NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Vincent Takeda
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: 44 years in denver, but now in grand rapids.

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Vincent Takeda »

Yeah my nephew just set a colorado record on the big 3, but his spotter is his 5'10 amazon girlfriend. He's doing record level benches but its a girl handin him the bar. She's a knockout.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

taalismn wrote:In my continuing quiet quest to create a superpower for every letter of the alphabet....

Xerox Body(Minor)
One copy per level of experience can be produced per APM.
This is a bit confusing. Does it use an attack to create one? I don't get it.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:In my continuing quiet quest to create a superpower for every letter of the alphabet....

Xerox Body(Minor)

Fixed the original post for (hopefully) greater clarity. Thanks for the concrit.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Think of the business you could generate (if you were a villain) making and selling what are basically life sized pinata versions of yourself!
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Xerox Body(Minor)

Fixed the original post for (hopefully) greater clarity. Thanks for the concrit.
So is the maximum number the same as how many he can create per action, or is it unlimited on how many the character can make? What is the maximum number of copies that can coexist at one time?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[So is the maximum number the same as how many he can create per action, or is it unlimited on how many the character can make? What is the maximum number of copies that can coexist at one time?

Ah-Hah! Another thing I overlooked! Okay, and I've added this to the OP.
The maximum number of copies that the superbeing can create in this manner per hour is equivalent to the character's P.E..

Sure, with a 30-minute+ lifespan per copy, you can clutter up the landscape pretty messily with 3d standups of yourself, but this is BULK Xerox....and anybody using more than Mark 1 Eyeball's going to see the dummies(unless, of course, you got some other power, like thermal stealth, in which case their job just got a LOT harder :D )
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:[So is the maximum number the same as how many he can create per action, or is it unlimited on how many the character can make? What is the maximum number of copies that can coexist at one time?

Ah-Hah! Another thing I overlooked! Okay, and I've added this to the OP.
The maximum number of copies that the superbeing can create in this manner per hour is equivalent to the character's P.E..

Sure, with a 30-minute+ lifespan per copy, you can clutter up the landscape pretty messily with 3d standups of yourself, but this is BULK Xerox....and anybody using more than Mark 1 Eyeball's going to see the dummies(unless, of course, you got some other power, like thermal stealth, in which case their job just got a LOT harder :D )
Thanks for the clarification. Wouldn't want the power being misused after all. No time to post the changes to the Vault today, have to do it tomorrow. 8)
taalismn
Priest

S'right. Gotta change the toner cartridge on my Clon-a-matic anyways.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Sebastian
D-Bee
Comment: Since 01/16/2019 I have a Malayan Pit Viper animal herald for Role-Playing.

Unread post by Sebastian »

An elemental ash lifestyle.

The person would be able to have melee attacks pass through their/them while they honed themselves to be intangible, colonic blasts and concussive waves could fight them, or if they were to busy against an opponent they could be harmed when not aware of how to guard themselves.

A blaster rifle would be handy. Maybe a flamethrower to deter the effect of losing their guard.
taalismn
Priest

Sebastian wrote:An elemental ash lifestyle.

The person would be able to have melee attacks pass through their/them while they honed themselves to be intangible, colonic blasts and concussive waves could fight them, or if they were to busy against an opponent they could be harmed when not aware of how to guard themselves.

A blaster rifle would be handy. Maybe a flamethrower to deter the effect of losing their guard.

This needs some work to define.

Decide if it's a Minor or Major power. Build from there.

Define what 'Elemental Ash' is....Lifestyle? Sounds like you're trying to describe an Alter Physical Structure power? What would be the 'ash' form of Elemental Water? Of Elemental Air?
Intangible...There's an existing Intangibility power. If you wanted to combine it with an Elemental power, the best way to do that would be to take both Intangibility and the appropriate APS, and consider the appearance of attacks passing through the Element would be a special effect associated with that(attack going through a wall of flames or a cloud of mist).

Many Elemental powers have some form of damage resistance built in and vulnerabilities. Likewise for Intangibility.

Your other option, if you're dead set on creating a power, is to choose an Element, and give it a form of intangibility, but pare away all the other powers associated with the Element...like making yourself a cloud of smoke....with penalties like 'vulnerable to wind/air currents' in addition to sonics or energy blasts...that's one way of creating a higher--end Minor power or a weak Major power.

