Character Sheets LINKS-COMPLETE

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Character Sheets LINKS-COMPLETE

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

EDIT 12-11-15 Okay, I don't spend much time around these boards anymore, so I haven't been keeping an eye on this thread. The truth is, you can just as easily do a google search and find what you want as dig through this thread.

My current character sheet designs are linked in my sig. If you're so inclined, I'd suggest starting at the end of this thread and working your way backwards through the posts for other designs, as the links are more likely to still be good.

I'm pretty much always open for commissions, so if anyone wants me to make a design fillable, drop me a note on my DeviantArt page.

EDIT 4-2-11 Thanks to CoalitionMerc for finding the working links, his post repeated here:

CoalitionMerc wrote:didnt notice this thread was sticked so here is the links that work:

from page 1
cutting room floor
Cheese's friends .doc character sheets
demos606's .wpd & 8 page Splicers.pdf
Wolf_Starbuck's 7 page FILLABLE .pdf
The Game Master Experience Log (Back)

Page 2
mostly repeat links and no longer availble links

Page 3
Darkanx's website

page4

supplement by icemaster109

Darkanx preview and download links
player sheets by darkanx
gm sheets by darkanx

i hope this helps all of you as it has me

EDIT 1-16-06 I've collected all the live links from throughout the thread here in the first post for easy reference.

..Alright, alright, it's not all of them; I still haven't finished my Rifts versions of the Legal and Letter sheets, but when I do I'll update the links. Mean time, here they all are:

REVISED Official Sheets

Legal Character Sheets

Letter Character Sheets

Megaverse Character Sheets

2.5x5 Minion cards

Cutting Room Floor Character Sheets*

*The Rifts pages and Palladium Fantasy Pages are all mine. The rest are not.

..Character sheets by others:

eterna2's 5page sheet

Cheese's friends .doc character sheets

demos606's .wpd & 8 page Splicers.pdf

Zanrain's 4 page .pdf

Sun Phoenix's Item Location.pdf

Wolf_Starbuck's 7 page FILLABLE .pdf

Shorty Lickens' excel Sheet

-Mike >8]
Last edited by MADMANMIKE on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:49 am, edited 6 times in total.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

*bumps because its a useful post*

--
GS
:bandit:
Sun Phoenix
D-Bee

Unread post by Sun Phoenix »

I made this a few years ago, still kinda useful i think. Anybody play Castle of the winds?

Item Location Sheet
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

:lol:

I'm sorry I just find it funny you all spent your time doing this. just use a blank sheet of collage ruled paper.

don't get me wrong if you enjoy doing it that's reason right there I've just found those sheets to be more trouble than they're worth.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
MADMANMIKE

Sun Phoenix wrote:I made this a few years ago, still kinda useful i think. Anybody play Castle of the winds?

Item Location Sheet

..Not familiar with it myself. Sheet looks good, although the link doesn't seem to work for me; had to cut it down and follow the path through your site.

..Nekira, were you not raised amongst civilized people? Or is this lashing out for my post on your thread in Sound Off?

..I'm not taking offence, but you should learn some tact.

..As to reasons to do it, adding order to the chaos of the universe is a good thing, and the several hundred dollars Palladium Books paid me for my old designs was a good reason too.

..The more I read your posts, the more I think you have Asperger's Syndrome too.

-Mike >8]
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

MADMANMIKE wrote:
Sun Phoenix wrote:I made this a few years ago, still kinda useful i think. Anybody play Castle of the winds?

Item Location Sheet

..Not familiar with it myself. Sheet looks good, although the link doesn't seem to work for me; had to cut it down and follow the path through your site.

..Nekira, were you not raised amongst civilized people? Or is this lashing out for my post on your thread in Sound Off?

..I'm not taking offence, but you should learn some tact.

..As to reasons to do it, adding order to the chaos of the universe is a good thing, and the several hundred dollars Palladium Books paid me for my old designs was a good reason too.

..The more I read your posts, the more I think you have Asperger's Syndrome too.

-Mike >8]

no, I'm not mad. I don't even know what post in sound off your refering too. I don't hold grudes.

