Board index » MDC Worlds » Rifts®: Dimension Books

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:25 pm

D-Bee

Hello Megaverse Ambassadors. I am wondering if anyone has tried Braden's Wormwood solution. Wormwood is missing several key design references in Rifts, and it has puzzled me as perfect yet incomplete for many years. Braden has suggested just making Wormwood a Palladium Fantasy game, and by doing so suddenly references to 'standard magic swords' and such in Wormwood make sense. I have been meaning to do a full playtest, in fact I may do just that to my current group. I was wondering if anyone has experience trying this SDC experiment and if so what results you care to share? Thanks in advance on palladium-megaverse

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:21 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Does the material in the Conversion book not answer the questions? Honestly just wondering, not trying to be snarky.

Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:22 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.
Wow, no one responded for 10 months on this thread! I am rarely on the forums these days and I mostly just interact with the PF board.

tejas121, I felt Wormwood is better suited to be an SDC fantasy world for a long time. I am not aware of Braden's Wormwood solution either. To convert to SDC you should be able to find most of the guidance you need in the conversion book. Ignore anything that doesn't fit and add in as much from PF as you want. If you have specific questions on conversions you might be able to get some answer here or in the PF board.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:15 pm

Monk

Levi wrote:
Wow, no one responded for 10 months on this thread! I am rarely on the forums these days and I mostly just interact with the PF board.

tejas121, I felt Wormwood is better suited to be an SDC fantasy world for a long time. I am not aware of Braden's Wormwood solution either. To convert to SDC you should be able to find most of the guidance you need in the conversion book. Ignore anything that doesn't fit and add in as much from PF as you want. If you have specific questions on conversions you might be able to get some answer here or in the PF board.

Maybe you could Mod it that it a person tries to cross the black wall (IATEOTW) they end up in a SDC/SD WW. Where the world tree links to the HU game. Ether to earth setting, or space.Milkyway Galaxy as a whole setting.
Other places the world tree might lead to is the world of the Nightbane game, or After the bomb's setting, or the System Failure game's setting. (N&S, TMNT, Recon, BTS can be used as supplements to the other SDC/SD games.)

May you be blessed with understanding,
and the ability to change course when you are off the mark.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:17 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

A looooong time ago, I had this notion that the company should launch a series of SDC "dimension books" for the Fantasy line... called "realms books." And that Wormwood could be reworked to be the first such supplemental setting for that line.

One thing I can tell you (having brought a few of the demonic monsters into my on-going Fantasy game) is that the greater Minions of Darkness have to have their SDC/Hit point pool greatly reduced (otherwise, a single Rathos Rumbler can take more damage than an adult dragon). Cut lop two 0's off the end, give then a low natural AR, and you should be good.

Thundercloud Galaxy has a flock of ducks in it that can slag a Glitterboy in one melee.

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.