Spiderman 2 Trailer

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Spiderman 2 Trailer

Unread post by NMI »

not that impressed. :(
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Lynx8882 wrote:is it just me or did that trailer make it look like Doc Oc was a hitman for Harry?

Lynx
I agree, and that is probably why I dont seem all that impressed.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

BAH! That's the teaser trailer - it's been out for a while - I want to see the NEW one that supposedly aired tonight (thursday) during "the Apprentice."
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

NecroTechno wrote:BEHOLD! I DELIVER THE GOODS!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pict ... large.html

And I'm impressed. Doc Oc looks cooler than ever.

:bandit: Sweetness.
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

This movie looks great! I saw the trailer last night. Very cool.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

NecroTechno wrote:BEHOLD! I DELIVER THE GOODS!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pict ... large.html

And I'm impressed. Doc Oc looks cooler than ever.
still not impressed.
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

Lynx8882 wrote:Still looks like a hitman for Harry kinda degrades Doc Oc IMO

also kinda hopin that proffesor thats tellin Peter hes need to get his stuff straight is the other famous Dr of the Spiderman comics

Lynx

Well - if you're talking about Dr Connor aka The Lizard - you will notice that the Professor in the trailer DID only have one arm....

Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Lynx8882 wrote:Still looks like a hitman for Harry kinda degrades Doc Oc IMO

also kinda hopin that proffesor thats tellin Peter hes need to get his stuff straight is the other famous Dr of the Spiderman comics

*squints at screen* Hold on a web-swingin' moment... that prof's missing his right arm. That's gotta be DOCTOR CONNORS, a.k.a. THE LIZARD!

EDIT: Phooey... Cardiac beat me to it. :badbad:

Well, as has been noted, the one-armed professor is either a.) Dr. Connors, who was mentioned in the first movie, or b.) the guy who Dr. Richard Kimball is looking for. ;)

The idea of Octavius being a 'hit man' for Harry doesn't seem quite accurate to me. I get the feeling that he starts out as a scientist in Oscorp's employ who develops the 'octopus harness' but thanks to the ever-lovin' overload turns to a life of crime. It looks like he's striking a deal with Harry to bring Spider-Man to him in exchange for something (presumably resources, money, and/or freedom from Oscorp prosecution). That to me doesn't really degrade Octavius at all -- he's been known to make deals with just about anyone to help further his own ends. Heck, in the comics he even tried to marry Aunt May so he could get control of some property she owned.

No, I take it as Harry and Octavius striking a deal rather than him being more or less a 'hit man.'
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

Yeah - the feeling I got from it was Harry had something Octavius needed so Harry stuck a deal with him. I didn't get the feeling Harry was "in control" of the good doctor.

Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

And most definately won't be after un-masking Spider-man only to discover it isn't who it's "meant" to be. My question is will it be someone else or will they go with a classic Ock story where Peter was unmasked but had an excuse as to why he was "pretending" to be Spidey :)

The full trailer was muuuuch better than the teaser, yeah that's a given, and sells the movie and it's plot well IMO.
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

maybe the third movie is the one we'll get two villains. the lizard is powerfull, but not intelligent enough a villain to carry a movie by himself, and much of gobby we've seen in the first movie. he would just be replaced by harry, so i think there would be room for both of them.
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Cyclone wrote:And most definately won't be after un-masking Spider-man only to discover it isn't who it's "meant" to be. My question is will it be someone else or will they go with a classic Ock story where Peter was unmasked but had an excuse as to why he was "pretending" to be Spidey

Yeah, I see two possible scenarios here:

1.) Some random guy finds the Spider-Man costume Peter chunks in the trash can, puts it on for the cheap thrill (or whatever) and has the ultimate bad luck to bump into Doc Ock hunting for the genuine article.

2.) Doc Ock DOES snag the genuine article, but Peter passes it off as an attempt to draw him away from Mary Jane (after all, the Goblin had already kidnapped her... and Ock threatened to skin her alive if Peter didn't deliver Spider-Man...) by (as Cyclone pegged it) "pretending" to be Spidey.

