Invented Spells

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Invented Spells

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:Run! It’s the attack of the lufahs!
*Create Sponge Golem(Ritual)
You, my friend, have way too much free time.

True, all too painfully true...I just found out that, thanks to the latest budget, they cut an hour off my weekly four-hour reference desk position...just when I needed to buy a new computer, and I was down to that one job. So I now have even more time to go mad by inches...

I never thought I'd hear myself say it...but I MISS working 30 hours a week... :(

So, yeah, 'Create Cardboard Golem' is probably next...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

As threatened....

Create Cardboard Golem(Ritual)
Level: 8
Type: Ritual
Range: Touch
Duration: Exists until destroyed
Saving Throw: None
PPE Cost: 190
Effects:
This spell allows the caster to create an animated servant made of cardboard.
To create, the caster first assembles a roughly humanoid form out of cardboard boxes, tubes, and sheets of cardboard. They then create a heart-shape of sheepskin, studded with garnets, and drip several drops of their own blood into it before putting it in an envelope, sealed and stamped again with their blood, and placed in the center of the golem, activating it and bringing it to psuedo-life.
Most Golemancers and serious mages do not consider this spell to be a proper golem creation spell, seeing it as little more than a different version of the Animate Clothing spell. Ludicrous Mages, however, insist that its permanence aspect firmly puts it up there with Doughboys and Action Figure Golems in the (admittedly low) tiers of golemancy.

Cardboard Golem
(aka ‘Box Golem’, ‘Paper’bot’)

“Got another report of somebody losing a package because somebody stole the mailing golem off their porch.”

A roughly humanoid construct of cardboard, animated by magic. Boxes, shipping envelopes and tubes, toilet paper cores, and egg cartons are all common elements in Cardboard Golem construction. Cardboard Golems are mute and very simple-minded; they can carry out simple, rote tasks, and can go to assigned locations, but they lack the intuition and initiative, as well as the strength and durability, to make effective combatants.
Cardboard Golems are arguably the weakest of golems(even the most liberal golemancers scoff at rumors of ‘pasta golems’). They aren’t considered good servants, because a swamped floor can easily turn their legs to mush, and encounters with tabletop candles can easily set them on fire. Still, they do have their uses and their adherents, who use them for such things as early warning and courier tasks(being hollow, they can be used to store and transport items inside their frames). And though most mages consider it a waste of time and creativity, there are those who research and implement upgrades to the golems, giving them some surprising capabilities. Ludicrous Mages and TechnoWizards make more use of them than any other mages because the materials to make them are fairly easy to come by, they’re easy to make, and are low investment(if they get destroyed, it’s easy to replace them). Many institute and company mailrooms and warehouses in Lazlo make extensive use of Cardboard Golems because of the ready availability of materials to make and repair them.

Size: 5-7 ft tall
Weight: Roughly 45-70 lbs
SDC: 60
Physical Attributes: I.Q. 3, P.S. 5, Speed: 12
Horror Factor: 8
Magic Abilities:
*Prowl---The light weight and corrugated cardboard construction of the golem give it quiet movement and a Prowl skill of 75%.

*Regeneration----Regenerates at a rate of 8 SDC per hour. 10 SDC per hour if in a paper-rich environment.

*Compactible---The Cardboard Golem can be compacted and folded flat for easy stiorage until needed, or can be squashed down to 1-2 inches high(as long as nothing is in it) to be slid through narrow openings(the golem cannot do this on its own).

*Takes HALF damage from physical impact and blunt-force attacks. Cardboard Golems can be pounded flat and can still bounce back the next melee round.

*Immune to toxins, poisons, psionics and bio-manipulation magic.

*Cargo Space---The Cardboard Golem has hollow internal spaces inside its torso and head that can hold up to 40 lbs, in addition to what it can carry in its arms.

Vulnerabilities:
*Clumsy----Box Golems’ hands are poorly suited for dexterity and cannot do fine work, and are only capable of the most basic grasping and grappling.

*Takes DOUBLE damage from water- and fire-based attacks.

*Lightweight---A good stiff wind in excess of 25 MPH is enough to send the golem flying end over end.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 3
+1 Dodge
+2 Roll
Punch/Kick/Body Block/Slap does 1d4 SDC
Paper Cut does 1d6 SDC

Options:
These are abilities that be added at the time of creation of the golem. Multiple special abilities can be added, as long as the PPE is available.