Also try to use terms familiar to the Palladium game system...I was a bit puzzled by 'losing their guard'. You mean dropping the power?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

What is a colonic blast? Do you mean cyclonic? I agree with Taalismn that you need to define this power more concisely. There is a thread in this stickied section of the forum on how to format powers.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:What is a colonic blast? Do you mean cyclonic? I agree with Taalismn that you need to define this power more concisely. There is a thread in this stickied section of the forum on how to format powers.

Ah yes, the 'colonic blast'...sounds like something the Spleen or Beanman does... :nuke:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

When was the black vault last updated?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

ScottBernard wrote:When was the black vault last updated?
I have not posted anything there in a while. Why do you ask?
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

I couldnt see a page for updates so I was just wondering if there was anything new.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

ScottBernard wrote:I couldnt see a page for updates so I was just wondering if there was anything new.
Nothing new there in about a year. There are some things that could be posted over that are not powers, but I have been busy with other priorities.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The trick right now for me is trying to come up with powers that have not already been covered by existing powers. I'll come up with an idea only to research and find out it's already been written up.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Boxing glove:a variation of adhesion-you can form boxing gloves out of loose stones or other loose & hard materials. It has 1d12 sdc or mdc in campaigns have such a System in place. It’s a minor power of course.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

abe wrote:Boxing glove:a variation of adhesion-you can form boxing gloves out of loose stones or other loose & hard materials. It has 1d12 sdc or mdc in campaigns have such a System in place. It’s a minor power of course.

I'd just go with an existing power like one of the Elemental Control variants or Body Weapons.
You also don't define duration or any bonus damage it does, or any other properties it may possess('loose & hard materials'? Does this include plastic? Metal shavings? Stale fruitcake crumbs?).
Abe....while a dodecahedron is one of the Platonic Solids, it's not one of the dice traditionally used in Palladium games(maybe in the game systems you usually play, but not Palladium). Palladium traditionally uses d4, d6, d8, d10, and d20.

My advice on this is to think longer on it and revise it before posting.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

1d12 equates to 2d6,,, I don't think a boxing glove, which is padded, would do that much damage. What you are really trying to create is a matter control power where you are making the character able to create a gauntlet. There are already powers written which do this.
taalismn
Priest

..And a range of 1-12 SDC/MDC that covers only one part of the body? That's not worth wasting a Minor Power slot for, especially since Extraordinary P.E. gives you 4d4x10 SDC/MDC for the WHOLE body, plus other bonuses.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:..And a range of 1-12 SDC/MDC that covers only one part of the body? That's not worth wasting a Minor Power slot for, especially since Extraordinary P.E. gives you 4d4x10 SDC/MDC for the WHOLE body, plus other bonuses.
Good point.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:..And a range of 1-12 SDC/MDC that covers only one part of the body? That's not worth wasting a Minor Power slot for, especially since Extraordinary P.E. gives you 4d4x10 SDC/MDC for the WHOLE body, plus other bonuses.
Good point.

It gets worse...the Minor Power Body Weapons, which allows you to create blunt hand weapons in addition to bladed ones, DOES single-part armor the limb with that much SDC. So, 'armoring with loose material' is just something the player can use to describe how the power works without having to create a separate power.
That's basic HU.
Always read the basic book.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Hey- first new power here for a WHILE- let me know what you think, a rather minor but potentially useful power, I think.

Atmospheric Filtration (Minor)
This power creates a field around the possessor that both filters out any negative chemical or environmental factors and also provides unimpeded sight, even in dense smoke or underwater.

Range: Immediate range / Self only. Sight in inclement conditions to 10ft. Range.
Effects: Completely unaffected by airborne toxins/gasses/smoke/etc. When underwater, the field will extract usable oxygen from the water to allow the possessor to breathe normally – immune to the bends as the nitrogen in the bloodstream is also vented out harmlessly through the field instead of building up in the possessor's bloodsteam.
Maximum Depth Tolerance: 500ft. Without external protective gear (pressure).
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

abe wrote:Boxing glove:a variation of adhesion-you can form boxing gloves out of loose stones or other loose & hard materials. It has 1d12 sdc or mdc in campaigns have such a System in place. It’s a minor power of course.

