Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:49 am

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: The Emolancer
EDIT 12-11-15 Okay, I don't spend much time around these boards anymore, so I haven't been keeping an eye on this thread. The truth is, you can just as easily do a google search and find what you want as dig through this thread.

My current character sheet designs are linked in my sig. If you're so inclined, I'd suggest starting at the end of this thread and working your way backwards through the posts for other designs, as the links are more likely to still be good.

I'm pretty much always open for commissions, so if anyone wants me to make a design fillable, drop me a note on my DeviantArt page.

EDIT 4-2-11 Thanks to CoalitionMerc for finding the working links, his post repeated here:

CoalitionMerc wrote:
didnt notice this thread was sticked so here is the links that work:

from page 1
cutting room floor
Cheese's friends .doc character sheets
demos606's .wpd & 8 page Splicers.pdf
Wolf_Starbuck's 7 page FILLABLE .pdf
The Game Master Experience Log (Back)

Page 2
mostly repeat links and no longer availble links

Page 3
Darkanx's website

page4

supplement by icemaster109

Darkanx preview and download links
player sheets by darkanx
gm sheets by darkanx

i hope this helps all of you as it has me

EDIT 1-16-06 I've collected all the live links from throughout the thread here in the first post for easy reference.

..Alright, alright, it's not all of them; I still haven't finished my Rifts versions of the Legal and Letter sheets, but when I do I'll update the links. Mean time, here they all are:

REVISED Official Sheets

Legal Character Sheets

Letter Character Sheets

Megaverse Character Sheets

2.5x5 Minion cards

Cutting Room Floor Character Sheets*

*The Rifts pages and Palladium Fantasy Pages are all mine. The rest are not.

..Character sheets by others:

eterna2's 5page sheet

Cheese's friends .doc character sheets

demos606's .wpd & 8 page Splicers.pdf

Zanrain's 4 page .pdf

Sun Phoenix's Item Location.pdf

Wolf_Starbuck's 7 page FILLABLE .pdf

Shorty Lickens' excel Sheet

-Mike >8]

Last edited by MADMANMIKE on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:49 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:17 pm

Hero

*bumps because its a useful post*

--
GS
:bandit:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:51 pm

Wanderer

Okay here's mine.

http://homepage.mac.com/tmann1/charactersheet/csheet.html

If I happened to miss anything I included a notes section to fill in the blanks. The magic spells page is designed to be generic so you can print/xerox as many as you need.
Note. This is a work in progress. I plan to add more sheets at a later date. Plans include an insanity page and a powered armor page.
Any ideas?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:41 am

Palladin

nice work! although the font in the Megaversal one are kinda funky.

<downloading as I type....>

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:51 am

D-Bee

I made this a few years ago, still kinda useful i think. Anybody play Castle of the winds?

Item Location Sheet

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:52 pm

Monk

Comment: The Munchkin Fairy
:lol:

I'm sorry I just find it funny you all spent your time doing this. just use a blank sheet of collage ruled paper.

don't get me wrong if you enjoy doing it that's reason right there I've just found those sheets to be more trouble than they're worth.

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:24 pm

Sun Phoenix wrote:
I made this a few years ago, still kinda useful i think. Anybody play Castle of the winds?

Item Location Sheet

..Not familiar with it myself. Sheet looks good, although the link doesn't seem to work for me; had to cut it down and follow the path through your site.

..Nekira, were you not raised amongst civilized people? Or is this lashing out for my post on your thread in Sound Off?

..I'm not taking offence, but you should learn some tact.

..As to reasons to do it, adding order to the chaos of the universe is a good thing, and the several hundred dollars Palladium Books paid me for my old designs was a good reason too.

..The more I read your posts, the more I think you have Asperger's Syndrome too.

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:17 pm

Monk

MADMANMIKE wrote:
Sun Phoenix wrote:

Item Location Sheet

..Not familiar with it myself. Sheet looks good, although the link doesn't seem to work for me; had to cut it down and follow the path through your site.

..Nekira, were you not raised amongst civilized people? Or is this lashing out for my post on your thread in Sound Off?

..I'm not taking offence, but you should learn some tact.

