Hijack a Mechanoid

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Hijack a Mechanoid

Unread post by Swift-13 »

Now here's a thought:

If someone with enough mechanical knowhow managed to get their wrenches on a relatively undamaged and large enough Mechanoid body, would it be feasible to make a vehical out of it?

It opens up the possibilities for espionage against the Mechanoids and takes advantage of the fact the bad guys get all the neat toys...
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

They would need some major psionics because the mechanoids incorporate them like telekinesis. So when your mech can't activate a lift, your cover is blown. Still, not a bad idea at all. I can see it to make good an escape. Now the trick is getting one undamaged.

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Aegis wrote:
Still, not a bad idea at all. I can see it to make good an escape. Now the trick is getting one undamaged.

Well a semi cheap way would be to have a cross over somewhere in the phase world universe. Grab some phase beamers and get ready to harvest those mechanoid shells.

Just a cheap thought.
Aegis

I have to say, that is a brilliant idea :eek: :D

Carl
ImageImage
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Well, there already are psychic 'Borgs in RIFTS Mindwerks. And the Mechanoids might very well be a real threat to the Three Galaxies thanks to the fact the Splugorth's Kittani are one of their ancient enemies. A few rampaging Mechanoids wouldn't be so much a problem in that dimension (since it has over 31 flavors of problem to choose from already), as they would if the Mechanoid Doomsday device suddenly appeared. :?
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Hey, don't worry about it! Not like anyone owns the topic or anything. Besides, while the espionage part is difficult, some of the newer model Mechanoids found in the RIFTS book would just look so cool as a vehicle.

Especially the Type II Brute chassis! :-D
taalismn
Priest

Re: Numbers

Unread post by taalismn »

Kestrel wrote:As for the 3 galaxies invasion. It depends on the numbers involved. The Mechanoids had fleets of planet-sized Motherships. The sheer numbers involved make taking a single Mothership down a major undertaking. I think that if every major power in the 3 galaxies combined together, one to four motherships could be defeated, five to ten motherships could make a standoff, and more than ten would be enough momentum to give the Mechanoids an eventual "victory" unless unseen events occur.

).

MIght have to draft the Dominators into the conflict, with their moon-sized warships....

Looks set for a free-for-all madness!
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

remember even the Splugorth is terrified of the mechinoids
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.

Return to “The Mechanoids®”