As for Harry "Straightjacket-Waiting-To-Happen" Osborne... We never saw what Peter did with the Goblin glider/outfit, now did we? Could be that they're found and recovered, and Harry finds out what REALLY went down with his father. That could easily be the straw that broke the camel's brain and send him off the high dive into the nut-shaped pool of insanity.

As for Connors... Right now, I think he's in there mainly as foreshadowing. Given the fact that the first "Batman" movie got so many sequels even though they were little more than extended "Power Ranger" episodes (and bad ones at that), the powers that be could feel they have the luxury of developing a future villain (or counting Harry/Green Goblin II, more than one villain) over the course of multiple movies... which can make for a more interesting villain.

But those two takes are just one goob's opinion... your mileage may vary. :ok:
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

I'm not really to enthused about another Goblin (maybe if they change the costume - the first one looked horrible - like a power ranger villian reject) - but seeing the Lizard onscreen would be cool. However, as was mentioned above, I don't think the Lizard could carry the movie by itself. There needs to be another villian as well. I just hope they manage to get Venom up on the big screen sometime (they mentioned Eddie Brock in the first movie after all......)

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Cardiac wrote:I just hope they manage to get Venom up on the big screen sometime (they mentioned Eddie Brock in the first movie after all......)
they did?
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

The Deific NMI wrote:
Cardiac wrote:I just hope they manage to get Venom up on the big screen sometime (they mentioned Eddie Brock in the first movie after all......)
they did?

It was only like in one line and went something like "Eddie's been trying to get a decent picture for weeks....." It's not like they actually had a character for him, but it would be neat if they had him in the 2nd movie.

Uncle Servo
Champion

Just out of curiosity while we're identifying characters, who do y'all think the guy in the USAF uniform is?
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

Uncle Servo wrote:Just out of curiosity while we're identifying characters, who do y'all think the guy in the USAF uniform is?

Hmmm....Isn't that suppoed to be Jameson's son? Wasn't he an astronaut or something?

Uncle Servo
Champion

Cardiac wrote:
Uncle Servo wrote:Just out of curiosity while we're identifying characters, who do y'all think the guy in the USAF uniform is?

Hmmm....Isn't that suppoed to be Jameson's son? Wasn't he an astronaut or something?

Holy cow, I think you've hit on something. If memory serves, according to at least one comic I read had him as suffering a lycanthropic condition due to a radioactive moon rock he brought back and wore around his neck.
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

Lynx8882 wrote:in the end JJ's son did suffer from Lycontropsy and had to live on the moon with his wife and son and if they are incorperating John Jameson the Venom line shouldnt be too far behind seeing as the symbiote hitched a ride on the shuttle in the first place

Lynx

Actually - I'm pretty sure Spidey picked up the symbiote during one of the Secret Wars (or some other great gathering of heroes on a distant planet).

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Cardiac wrote:
Lynx8882 wrote:in the end JJ's son did suffer from Lycontropsy and had to live on the moon with his wife and son and if they are incorperating John Jameson the Venom line shouldnt be too far behind seeing as the symbiote hitched a ride on the shuttle in the first place

Lynx

Actually - I'm pretty sure Spidey picked up the symbiote during one of the Secret Wars (or some other great gathering of heroes on a distant planet).

He did. He saw the new spider woman use a machine to repair her costume, so he went to a nearby machine and out came the black costume that later turned out to be the venom symbote.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

Black Costume from Secret Wars = Comics

Black Costume from Space Shuttle piloted by JJ's son = 90's Spidey Cartoon
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Lynx8882 wrote:
Cyclone wrote:Black Costume from Secret Wars = Comics

Black Costume from Space Shuttle piloted by JJ's son = 90's Spidey Cartoon

ahh thats where confusion comes from in my head

Lynx

While not bad as that X-men cartoon.... well yes it was, but it was fun to see all the Spidey villians. ;)

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”