I had one thought on how this power might be usable and useful, especially in certain campaigns:

Knuckle Dusters
This minor power allows the possessor to generate a coating of various materials over their hands both for offensive and defensive purposes.
Protection: The character receives +20 SDC +3/level of experience protection to their hands and can strike even metal/stone surfaces without harm to themselves.
Offensive: These covers can take any form the possessor desires (fixed at time of character creation) but all provide the user with a bonus of +2d6 to their hand attacks at level +2 damage/level of experience (this is in addition to their normal hand strike damage).
Special: What really makes this power dangerous is the ability of the user to create the coverings out of 1d4+1 different materials- steel is generally a given but the smart user will also potentially pick silver, wood, etc. as additional materials in order to be able to harm certain creatures vulnerable to those materials! Must pick at least 2 of the materials at character creation but can define the additional materials at any future point.
To add an additional material to their repertoire, it must be a material that they are able to hold and examine for a minimum of 1d4 minutes, and they must then make an IQ roll (treat as Charm/Impress roll with IQ as the relevant attribute instead of PB), with a successful roll allowing them to essentially 'absorb' the properties of the material for later duplication.

I await your criticisms with baited breath.
Last edited by fbdaury on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

fbdaury wrote:Knuckle Dusters
This minor power allows the possessor to generate a coating of various materials over their hands both for offensive and defensive purposes.
Protection: The character receives +20 SDC +3/level of experience protection to their hands and can strike even metal/stone surfaces without harm to themselves.
Offensive: These covers can take any form the possessor desires (fixed at time of character creation) but all provide the user with a bonus of +2d6 to their hand attacks at level +2 damage/level of experience (this is in addition to their normal hand strike damage).
Special: What really makes this power dangerous is the ability of the user to create the coverings out of 1d4+1 different materials- steel is generally a given but the smart user will also potentially pick silver, wood, etc. as additional materials in order to be able to harm certain creatures vulnerable to those materials! Must pick at least 2 of the materials at character creation but can define the additional materials at any future point that they are able to hold and examine that material, essentially 'absorbing' the properties of the material for later duplication.

Could I select depleted uranium? Or fully radioactive materials? Or poison oak? Might want to either give this power the upgrade of 'can handle selected material safely'(though that could lead to arguably Major power breaks) or place a limiter like 'material must able to be normally safely handed by the power user'.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

taalismn wrote:
fbdaury wrote:Knuckle Dusters
Special: What really makes this power dangerous is the ability of the user to create the coverings out of 1d4+1 different materials- steel is generally a given but the smart user will also potentially pick silver, wood, etc. as additional materials in order to be able to harm certain creatures vulnerable to those materials! Must pick at least 2 of the materials at character creation but can define the additional materials at any future point that they are able to hold and examine that material, essentially 'absorbing' the properties of the material for later duplication.

Could I select depleted uranium? Or fully radioactive materials? Or poison oak? Might want to either give this power the upgrade of 'can handle selected material safely'(though that could lead to arguably Major power breaks) or place a limiter like 'material must able to be normally safely handed by the power user'.

Well gloves under the Dusters would help with Poison Oak- Depleted Uranium not so much, plus you first have to handle the material to absorb it's properties and few would have access to D-U. I suppose protective arm wear or Control Radiation or other powers that would you allow you to handle it would be fine, if you can get your hands on it in the firt place. I think I need to add some clarity about the power - edit incoming.
taalismn
Priest

Thanks. It's an improvement. :)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

fbdaury wrote: edit incoming.
Looking forward to it.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I edited my About Face minor power to add a slight bonus to disguise which it did not have before but which it probably should have.

About Face (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

"You look a little down in the mouth."

This bizarre power allows the character to relocate their facial features. This gives them +4 to dodge being blinded and allows them to pull their face inside their mouth to see inside it, as well as relocate their point of vision to watch someone without turning their head, etc. The face does not change bone structure, it merely detaches the flesh to allow it to stretch around other parts of the head. Shifting the face uses one attack/action each time it is moved. This also allows the character a form of disguise by moving their features slightly to make them look different (adds +5% to disguise skill).
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I wrote up a bunch of new powers that I will be posting soon.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I wrote up a bunch of new powers that I will be posting soon.

Bring. It. On. :mrgreen:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I wrote up a bunch of new powers that I will be posting soon.

Bring. It. On. :mrgreen:

Oh I will. Some of the numbers may be wonky so hopefully I will get feedback.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Clockface: Analog (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character's face is covered by a round shield with hands and numbers on it like a clock. The shield is a form of bio-armor which the character can replicate and use for attack.

1. Bio-Armor Face Shield: The character's entire face is covered by a shield which cannot be removed, providing the character's face with a Natural AR of 16 (opponents must roll 17 or better to do damage to the face shield), and has 4d6X10 SDC which regenerates at a rate of 1d4 SDC per minute. The shield is hard and solid and can be used to head-butt opponents for 1d6 damage, plus an additional 2d6 slicing damage from the spinning clock hands which are blades. The character has a +1 strike bonus to perform the head-butt, which counts as a single attack/action. The shield also prevents the character from being blinded.

