Palladium Books - Press Release - May 8, 2003

For talk about the upcoming Rifts Movie.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Re: Palladium Books - Press Release - May 8, 2003

Unread post by Shadyslug »

So is there potential release date for the movie yet? Or are we looking at a couple years?
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
BigKab

Jerry Bruckheimer ??? I r Scared !!

Unread post by BigKab »

El Magico -- DarkLordDC wrote:Has Bruckheimer ever made a movie that wasn't cool????

Well looking over the list of movies he has was involved I can name the ones I LIKED , well somewhat. There's Black Hack Down , Crimson Tide , The Rock and Cat People gets listed because I was really young when I first seen it. It was made in '81 lol. Oh and Kangaroo Jack wasn't all that bad since Anthony Anderson carried the movie. Everything else by Jerry Bruckheimer I didn't enjoy at all, so that's 4.5 out 30 movies because Cat People gets 50% deduction because when you're older it becomes boring.

At first the Disney name frightend me but then I remembered they ownmulti film groups.

Try http://www.jbfilms.com/ to see a list of films and crap with his name involved. To each his/her own.
BigKab

Unread post by BigKab »

oopps
Last edited by BigKab on Mon May 17, 2004 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malraza

Unread post by Malraza »

The movie hasn't even picked up yet, has it? The people at PB have good hopes for it, as do i, but i think its a long way off. I also don't think the Disney part will affect it any. [/quote]
Greeter
Wanderer

Re: hopeful but cynical

Unread post by Greeter »

CJH wrote:"Don't let the Disney name make you think you're gonna see Winnie-the-Pooh buzzing around the 100 Acre Wood in a SAMAS"
- Ah, but what an image would that be...perhaps see Pooh squeeze off a few rail gun bursts....

Tigger could play a juicer. :)
That which does not kill me . . . had better do enough damage to keep me from firing back!
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Prospero wrote:God this Movie could Quite litteraly outdo LOTR for a battle scene...Just think ....... Open with introing some characters at the Siege of Tolkeen....
Cut right to one of the big Battles.... Sorcerer's Summoning up demons.. Glitterboys fireing Boom guns... Dragons Strafeing... Giant Mechs going toe to toe with Giants/Demons/Dragons.... Dog boy packs swarming a team of Psychics and Mages under.... A Rift Opening in the Middle of the Battle..... Cyberknights on Bionic Horses Summoning Psi Swords and Charging A Company of CS Dead Boy's And SAMAS Armor..... Technowizards on Boards flying in formation then divebombing the SAMAS.... Cull Survivors from each side and send them tumbleing through a Rift....

WHoohBOY :D Every tried and true gamers trick in the book ; )

Can you imagine trying to do justice to the Shear Glory and Sweep of the Rifts Universe? WHOOF :eek: :eek: :eek:

..And the true finishing touch; frantic chanting chior over the wizards, mixed with heavy metal blaring over the robots and PA. The soundtrack potential here could be ground breaking.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

NatJester wrote:If they do action figures, I am sure I will go broke buying them all

Yeah, something tells me there'd be a few purchased for the Fortress of Servotude as well.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Twitchfingers wrote:I've just noticed this thread is quite old, and was wondering if anything has been set in concrete since the posting of this thread.

The info would be greatly appreciated.

The writer has been hired, David Franzoni (in fact he recently mentioned it in an interview), but thats all we know right now.
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Maryann
Adventurer

Re: I hope the editing is ok!!!!!!

Unread post by Maryann »

Larry97501 wrote:Sorry, but it seems that every product printed by Palladium needs massive editing that never ends up descent, just think about their novels. I really hope to god the writer wasn't part of that novel series.

Palladium isn't producing this project, Palladium has creative input, but not creative control. Jerry Bruckheimer studios and Disney (for distribution) are running the show. Come on, catch up, follow along :) j/k
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Larry97501 wrote:Sorry, but it seems that every product printed by Palladium needs massive editing that never ends up descent, just think about their novels. I really hope to god the writer wasn't part of that novel series.

