New Here

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Re: New Here

Unread post by Levi »

Welcome to the boards!

I would recommend Powers Unlimited 1 & 2 for your next purchases.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Navrin wrote:Welcome to the boards!

Ditto :)
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Get PU 1 and 2 they rocketh with much gusto

also pick up mystic china, ninjas and super spys, Nightbane between the shadows,
and systems failure

the ninjas and super spy books give you a excellent marshal art feel and cool cybernetics

systems failure has great villans and sweet organatech armor that can be useds

nightbane between the shadows is a great psy book astral lords make the best villans.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Preacher wrote:
Navrin wrote:Welcome to the boards!

Ditto :)

Ditto that as well. Well, at least PU1 (I haven't purchased PU2). You already have VU, which is one I usually recommend even though it was originally designed for the old Revised version (blue cover).

On a related note, I'd recommend checking out the "On The Subject Of Revised To 2nd Ed Conversions" thread here in this forum. Cardiac's done a great job of updating the VU characters to 2nd ed versions.

Oh, and btw... welcome aboard dude! :ok:
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Carmen

Unread post by Carmen »

It would not be fair of me to recommed PU1 or PU2, so I say the HU GM's guide. :D
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Carmen wrote:It would not be fair of me to recommed PU1 or PU2, so I say the HU GM's guide. :D
Well then I will say it for you... Get Powers Unlimited One and Poweres Unlimited Two, both written by the person who posted above me, Carmen. :)
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Should I mention again that the Casting gun is worth the purchase of PU2 or have I done that to death? :lol: :P :lol: :shock:
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

Get Powers Unlimited 1 and 2 - If you love Heroes Unlimited - you MUST buy them!!

And since you have VU which is 1st ed., check out my thread at viewtopic.php?t=16344 where I am giving the characters from that book the 2nd ed treatment.

Other Palladium books that can add to the experience (if you have the $$$ - however they are all purely optional "plug-ins"):

Ninjas and Superspies - lots of martial arts goodness to spice up any heroes game.

After the Bomb (Revised): Expands on the Mutant Animal rules in HU.

Rifts - Book of Magic: You will have to change the MDC to SDC, but it is a great resource for ANY spellcasting character in Heroes U.

The Compendium of Contemporary Weapons - not sure if Palladium still prints this but let me sum it up for you; LOTS of guns - a bit outdated though.

Nightbane - Through the Glass Darkly: Good rules on creating magic spells, as well as "living magic" and so forth.

Nightbane - Between the Shadows: Details the Astral Plane and the Dream Stream.

Scraypers - Sort of a "Dimension Book" for Rifts/HU. Sucks as a Rifts setting, but can be enjoyable for a HU setting.
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..I would just like to say that yahoo sucks for gaming. The pop up ads are infuriating. Take your game to one of the great game oriented sites:

http://rpol.net/rpol/rpol-main.cgi

http://www.editors-wastebasket.org/

http://www.playbyweb.com/

..these are infinately better suited for play by post, and give the GM a great latitude of controls.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”