..As to reasons to do it, adding order to the chaos of the universe is a good thing, and the several hundred dollars Palladium Books paid me for my old designs was a good reason too.

..The more I read your posts, the more I think you have Asperger's Syndrome too.

-Mike >8]

no, I'm not mad. I don't even know what post in sound off your refering too. I don't hold grudes.

I was just saying I find it humous that people bother with organised character sheets because the concept is so alien to me. I've never used one and never saw a need.

it's not BAD. as I said, if you LIKE doing so that alone is all the justification you need. do so and with my blessings :)

it's funny because I personally find it uncessesary, not that it is in any way or shape wrong or incorrect, mearly differeant than my style

that is the only point I was trying to make.

oh and one more thing. . .

what's Asperger's Syndrome :?

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:19 pm

Monk

ok, I just ran a google on it to find out what that syndrom is, and that DOES discribe me almost perfectly :shock:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:44 pm

..Commonly misdiagnosed as schizophrenia, bi-polar/manic-depressive, obsessive compulsive. Also noted for exhibiting a marked lack of concern for the potential emotional impact of one's actions on others.

..It takes many years of practice to behave in a way that is considered "normal", and even then, people who get beyond a few hours of one's presence begin to see the quirkiness.

..Also standard issue Autistic symptoms including higher intelligence, greater math skills and a necessity for repetition on some level or another.

..So join the club. There are several closet Asperger's Syndrome carriers here, the only open ones are myself and the more extreme example, CyberPaladin85.

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:16 pm

Hero

Thanks Madmanmike :ok:

Lynx

Sentinel wrote:
I'm tired of being mature all the time.
I want to be a small, petty, spiteful bitter man, just once.
Marrowlight wrote:
I'm really impressed and officially dub you 10 Limited Edition Marrow Points.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:16 pm

D-Bee

Does anyone have a good NPC sheet for quick reference? I used to have one pagers that I could possibly dig up and revise. The recipe cards work well, but it would be handy to have something bigger so that more information can be written down. Also a sheet that can handle multiple NPCs (like a dog pack or Coalition squad, with quick statistics for a leader and grunts) would be extremely handy as well.

forvalaka

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:32 am

forvalaka wrote:
Does anyone have a good NPC sheet for quick reference? I used to have one pagers that I could possibly dig up and revise. The recipe cards work well, but it would be handy to have something bigger so that more information can be written down. Also a sheet that can handle multiple NPCs (like a dog pack or Coalition squad, with quick statistics for a leader and grunts) would be extremely handy as well.

forvalaka

..I have some 2.5 by 5 cards I designed for Minions. If you use my minion rules (in my sig) you can generate the stats pretty quick; Here's the worksheet...

..C'mon guys, I know there're more character sheet designs out there, start posting them!

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:40 am

..Oh, and on the Cutting Room Floor, under Character Sheets, Under Rifts, The Game Master Experience Log (Back) is for NPC quick stats.

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:12 pm

D-Bee

Thanks a bunch, Mike! I had downloaded the sheet, but haven't put it into play yet, utilizing notebook paper, 3x5 cards and a sheet created from a word processor. An ancient word processor. I should just get around to converting the sheet to a .txt file. Anyway, thank you again.

Steve

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:49 pm

D-Bee

Just wanted to say that is some great work on those sheets. Thanks again.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:29 pm

..Hey, ancient doesn't necessarily mean bad; the Official Rifts Character Sheets were done with PageMaker 5.0 on a Mac IIci, with a blazing 25MHz processor and a whopping 16MB of ram. Watching the page load when I changed magnification was dreadful, like 30 seconds each time.

..The Palladium Fantasy sheets were done with the same, but the OCC titles on them were imported from TypeStyle. That's the original, which came on two 800k disks, and actually had a registration setup that was written to the discs so you can't copy the program from them after you've registered it on disk; you could copy it and then register it on your comp, although when it came out most people were still doing the floppy-disk-shuffle whenever they switched apps, as an 80MB hard drive cost several hundred dollars....