Larry, you ever watch Gladiator starring Russell Crowe? This fellow wrote THAT! I enjoyed the movie immensely, so I think the Rifts flick is in safe hands.
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Ashrune wrote:
Mike Taylor wrote:

Larry, you ever watch Gladiator starring Russell Crowe? This fellow wrote THAT! I enjoyed the movie immensely, so I think the Rifts flick is in safe hands.

He also wrote Star Trek: Nemesis if I remember right.

It was almost good enough for non-trekies to see it, if there is such a thing.

David Franzoni didn't write Star Trek Nemesis.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
LDMcFear™
Explorer

Unread post by LDMcFear™ »

Demonboy® wrote:Yipppppppie-kaiiii-yaaaaay....errr...I mean Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!!!....

oooooohhhhhh are they gonna sanitize the Coalition States with its Uber-Soldat glamorizations :lol:

:lol:
unasoto

Unread post by unasoto »

LDMcFear™ wrote:
Demonboy® wrote:Yipppppppie-kaiiii-yaaaaay....errr...I mean Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!!!....

oooooohhhhhh are they gonna sanitize the Coalition States with its Uber-Soldat glamorizations :lol:

:lol:

God I hope not I want to see a little elven girl nailed to the wall of a CS camp :) show what bastards they realy are.
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer
Comment: You are the greatest project you will ever work on... never give up.

Unread post by Capt. Meschievitz »

blah blah blahblahblah blah blah......

ok any other news?
after 20 odd years of the same character time has come......
Uncle Servo
Champion

Re: Rifts Movie

psion128 wrote:I hope that its meets the fan's expectations. Like someone said in a earlier post, that it should be focused on just a small group. The D&D movie was alright with a rating of a 1.5 out of 5. I seriously hope they do a good job with this movie or they'll be just wasting a ton of cash just to produce it.

I'm sure with those 2 entities involved though(Disney and the other guy), it should be pretty decent.

Well, with Disney involved on the distribution end it's sure to at least be marketed pretty well. Bruckheimer just doesn't seem to know how to crank out a bad movie (or at least one that doesn't do well at the box office). There's not been a single one of his that I've seen that I didn't like.
SirJames

Rifts the Movie

Unread post by SirJames »

I want to see Cyberknights on the big screen so bad. I hope they make Rifts Video games and stuff too!!! but just don't ruin it like D&D the movie!!!!!!!
Juicer

there should be juicers in it

Unread post by Juicer »

i think there should be juicers in the mivie bcuz they are so original i mean who else would have thought of something like that its just so cool
YubaRaider

Unread post by YubaRaider »

KROUTCB wrote:Xmen movies and recent comic based movies are cool because the directors were lifelong fans of the titles.

Actually... the director of Xmen... the guy that gets almost all the credit for the movies being successful... says that he never read comic books and that he thought that it would never fly as a movie.
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

YubaRaider wrote:
KROUTCB wrote:Xmen movies and recent comic based movies are cool because the directors were lifelong fans of the titles.

Actually... the director of Xmen... the guy that gets almost all the credit for the movies being successful... says that he never read comic books and that he thought that it would never fly as a movie.

Yep, Bryan Singer (who is not going to do X-Men 3 because he's going to do the new Superman movie) never read any of the X-Men comic books.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

So what are the Current know FACTS?

I think we all know about Disney, Bruckheimer and king arthur.

Do we have anything else? maybe a filming date? a release date? when the trailers will hit the theaters/tv? Actors? budget? I've been following this now for over a year and nothing new. Hell the announcement was years before that and still no sign of a movie. Instead we get a game for the N-gage of all platforms. I'd rant more about that but thats for a different thread.

So, do we have any NEW FACTS?
MDGiest
Wanderer

A word on N-gage...

Unread post by MDGiest »

SUCK!

