Book Recommendations?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Book Recommendations?

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

No, not The Walking Dead. Get outta here with that.
I tried hard and just got too bored with Mark tufo's Zombie Fallout to finish his book. The main character reminded me too much of Alan Alda, and nobody would want that man to survive a zombie apocalypse.
Bailed quick on Feed by Mira Grant. The whole "blogger" angle deleted any tension before it began.

About the only zombie apocalypse series I managed to stick with so far was John Ringo's Black Tide Rising series.The man knows how to write action, and how to keep a ZA lively without too much snark nor allowing a series to descend into dark nihilism.
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Re: Book Recommendations?

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Cell by Stephen King is a pretty interesting take on the Zombie genre
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Fenris-77
Newb

Unread post by Fenris-77 »

I loved the Black Tide series, great stuff. Mind you, I'm a big Ringo fan anyway, so that was what I expected. Cell was also good,
plotulus
D-Bee

Unread post by plotulus »

Day By Day Armageddon is really awesome. It's about a Soldier who starts keeping a journal of what happens for his New Year Resolution. Then the apocalypse happens and it's a Zombie Apocalypse. The best part is that the main character is writing his journal well into the post apocalypse. Also the book is written in a Journal/Diary format.

Return to “Dead Reign™”