Question about Time Line of Rifts Earth and The 3Gs

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Silvananthus
D-Bee

Question about Time Line of Rifts Earth and The 3Gs

Unread post by Silvananthus »

I am trying to figure out when the events of Megaverse in Flames (Rifts Earth) occurs in relation to the Dimension Books 10 (Hades) 11 (Dyval) 12 (Dimensional Outbreak) (Three Galaxies) has anyone been able to resolve when events occur in Post Apocalyptic Calendar on Earth with relation to the Galactic Calendar in the Three Galaxies? Any help would be much appreciated on when these coordinated attacks begin on Rifts Earth and Phaseworld .
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Question about Time Line of Rifts Earth and The 3Gs

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

they are two different dimensions, and time may not flow the same there as in rifts earth's, so i'm not sure you can compare them directly.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Silvananthus
D-Bee

glitterboy2098 wrote:they are two different dimensions, and time may not flow the same there as in rifts earth's, so i'm not sure you can compare them directly.

Yeah I thought about that, but both settings have timelines of how things progress with the "Minion War" and respectively the "taut offensive" is what started the whole "Minion War" in earnest. I want to get some context for when certain events happen and I can extrapolate from there. I am running a campaign and I am thinking that the PCs will probably wind up visiting Phaseworld during the invasion. I am trying to figure out the relationship between events happening on Phaseworld and events happening on Rifts Earth. If I can't extrapolate from the books I will just arbitrarily decide as the GM, but I am trying to stick to the metaplot for this one. Sticking to the plot is usually easier on me as the GM.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

The Minion War could be the event that postpones the seemingly inevitable 2nd Galactic War between the CCW and the TGE...
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Look at some of the CS & other reports in MViF (p. 8-11) one can surmise the 'start' of the Rifts-Earth Demon Invasions start shortly before mid-December 109 P.A. or thereabouts. But your campaign can have them starting earlier, establishing a beachhead, gathering forces both from their dimensions & on Rifts-Earth, before the dates in the reports.
I agree with glitterboy, time in either/both Hades & Dyval can move at different 'speeds' than Rifts-Earth or HU-Earth.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Silvananthus
D-Bee

BookWyrm wrote:Look at some of the CS & other reports in MViF (p. 8-11) one can surmise the 'start' of the Rifts-Earth Demon Invasions start shortly before mid-December 109 P.A. or thereabouts. But your campaign can have them starting earlier, establishing a beachhead, gathering forces both from their dimensions & on Rifts-Earth, before the dates in the reports.
I agree with glitterboy, time in either/both Hades & Dyval can move at different 'speeds' than Rifts-Earth or HU-Earth.

I just found that blurb about the shifter that is talking with Thoth. I appreciate your help. I was hoping to be able to find an instance that I could use to orient myself in the Timeline of Phase World and the Timeline of Rifts Earth. It appears that the blurb about the shifter coming back and reporting on things going on in Hades is just what I needed. Thanks again to everybody for the help!
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Silvananthus wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:they are two different dimensions, and time may not flow the same there as in rifts earth's, so i'm not sure you can compare them directly.

Yeah I thought about that, but both settings have timelines of how things progress with the "Minion War" and respectively the "taut offensive" is what started the whole "Minion War" in earnest. I want to get some context for when certain events happen and I can extrapolate from there. I am running a campaign and I am thinking that the PCs will probably wind up visiting Phaseworld during the invasion. I am trying to figure out the relationship between events happening on Phaseworld and events happening on Rifts Earth. If I can't extrapolate from the books I will just arbitrarily decide as the GM, but I am trying to stick to the metaplot for this one. Sticking to the plot is usually easier on me as the GM.

Do the books have actual timelines and tables or do you mean a bunch of references peppered in a haphazard fashion across the fluff of the books? Because one thing is far simpler to deal with than the other. :lol:
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Knife Master in Phase World is from Wormwood, and we know from Tarn's trip that 6 months might end up being 2 years by the time you get back, although the easier explanation for that is saying time might occasionally freeze when you travel through a rift.
SolCannibal
Champion

Axelmania wrote:Knife Master in Phase World is from Wormwood, and we know from Tarn's trip that 6 months might end up being 2 years by the time you get back, although the easier explanation for that is saying time might occasionally freeze when you travel through a rift.

I tend to prefer the second explanation, as it gives the GM freedom in the matter of occasionally messing with the passage of time but no obligation/worry about ratios & such.

Knife Master? Good, good, could you give a page reference? Wormwood native in the 3Gs is something too juicy not to tinker with for a game.
Axelmania
Knight

He's the masked guy in the NPC section at start of DB2
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Silvananthus wrote:I am trying to figure out when the events of Megaverse in Flames (Rifts Earth) occurs in relation to the Dimension Books 10 (Hades) 11 (Dyval) 12 (Dimensional Outbreak) (Three Galaxies) has anyone been able to resolve when events occur in Post Apocalyptic Calendar on Earth with relation to the Galactic Calendar in the Three Galaxies? Any help would be much appreciated on when these coordinated attacks begin on Rifts Earth and Phaseworld .

Does it say anywhere that the portals from 3G to Rifts Earth are relative? There could be time dialation.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Axelmania
Knight

I seem to recall something about the Minion War being responsible for sending demons 1-2 centuries backward in time where they showed up in Chaos Earth too... can't remember where though.
SolCannibal
Champion

Axelmania wrote:I seem to recall something about the Minion War being responsible for sending demons 1-2 centuries backward in time where they showed up in Chaos Earth too... can't remember where though.

That sounds familiar indeed, damn.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”