They Survived, HOW IS THAT POSSABLE ???

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GundamChief
Wanderer
Comment: It's a Gundam! *Boom!* ~ Every enemy soldier ever.

They Survived, HOW IS THAT POSSABLE ???

Unread post by GundamChief »

Sunday last week I was doing a campaign in the three galaxies and had the group run into the mechanoids on a planet (That I made up!) named tomicron omega 4, a large desert planet in a backwater solarsystem (Kinda like Dune only the world has water) anyway they trace a distress signal and go to see what's up, but suddenly they get shot down by a powerful Plasma blast. they crash land on the planet and find the remains of a mechinoid battleship (The Characters were clueless about the origin).

That's the situation, here's the funny part, as soon as they check the ship instead of being discreet about the search they make all sorts of noise and ruckus by shooting down doors and using the vehicals that survived the crash, basically stirring the hornets nest. since then they were trying to escape while fighting these crazy, maniacle, suicidal robots.

Today they came out of this hiding place in what's left of the midsection, instead of trying to sneak arournd they decide to get on thier hovercyles and cruise at top speed, thier reason is that if they move fast they won't be caught (tsk hYeah Right!). they were seen and were then chased down by about near one hundred wasps and six runner hover pods, who were all shooting at them, I was getting bad rolls so the volleys of beams were missing and the players were getting cocky, that is until they ran into a deadend. They were surrounded by all the wasps and were ready to fire, but then one of the players suggests that they all fire thier mini-missiles on thier hovercycles and hope the blast radiuses will destroy them all (Which it wouldn't) but in a stroke of luck, there is so much destruction that the structure of the area fell apart and destroyed everybody in the area within the rubble. but heres the lucky part one of the charecters has the ability to teleport things, so because there was a low chance of surviving I had him roll a percentile (01-20 %) to see if he could get everybody in the teleport, another to see if they teleport at all, both times he got 5% and got out. There is alot I left out cause it would be longer, but they kept getting high rolls like 14 through 20 and I think to myself "How could such reckless characters (Or players in this case) Survive this situation, they should be dead!"

anyway, I doubt any one would reply to this post so just enjoy it, thanks.[/b]
"Your tricks are no match for Gundams immense power"-Amuro Rei
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

sometimes players just get lucky.
The wasps could have gone suicidal and decided to go simultaneous and shot at the players while the wasps themselves were being shot at.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
GundamChief
Wanderer
Comment: It's a Gundam! *Boom!* ~ Every enemy soldier ever.

Unread post by GundamChief »

Yes, it is that type of survival (now that you mention it :oops: ) what's really surprising is that the players knew better then to mess with a large amount of enemies, But you know how players play good one session and then the next session is like a remake of scary movie.

Yeah the could've gone suicidal but since the planet was so far out, (and unknown to the players that the Mechanoids have been in sleeper mode, upto when thier ship was detected) They were trying to capture the players for interogation, then the usual torture and expairimentation while taking the players ships working Star Drive. You can probably guess what they were going to do at this point. players get lucky but there is a differance between normal couple times luck and Vash the Stampede Dumb luck.
"Your tricks are no match for Gundams immense power"-Amuro Rei
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Zerebus wrote:The dumb and lucky only have to have so much dumb luck before they get labeled as geniuses. And I think that applies to this situation quite comically. This whole scenario is something I'd expect to see watching an episode of Irresponsible Captain Tyler! :lol:

yea, I was disapointed they DIDN'Thave an episode like this, I was sort of expecting one on the ground.

yet there IS something to be said for just "happening" to destroy a fleet with one ship. . . :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

Misfit KotLD wrote:Reverse Darwinism. Survival of the dumbest. :twisted:

Actually, I'm thinking more along the lines of the motto of the SAS...

Who dares, wins
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Re: They Survived, HOW IS THAT POSSABLE ???

Unread post by Swift-13 »

GundamChief wrote: these crazy, maniacle, suicidal robots.[/b]

I would think the Mechanoids are more "genocidal" than suicidal. They leave that part up to their robot legions. :lol:

Return to “The Mechanoids®”