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:33 pm

Adventurer

Hoorah!!! Nice stuff! I've used (and still do) the character sheets Mad has created. I'm always on the lookout for "spiffyer" character sheets. Thanks yo...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:08 am

Explorer

Does anyone have a character sheet you can type on? Man that would speed things up. I know they exist for other games, just havnt seen them for Rifts yet. Maybe you can type on the abobe sheets and I just dont know what Im doing? If thats the case then some help would be aperciated. Thanks.

SR

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:01 pm

Wanderer

You can open an Acrobat file using Photoshop. It might do some strange things however. Mine came up with a transparent background, but that's easy enough to fix.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:22 pm

Monk

Zanrain wrote:
You can open an Acrobat file using Photoshop. It might do some strange things however. Mine came up with a transparent background, but that's easy enough to fix.

photoshop. . .?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:32 pm

..That depends on your version of PhotoShop. I only have 5.0LE, and it won't do it.

..They are all designed in PageMaker 6.5, which is where I do my typing on them. I don't have a full version of Acrobat, if I did, I'd make them type on documents. Sorry. If anyone has the time and the inkling, along with PageMaker, I'll send them the originals to make them type on .pdf's....

-Mike <8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:44 pm

Explorer

Ordinarily its no problem, but I just started a campaign with five people new to the system, and every one of them wanted me to make their characters. That was a lot of writing...hehe, was just looking for a typing friendly sheet to aid my aching fingers. Love the sheets, I ended up using the Megaverse sheet for everyone, liked the flow. Keep up the good work.

SR

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:55 am

Dungeon Crawler

Mike....your Megaverse Character Sheet is weird.

I don't currently have a color cartridge in my
inkjet printer....and didn't think I'd have to since
the shoot looks like black and white and grayscale
to me....

But when I tried to print it......crap.

None of the shading printed. Only "some" of the
text.

What up wit dat, yo?!

:P

Sig by Charles Agopsowicz of http://www.electrisdesign.com/

Still Nova's Arch-Nemesis :-p

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:16 am

Explorer

Got it to work with photo shop 7, it was a bit tedious making a seperate layer for every new entry but it came out looking okay. It seems a bit out of focus compared to the plain sheet opened in reader, not sure what the deal is.

SR

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:57 am

Septicrazor wrote:
Got it to work with photo shop 7, it was a bit tedious making a seperate layer for every new entry but it came out looking okay. It seems a bit out of focus compared to the plain sheet opened in reader, not sure what the deal is.

SR

..In PageMaker I take the character sheet design and place it on the Master pages; then I can just create a text box over each line and type away. Layering would be such a total hassle, and make the doc huge...

..Somebody once sent me a character sheet that was done in Acrobat so you could just type in the fields, but I can't remember who it was...

-Mike <8[

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:03 pm

Hero

Just curious Mike what do you have for ATB sheets? anything ?

Lynx

Sentinel wrote:
I'm tired of being mature all the time.
I want to be a small, petty, spiteful bitter man, just once.
Marrowlight wrote:
I'm really impressed and officially dub you 10 Limited Edition Marrow Points.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:40 pm

Lynx8882 wrote:
Just curious Mike what do you have for ATB sheets? anything ?

Lynx

..there's a version of the revised Rifts Character Sheet in that link with a bio-E section on it, but I haven't yet gotten to designing it in my letter and legal style. I think Systems Failure, Chaos Earth and Ninjas & Superspies need their own as well. Maybe Phase World too...

..Unfortunately I'm going through a rough time at work right now, so it's all I can do to prepare for my weekly games and try to sleep four hours a night...

-Mike <8[

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:41 pm

Rifter_Richeta wrote:
Mike....your Megaverse Character Sheet is weird.

I don't currently have a color cartridge in my
inkjet printer....and didn't think I'd have to since
the shoot looks like black and white and grayscale
to me....

But when I tried to print it......crap.

None of the shading printed. Only "some" of the
text.

What up wit dat, yo?!

:P

..Most inkjet printers actually use the color cartridge to do grayscale.. I discovered this with my DeskJet 812C some time ago. That bites...

-Mike <8[

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:12 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
ok, I just ran a google on it to find out what that syndrom is, and that DOES discribe me almost perfectly :shock:

At the risk of spoiling your "specialness", that description descibes 90% of the gamers I know. Add in light sensitivity (from never being outside) and you have what i call "Gamers disease". :)

"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous ****** in the jungle."

