I am having a great day – July 16, 2020

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I hope you are having a good day, too.

The last week or so had been rough on me. I had some good moments and got in some good bits of writing (epic writing last Friday). Unfortunately, I let the world at large – the ugly, selfish, violent world that is pushed in our faces every single day in the media and on the web. It made me sad, angry, frustrated, and distracted.

It was stupid, because I know better, but you know what, sometimes the weight of it all still gets to you. Thank God I have wonderful friends. A few of them saw I needed some friendly emotional support and helped. We just talked. Nothing professional or clinical. Just friends talking and laughing and sharing our thoughts.

Anyway, long story short, they said the things I needed to hear to snap out of my unproductive funk and anger, and put me back on track. Thank you, guys, you are the best! And the biggest thanks to H.H. who made a special effort to be there when I needed him most.

We all need to do that whenever we can. To try to be there for each other. That’s one big reason I have been signing books during this pandemic and writing these Murmurs and positive Weekly Updates. I talk about this a bit more and try to share some words of love and hope in my Closing Thoughts of the July 16, 2020, Weekly Update. Which also talks about Gen Con Online, the DriveThruRPG Christmas in July Sale (don’t miss it) and some news and updates you may want to look at.

I am having a great day. After an up and down week full of highs and lows, this morning’s online sales were huge. I mean it was the last night of a truly great sale involving most of our game lines, but I was floored. Thank you, so much for your support. Btw, the Palladium sale is still “unofficially” active and available, probably until early evening, so some of you can still squeak in if you are so inclined. It was a pleasure pulling and packing orders for you this morning (signed most of the books too). Alex popped in and lent me a hand on pulling a store order and some other things that needed to get done. It reminded me of the days when Palladium was starting up and Alex was my only employee (and a dear friend). When he’s on top of his game, we make a great team. That camaraderie made a busy morning go by faster and was fun.

We also finally got some much needed rain. I was able to open up doors and cool down the warehouse and office. Our air-conditioning is out and the past two weeks of oppressive, sweltering heat was murder. I’m sure the heat didn’t help my state of mind either. We picked up a new game store and one of our regular retailers sent in a nice big restock order.

Then mama and daddy wild turkey with six small young came by for a visit, which is always special somehow. Though I’ll tell you, when you watch wild turkeys in action, especially the young ones as they run in a pack/flock, you can really imagine that birds are descended from velociraptors and other dinosaurs.

It is quiet and cool, so I’m writing away on Rifts® CS Manhunters, which you are going to love. I have not said too much about it because I want to preserve some of the surprises it contains. I think you will enjoy the new psionic abilities (nothing crazy, but all very cool), new applications of some old psychic abilities, the Manhunter O.C.C.s available as player characters and as deadly NPCs, their mission operations, reveals about Dog Boy and Killhounds, the artwork, and, well, everything.

Good stuff is coming your way soon. Have a good day.

That Publisher Guy,
Kevin Siembieda

Copyright 2020 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
This Murmur may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and good will.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”