I was just saying I find it humous that people bother with organised character sheets because the concept is so alien to me. I've never used one and never saw a need.

it's not BAD. as I said, if you LIKE doing so that alone is all the justification you need. do so and with my blessings :)

it's funny because I personally find it uncessesary, not that it is in any way or shape wrong or incorrect, mearly differeant than my style

that is the only point I was trying to make.

oh and one more thing. . .

what's Asperger's Syndrome :?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

ok, I just ran a google on it to find out what that syndrom is, and that DOES discribe me almost perfectly :shock:

MADMANMIKE

..Commonly misdiagnosed as schizophrenia, bi-polar/manic-depressive, obsessive compulsive. Also noted for exhibiting a marked lack of concern for the potential emotional impact of one's actions on others.

..It takes many years of practice to behave in a way that is considered "normal", and even then, people who get beyond a few hours of one's presence begin to see the quirkiness.

..Also standard issue Autistic symptoms including higher intelligence, greater math skills and a necessity for repetition on some level or another.

..So join the club. There are several closet Asperger's Syndrome carriers here, the only open ones are myself and the more extreme example, CyberPaladin85.

-Mike >8]
MADMANMIKE

forvalaka wrote:Does anyone have a good NPC sheet for quick reference? I used to have one pagers that I could possibly dig up and revise. The recipe cards work well, but it would be handy to have something bigger so that more information can be written down. Also a sheet that can handle multiple NPCs (like a dog pack or Coalition squad, with quick statistics for a leader and grunts) would be extremely handy as well.

forvalaka

..I have some 2.5 by 5 cards I designed for Minions. If you use my minion rules (in my sig) you can generate the stats pretty quick; Here's the worksheet...

..C'mon guys, I know there're more character sheet designs out there, start posting them!

-Mike >8]
MADMANMIKE

..Oh, and on the Cutting Room Floor, under Character Sheets, Under Rifts, The Game Master Experience Log (Back) is for NPC quick stats.

-Mike >8]
MADMANMIKE

..Hey, ancient doesn't necessarily mean bad; the Official Rifts Character Sheets were done with PageMaker 5.0 on a Mac IIci, with a blazing 25MHz processor and a whopping 16MB of ram. Watching the page load when I changed magnification was dreadful, like 30 seconds each time.

..The Palladium Fantasy sheets were done with the same, but the OCC titles on them were imported from TypeStyle. That's the original, which came on two 800k disks, and actually had a registration setup that was written to the discs so you can't copy the program from them after you've registered it on disk; you could copy it and then register it on your comp, although when it came out most people were still doing the floppy-disk-shuffle whenever they switched apps, as an 80MB hard drive cost several hundred dollars....

-Mike >8]
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

Hoorah!!! Nice stuff! I've used (and still do) the character sheets Mad has created. I'm always on the lookout for "spiffyer" character sheets. Thanks yo...
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Zanrain wrote:You can open an Acrobat file using Photoshop. It might do some strange things however. Mine came up with a transparent background, but that's easy enough to fix.

photoshop. . .?

MADMANMIKE

..That depends on your version of PhotoShop. I only have 5.0LE, and it won't do it.

..They are all designed in PageMaker 6.5, which is where I do my typing on them. I don't have a full version of Acrobat, if I did, I'd make them type on documents. Sorry. If anyone has the time and the inkling, along with PageMaker, I'll send them the originals to make them type on .pdf's....

-Mike <8]
MADMANMIKE

Septicrazor wrote:Got it to work with photo shop 7, it was a bit tedious making a seperate layer for every new entry but it came out looking okay. It seems a bit out of focus compared to the plain sheet opened in reader, not sure what the deal is.

SR

..In PageMaker I take the character sheet design and place it on the Master pages; then I can just create a text box over each line and type away. Layering would be such a total hassle, and make the doc huge...

..Somebody once sent me a character sheet that was done in Acrobat so you could just type in the fields, but I can't remember who it was...

-Mike <8[
MADMANMIKE

Lynx8882 wrote:Just curious Mike what do you have for ATB sheets? anything ?

Lynx

..there's a version of the revised Rifts Character Sheet in that link with a bio-E section on it, but I haven't yet gotten to designing it in my letter and legal style. I think Systems Failure, Chaos Earth and Ninjas & Superspies need their own as well. Maybe Phase World too...

