Count the Bullets!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Re: Count the Bullets!

Unread post by acreRake »

Blood loss is the big problem. Every hit that breaks skin (blades, bullets etc) Causes you to lose one point of damage per ...minute (at least i don't think it's melee, i could check, later). So, yeah, you might be fine for a while but even getting shot once is life threatening if there's no one with medical skills around.

Besides, HEROES in heroes unlimited (regardless of category) are more than human, so fighting through the (potentially deadly) pain is part of the role.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Daemon Ward wrote:Do your characters ever have trouble finding a doctor to remove bullets?
YES :demon:

Or does most of your combat involve blades, energy blasts, and hand to hand combat?

My players probably think i use too many bullets... :)

the drunken werebear wrote:more and more nowadays i am starting to think that every bullet and knife wound or damage that is actualy designed to penetrate skin should not only be an sdc damage but have a little bit of hp damage to accompany it like one poit per stab or 1/4 damage or something on that order
I don't know about knives, but in the point-blank rules (IIRC) it specifically states that if the GM wants guns to be more deadly you can roll on those tables every time someone is shot. That's a little much for me though.
Carmen
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Carmen »

In my heroes game all firearms do HP to "normal" heroes, only those with Altered or truely "super" powers get to "bounce" bullets off their chests. Then again we like a grity and mean game. :D
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Stuff it, it's a heroes game. I let bullets smack into sdc, and let the players moan.

Of course bullets kill everybody eles. everyone else has, what, 10 SDC.

Besides, if humungo man is going to wet himself when little boy blue comes out with a zip gun then all the superheroes are going to hang up their capes and get on with their lives.

As to the question, Most players end up with some sort of medical skill amidst the group. It's a little metagaming, but when characters get rolled up most of them start asking each other 'who's going to take paramedic?'

It is NO FUN to be killed by a little miscellaneous blood loss otherwise.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”