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:22 am

Dave the dragon wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

At the risk of spoiling your "specialness", that description descibes 90% of the gamers I know. Add in light sensitivity (from never being outside) and you have what i call "Gamers disease". :)

..It goes alot deeper than social ineptness, although the nature of the advanced mathematical ability leads most with Asperger's to being gamers.

..Think of it like this. If there was a club for people who could fly, don't you think the people who could do so naturally would be likely to join? Fan Boys generally are just socially inept, as Asperger's depth of analytical thought forces the person with Asperger's Syndrome to see the foolishness behind being a fan boy.

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:52 am

Wanderer

Comment: It's a Gundam! *Boom!* ~ Every enemy soldier ever.
good sheets, helps save time to write (though I think mine are okay!)

I think it is just stupid, why be a fan when you can just do it.

I joined these boards so that I can talk about the games with other people who also play and learn more. I often find myself however unable to join in a conversation (or in this case a post) not so much that I don't know what they are talking about or don't have the knowlage but because I don't want to make myself feel stupid by saying something that has nothing to do with the subject. Most of my posts I have made, I've learned for some reason end threads. example: a conversation made in the rifts section about robots or something, it goes on and has 89 posts, suddenly I post and it ends right there.

Okay it's apparent that I have A.S. (Practical anouncment)

and I'll just stop here. :-x :frust:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:12 pm

GundamChief wrote:
good sheets, helps save time to write (though I think mine are okay!)

I think it is just stupid, why be a fan when you can just do it.

I joined these boards so that I can talk about the games with other people who also play and learn more. I often find myself however unable to join in a conversation (or in this case a post) not so much that I don't know what they are talking about or don't have the knowlage but because I don't want to make myself feel stupid by saying something that has nothing to do with the subject. Most of my posts I have made, I've learned for some reason end threads. example: a conversation made in the rifts section about robots or something, it goes on and has 89 posts, suddenly I post and it ends right there.

Okay it's apparent that I have A.S. (Practical anouncment)

and I'll just stop here. :-x :frust:

..Don't feel too bad, it happens to me all the time. I've killed alot of threads myself.

..The difficult thing is to say what's on your mind anyway, regardless of the likely outcome. But force yourself to do it, as sometimes people will surprise you with their responses; that is, just because we know alot, doesn't mean we know everything.

-Mike <8]
"Veritable Fountain of Worthless Information"

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:41 pm

Wanderer

Okay, my character sheets have been revised... again. :rolleyes:
I know I’ve done this allot but I really think I’ve got it this time.
First and foremost I have completely redesigned them. The new layout is so simple and efficient that it’s a wonder that no RPG uses it. I turned it on it’s side and made a horizontal sheet. That was the only way I could fit all the skills. After the skills page, I realized what a cool layout it made and on top of that one that had never been done (to the best of my knowledge).
Speaking of skills that is the other main bonus to my sheets, a skills page. Now I know I’m not alone when I say that writhing down all the skills is a long and painful process. Well, am I right or am I right? Anyway, I have fixed that problem once and for all by putting my self through a special kind of hell. I typed out EVERY, SINGLE, SKILL, with their percent per level; a line for the total; black and white backs so its easier to find what your looking for and check boxes to mark which one’s yours. All in all a process with ten times agony of writhing down the skills of one character.

“Pant, pant, pant.”

You guys better appreciate this.

I apologize that I was unable to condense this down to two sheets but that would involve shrinking the boxes and text making it harder to read. With all due respect to MADMANMIKE that’s the issue I have with your sheets.

So here it is, the fruits of my labor. I know, same link.
http://homepage.mac.com/tmann1/charactersheet/csheet.html

By the way, I’m not done. Further projects will include

Optional: Insanity page.
Optional: Vehicle / Powered Armor page
And condensed sheets for expendable and semi expendable NPCs.

Last edited by Zanrain on Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:08 am

..That's pretty cool..

..The reason nobody has included a skill list in the past is because Palladium has expressly forbid the creation of any skills lists..