*(Spell) Water-Seal---Proofs the golem against water damage by essentially magically laminating it. Water-based attacks do NO damage. 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Magic Courier---The same as Magic Pigeon, only the Cardboard Golem can’t fly(unless the Overnight Delivery option is also taken). This allows the golem to be programmed to find and go to specific people. 40 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Rush Delivery---Allows the golem to run faster(Spd 44, or 30 MPH, and +6 to dodge while going flat-out). 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Overnight Delivery---Allows the golem to -fly-(50 MPH, +2 to dodge). Cardboard wings are a typical feature of golems thus equipped. 50 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Fireproofing---Fits the golem with the equivalent of fire-retardant linings. Supposedly inspired by pre-Rifts airliner containment bags meant for holding combusting personal electronics. Fire does NO damage to the golem. 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Boxing---This gives the Golem the ability to create, out of thin air, multiple boxes that it can drop on objects and people. If put around a person, they can be used to temporarily restrain and confuse them(though the boxes only have 10 SDC each). Boxes last 12 hours. The golem can create as many boxes per melee as it has APMs. 60 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Paper Airplane Daggers---Probably one of the most elaborate and powerful augmentations available to the Cardboard Golem, and likely the result of a Ludicrous Mage wanting some payback for a snub paid his corrugated paper creations. This power-up requires a tube-limb or tube-finger, with a piece of thick paper inscribed with some hurtful, insulting, writing(pages from discarded insult dictionaries are a favorite) on it inserted within. When magically empowered, the tube can now generate and shoot paper airplane daggers, that unfold as they are propelled out of the tube by a modified Wind Rush sub-spell. Paper airplane daggers have a range of 75 ft, are +1 to strike and can do 3d6 SDC damage to a target. The golem can shoot as many airplane daggers as it has APMs. 46 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Scale Tipper---This spell add-on allows the lightweight golem to hunker down, by magically increasing its weight by as much 100 lbs for as long as two minutes at a time. 8 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Repel Animals---Added to some golems meant to act as couriers. Keeps dogs and other animals from attacking the courier. Keeps them at least 30 ft away. 14 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Sense Traps---A handy spell add-on for mailroom golems, this spell allows the golem to touch a box, letter, or maling envelope, and determine if it is concealing an explosive device or other dangerous mechanism. CANNOT sense poisons or magic booby-traps. Typically will start shaking violently if it ‘alerts’. 14 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) X-Ray Scan---Another mailroom golem option. It requires two clear quartz crystals of at least 50 credits value to be attached to the inside of one of the boxes(usually the headpiece)making up the golem, with pinholes on the outside surface. Can see through cardboard and wood up to 10 ft away in one melee, metal in two melee rounds. Typically will start shaking violently if it ‘sees’ pre-assigned proscribed objects. 50 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Detect Poison---Another good mailroom golem option. This requires a hollow tube to act as an artificial ‘nose’ to hold near suspect objects. It will be set off if it detects signs of poisons(the template of what is poisonous is based on the caster’s physiology, so users of this option will typically have several mages take part in casting the poison-sensing protocol....at the same PPE cost for each...or make several different golems to scent for poisos). 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Hmmm, maybe there is a Tailor Mage spell to create a dirty sweatsock golem.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

The rumors of the Pasta Golem are generally attributed to two stories...one was of a humanoid construct of linguine that supposedly terrorized a bistro when a mage became upset with the service he got. This story is generally discredited as a misidentified application of TK(or possibly a Water Elemental Summoned out of a cauldron of boiling pasta noodles). The other tale generally has a evil high mage threatening a group of adventurers with a 'strangler golem' summoned from his magic cauldron...in reality, the mage had been surprised in his dining room and animated his lunch to attack the intruders, rather than order a pre-crafted golem from the shadows...and the construct's reign of terror only lasted until the ork member of the party ate it.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

A pasta golem using sheets of dried lasagna for scale armor.
inscribed them with marinara, alfredo, or pesto runes for an indestructible magic paper effect.
Man..given all the different shapes of pasta you could have so many special abilities just by switching things out!
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:A pasta golem using sheets of dried lasagna for scale armor.
inscribed them with marinara, alfredo, or pesto runes for an indestructible magic paper effect.
Man..given all the different shapes of pasta you could have so many special abilities just by switching things out!