2. Matter Expulsion: Disc: The character can split off a layer of the shield's SDC (1d6X10 or 25% of the shield's total SDC) to form a second shield which can be used to bash for 2d6 damage or be shot from the character's face or thrown. If shot from the face as it splits off, the shield gets no bonus to strike and has a range of 200 feet, plus 20 additional feet per level, doing 4d6 slicing damage. If thrown, the character can use his PP bonus +2 to strike and has a range determined by the character's PS (the shield weighs ten pounds), doing 3d6 plus the character's PS bonus in damage. A disc can only be split off once per melee round and only three discs may be split off in a single encounter since the SDC has to have to regenerate. The character cannot leave his face unprotected by expelling all of the face shield's SDC.

3. Perfect Sense of Time: The character always knows what time it is down to the second without having to rely on outside sources. Bonus: +1 to initiative

4. Other Bonuses:
+2 attacks per melee round
+2 to PP
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Clockface: Digital (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character's face is covered by a visor which also displays the time like a digital clock, and which can shoot lasers.

1. Bio-Armor Visor: The character's eyes and nose are covered by an unremovable bio-armor visor which appears to be a digital clock. It provides the character's face with a Natual AR of 14 (opponents must roll a 15 or better to damage the visor) and it has 2d6X10 SDC which regenerates at a rate of 1d4 SDC per minute. As it is a hard metal, the character can use it to head-butt opponents for 1d6 damage, with a +1 to strike and an extra attack when using the visor to head-butt. The visor also prevents the character from being blinded and allows the character to see in the dark (range 50 feet).

2. Energy Expulsion: Laser: The visor can emit a laser beam which does 2d6 damage at level one, plus 1d6 additional damage per additional level, for a range of 200 feet at level one, plus 20 additional feet per additional level. The character is +2 to strike using the laser beam. Damage can be regulated starting at level 3 to do less than full damage (minimum damage being 1d6 with damage always being a multiple of 1d6).

3. Perfect Sense of Time: The character always knows what time it is down to the second without having to rely on outside sources. Bonus: +1 to initiative

4. Other Bonuses:
+2 attacks per melee round
Character only takes half damage from light and laser attacks
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Clockface Armor (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character's body is covered by clockfaces which overlap and form a type of armor. These discs can be detached and thrown.

1. Clock Armor: The character's body is covered by 1d4X100 clockfaces/discs which overlap to form armor. Each disc has 1d4X10 SDC. The armor as a whole provides a Natural AR of 16 (a roll of 17 or higher is required to hit the armor in order to do damage). The hands of each clockface spin like sawblades, doing 1d4 damage to any unprotected flesh or soft fabric striking the clockfaces. Solid weapons, however, will damage the hands/blades in the area hit on a successful strike. Loss of 10 discs due to damage or removal (see below) will reduce the AR by one point until they are reattached or regenerate.

2. Detachable Discs: The clockfaces/discs can be detached from the armor and thrown, spinning at a target. Detaching a single disc uses one melee attack/action and reduces the amount of protection the armor provides by its SDC. The discs can be thrown for a distance the character's PS allows and then will travel in an arc back to the character. Any targets hit by this throw will take 2d6 slicing damage from the spinning disc. If blocked or parried, caught and crushed, etc., the disc will take damage and may get destroyed if all the SDC of the disc is depleted. Or it may fly out of control and not return, lost discs fading out of existence after ten minutes if the character does not locate them. Discs unrecovered or destroyed cannot be reattached, so the character will not be able to regain lost SDC until they regenerate.

3. Regenerating Discs: Unrecovered lost discs or those that have been destroyed will reappear on the character's body after ten minutes. Damaged discs that have not been destroyed recover damage at a rate of 1d4 SDC per minute.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Someone had posted about a Gauntlet power a while back so here is my take on it:

Partial Bio-Armor: Gauntlet (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

One of the character's arms is encased in organic metal which can be reshaped ino various weapons.

1. Bio-Armor Arm: The character has one of his arms encased in organic metal which has a Natural AR of 16 (opponents must roll a 17 or better to do damage to the arm) and 2d6X10 SDC which regenerates at a rate of 1d4 per minute. It is resistant to heat and flame, taking only half damage. The arm can strike for 2d4 plus PS bonus damage and can be used to parry and block weapons even when not being used to form a weapon.

