Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » All Things Palladium Books®

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Palladium Books® Staff

It is scheduled to ship by the end of July. Highlights include:

Treasures of the Megaverse® for Rifts® and other settings by Carl Gleba.
Operation Minotaur, an adventure for Beyond the Supernatural™ by Hendrik Härterich.
Half-Ogre race for Palladium Fantasy RPG® by Ian Herbert.
Prophet O.C.C. for Palladium Fantasy RPG® by Ian Herbert.
Hunter/Vigilante for Heroes Unlimited™ by Matt Reed.
The Superspy/Secret Operative for Heroes Unlimited™ by Matt Reed.
News, Coming Attractions, adventure ideas, and more.
96 pages – $14.99 retail – Cat. No. 183 – Ships end of July.

http://palladium-store.com/1001/product ... er-83.html

Alex Marciniszyn

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:31 pm

Adventurer

Comment: "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79
"Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81
"Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
woo hoo! Two, count em, Two expanded power categories!

With this, almost all of the special training categories have been revised, all save the ancient master

and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:19 am

D-Bee

Why not Ancient Master too? So looking forward to The Rifter 83 btw!

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:23 am

Adventurer

I haven't decided what I'd do with it. There's an open hand fighter in Rifts China 2 I think that really does some nice updated Chi stuff. I feel most likely I'd just crib that. So in short, IDK what I'd do that's both interesting and new.

and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:40 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
zerombr wrote:
I haven't decided what I'd do with it. There's an open hand fighter in Rifts China 2 I think that really does some nice updated Chi stuff. I feel most likely I'd just crib that. So in short, IDK what I'd do that's both interesting and new.

This is what I like to hear from a writer. I can't come up with something that isn't rehashed and half-@$$'d so I'm not going to waste your time. There are a few movie and TV reboots coming out that I wish would take this approach.

The one I have been looking forward to is the Superspy, but since I have never used the hunter / vigilante in a game before I am looking to see if you managed to make them more interesting.

Ultimate Insider - World Book 33: Northern Gun 1
Ultimate Insider - World Book 34: Northern Gun 2
Proud Showdown Level Backer - Robotech RPG Tactics

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Adventurer

I like both of course. The hunter is really about prep time. The more you watch someone the more you can anticipate them. There's also a cool thematic move where if you pursue them well enough, you can show up to where they are going before them.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:08 pm

D-Bee

Just a short.. Does Rifter #83 have anything Rifts related in it? I am not seeing on your list, but I figured it didn't hurt to double check. As always, Thank you for your time.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:47 pm

Adventurer

the treasures of the megaverse, it seems

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:53 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Janos2001 wrote:
Just a short.. Does Rifter #83 have anything Rifts related in it? I am not seeing on your list, but I figured it didn't hurt to double check. As always, Thank you for your time.

According to the press release Treasures of the Megaverse by Gleba is for Rifts but that appears to be it. Normally you have articles with monsters or magic that you can use in Rifts even if it is for one of the other games so maybe Hendrik's adventure has something as well.

Ultimate Insider - World Book 33: Northern Gun 1
Ultimate Insider - World Book 34: Northern Gun 2
Proud Showdown Level Backer - Robotech RPG Tactics

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:21 am

D-Bee

Warshield73 wrote:
Janos2001 wrote:

According to the press release Treasures of the Megaverse by Gleba is for Rifts but that appears to be it. Normally you have articles with monsters or magic that you can use in Rifts even if it is for one of the other games so maybe Hendrik's adventure has something as well.

Thank you most kindly.. Hopefully there will be something tasty in that.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:40 am

Rifter® Contributer

Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.
Hiya Janos2001,

I don't know how edited my article will have found it's way into The Rifter. My guess is, however, you should find some monsters in Operation Minotaur :-D , which can be adapted for Rifts.

Spoiler:
You can change the story so that it becomes "Rifts-ey", for example by making it a Coalition (or insert any fraction that you designate as the bad guys) occupied area. It's Indiana Jones plus The Dirty Dozen on a horror trip. It is most easily adapted to Ninjas & Superspies (just put in some martial arts and turn it into a 1940s James Bond thing), Nightbane (for example as a Dreamstream Horror sequence), Dead Reign (the villains could be a Zombie Master plus zombies or other cult), etc. It can most easily be made into a modern day BtS game or, if you want to keep the WW2 flair, even be inserted into a modern day game as a feels-real-and-may-be-deadly illusion by an evil arcanist or a monster as a "mind-game" (Nightbane has some great stuff in the fantastic Between the Shadows book on Dreamstreams and Astral Domains). You could also take a leaf from "Purple Rose of Cairo" and let the players go into a movie theatre and they are drawn into the "movie". :-)

Hope you have fun with it and enjoy reading it.

Kindest regards
Hendrik

ImageImage
left: horror art (by Brandon C. Clark); right: "Gents"(by Mike Mumah!)