Savage Rifts wave 2 announced!!!

Welcome to the Palladium Books destination for all things Savage Rifts™. Please keep conversions to items, people, etc found in the various Rifts books and/or Savage Rifts books.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: Savage Rifts wave 2 announced!!!

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Supergyro wrote:
Jason Richards wrote: I say this as someone with first hand knowledge. The new KS, or whatever platform is used, will be run by Pinnacle at the right time. Last year, Pinnacle ran KS campaigns in April, so that seems like a reasonable guess.

This was said about April... 2018...

I think now that it's January 2019, its fair to say this "reasonable guess" was not terribly accurate.

Right now the question is not whether there would be a delay, it's about what is *causing* a very obvious delay.

The change to the landscape was the announcement of the new Savage Worlds edition. The Savage Rifts release is being held back a bit to fall into line with the new rules. The line managers are actively playtesting it; they were at PAX South running games, in fact.

I'm always happy to provide whatever insight I can into these sorts of things, wherever I can. I don't check here THAT often because there isn't much traffic, but you can always email me, hit me up on Facebook or Twitter, or whatever. This just seems like another kinda passive aggressive post about a question that could easily have been answered, not just by me, but by almost anyone who follows Savage Worlds and/or Savage Rifts. Have a little faith! The new SR books are gonna be great (I really like what I have read of them, fwiw), and Pinnacle has done nothing as a publisher to give cause for doubt. They're the hottest non-Wizards guys/gals out there right now, and a big reason is because they deliver so reliably.

Peace.

Jason
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Supergyro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Supergyro »

Jason Richards wrote:This just seems like another kinda passive aggressive post about a question that could easily have been answered, not just by me, but by almost anyone who follows

But it was asked, and answered by you. Another answer was given by Kevin Simbeida in a weekly update later that year, one of his famous 'Don't quote me, but it's likely we'll see the Kickstarter by December 2018' answers. Just how many people are we supposed to get answers from?

It was answered repeatedly, and incorrectly.

I guess the thing is... can you take off your propaganda hat and just be honest for a change? If you're not involved and don't know anything, that's fair. If you're just doing playtesting but not in the loop on the higher level decisions, that's ok too. I'm sure we'd love to hear about whatever in your playtesting you can *honestly* tell us. Be honest in your statements on exactly how you're involved or not involved and speak to that. Vague claims of "First hand knowledge" or "From what I've read fwiw" are meaningless. More meaningful is.. exactly what have you read and why was it given to you to read? When was it given to you?

But please stop taking pages from The Kevin Simbeida "all vague enthusiasm no substance" book of publishing discussion and fan relations, that is a bad book to take advice from regarding these things.
"The key is your mind, control and master it. Doing that will not only master your body, but also enable you to shape the world around you to your every desire."

---Said by a Psyscape teacher to a class of Psi Warriors
---Said by a Mindwerks technician, before he drills the hole in your skull
blackwingedheaven
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by simple stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Unread post by blackwingedheaven »

The Kickstarter date for Savage Rifts Wave 2 has been announced! The new books are coming to KS on April 16, and will include updates of Savage Rifts to the new SW edition! This is great news! ^_^

Official Pinnacle Announcement Link
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

FINGODDAMALLY!

Looks like we are getting a version two on the wave one stuff to get it up to swade standard im ok with that.
Jason Richards

Really looking forward to y'all getting to see these new books. Some very faithful conversions and some slightly new takes on things. Should be lots of fun!
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

blackwingedheaven
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by simple stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Jason Richards wrote:Really looking forward to y'all getting to see these new books. Some very faithful conversions and some slightly new takes on things. Should be lots of fun!

We're all looking forward to it too! And if y'all wind up needing any freelancers, I'm always available. XD
Jason Richards

blackwingedheaven wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:Really looking forward to y'all getting to see these new books. Some very faithful conversions and some slightly new takes on things. Should be lots of fun!

We're all looking forward to it too! And if y'all wind up needing any freelancers, I'm always available. XD

Ha. I'm just a dude along for the ride in this one! Played a very small freelance role.

jcfiala
D-Bee

Unread post by jcfiala »

Well, the new kickstarter is live and already funded, I think - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/54 ... escription .
-----
John Fiala
Will Run Conventions for Food
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

Well that got funded in 7 minutes nice.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

$92,500 in one day ain't bad!
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
blackwingedheaven
Megaversal® Ambassador

Whew. $120,000 in two days! That's not quite the rate of the first one, but it's pretty damn good. They just keep blowing through stretch goals. =)
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

$216k with 5 hours left to go. 2 more unlocks. I'm rather hoping for the revised North America map to get unlocked ($14k to go).

EDIT: and it got unlocked, just barely! Yay!
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Jason Richards

Just an incredibly successful, well run campaign.

zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Jason Richards wrote:Just an incredibly successful, well run campaign.

I agree... been happy with everything they have done so far with this!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
blackwingedheaven
Megaversal® Ambassador

The playtest version of the revised player's guide just dropped for backers this week. Any thoughts on the changes from the previous version?

Return to “Savage Rifts™”