Pilot Any?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SirSpamHammer
Explorer

Pilot Any?

Unread post by SirSpamHammer »

For my Tengu Body-Fixer. I am now picking out Secondary skills. Yet, when I was go through the mandatory O.C.C. Skills, I left PILOT ANY blank, because I couldn't figure what I wanted to drive or pilot at that stage. Now, that I'm onto Secondary skills, and it turns out I would like to have Horsmanship : Exotic Animals (I'm thinking of some sort of giant Insect....). Rather than use up one of the six slots I have for Secondary Skills on this one. I would like to go back to O.C.C. skills and use it here for this one.

But I'm not sure if that Pilot Any skill is just for vehicles and not for animals. I have inkling it's not, but it just doesn't make it clear. Some clarification is needed here.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Pilot Any?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

horsemanship was at one time a piloting skill (RMB1, original rifts core book)[the core book that the japan book was written for] so the horsemanship category of skills can be considered to be a sub-section of the piloting skills.
Make sure your GM is on the same page with this.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

Unread post by SirSpamHammer »

Yeah. The G.M was going to let me take Horsemanship General/Exotic Animal, but I decided to take Pilot Hovercraft instead.
There are no mutant insects in Rifts Japan. Even though it hints at Giant Insects as mounts on page 188. Because I had to source the Mutants Downunder and Mutants in Avalon to find what I wanted.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Thread title. I thought someone had an idea like mine. How in movies it seems operators and agents seem to be able to pilot anything. A skill Pilot: All
Pilot: All
If the character doesn't have the appropriate skill to pilot or ride something they may roll against this skill. It is unknown if the character is an idiot savant, plain lucky or so egotistical they refuse the idea they can't do something. But they have a higher chance than normal to pilot whatever they get in to.
20% +1% per level no bonuses (especially I.Q.)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”