True, but I meant it as a joke...
However...
Since I seem to be on a golemancy jag(I'm toying with rubber golems...), several things occur to me:
1) The Age of a Thousand Magicks. So many spells and schools were presumed lost, destroyed...what if obscure texts came back to light? Or parallel research efforts? Yeah...maybe some things should -remain- forgotten...for the old school mages' sanity's sake.

2) Modernized Magery...Combining modern data recording and dissemination methods with traditional magery may encourage mages to pursue obscure, even silly, ideas. Thus, a suitably inspired Cooking Mage(and we know, thanks to the Rifter article on Megadamage Chefs, that they CAN exist) might try their hand at creating their own golems in the kitchen(where, face it, modern chemistry essentially started...and alchemy as well).

3) Revolution--Those old-school magick schools and orders who survived the slaughter of the fall of the Ao1KM are just so snooty and haughty, dictating what can and cannot be done. Time to take then down a notch. Time to drive those hidebound Golemancers crazy with a slew of new golem types, even if some of them don't last very long(Especially those made by the Kitchen Mages...between the Gingerbread Man Uprising and the Devils Food Cake Monster, it's just hard to take them seriously anymore...or keep the inches off the waistline)! Let's murder some sacred cows!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Here's some more, of lighter content...

Buzzing Annoyance(Invocation)
Level: 1
Type: Invocation
Range: 60 ft +10 ft per level of experience
Duration: 1 minute(4 melees) per level of experience
Saving Throw: Standard
PPE Cost: 2
Effects:
This spell generates an intermittent buzzing sound, like that of a large fly, hornet, or mosquito, that persistently harries the target, varying in intensity and in direction, but just out of sight. On a failed save vs magic, the victim loses -1 initiative and -1 APM as they try to locate, slap, or avoid what sounds like the B-52 of bloodsucking or stinging insects trying to land in their ear. Because of its magic nature, this spell DOES affect those with augmented/baffled hearing and/or hearing protection, such as earmuffs and sealed helmets.

Hard Drip(Invocation)
Level: 2
Range: 60 ft +10 ft per level of experience
Duration: 3 minutes per level of experience
PPE Cost: 3
Effects:
Developed as a variant of the Ludicrous Magic spell Water Dump, Hard Drip, instead of dumping a whole bucket of water on the victim at once, hits them with a large, cold, annoying drop from seemingly nowhere over a protracted period of time. The drop hits with the force of a hard finger poke or tap, and is sleet-cold. This can be, with a failed save, akin to slow water torture, as the sudden cold water quickly becomes distracting and annoying, as the water drips over the target’s eyes, gets into their ears, and dribbles down their neck. -1 to initiative per melee the spell is in effect. Even when not actively dripping, the -anticipation- of the next drop can prove just as annoying. Even if the target is wearing a helmet, the droplet will still hit, and if the person is upside down or facing up, the drops will hit them in the face. Sealed EBA -will- protect the person against the effects of this spell.
A successful save means that the drip is simply ignored, or, under the right circumstances(such as hot weather), might be pleasurable.
The water drops do no physical damage to most beings, but do 1d4 HP damage per melee to vampires.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

taalismn wrote:True, but I meant it as a joke...
However...
Since I seem to be on a golemancy jag(I'm toying with rubber golems...), several things occur to me:

I think this would have to be for a modern game because ancient cultures didn't have the technology to make rubber. The best you could hope for (imho) is a golem made of cooled/hardened tree sap or tar.

taalismn wrote:1) The Age of a Thousand Magicks. So many spells and schools were presumed lost, destroyed...what if obscure texts came back to light? Or parallel research efforts? Yeah...maybe some things should -remain- forgotten...for the old school mages' sanity's sake.

While I never play magic (or psi either really) based characters (because of the ppe/isp accounting ughh math) I do really enjoy reading about them. I've really gotten a kick out of these last couple Golem spells you posted and would be interested in a class of magic specializing in creating Golems out of any and everything regardless of how nonsensical it may be. ( grass clippings? leaves, sticks, bark? anything you can find enough of to assemble a humanoid shape? sure, why not!)

taalismn wrote:2) Modernized Magery...Combining modern data recording and dissemination methods with traditional magery may encourage mages to pursue obscure, even silly, ideas. Thus, a suitably inspired Cooking Mage(and we know, thanks to the Rifter article on Megadamage Chefs, that they CAN exist) might try their hand at creating their own golems in the kitchen(where, face it, modern chemistry essentially started...and alchemy as well).