Ok, maybe a few more words. First, when I heard that the Rifts Video game was going to be on the N-Gage system of all platforms I almost puked. I would honestly LOVE to ask Kevin what he was thinking when he went that route! Why? Look, Ive been working in game system retail for 8 years now, and while the N-gage system itself has no physical flaws, it has enough others to keep folks from buying it. One: Its made by Nokia...these guys make cell phones, and therefor (imho) have no business making gaming platforms. (Yes, and neither did Bill or Microsoft, but they actually made something WORK this time!) Two: N-gage stood no chane against Nintendo's Gameboy series from the start because they releases the system at the price of $399.99. Three: It only had 8 games at its relase date and ALL of them were somewhat old titles that had been on other systems, and none of them were anything great (not that Im gleeful about the Pokemon series either, but...) Four: ITS MADE BY NOKIA!!!

Sorry about that rant...I really hate N-Gage.

Oh, as for the movie...I cant freakin' wait! Here I am waiting for the release of a movie that has no trailer or anything yet, while everyone else almost is has been waiting in line for Episode 3 for the last month! GAHAHAHAHA!!!
MDGiest
Wanderer

Unread post by MDGiest »

My opinion still stands...N-gage bites!!! :P
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

What happened here? I thought I made this thread about the movie not the N-gage...sigh...

I view KS's choice of the N-gaga for the very first Rifts game much like the SoT series...he simply wasnt thinking.
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer

Re: A word on N-gage...

Aequitas wrote:
MDGiest wrote:SUCK!

Ok, maybe a few more words. First, when I heard that the Rifts Video game was going to be on the N-Gage system of all platforms I almost puked. I would honestly LOVE to ask Kevin what he was thinking when he went that route! Why? Look, Ive been working in game system retail for 8 years now, and while the N-gage system itself has no physical flaws, it has enough others to keep folks from buying it. One: Its made by Nokia...these guys make cell phones, and therefor (imho) have no business making gaming platforms. (Yes, and neither did Bill or Microsoft, but they actually made something WORK this time!) Two: N-gage stood no chane against Nintendo's Gameboy series from the start because they releases the system at the price of $399.99. Three: It only had 8 games at its relase date and ALL of them were somewhat old titles that had been on other systems, and none of them were anything great (not that Im gleeful about the Pokemon series either, but...) Four: ITS MADE BY NOKIA!!!

Sorry about that rant...I really hate N-Gage.

Oh, as for the movie...I cant freakin' wait! Here I am waiting for the release of a movie that has no trailer or anything yet, while everyone else almost is has been waiting in line for Episode 3 for the last month! GAHAHAHAHA!!!

Keep in mind, Sony made stereos and TV's, but they seem to have captured the videogame market with the PS2. It's kind of ironic Nintendo shot themselves in the foot when they decided to out Sony from a deal they had in the early nintey's

why the gamecube eats the PS2 for games anyday...
Uncle Servo
Champion

Toc Rat wrote:What happened here? I thought I made this thread about the movie not the N-gage...sigh...

I view KS's choice of the N-gaga for the very first Rifts game much like the SoT series...he simply wasnt thinking.

While I don't have an N-gage nor do I plan to ever purchase one, I'm going to withhold my "KS wasn't thinking" comments until the movie comes out and that's the ONLY platform for a Rifts game.

With the plethora of crapware out there for the PC, I find it absolutely incomprehensible that we won't see something SOMEWHERE else.

So what if the first announced Rifts deal wasn't for the almighty X-Box? Do you honestly think KS is going to sit back and say "we've got the N-gage, we don't need to pursue anything else?" Granted he's the one behind the Siege of Tolkeen railroad... but he's also the one who created our beloved Rifts game in the first place. Give the man a LITTLE credit. :nh:
Capt. Meschievitz
Explorer

Ok I'll give KS alot of credit.....

Because without him and palladium, I would never picked up a keyboard and started programming, or started writing short stories, nor rebuild a few games to have some interesting units in them...
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Richard Edminson wrote:as far as i know, palladium are not actually going to have anything to do with it, it will only be "BASED" on Rifts to my knowledge.

but I hear ya! ........fingers crossed eh. :)
You will be the next to fall to my posting marithon
冠双
En Kanaan

LOL

Unread post by En Kanaan »

Where can i buy my suit of dead boy armor for the premier
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

John Kronus wrote:That reminds me Toc Rat, i had another kind of movie idea...