..Unfortunately I'm going through a rough time at work right now, so it's all I can do to prepare for my weekly games and try to sleep four hours a night...

-Mike <8[
MADMANMIKE

Rifter_Richeta wrote:Mike....your Megaverse Character Sheet is weird.

I don't currently have a color cartridge in my
inkjet printer....and didn't think I'd have to since
the shoot looks like black and white and grayscale
to me....

But when I tried to print it......crap.

None of the shading printed. Only "some" of the
text.

What up wit dat, yo?!

:P

..Most inkjet printers actually use the color cartridge to do grayscale.. I discovered this with my DeskJet 812C some time ago. That bites...

-Mike <8[
Dave the dragon
Explorer

Unread post by Dave the dragon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:ok, I just ran a google on it to find out what that syndrom is, and that DOES discribe me almost perfectly :shock:

At the risk of spoiling your "specialness", that description descibes 90% of the gamers I know. Add in light sensitivity (from never being outside) and you have what i call "Gamers disease". :)
"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous ****** in the jungle."
MADMANMIKE

Dave the dragon wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:ok, I just ran a google on it to find out what that syndrom is, and that DOES discribe me almost perfectly :shock:

At the risk of spoiling your "specialness", that description descibes 90% of the gamers I know. Add in light sensitivity (from never being outside) and you have what i call "Gamers disease". :)

..It goes alot deeper than social ineptness, although the nature of the advanced mathematical ability leads most with Asperger's to being gamers.

..Think of it like this. If there was a club for people who could fly, don't you think the people who could do so naturally would be likely to join? Fan Boys generally are just socially inept, as Asperger's depth of analytical thought forces the person with Asperger's Syndrome to see the foolishness behind being a fan boy.

-Mike >8]
GundamChief
Wanderer
Comment: It's a Gundam! *Boom!* ~ Every enemy soldier ever.

Unread post by GundamChief »

good sheets, helps save time to write (though I think mine are okay!)

I think it is just stupid, why be a fan when you can just do it.

I joined these boards so that I can talk about the games with other people who also play and learn more. I often find myself however unable to join in a conversation (or in this case a post) not so much that I don't know what they are talking about or don't have the knowlage but because I don't want to make myself feel stupid by saying something that has nothing to do with the subject. Most of my posts I have made, I've learned for some reason end threads. example: a conversation made in the rifts section about robots or something, it goes on and has 89 posts, suddenly I post and it ends right there.

Okay it's apparent that I have A.S. (Practical anouncment)

and I'll just stop here. :-x :frust:
"Your tricks are no match for Gundams immense power"-Amuro Rei
MADMANMIKE

GundamChief wrote:good sheets, helps save time to write (though I think mine are okay!)

I think it is just stupid, why be a fan when you can just do it.

I joined these boards so that I can talk about the games with other people who also play and learn more. I often find myself however unable to join in a conversation (or in this case a post) not so much that I don't know what they are talking about or don't have the knowlage but because I don't want to make myself feel stupid by saying something that has nothing to do with the subject. Most of my posts I have made, I've learned for some reason end threads. example: a conversation made in the rifts section about robots or something, it goes on and has 89 posts, suddenly I post and it ends right there.

Okay it's apparent that I have A.S. (Practical anouncment)

and I'll just stop here. :-x :frust:

..Don't feel too bad, it happens to me all the time. I've killed alot of threads myself.

..The difficult thing is to say what's on your mind anyway, regardless of the likely outcome. But force yourself to do it, as sometimes people will surprise you with their responses; that is, just because we know alot, doesn't mean we know everything.

-Mike <8]
"Veritable Fountain of Worthless Information"
MADMANMIKE

..That's pretty cool..

..The reason nobody has included a skill list in the past is because Palladium has expressly forbid the creation of any skills lists..

-Mike <8[
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

Zanrain wrote:Oops! :(
This is unoffical though right?

I sure as heck hope so...your character sheets rock as well... :ok:

All these great improvements to character sheets should be posted in the back of a Rifter...or at least post the link.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Asperger's Syndrome ??? Hmmm sounds interesting.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
MADMANMIKE

The Deific NMI wrote:Asperger's Syndrome ??? Hmmm sounds interesting.

