elite Talents.
- Transformation Transition Table.
- Talent creation and conversion steps.
- The Ancient Nightbane R.C.C. fully statted out.
- Insight to the Becoming.
- Answers to some common questions and more.
- Written by Mark Oberle.
- $20.00 – 96 page Raw Edition – Cat. No. 736-RAW – Available now, while supplies last!
The Rifter® #77 – available now
Adventure, madness, strange creatures and strange lands fill this issue of The Rifter®. This issue is a playground for heroes and a source of adventure, but beware the danger that lurks in the shadows.
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory for players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and find new avenues of adventure. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. And the source material can be easily adapted for use in ANY Palladium game setting.
Rifter® #77 Highlights:
- Rifts® – City of Nowhere – an adventure setting – by Brett Caron. Capitalism, magic and dark secrets build an enchanted city with a dark underbelly that may not hold.
- Heroes Unlimited™ “official” source material – by Kevin Siembieda. The mad genius of Doctor Feral breeds new mutant menaces, heroes and adventure. Four new super abilities.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – the city of Khemennu adventure setting by Ian Herbert. A holy city dedicated the Church of Light and Dark, and resting place of the legendary Sun Disc. A place of intrigue, magic and adventure.
- Splicers® – I am Legion, Part Six – by Charles Walton II, Chris Kluge and Lance Colley – “official” source material. This is it! The final battle against Legion! The Legion personality and her Black Shroud armor statted and described. Secrets and dangers revealed about the Factory Walker and more. Even in victory, the world may never be the same.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- Cover by Michael Leonard. Art by Walton, Rodriguez, and others.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 177. Available NOW.
NEW! Garden of the Gods™ – A Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook
This has been a secret project of Kevin Siembieda’s that he has been plotting and writing in what little spare time he has. The Garden of the Gods is said to be a holy place watched over and even frequented by the avatars of the gods. According to legend, the god may visit heroes and followers in dreams or in person by an avatar of the god, to be given guidance, inspiration, heroic quests, and gifts of knowledge and magic. More details about this title will follow.
- The Garden of the Gods described in detail.
- Godly insight and visitations.
- Gifts of magic and knowledge.
- Sanctuary and more.
- The Black Pit, a place of evil and dark secrets. Is it a counterbalance to the good of the Garden, or a trick of the Old Ones?
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- Final page count and price yet to be determined, but probably 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 475. Summer release.
NEW! Rifts® CS Arsenal™ – A Rifts® Secrets of the Coalition States™ Sourcebook
This title is hotly anticipated and ties directly into Rifts® Heroes of Humanity and Rifts® WB 35: Megaverse® in Flames. All of which are setting up something big.
Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™ CS Arsenal provides an array of new Coalition hardware: weapons, armor, additional SAMAS, other power armor, robots, combat vehicles, gear and info.
- New CS weapons and gear.
- New CS SAMAS and power armor.
- New CS robots and combat vehicles.
- More secrets and information about the Coalition States.
- Wild adventure opportunities, fun and more.
- Part of the Minion War™ “Crossover” series.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Clements, Gleba and others.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 893. Summer release. Hot!
NEW! Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™
This book is going to be a hugely popular and is shaping up wonderfully.
True Atlanteans are descendants from Earth’s past. The survivors of the sinking of Atlantis (really a dimensional mishap) and travelers of the Megaverse, wielders of Tattoo Magic and other lost mystic arts. Most people regard them as heroes, but are they? The Sunaj Assassins are mythic villains feared by all, yet they too are True Atlanteans who serve dark forces.
For the first time, much of the story behind True Atlanteans and their secrets are revealed.
- True Atlanteans revisited.
- Optional Atlantean character creation tables including clan heritage and other factors.
- Secrets of the stone pyramids, different types/purposes and powers.
- Many new magic tattoos, magic spells, weapons and armor.
- Atlantean hideouts and secret communities across the Megaverse.
- The Sunaj Assassins, their secrets, history and plans for the future.
- Atlantean Monster Hunter O.C.C., Atlantean Defender O.C.C. and much more.
- Cover by John Zeleznik. Interior art by Walton and others.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Additional material by Kevin Siembieda.
- Final page count and price yet to be determined, but probably 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 890. In final production, a June release. Super-Hot!
Rifts® The Disavowed – A Secrets of the Coalition States™ Sourcebook
“Desperate times require desperate measures. War has nothing to do with morality or justice. It’s all about winning or dying. We cannot bind our hands with high ideals, even our own, or worry about the laws of renegade nations or the rights of alien people. We must fight fire with fire. And you are the match.” – Colonel Lyboc addressing a Disavowed team.
The Disavowed are so Top Secret that their existence is known only to a handful of the Coalition States’ most elite, top echelon, with Joseph Prosek II the mastermind behind the Disavowed operation, and Colonel Lyboc its shadowy face. Find out who these men and women are. How the Disavowed get away with using magic, traveling to other parts of Rifts Earth and even to other dimensions in pursuit of enemies and strategic information that cannot be had through conventional means. Learn about the secret parameters in which these hard-boiled warriors, secretly hand-picked by Joseph Prosek II, operate, why almost every mission is considered a suicide mission, and why they must forever be the Disavowed.