3) Revolution--Those old-school magick schools and orders who survived the slaughter of the fall of the Ao1KM are just so snooty and haughty, dictating what can and cannot be done. Time to take then down a notch. Time to drive those hidebound Golemancers crazy with a slew of new golem types, even if some of them don't last very long(Especially those made by the Kitchen Mages...between the Gingerbread Man Uprising and the Devils Food Cake Monster, it's just hard to take them seriously anymore...or keep the inches off the waistline)! Let's murder some sacred cows!

Cooking Magic and kitchen golems YYEESSSS!!!! Golems made of pots and pans, stale loaves of bread, vegetables (Like that one in The Tale of Despereaux), a wood burning stove with pipe for limbs!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

I believe the Rifters had an article on Golemancy and adding features to Golems...I don't remember if they made Golemancers a class unto themselves or just dealt with creating golems as a subset of other magic OCCs.

But my favorite is still High Cookery, though it's lacking in food/cooking specific spells...it's more like a potions master or mystic herbalist, only food is used as the focus, especially baked goods(seeing as we have Bakery Magic on this thread, it fits very well indeed).

Thing is, I imagine quite a few mage schools have attempted at least temporary animations of various substances...Though permanence(or at least longevity) and some degree of intelligence and semi-autonomous action makes the PROPER golem.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Okay...here's the Bond Mage to go with my Bond Magic spells:
(as always, feedback and suggestions are welcome)

Bond Mage OCC(aka ‘Link-Mage’, ‘Dominizard’)

“ (*Awaken) I have use for you. No, don’t pretend to still be asleep. You know as I do how long recovery from the stasis-spell takes. (*Cleanse*Refresh*) Stand up. Humiliated? Feeling self-conscious? I see no reason to store you fully dressed. You know, Fhadiza, that had our little duel gone differently, you’d be doing the same to me. You were so fond of tormenting me with the harness you were going to make me wear when you won. It turns out it fits you so much better. Those of Greater Will Command. It is the way of our Order. As I said, I have use for you. I have visitors who need a guide to the city. I can’t spare the time to personally attend to them, so you will be my instrument and you will guide them. However, you are merely the extension of my will. Need I remind you not to try anything? You -know- I will be watching and listening. That -was- the first thing you taught me when we were Odivar’s students.”

The Bond Mage is a practitioner of magic who specializes in establishing mystic bonds between beings. They study the linking and manipulation of life force energies, including the paramechanics of Familiar linkages, possession, and similar magicks. Bond Mages can also discern the signs of magic links and even disrupt them with touch-contact.
Bond Mages tend to study magic that allows them to manipulate the life energies and mental attitudes of others at a distance. They rarely show interest in magicks that affect the inanimate, preferring to commune with and influence the living. Bond Mages focus more on contacting and manipulating the regular people and animals around them; they seldom exhibit any interest in making deals or links with extradimensional entities, or getting inside their heads. They frequently find employment conducting marriages(for those seeking more intimate association), communications(giving members of a party the ability to communicate through a bond), Familiar-bindings, punishment-bondings, and exorcisms.
Bond Mages typically build up ‘retinues’ of associates, servants, or slaves Bonded to them. This small network allows them to become, in many cases, surprisingly powerful.

Special Abilities of the Bond Mage:
*Bond Magic----Bond Mages can cast Bond Magic spells at 50% of listed PPE cost. The Bond Mage starts out with the Bond Magic spell Bond of Communication, and can learn/intuit one additional Bond Magic spell each level of experience. They can also learn spells in the usual fashion, provided opportunity and resources.

*Bond Affinity---Bond Mages are better able to handle the strain of multiple Bonds with different people. Can establish Bonds with a different person for every 3 points of M.E., plus one additional individual for every 2 levels of experience.

*Detect Magic Links---Bond Mages can sense the presence of active lifeforce linkages, including Bonds, possession, mind-control magic, and vampire thralls. 65%+5% per per level of experience, and range is line of sight.

*Disrupt Magic Links---With a touch, the Bond Mage can temporarily disrupt a Bond or a link, such as a Domination spell, and including a Shifter’s or Witch’s link to their supernatural patron. If the linkage is voluntary, the person will get a save versus the disrupting touch. If the save fails, the link-spell is disrupted for as many melee rounds as the Bond Mage’s M.E.
In the case of Possession, the possessing entity, not the host body, rolls against the Bond Mage.
This ability costs the Bond Mage NO PPE to perform.

