Upgrading Abmechanoids?

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Upgrading Abmechanoids?

Unread post by taalismn »

Aberrant Mechanoids get a lot of mileage in my worlds, but I was wondering....Can AbMs(old style body frames) such as the Brain or Runner upgrade themselves with additional cybernetics/bionics, such as tentacle appendages or add-on weapons/tools, or are they so balanced in terms of bionics/organics that such additions would cut into their innate psionic abilities(forcing mechanical enhancements to take the form of plugging into a larger vehicle, rather than adding to their own bodies)?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Dragon Mage
Explorer

Unread post by Dragon Mage »

I would say they can upgrade their cyborg bodies. They would not add cybernetics to their flesh and blod bodies thou.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Heres a wierd thought for you. What if the AbMech took on a humanoid body with a cyborg center to gain the trust of the Human Resistance.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

I would not only say that ABMs could get new bodies (they are essentially cyborgs) but that they absolutely would. They need to disguise themselves from the regular mechanoids. Not to mention that they do not want to be mistaken for mechanoids. If they wanted to spy on the other mechanoids they could try to get one of the new bodies, but I'm guessing the mechanoids have been mostly successful in rooting out the ABMs. Upgraded weaponry couldn't hurt either, actually I went through and made a list of changes I wanted to make a long time ago (when the rifts mechanoids book came out). On their own they were fine but I felt some changes to all the ABMs were necessary when placing them into rifts earth (Since I did not think the normal mechanoids would change their design without permission from an overlord, especially after the ABM problems). Remeber that the mechanoids basically took over the universe so they have to think their designs are pretty much superior to everything else.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Could a ABM Mechanoid transfer itself to a new mechanoid body styling?
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Dragon Mage
Explorer

Unread post by Dragon Mage »

AzathothXy wrote:Could a ABM Mechanoid transfer itself to a new mechanoid body styling?

Yes if it was the same kind, e.g. Abm Brain using the new Brain robot body...

Return to “The Mechanoids®”