2. Reshaping Arm: The arm can be reshaped to form weapons at will, using one melee attack to change the arm's shape. Arms can only extend the reach of the arm by two feet, so the weapons formed are fairly short.
Blunt Weapons: The arm can be formed into blunt weapons which do 2d6 plus PS bonus blunt damage. Strikes with blunt weapons are +1 to strike plus any bonuses from PP and Weapon Proficiencies, and each attack uses one melee action.
Bladed Weapons: The arm can be formed into bladed weapons which do 3d6 plus PS bonus piercing and slicing damage. Strikes with blades weapons are +2 to strike plus any bonuses from PP and Weapon Proficiencies, and each attack uses one melee action.
Gun: The arm can be shaped into a gun which generates its own ammunition. The gun can shoot for a range of 200 feet plus 20 feet per level of experience. Damage of the bullet is determined at the time of firing, as the bullet can be different sizes depending on what the character wants, with a minimum damage of 1d6 and a maximum damage of 4d6. Only one bullet can be fired for each attack, but generating and firing the gun can be done as a single action. Weapon Proficiencies do not apply, bus the character is +4 to strike on an aimed shot (uses an extra action to aim) and +2 to strike wild.

3. Other Bonuses:
+2 attacks per melee
+2 ro initiative
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Partial Bio-Armor: Spiked Mask (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character's entire head is covered by an organic metal mask that cannot be removed. It provides's the character's head, neck and upper spine with a Natural AR of 18 (an opponent must roll a 19 or better to damage the mask) and has 4d6X10 SDC which regenerates at a rate of 1d4 SDC per minute. Since it is hard and spiked, the character can head-butt opponents for 2d6 piercing damage, or ram them for 4d6 damage (uses two attacks).
Other Bonuses: +1 attack per melee round

Partial Bio-Armor: Visor (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character's eyes and nose are covered by an organic metal visor which cannot be removed. It provides the character's face with a Natural AR of 14 (opponents must roll a 15 or better to do damage to the visor) and has 2d6X10 SDC which regenerates at a rate of 1d4 SDC per minute. The character can use it to head-butt opponents for 1d6 damage, with a +1 to strike and an extra attack to do so. The visor also prevents the character from being blinded and to see in the dark (range 50 feet).
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Clockface: Digital (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character's face is covered by a visor which also displays the time like a digital clock, and which can shoot lasers.s

I'm picturing this guy trying to wake up a team mate in the morning and suddenly getting a faceful of fist....
"Hey, Bob, why's Timex laying unconscious in your bedroom?"
"I hit his snooze button..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Clockface: Digital (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character's face is covered by a visor which also displays the time like a digital clock, and which can shoot lasers.s

I'm picturing this guy trying to wake up a team mate in the morning and suddenly getting a faceful of fist....
"Hey, Bob, why's Timex laying unconscious in your bedroom?"
"I hit his snooze button..."

:lol
Thanks
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Partial Bio-Armor: Spiked Mask (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character's entire head is covered by an organic metal mask that cannot be removed. It provides's the character's head, neck and upper spine with a Natural AR of 18 (an opponent must roll a 19 or better to damage the mask) and has 4d6X10 SDC which regenerates at a rate of 1d4 SDC per minute. Since it is hard and spiked, the character can head-butt opponents for 2d6 piercing damage, or ram them for 4d6 damage(uses two attacks).
Other Bonuses: +1 attack per melee round.

And it goes great with leather gear....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

A weird but great combo with the spiked mask would be immunity to disease! Think a medieval plague Doctor.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:A weird but great combo with the spiked mask would be immunity to disease! Think a medieval plague Doctor.

I'm already contemplating similar powers which have the bio-armor shaped as bird and animal heads that would work better for the plague doctor idea. Stay tuned!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Partial Bio-Armor: Hawk Head (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character's entire head is covered by an organic metal animal head that cannot be removed. It provides's the character's head, neck and upper spine with a Natural AR of 18 (an opponent must roll a 19 or better to damage the mask) and has 4d6X10 SDC which regenerates at a rate of 1d4 SDC per minute. Since it has a beak, it can do 3d6 pecking damage or 2d6 biting damage.
Other Bonuses: +2 attacks per melee round

Partial Bio-Armor: Big Cat Head (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
The character's entire head is covered by an organic metal animal head that cannot be removed. It provides's the character's head, neck and upper spine with a Natural AR of 18 (an opponent must roll a 19 or better to damage the mask) and has 4d6X10 SDC which regenerates at a rate of 1d4 SDC per minute. Since it has sharp teeth, it can do 4d6 biting damage.