Initial Spell Knowledge:
In addition to Bond Magic, Bond Mages tend to focus on spells that affect life energies or allow them to manipulate others’ biology, ideally at a distance. Unless otherwise noted, these cost PPE as normal.
Starts with:
Befuddle
Locate
Distant Voice
Ley Line Transmission
Fear
Charm
Familiar Link(costs only 22 PPE for the BondMage, and penalties are only HALF)

Each level of experience, the Bond Mage will be able to figure out a new spell equal to his or her level of achievement/experience. Of course, additional spells may be learned or purchased at at any time regardless of the character’s experience level.

Additional Spell Magic for Bond Mages:
Agony
Second Sight
Mental Shock
Life Drain
Memory Bank
Exorcism
Sickness
Aura of Doom
Mute
Words of Truth
Cloud Animal Mind
Tame Beast
Summon and Control Canines
Summon and Control Insects
Summon and Control Animals
Summon and Control Rodents
Summon and Control Sea Serpents
Summon Greater Familiar
Enemy Mind
Compulsion
Lifeblast
Instill Knowledge
Influence the Beast
Domination
Death Curse
Weight of Duty
Blind
Paralysis: Lesser
Life Source
Constrain Being

The Bond Mage can learn other spells outside this list/theme, but those will cost 50% MORE(round up) of their normal PPE to cast. Few Bond Mages bother learning spells of other disciplines.

Base PPE: 2d6x10 +P.E. . Add 2d6 PPE per level of experience
Supplemental Sources of PPE: Bond Mages can draw upon ambient PPE and that of sacrifices in the usual manner, but their ability to establish Bonds also allows them to potentially draw upon the PPE of Bond-members.

O.C.C. Bonuses: +3 save vs Horror Factor, +3 save vs possession, + 1 save vs magic and mind control at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, and 12. +1 to Spell Strength at levels 2, 4, 8, and 12.

Bond Mage O.C.C.
Alignment: Any. Good-aligned Bond Mages are often called upon to officiate marriages and other bonding rituals, and seek to improve the lives of people through bringing them closer together. Evil Bond Mages are prone to be slavers, leashing people mystically against their will.
Attribute Requirements: Minimum M.E. of 14.

O.C.C. Skills:
Language: Native tongue at 98%
Three of choice (+10%)
Literacy: Native language (+30%)
Two of choice (+15%)
Math: Basic(+10%)
Lore: Magic(+15%)
Psychology(+5%)
First Aid(+10%)
Hand to Hand: Basic (Can be upgraded to Expert at the cost of one ‘other’ skill, or Martial Arts or Assassin---if of Evil alignment---for the cost of two skills).
OCC Related Skills: Select 6 ‘other skills at Level One, plus an additional two at levels 3, 6, 9 and 12.
Communications: Any
Cowboy: None
Domestic: Any
Electrical: Basic only
Espionage: Intelligence only(+10%)
Horsemanship: General and Exotic Animals only(+10%)
Mechanical: Basic Mechanics only
Medical: Paramedic and Holistic only(+10%)
Military: None
Physical: Any, except boxing and acrobatics
Pilot: Any, except aircraft, robots, and power armor.
Pilot Related: Any
Rogue: Any
Science: Math, Astronomy and Biology only
Technical: Any
Wilderness: Wilderness Survival only(costs two skills)
Weapons Proficiencies(W.P.): Any, except Heavy Weapons

Secondary Skills: Select 6 secondary skills without bonuses.

Experience Tables: Use the Summoner Tables

Standard Equipment:
Set of ceremonial robes
Light Body Armor(seldom wears heavier armor)
Several sets of restraints/handcuffs or rope ties.
Several packs of chalk sticks, candles, portable brazier, small silver-bladed knife.
Pocket digital recorder/player
Several bags of food appropriate for any Familiars.
Weapons to suit any W.P.s taken(Bond Mages favor stun or incapacitation weapons, the better to bring down animals and opponents who can be spell-controlled or ritually dominated later).
Starting Money: 1d8x1,000 credits, plus 2d6x1,000 credits in barterable goods. Using their networks of contacts and Bonds, Bond Mages can easily increase their personal fortunes quite quickly.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

(a small pile of sentence fragments is all the evidence that remains that tells that the Redundancy Hound has been here)
Last edited by taalismn on Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Illos for the Cardboard Golem up on my Photobucket site:
http://s408.photobucket.com/user/taalismn/library/?sort=3&page=1
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

You double posted, T.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:You double posted, T.

