dangorous things

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Who will win?

team magic
19%
team Psionic
19%
team mutant
14%
team smart
49%

Total votes: 37

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

dangorous things

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Ok theres four teams all will fight to the death who will win?
Every body has 2 months preptime and 2 million dollars who would win

Team Magic

1. Magic Mystic Study - Spell Caster

2. Technowizard

3. Magic Weapon

4. Magic Item

5. Astral Mage

Team Psi

1. Natural Psionic

2. Latent Psionic

3. Astral Lord

4. Dream Dancer

5. Psi-Hacker

Team Mutant

1. (2 Major 3 Minor) Bio armor, matter expulsion metal, extrodinary speed, super human strength,
enhanced leaping

2. (2 Major 2 Minor) force aura, Gravity manipulation, gravitational plane, wingless flight,

3. (2 Major 1 Minor) APS water, Liquefaction, adhesion

4. (3 Major) Dimensional Room, teleport, mirror mastery

5. (2 Major 3 Minor) APS electricity, Mechanolink, Mechanical awareness, conduct electricity, frequency absorption

Team Smart

1. Hardware weapon

2. Hardware Electrical

3. Hardware Mechanical

4. Hardware Analytical

5. Natural Genius

all charters are 5th level the battle field is century station who do you think will win?
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Cardiac
Adventurer

Re: dangorous things

Unread post by Cardiac »

I voted for team magic. They use some magic to garner info about their foes and thus properly prepare for the battle, summon a few demons as backup, and just before you teleport in to attack any particular group, you cast a number of appropriate defensive spells.

Pop in....blammo/tear/claw/zap......pop out.

The key to the Magic users is that they are all about being prepared and choose their battles wisely.
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Well, I have no idea what a '5th level charter' is, so I'm just going to have to chalk it up to Cherico's typically tenuous grip on the English language and proceed... ;)

I voted for 'Team Smart.' Yes, the other teams would probably use Team Smart as so much toilet paper if you dropped them all together with no prep time... but I follow the saying "a man with a plan is a dangerous man." The more time smart people have to plan, the more dangerous they become. Smart people tend to analyze their opponents strengths and weaknesses and can devise ways to circumvent them.

Psychics, Mutants, and Mages tend to rely on themselves and their own personal abilities (and therefore may not use their prep time/budget wisely), and that kind of arrogance can be suicide. How often do you hear of a Psychic or Mage prevail when his/her powers are negated? Granted Mutants do tend to fare a little better (thanks in no small part to the plethora of X-comics through the years), but even then it's the SMART mutants who tend to lead the way to overcoming the odds.

Give me brains any day.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Team Psy, they just have the dreamdancer go into each person's dreams and take them out while they're sleeping. ;)

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Uncle Servo
Champion

kathyacker wrote:can i vote for team spells correctly?

Not in an official "Cherico Poll" you can't... Grammatical competence is barely tolerated, let alone encouraged.

Now get out there and MISSPELL something! :lol:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If the team smart are BTS char I would say Team smart...because they woudld run away and let/get some army deal with the others. As for the question as intended....it depends on what spells and powers the magic and psi groups have...and what stuff the smart team dreams up for the fight. Another factor is the lead up prep time for the smart team and the TW to make stuff.

But sence the magic team is mostly smart too then the magic team has the edge I think.

By the way, Dream Dancers do not have the dream kill power...only Dream Masters do.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Team Smart.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Ben Quash wrote:Another factor is the lead up prep time for the smart team and the TW to make stuff.
both teams have two months. (looking up at the beginning of Cheerios post.

PS: I corrected the spelling errors for you all.

bye now.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I vote "NONE"
Team Minotaur would win.

Epoch
Archimedes
Denizen
Shock
Iron Warmonger
Uncle Servo
Champion

The Deific NMI wrote:I vote "NONE"
Team Minotaur would win.

Epoch
Archimedes
Denizen
Shock
Iron Warmonger

Ha! If you REALLY wanted Team Minotaur to win, throw in Stampede from Bloodangel's "X-Patriots" campaign. :D

*insert shameless plug here*
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

2 months and $2 mill.....then ether team magic or team smart, because the other to teams would be soo blasted or in jail at the end of the two months.

Re: dangerous things

Unread post by Guest »

team smart would orchestrate ways for the other teams to kill each other off, and then drop a nuke on the survivors (if they were like me, and evil) or whip up some sort of super invention doohickiemabob and give it to the weapons guy to go in blazing and take out whoever was left.

heck, team smart would probably act like they gave up and ran away, or fake their own deaths so the others would beat themselves all to pieces before wiping up the few survivors...

now if the other three teams all had a smart guy on their team...and team smart were disbanded, id have to say team psionic would probably fare best, given palladiums combat system, and their likely inherent knowledge of the other teams weaknesses.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”