-Mike <8[

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:02 am

Wanderer

Oops! :(
This is unoffical though right?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:48 am

Adventurer

Zanrain wrote:
Oops! :(
This is unoffical though right?

I sure as heck hope so...your character sheets rock as well... :ok:

All these great improvements to character sheets should be posted in the back of a Rifter...or at least post the link.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:01 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
Asperger's Syndrome ??? Hmmm sounds interesting.

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:11 pm

The Deific NMI wrote:
Asperger's Syndrome ??? Hmmm sounds interesting.

..Wired Magazine Article

..Autism-Spectrum Quotient Test

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:21 pm

Explorer

Location: Illinois danvile that little blue dot from Rifts RPG
anyone still ahve a link to that insane 5-page sheet WolfsStarbuck made like a year ago?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:24 am

wow...such a long thread for a simple subject... *eyes hurt from reading* But anyways, i enjoyed revised character sheets, though it's gonna but a damper on my printer. :fl:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:29 pm

Dungeon Crawler

As a person with a visual disability, the main problem I've always had with character sheets was everything was so friggin' TINY - Mike, you've got tons of info on those sheets, but geez, even my gamer bud's with average vision won't use them as they are too difficult to read, write on, and play with. They are complete and cool, don't get me wrong, but why does everyone use such tiny font for character sheets?

I've gotten to the point that I have to make my own PC sheets for every game I play in. My RIFTS (well, I guess they would be "Megaverse" ) sheets are about 8 pages long for an average character. I also type in all relevent info for psionics, spells, etc. Sure takes less time than looking through a dozen books when we need to know something.

Anyway, if I can figure out how to convert my sheet to a .pdf file I'll post it here for people to peruse.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:09 am

Wanderer

Well I use a laptop for all my games. I ended up creating an excel spread sheet for all my char's after seeing a friend do the same thing. since then life has been much easier when needing to find something on my sheet.

Stats and basic info on the main page, after that i have a page for magic, psy's, specials abilities, hand to hand, money, vehicle, possessions, treasure found (i am the note taker for the group), skills (that are modified when the level changes on the main page), exp chart, ect... when i need a new sheet or to make mods to a sheet it is much less hassle.

I don't know if excel sheets are something allowed on here so i will not be posting it.

Never be led astray onto the path of virtue. anon

"All my friends and I are crazy. That's the only thing that keeps us
sane."

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:03 pm

Wanderer

i love mike :?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:25 am

Hallsofvallhalla wrote:

..Yeah, welll....er... uhh... I like you too, G..... :oops:

:lol: :D

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:09 am

Well it appears that creating new character or GM management sheets is OK in most cases dependant on the information on the sheets. Earlier someone voiced an opinion that some of the sheets seemed too small and busy. I agree with that sentiment which is why I’m designing my own NPC cards. I would like to submit the front side of the card for group review, but before I do that I’d like to ensure that this is legal and encouraged by the powers that be.

If my endeavor continues I would like to solicit ideas and critiques from this group to better the NPC cards. I will also be putting the final version of the cards into Adobe Fillable format.

Regards,
Paul
www.fargoth.com

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:32 pm

Explorer

Would one of the "powers-that-be" please chime in to let us know whether this sort of thing is allowed or not? I for one am interested in seeing something like this. I've tried a few of my own design but didn't come up with anything I liked.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:32 am

MADMANMIKE wrote:
forvalaka wrote:
Does anyone have a good NPC sheet for quick reference?

..I have some 2.5 by 5 cards I designed for Minions. If you use my minion rules (in my sig) you can generate the stats pretty quick; Here's the worksheet...

..C'mon guys, I know there're more character sheet designs out there, start posting them!

-Mike >8]

Post subject: Character Sheet
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:14 pm

D-Bee

I have my character sheet as part of my sig - it is set up as a form document, so you can fill it in directly from Adobe Acrobat, and print it out! Hope you guys like it!

Wolf_Starbuck's Rifts Character Sheet

Post subject: Me too...
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:26 pm

D-Bee

Hallsofvallhalla wrote:

Ya.. Mike's cool!

Wolf_Starbuck's Rifts Character Sheet