So I did...The Redundancy Hound has been unleashed on the case, and, by all accounts, fed well.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Tar and Feathers(Ludicrous Magic)
Level: 4
Range: 60 ft per level of experience
Duration: 15 minutes per level of experience
PPE Cost: 10
Effects: This casts a gummy black coating and a cloud of bright yellow or white feathers to settle on and stick to the target. The feathers magically adhere to the victim with the strength of a Carpet of Adhesion spell, making them nearly impossible to remove short of the spell being dismissed. Cast on bare skin, the tar is painful and distracting(-1 to initiative per melee until dispelled/removed). A Cleanse spell will scrub the gunk right off.
A successful save means the tar and feathers simply fall in a heap around the target, and then evaporate.

Bullseye(Ludicrous Magic)
Level: 3
Range: Touch or 50 ft per level of experience
Duration: 1 minute per level of experience
PPE Cost: 7
Effects:
This spell paints the victim with a bright target(usually on the head, chest, or back) that facilitates anybody trying to hit them to land their shots more accurately(+1 to strike, +2 for called shots).
Attempting to cover the target with clothing or camouflage only causes the target to reappear on top of it.
The bull’s eye is also glow-in-the-dark, allowing the victim to be easily followed in the dark. It is thus very effective at ‘painting’ targets that attempt to hide in darkness. Works through invisibility, chameleon, and darkness spells if the target attempts to use them to cover the bull’s eye.

*Horde ‘o Fluffy(Ludicrous Magic)
Level: 6
Range: 50 ft +10 ft per level of experience
Duration: 3 minutes per level of experience
Saving Throw: Dodge, at -3, -1 for each additional 10 fluffies summoned/sicced.
PPE Cost: 25
Effects: Target will immediately be mobbed by a horde of pastel-furred puppies or bunnies, that will leap all over them attempting to cuddle. Normally, all they’re interested in is snuggling up to the target, but if attacked with intent to harm, they’ll bite back, doing 1 SDC each per melee. Each fluffy has 1 MDC(100 SDC), Spd 16, and P.S. 1. Those caught in a plushie-pile are -2 to initiative, -1 strike, parry, and dodge other attacks, per every 10 flufflies summoned, and must roll under their P.P. to avoid tripping and falling(lose initiative and 1 APM getting back up).
10 fluffies can be summoned per level of experience.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Invisible Chains(Invocation)
“Face it, lover, I’m chained to you for today, and there’s nothing you can do about it because nobody else can see how bound I am to you!”
Level: 10
Type:(Invocation)
Duration: Low-powered mode lasts 60 minutes per level of experience, the higher-powered version 30 minutes per level of experience
Saving Throw: Special
PPE Cost: 18 for the lower-powered mode, 35 for high-powered.
Effects:
A derivation of ForceBonds, only the mystic bindings require no material component and are completely invisible, except to the caster, the prisoner, and anybody holding the other end of the chains. Also, anybody with See the Invisible or able to see magic energy will be able to discern the restraints.
Casting the spell twice can be used to create links between two individuals(with linking chain length being 5 ft +1 ft per level of experience). Invisible Chains can be cast in a ‘weak’ longer-duration mode, or a higher-end stronger mode more akin to the original ForceBonds spell.
Invisible Chains require a combined Supernatural P.S. of 25 to break in the lower-powered version, 45 for the higher end. 60 MD of damage breaks the low-powered mode, 100 MD the high-mode, though the damage must be energy-based. Dispel Magic and Negate Magic will break them, but the spell saves at +2. Anti-Mgic Cloud dispels them completely. Having no material component to it, the spell defeats the Escape skill, and magic metamorphosis will take 2d4 melees to get out of them.
Originally thought to have been conceived as a ‘dignified’ way of restraining important prisoners, it’s also crept into use by certain fetishists who like the idea of being chained in public without anybody else being the wiser.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Create Rubber Golem(Ritual)
Level: 11
Duration: Exists until destroyed
PPE Cost: 300 PPE for natural gum rubber golems, 450 PPE for modern vulcanized/synthetic scrap rubber golems.
Effects:
The Age of a Thousand Magics gave birth to many strange and exotic spell-creations, and the Rubber Golem was one of them, believed to have been spawned in the Yin-Sloth Jungles. possibly as a side-development of various ‘tar baby’ sorceries. The mystic formulae for creating Rubber Golems was believed for a long time to be mere rumor, until it began resurfacing in more recent ages.
In the megaversal setting, this spell has also begun to appear with increasing frequency, but with a more modern slant, especially with regards to the creation materials. This has necessitated some changes in the ritual and the attributes of the created golem, leading some mages to consider them a distinctly different form of golem from the original Yin-Sloth formulae rubber golems. However, enough similarities and attributes remain between the traditional rubber golems and their more modern cousins that golemancers do not officially distinguish between the two and group them under the same spell-listing. The end result of the spell is the same; the creation of an ambulatory artificial servant of rubber material.
Traditional Yin-Sloth formulae golem creation requires the collection of natural latex gum, which is melted down in a specially rune-inscribed cauldron. The melted mixture is poured into a humanoid-shaped mold, two onyx-eyes (of 1,000 credits each) and a copper-metal heart is pressed into the cooling rubber, and finally the mage drips a drop of his own blood into the rubber mixture as the final ritual lines are proclaimed.
More modern rubber golems can be created from scrap rubber, including old tires and gaskets, woven and glued together into a rough humanoid shape. The eyes, copper heart, and blood are added as usual, and the Golem comes to life.
Though traditional stone-and-iron golem creators scoff at the ‘weaker’ golem types, serious(or at least open-minded) golemancers have discovered that the more flexible nature of the media they’re using allows them to add a variety of features to their creations.
While not the powerhouses that the Stone and Iron Golems are, Rubber Golems have apparently found a niche as assassination and abduction constructs for their stealth and flexibility, though Ludicrous Mages have begun to use them more openly as
‘bouncey’bots’ or ‘michelin-mannequins’.