- CS operatives so secret that even the top military and political leaders right up to Emperor Prosek know nothing about them. And if they did know, would they condone their activity or condemn it?
- Are the Disavowed heroes or renegades? Assassins or soldiers? Madmen or super-patriots? Or a little of them all?
- Unsung heroes who keep the CS safe, or thugs and pawns of a shadow agency within the Coalition government?
- What role does the Vanguard play in this group?
- How do they reward their D-Bee “teammates” when the mission is over?
- What happens to the Disavowed when they have seen or learned too much? Adventure ideas galore and so much more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 892. Summer.
New! Rifts® Sovietski™
The Rifts® Sovietski™ World Book presents background information on the fledgling Sovietski nation, notable cities and people, politics, and its growing army, plus Deadzones, Spetsnaz Special Forces, new bionics, Russian D-Bees, and more.
- New Cyborgs and other O.C.C.s.
- The Sovietski nation and its army.
- Weapons, new bionics, combat vehicles, and gear.
- Bunker Creation tables and Deadzone tables.
- Russian D-Bees, adventure ideas and more.
- By Brandon Aten and Matthew Orr.
- $24.95 – 192 pages – Cat. No. 891 – Summer 2017.
New! In the Face of Death™ – Summer/Fall – A Dead Reign® Sourcebook
This sourcebook is all about inner city survival. Survivor colonies finding ways to live and prosper in the big city. Conventional wisdom says that living in the big population centers is impossible. These survivors prove otherwise.
- Inner city survival. Old and new O.C.C.s.
- Skyscraper communities and life on the rooftops.
- Cults – the new power in the city.
- Gangs, street runners, the new underground, and more.
- Take your zombie campaign to new heights!
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by Nick Bradshaw.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda. Adaptable to other Palladium settings.
- Size and price not yet determined, probably 96 pages – $16.95 (tentative) – Cat. No. 237. Summer or fall.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™
Robotech® is getting hotter and hotter. It is the Number One Anime on Crackle, the Robotech® movie from Sony Pictures sounds like it is going to be become a reality, more Robotech® licensed products are appearing, and Palladium is gearing up toward the release of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave Two and more Robotech® products. Ah, but the core game and expansion packs to get you started are available right now.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games, or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces. Get yours now.
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Core Box Set (Main Game) – 34 detailed game pieces – 53 game cards, 24 custom battle dice, decal sheets, rule book and more – $99.95 – Cat. No. 55100 – Available now.
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing (6 game pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55201 – Available now.
- UEDF Tomahawk/Defender Destroids (4 game pieces) – $32.95 – Cat. No. 55202 – Available now.
- UEDF Spartan/Phalanx Destroids (4 game pieces) – $32.95 retail – Cat. No. 55203 – Available now.
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepods (4 game pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55401 – Available now.
- Zentraedi Artillery Battlepods (6 game pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55402 – Available now.
- Zentraedi Glaug Command (3 pieces) – $36.95 retail – Cat. No. 55403 – Available now.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Convention Exclusives – now available to anyone
These dynamic pieces are available as a regular item in the Palladium store. They are powerful fun and only have 4-6 parts, so they are easy to put together. They look awesome on your shelf or in your game. Get yours while supplies last.
Cat. No. 56015 – $22.00 – Max Sterling’s Valkyrie Battloid
Cat. No. 56019 – $22.00 – Miriya in Super Valkyrie
Cat. No. 56020 – $22.00 – Breetai in Heavy Combat Armor
Cat. No. 56021 – $22.00 – Grell in Male Power Armor
Coming Soon 2017
- Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™ ARSENAL – 96 or 128 pages – It is laying the groundwork for something big. Working on it now.
- Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ – 192 pages – by Carl Gleba – Spring, also in production now and looking great.
- Rifts® The Disavowed™ Sourcebook – More CS intrigue leading to something big – Spring or summer.
- Garden of the Gods™, a Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook – by Kevin Siembieda – Summer.
- In the Face of Death™, a Dead Reign® Sourcebook – by Kevin Siembieda – Summer.
- Nightbane® Dark Designs™ Sourcebook – by Mark Oberle – Summer.
- Others – We may try to slip in a small book or two before summer.
Coming Later in 2017 and 2018
- Lopan™, a Palladium Fantasy RPG® Adventure Sourcebook
- Lopanic Games™, a Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook
- Robotech® RPG: Ghost Fleet Saga™ Sourcebook
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Wave 2 expansion packs
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Scenario Book One and events
- Rifts® Sovietski™ World Book
- Rifts® Haunted Tech™ Sourcebook – Rescheduled
- Chaos Earth® First Responders
- Splicers® Sourcebooks
- Heroes Unlimited™ Sourcebooks
- Nightbane® Sourcebooks
- Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebooks
- Rifts® World Books and Sourcebooks, including Rifts® New Navy, Rifts® Antarctica, and others.
- And some big surprises coming this summer and fall
© Copyright 2017 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Powers Unlimited®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars®, Chaos Earth®, Dead Reign®, and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.