Mechanoids in other Settings?

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AdmTolval
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by AdmTolval »

I'm getting ready to run a huge robotech campaign set in the year 2080. During the campaign, which will be fleet based, they will discover a Mechanoid ship. I'm going to led up to it like they led up to the Borg in Star Trek.
chaserone
Explorer

Unread post by chaserone »

easy, fire the main gun. Although, that would happen maybe twice before the mechanoids sent HUGE waves against the robotech defenders. It would be one hell of a fight, but do you think that they could handle between 500 million to a billion mechanoids? They have a genocidal hatred of all bipedal lifeforms and are responsible for the massive obliteration of hundreds, maybe even thousands of races. Not to mention about half of them are mind melter class psychics.

It would have to be one hell of a fleet to even take on one mothership! It would be interesting though, Id actually like to hear about that campaign.
AdmTolval
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by AdmTolval »

I've been working on and off the campaign for three years. It's based off of my old campaign I ended three years ago in the year 2045. There's peace in the area. All the main races, except for the Invid, are members of the Sentenial Alliance. I've based the background story off of The Third Invid War webpage. Finally, after the wars are done and the rebuilding complete, the Sentinels have allowed commissioning of a exploration fleet.

I'm running the game in seasons. Each season equals one year of game time. At the start of the first season, the players will have finished their training and started their regular duties somewhere within the Alliance. Their duties will depend on the characters' actions. If one character is rude, disobiedent, etc., he/she may find themselves on a cargo ship, while one who is respectful and does their duty, may find themselves on a cruiser. Players most likely will not be in the same unit depending on their actions.

In the second season, they get their assignments to the fleet. Near the end of the season, I plan for them to find a colony missing. Not just the people, but the entire system. They only find debris.

In the third season, they will encounter more evidence of the Mechanoids and will have opportunities to fight scouting forces. It will lead up to a big fight against a mothership at the end of the season. Also, they will find a huge gate like structure in which ships can pass through. This will be a one way gate to Phase World.

After the third season, the sessions will take place in the larger Mega-verse. They will encounter anything from the Phase World books to some races in the Aliens Unlimited book. Of course, from time to time, I'm going to run encounters with the Mechanoids.

Even though they will be part of a fleet, I'm not assigning a SDF-class to the fleet. The biggest ship will be a Zentraedi flagship with it's main gun removed and converted into a mobile factory.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Mechanoids in other Settings?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Chamalkan wrote:How do all the Mechanoid fans feel about using Mechanoids in the other Palladium systems? (Rifts, Palladium Fantasy, Heros, BTS...)

What changes would you make to them in each setting to compensate for the varying styles of RP?

Palladium Fantasy:

Option 1:
The Mechanoids are at full MDC capabilities and are set on eating the planet. This would pretty much run like the original Mechanoid trilogy (no chance to save the world).

Option 2:
The Mechanoids are MDC, but only a small group is sent. They are few, but virtually unstoppable. I'd run it kind of like a fantasy version of the "Tripods Trilogy" books.

Option 3:
The Mechanoids are numerous, but they are only SDC. Large-scale warefare and unusual alliances might force the Mechanoids back (for a while...)
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

Come to think of it, I was planning on adding the Megaverse's Favorite Cyborg Bastards for a couple of rounds in my Palladium FRPG campaign. Not to redirect the topic, but think that would be a good idea?

Return to “The Mechanoids®”