The Hawk Head can be any type of bird the player desires, just as the Big Cat Head can be a dog or wolf head if the player wants.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Partial Bio-Armor: Feathered Wings (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

1.Bio-Armor Wings: The character has organic metal wings on his back which have a Natural AR of 16 and 4d6+20 SDC which regenerates at a rate of 1d4 SDC per minute. The character can use the wings for flight or wrap them around himself to provide protection against attack.

2. Flight: Winged-Revised: Same as the minor superability.
This is an optional system for figuring out flight speed for winged flight and customizing the power by type of wings.
Basics for all types of Wings: Wingspan is equal to 1 foot per 20 lbs of the character's weight; base speed is equal to the wingspan X10mph.
Typical Abilities and Bonuses:
+2 PB
+1 attack per melee
+2 strike and parry
+2 dodge under 20mph, +4 dodge between 21mph and 80mph, +6 dodge over 81mph
+4 damage per 20mph of flying speed
+40 SDC, plus each wing has the equivalent of 30 SDC
Wings heal at a rate of 1d4+4 per day
Limitations and Penalties:
Penalties When Wings are Restrained:
-1 initiative
-1 to strike
-1 attack per melee round
-1 parry and dodge
Speed reduced by 10%
Flight Endurance: PEX15 minutes
Maximum Speed: 240mph, plus 20mph per level of experience
Maximum Altitude: 8000 feet
Modifiers By Type:
Owl Wings: +2 initiative, +1 additional damage per 20mph(+5 per 20mph of speed total). Maximum Altitude: 8000 feet
Swallows' Wings: +1 to strike additional, Multiple Flyby Attacks, +2 disarm, +2 roll with punch, fall or impact. Maximum Altitude: 6000 feet
Hawk's Wings: Maximum Altitude: 25,000 feet. Can remain in flight as many hours as their PE attribute number. Incapable of hovering, base speed +60mph, +1 dodge under 20mph, +2 dodge between 21-40mph, +3 dodge between 41-60mph, +4 dodge between 61-90mph, +5 dodge over 91mph.

3. Feather Blades: The character's wings can shoot single feathers for 1d6 damage or in volleys of 3 for a total of 3d6 damage, for a distance of 500 feet, plus 50 feet per level of experience.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Partial Bio-Armor: Hawk Head (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character's entire head is covered by an organic metal animal head that cannot be removed. It provides's the character's head, neck and upper spine with a Natural AR of 18 (an opponent must roll a 19 or better to damage the mask) and has 4d6X10 SDC which regenerates at a rate of 1d4 SDC per minute. Since it has a beak, it can do 3d6 pecking damage or 2d6 biting damage.

Partial Bio-Armor: Big Cat Head (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
The character's entire head is covered by an organic metal animal head that cannot be removed. It provides's the character's head, neck and upper spine with a Natural AR of 18 (an opponent must roll a 19 or better to damage the mask) and has 4d6X10 SDC which regenerates at a rate of 1d4 SDC per minute. Since it has sharp teeth, it can do 4d6 biting damage.

The Hawk Head can be any type of bird the player desires, just as the Big Cat Head can be a dog or wolf head if the player wants.

And now if you were a Stargate fan now you to can play one of the Jaffa, but on the winning side this time.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:.
And now if you were a Stargate fan now you to can play one of the Jaffa, but on the winning side this time.
Yeah, I can see the similarities.
taalismn
Priest

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:[

Lump in the symbiotic power class and you can have a wiseass mutant tapeworm insulting your choice in television and food.
"I gave you the Powers of Horus for this #### for dinner? What do you think I am, a liver fluke?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Puggy fingers(minor) you have puggy fingers that you can extend to expose SHARP claws that can cause 1d4 damage, when the claws are retracted you can climb with a +16% chance of success or a base 35% if you don’t have the climbing skill. This is due to micro suction cups on your fingers that only work properly when the claws are retracted.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:Puggy fingers(minor) you have puggy fingers that you can extend to expose SHARP claws that can cause 1d4 damage, when the claws are retracted you can climb with a +16% chance of success or a base 35% if you don’t have the climbing skill. This is due to micro suction cups on your fingers that only work properly when the claws are retracted.
Claws and adhesion are already their own powers. I see no reason to combine them and give away two powers for the price of one. I think I wrote up a power you can use claws for climbing anyhow, so it is redundant.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”