where can I find .....

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

where can I find .....

Unread post by ZINO »

which books can I find the calender or time line in Phase world?
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: where can I find .....

Unread post by Warshield73 »

ZINO wrote:which books can I find the calender or time line in Phase world?

DB 13: Fleets of the Three Galaxies Pg. 7 has the current canon timeline for Phase World. It has some inconsistencies with the first 3 books (DB 2, 3, and 5) but nothing huge and it adds a lot of details to build on.

DB 12: Dimensional Outbreak Pg. 70 has an additional timeline with events centered around the Minion war.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

Warshield73 wrote:
ZINO wrote:which books can I find the calender or time line in Phase world?

DB 13: Fleets of the Three Galaxies Pg. 7 has the current canon timeline for Phase World. It has some inconsistencies with the first 3 books (DB 2, 3, and 5) but nothing huge and it adds a lot of details to build on.

DB 12: Dimensional Outbreak Pg. 70 has an additional timeline with events centered around the Minion war.

perfect that you
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

WHERE CAN I FIND:

rules for making star systems and planets?

I have the Megaverse Builder book but planets are not in there.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Rifter 18 has tables for creating planets and star systems.

i'm not sure if other rules have been printed in a DB since then.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Shorty Lickens
Hero

THATS IT!

cool beans man.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

DB 5:Anvil Galaxy, Pg. 139 has World Builders Toolbox. It is more geared for civilizations you might find in the Three Galaxies. I tend to use this as my main resource with just a few ideas from Rifter 18 and Aliens Unlimited.

DB 14: Thundercloud, Pg. 121 has a Colony Creation table as well. It is gear for the Thunder but can be used for any galaxy.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Shorty Lickens
Hero

Warshield73 wrote:DB 5:Anvil Galaxy, Pg. 139 has World Builders Toolbox. It is more geared for civilizations you might find in the Three Galaxies. I tend to use this as my main resource with just a few ideas from Rifter 18 and Aliens Unlimited.

DB 14: Thundercloud, Pg. 121 has a Colony Creation table as well. It is gear for the Thunder but can be used for any galaxy.

HOLY CRAP THATS SO MUCH BETTER!!!

Why could I not find it before? I went over each dimension book several times.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Shorty Lickens wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:DB 5:Anvil Galaxy, Pg. 139 has World Builders Toolbox. It is more geared for civilizations you might find in the Three Galaxies. I tend to use this as my main resource with just a few ideas from Rifter 18 and Aliens Unlimited.

HOLY CRAP THATS SO MUCH BETTER!!!

Why could I not find it before? I went over each dimension book several times.

Last year during a few discussions on Phase world I had two different rules/events pointed out to me that I had never noticed before. Since then I have started trying to index all the Three Galaxies books. Truthfully I love Phase World more than any other game setting, PB or otherwise, but the books are an absolute mess and you can spend hours searching for something you know is there and never find it.
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

Warshield73 wrote:Last year during a few discussions on Phase world I had two different rules/events pointed out to me that I had never noticed before. Since then I have started trying to index all the Three Galaxies books. Truthfully I love Phase World more than any other game setting, PB or otherwise, but the books are an absolute mess and you can spend hours searching for something you know is there and never find it.

Agreed. I love the setting, but in can be a pain to navigate the material.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Shorty Lickens wrote:Why could I not find it before? I went over each dimension book several times.

It didn't exist when you looked earlier. You see, somebody went back in time and added those parts into the book before they went to the publisher. The "ripples" from the time change caught up to you after you had looked in the book, as time is being rewritten to accommodate the new changes. Soon everyone will have forgotten that the materials were never in any book, and some will try claiming that I'm making stuff up again and that the info was there in the very first printing.
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

The Beast wrote:
Shorty Lickens wrote:Why could I not find it before? I went over each dimension book several times.

It didn't exist when you looked earlier. You see, somebody went back in time and added those parts into the book before they went to the publisher. The "ripples" from the time change caught up to you after you had looked in the book, as time is being rewritten to accommodate the new changes. Soon everyone will have forgotten that the materials were never in any book, and some will try claiming that I'm making stuff up again and that the info was there in the very first printing.

Don't be ridiculous. It was there in the first printing. You're making stuff up again. ;)
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Father Goose wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Don't be ridiculous. It was there in the first printing. You're making stuff up again. ;)

I don't know there are things in the Fleets of the Three Galaxies book that I would swear were not there the first time I read through it so I think Beast may be on to something.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Has anyone compiled a list of the different locale creation tables found in the books? I know there are a bunch of class/species related tables as well, but getting a list together of ways to create ships/planets/bases/mercenary companies/dimensions/whatever else seems like it would be great.

I know some people like taalismn have also put together tables of their own, and an index on those would be even more useful, if for no other reason than to get more eyes on them.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Curbludgeon wrote:Has anyone compiled a list of the different locale creation tables found in the books? I know there are a bunch of class/species related tables as well, but getting a list together of ways to create ships/planets/bases/mercenary companies/dimensions/whatever else seems like it would be great.

I know some people like taalismn have also put together tables of their own, and an index on those would be even more useful, if for no other reason than to get more eyes on them.

Many of the older Rifts tables are in the Rifts Game Masters Guide and Rifts Adventure Guide.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”