Is Unnoteworthy a curse?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Uncle Servo
Champion

Re: Is Unnoteworthy a curse?

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Depends on your chosen career path.

If you're a undercover detective or paid assassin, then it's a GREAT advantage.

If you're a rock star, politician, or fashion model, then yeah I'd consider it a curse.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel

Unread post by Guest »

no no....unnoteworthy works on people who see you face to face, they forget you afterwards...

which is ideal for say, a P.I. who doesnt want people to know him, or even pay him any mind...he can work just fine outside of the societal loop...

but over the phone, they will still keep in their mind who you are, at least as that guy they talked too on the phone yesterday and asked to kill their wife...

if they saw you as you came in to kill their wife, watched you do it, and then you left, they would be like...wait..who was that...what did he look like...was that the assassin i hired...i cant remember...

that, untrackable, and cloaking would be an ideal low powered combination for an assassin/superspy/private investigator.

course you could always hang out with psychics, they will remember you...

or...yes...im going there...

you could hang out at cheers, where everybody knows your name.

Unread post by Guest »

thats what im saying...you dont just automatically forget someone that you've been introduced too, met and spoken with...

but if they walked up, smashed the window of your car in, grabbed your stereo and ran off, you wouldnt be able to give a detailed description...

its called unnoteworthy, not makepeoplestupidthy...

the woman who called the P.I. would have a conversation with him, would know his name, and have entered into a deal with him, im sure all of that wouldnt go out the window when she left sight of him...

she might have trouble remembering what he looks like when she leaves...sure...

"did he have brown hair, or was he bald...eh, doesnt matter, as long as he nails my husband good"
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

I notice that unnoteworthy has a caveat that drawing attention to yourself will help people notice you. I'm pretty sure most deliberate interactions with others would be noticed. Not buying ciggarettes, or walking down the street, but saving pretty girls, or agreeing to blow your husband up in his Jedda probably would count.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist

Unread post by Guest »

or see the character in passing forget...

key word there, you walk down the street, he bumps into you, steals your wallet, you may notice the wallet is gone, but you haven't a clue who did it...even if there are only two people on the street, you and him.

that i could see...

but talking to him, exchanging information, names...that would do it.

Unread post by Guest »

but it doesnt say those who sit and meet the guy forget him...

it doesnt say his friends dont know him anymore once he leaves...

just that passerby's and people you dont actually talk to for more than a brief moment will totally forget everything about you...they will remember they saw someone though.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

The way I understand it this actually turns the person into the ultimate "wall-flower person." This means that people will be unable to identify you UNLESS you do something spectacularily flashy (like commit a particularily gruesome murder while laughing and joking the whole time). But someone walks-up, shoots the person next to you to death, and walks-on after as if nothing happened, you could not pick the person out in a line-up for two reasons - shock, and the Unnoteworthy. However, if he shot your friend, then immediately started screaming, that would break the shock, and you would be able to identify him.

The PI or PD detective would work-out great - the bad guys, even if they KNEW you were an undercover "pig" would not be able to do anything about it, so long as he never used the same name more than once or twice when identifying himself! You would almost NEVER be able to identiy him as a tail unless he was particularily out of place (like the only caucasian in Harlem, or in the depths of China Town [in the main street is one thing, but in the alleys and such where the REAL business of a China Town occurs...]). Practical invisibility.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Thisd discussion lead me to relaize a thing: ALL AND ANY SUPERPOWERS ARE ACURSE IF THEY'RE ALWAYS ON!!!
Do you think that Unnoteworthy is a curse? Imagine the gross problem of a poor guy with Anatomical indipendence ALWAYS ON(ohmygod my legs where ARE my legs!!!I've sleep walked again..)
Battle Rage and adrenaline surge are impossible to handle if one suffer of frenzy too(no cappucino...nnnnNNNOO CAPPPUCINO!!!! WHAT DIRTY COFFEE SHOP IS THIS GRAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR)
Enlarge Body part it does have very funny effect (aww Myheadache is killing me-as everyone can see)
Enhanced leaping EX Speed and Sonic speed make even the simpler move a nightmare(Hey could you took me the remote control on the table-Yessuuuurrre-Ram at full speed against the table-ughhh)
Bouncing character had to reaaaalllly pay attention not to stumble or he will start boing around like a rubber ball(Ehh I'm sorry for your crystal ducks collection,and for the mirrors, and for the windows...)
Any FLight power will prevnet characters to ever touch terrain with some arthrophy problems presenting soon or later(Flight Energy will cause alittle mess in close environment ya know)
Any aura power will prevent any physical contacl at all..that's depressing
APS Powers well they are really well covered in comics, let's just say that yopu could easily forget your humanity, considering how detached from it you are.
And i could continue..this to say tha tunnoteworthy if always on could be a little curse, well ,duh :P , all powers are if always on.. :D
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”