..Wired Magazine Article

..Autism-Spectrum Quotient Test

-Mike >8]

Unread post by Guest »

wow...such a long thread for a simple subject... *eyes hurt from reading* But anyways, i enjoyed revised character sheets, though it's gonna but a damper on my printer. :fl:
Hallsofvallhalla
D-Bee

Unread post by Hallsofvallhalla »

i love mike :?
MADMANMIKE

Hallsofvallhalla wrote:i love mike :?

..Yeah, welll....er... uhh... I like you too, G..... :oops:

:lol: :D

-Mike >8]
Fargoth

Unread post by Fargoth »

Well it appears that creating new character or GM management sheets is OK in most cases dependant on the information on the sheets. Earlier someone voiced an opinion that some of the sheets seemed too small and busy. I agree with that sentiment which is why I’m designing my own NPC cards. I would like to submit the front side of the card for group review, but before I do that I’d like to ensure that this is legal and encouraged by the powers that be.

If my endeavor continues I would like to solicit ideas and critiques from this group to better the NPC cards. I will also be putting the final version of the cards into Adobe Fillable format.

Regards,
Paul
www.fargoth.com
MADMANMIKE

MADMANMIKE wrote:
forvalaka wrote:Does anyone have a good NPC sheet for quick reference?

..I have some 2.5 by 5 cards I designed for Minions. If you use my minion rules (in my sig) you can generate the stats pretty quick; Here's the worksheet...

..C'mon guys, I know there're more character sheet designs out there, start posting them!

-Mike >8]
Wolf_Starbuck
D-Bee

Character Sheet

Unread post by Wolf_Starbuck »

I have my character sheet as part of my sig - it is set up as a form document, so you can fill it in directly from Adobe Acrobat, and print it out! Hope you guys like it!
"Come on guys! Let's go save the helpless dragon from the evil princess!"

Wolf_Starbuck's Rifts Character Sheet
Wolf_Starbuck
D-Bee

Me too...

Unread post by Wolf_Starbuck »

Hallsofvallhalla wrote:i love mike :?

Ya.. Mike's cool!
"Come on guys! Let's go save the helpless dragon from the evil princess!"

Wolf_Starbuck's Rifts Character Sheet
eterna2

Unread post by eterna2 »

Rifts Character Sheet (381kb)

Here is my custom Rifts charactersheet :)
MADMANMIKE

eterna2 wrote:Rifts Character Sheet (381kb)

Here is my custom Rifts charactersheet :)

..I like it!

-Mike >8]
eterna2

Unread post by eterna2 »

MADMANMIKE

strykr wrote:
forvalaka wrote:Does anyone have a good NPC sheet for quick reference? I used to have one pagers that I could possibly dig up and revise. The recipe cards work well, but it would be handy to have something bigger so that more information can be written down. Also a sheet that can handle multiple NPCs (like a dog pack or Coalition squad, with quick statistics for a leader and grunts) would be extremely handy as well.forvalaka

This should work for you, too. I made these today from a template I use in my Palladium RPG games. But they could be customized for some quick play.

After filling the data I want I put a couple of printouts in a sheet protector and use a dry erase marker for quick notes. (ie, damage, ppe used, extra equipment or whatever I need for a spot change).

Let me know what you think! :)

http://www.ontera.net/~strykr/rpg_stuff/npc_sheets.pdf

..Nice, I like it. Short and sweet, to the point. Only thing I might change is the leading; it's a little tight. Maybe reducing the font size while leaving the leading as is would do it...

-Mike >8]
MADMANMIKE

evilgeek wrote:you know, I know a guy that is currently being treated for asperger's syndrome... he plays in some guys White Wolf game at the local U. Boy, is that kid high strung. Anyone can usually tell he's got something wrong with him within a few minutes of being around him.

..It's difficult to overcome without the right experiences/resources. I had several severe trauma's both as a child (houses burning down, molestation, moving away from friends, abused at school) and as a teen (moved away from friends, pigeon-holed in remedial classes, first love disappeared, second killed by drunk driver). Coming to terms with all of these things made the other problems easier.

..If he's had a sheltered life, which is probable considering, than he hasn't had the tools to become more normal. I think the internet allows a person's development to languish as well, so he may never get there...