Coun't some one do a light hearted comedy about 6 friends who game and play rifts, have a rule lawyer, a gm from hell, munchkin etc... would be kinda funny...

Oh, a live action KotDT? :-)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Explorer

Unread post by Avatara »

You mean you have not heard the song? And Americans hate to admit it when it is there fault. :D
If Archie 3 were to read every palladium book every made would his head explode immediatly do to inconsitancies, or would it take him a couple of days to reason out there is no reason and thus kill himself? ~ Rolling Bear
Dave the dragon
Explorer

Unread post by Dave the dragon »

uh, time for my six month check in. Any NEW info on this?
"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous ****** in the jungle."
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Richard Edminson wrote:
Ranger34 wrote:Congrats and may the movie be done way better than D&D. May it show up the matrix.

lets hope so! :demon:
and now I have passed you my old nemisis!
冠双
LDMcFear™
Explorer

Unread post by LDMcFear™ »

Dave the dragon wrote:uh, time for my six month check in. Any NEW info on this?

Yes any new info would be nice.
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

If Palladium and the folks making this movie are trying to be so secretive, why'd they tell us about a movie anyway? They should have waited till they had more info.

But no....they had to tell us way in advance and drive us all crazy with anticipation. They've turned us into drug addicts.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Kevin is an information Drug-Lord. And Alex is his evil little hench-man.
The Phoenix is Coming!
bensattva

Re: LOL

Unread post by bensattva »

John Kronus wrote:
En Kanaan wrote:Where can i buy my suit of dead boy armor for the premier

That would be cool, a bunch of people show up in costume, like they do to star wars lol... :lol:

Those Storm Trooper armor sets people wear are usually made from Kits. Google it and you'll find tons of different types of kits out there. It shouldn't be too difficult to retrofit something like that to yeild a suit of PVC Dead Boy Armor. Hell I might even give it a shot just for kicks :D
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

I wish they waited to tell us about it when things were on route to actual production.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

WorldofRifts wrote:I wish they waited to tell us about it when things were on route to actual production.

I will have to agree with you. It would have been better for us fans in the long run. Though maybe, the people at Palladium did not think it would have taken this long and still no real progress, that we know of.
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Alpha 11 wrote:
WorldofRifts wrote:I wish they waited to tell us about it when things were on route to actual production.

I will have to agree with you. It would have been better for us fans in the long run. Though maybe, the people at Palladium did not think it would have taken this long and still no real progress, that we know of.

If there has been any progress, they ain't talking.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Dave the dragon
Explorer

The newest updates on the web are from 2004, so no new info. Has Kev or Alex released anything?
"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous ****** in the jungle."
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Dave the dragon wrote:The newest updates on the web are from 2004, so no new info. Has Kev or Alex released anything?

If they did it would be in a press release, probably on the Palladium website.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

Since the option is up very soon, likely there will be some sort of announcement in the next week or so. Probably.
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

Okay, so I was off by a bit in guessing when the announcement would be made...

These things happen.
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
Dave the dragon
Explorer

Im begining to agree with EPIC. By the time this movie does come out, I'll be too old to remember why I wanted to see it in the first place.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

<watches the tumble weed drift by>
Any news, good bad or ugly?
MASTERMIND
Adventurer
Comment: I game... Therefore I am...

Unread post by MASTERMIND »

:sleep:
Sinder Sleeping
D-Bee

Unread post by Sinder Sleeping »

Why not do a couple of things a Rifts animated cartoon and a movie feature.
When your Hot! your Hot! when your not your Toast!
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Sinder Sleeping wrote:Why not do a couple of things a Rifts animated cartoon and a movie feature.

For someone to do that they would need to contact Palladium to get a licenses for the I.P. That would be cool.

Carl
ImageImage
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

asajosh wrote:<watches the tumble weed drift by>

The last that was said publicly was that the option had been extended.

I can't talk about what else I know, but I promise it's good news. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Warwolf wrote:
asajosh wrote:<watches the tumble weed drift by>

The last that was said publicly was that the option had been extended.

I can't talk about what else I know, but I promise it's good news. :)

Very well, I'll give it another year from this post.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)

Return to “Rifts® Movie”