-Mike <8[
Display-Name-Alpha
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Display-Name-Alpha »

My Character Sheets

I take no credit for the creation of these... my friend Zach did.
MADMANMIKE

..Still haven't done ATB; I have it, and would like to do one that is more specific for it, but just haven't had the time. I have a weekly rl game, and two online games that have been terribly neglected. Likewise, I have a new route at work and haven't yet gotten my hours down below 60. In fact, in the first two weeks on the route I worked over 150 hours.

..But slowly I am getting my ducks in a row and will be getting around to it.

..Splicers, I don't have yet, so I can't project a date for that one. I do have Chaos Earth, but haven't gotten to that one either. That leaves BTS and Systems Failure, both on the list as well....

-Mike <8]
MADMANMIKE

..My boss did a ride-along with me last week on Wednesday. Basically added about two hours to my day, not including the wasted hour and half taking a lunch break.

..I drive a Frito-Lay truck and deliver and stock chips in three average sized grocery stores (one once, the other two five times a week), the high school cafeteria (twice a week), two shops at the Vo-Tech (twice a week), a Family Dollar, Big Lots and eight convenience stores. Two of those get hit three times a week, and one gets twice, so I have quite a few stops.

..It's a one man job. It doesn't require dedication so much as tenacity.

..If I don't work 55 hours in a week I feel like I'm on vacation.

-Mike >8]
vsper
Wanderer

Unread post by vsper »

Serial Experiments Cheese wrote:My Character Sheets

Cool non-pdf sheets thanks
vsper
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

My early Word Perfect Splicers sheet, I'm still working out a few.... issues with pdf and word. I'll get em posted soon as I tame the blasted text boxes.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-splicers
Tyran Lockheed

Unread post by Tyran Lockheed »

In response to evilgeek's comments about a VB character generator, I'm currently working on a slightly related project. It's not a character generator, per se (although it could eventually evolve into one), but it's a web-based GM tool to help keep track of characters/character sheets once the character has been created. The characters are stored in an online database, and there are a variety of web pages available for GM's to use to keep track of and modify characters. (Things like click 'single shot' under a character to decrement their ammo by one ... I hate keeping track of ammo via individual character sheets!)

Currently, I've just created the fields, and the GM/player has to fill them in (so that I'm not publishing any sort of Palladium copyrighted material) ... but like someone mentioned above, I'd also be interested in chatting with one of the powers that be to determine exactly what we are and aren't allowed to do while developing tools for the online community of Palladium gamers.

Once I've got the rest of bugs out (and I'm just starting the beta test phase with our PBeM group), I'll be opening it up to the public and posting here for some more guinea pigs/beta testers/feedback providers.

-Tyran Lockheed
Ivy and Chrome PBeM
Display-Name-Alpha
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Display-Name-Alpha »

vsper wrote:
Serial Experiments Cheese wrote:My Character Sheets

Cool non-pdf sheets thanks
vsper

no problem.
MADMANMIKE

Re: Character Sheets

BRASS wrote:The thing I find with those PDF character sheets listed is that the spaces between the lines are too small. You end up writing so small that unless you have a fine pen you can't make out what you've written when you need to find it quickly in a game.

I'd rather see a character sheet fit onto one page. I hate having to flip over when I'm playing.

..Soo.... You want less on the sheet but you want it all on one page?

:-? :? :-(

-Mike
Entiago
Adventurer

Re: Character Sheets

Unread post by Entiago »

BRASS wrote:The thing I find with those PDF character sheets listed is that the spaces between the lines are too small. You end up writing so small that unless you have a fine pen you can't make out what you've written when you need to find it quickly in a game.

I'd rather see a character sheet fit onto one page. I hate having to flip over when I'm playing.

bah, write smaller.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I find that with a .05 MM lead mechanical pencil, I can write down any information on any of the official sheets, regardless of format and line size.
I myself perfer a double sided sheet, no more than three sided, as it gets to be a logistics nightmare when running many characters at once.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

3 sided :erm:
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

I know what a 3 sided dice is, its the referernce to a 3 sided char. sheet by Sentinel that prompted the response.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Actually after reflecting I knew what he meant but for a moment I had this image of a triangular character sheet that just didn't make any sense.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”