“Hubba-hubba-hubba, this golem’s made of rubba! What’s the matter, hero, too embarrassed to admit you got pwned by a pile of recycled tires? Ain’t it a great gag? Besides the rubber one stuck in your mouth, no?”
“-nnnghhhh-!”

Rubber Golem
Size: 5-7 ft tall
Weight: Roughly 45-70 lbs
SDC: (Natural Latex Golem) 200, A.R. 13.
MDC: (Synthetic Rubber Golems) 30+3d6
Physical Attributes: I.Q. 6, P.S. 27, Speed: 15
Horror Factor: 8
Magic Abilities:
*Prowl---The light weight and rubber padding construction of the golem give it quiet movement and a Prowl skill of 75%.

*Regeneration----Regenerates at a rate of 8 SDC/ 1d8 MDC per hour.

*Stretching----Natural Latex Golems can elastically reach out up to 15 ft, Synthetic Rubber Golems a mere 8 ft.

*Compaction---Rubber Golems can be squashed down to 3-6 inches high.

*Takes NO damage from falls, collisions, physical impact and blunt-force attacks.

*Kinetic Knock-back---If knocked over, the Rubber Golem does NOT lose initiative and 1 APM getting back up as would be normally the case. Also, if parrying a punch, kick, or blunt force attack, it can return HALF the damage of the strike in its follow-up kick or punch.

*Ball-Up---The Rubber Golem can roll up in a ball that is particularly resistant to damage. Effectively DOUBLES SDC/MDC, but all the Golem can do is sit there and be kicked around.

Vulnerabilities:
*Heat Vulnerability---Both types take DOUBLE damage from fire-based attacks.
(Natural Latex Golem) Higher temperatures above 100 degrees cause the golem to become runny and limp; HALF normal strength and reduce Armor Rating to 10.

(Synthetic Rubber Golem) If hit with a Natural 20 with plasma or incendiary weaponry, will break into guttering flames that do 1 MD per melee and fill the air with thick toxic fumes(typically fills a 20 ft area with choking smoke)

*Susceptibility to Cold(Natural Latex Golem)-----Freezing temperatures cause natural rubber golems to dry out, crack, and abrade. HALF normal speed and reduce Armor Rating to 10.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 4
+1 Initiative
+2 Entangle
(Natural Latex Golem) Punch/Kick/Body Block does 2d6 SDC
(Synthetic Rubber Golem) Punch/Kick/Body Block does 3d6 SDC

Options:
*(Spell) Vulcanization---This is available only to natural latex golems and it removes their extreme heat and cold vulnerability through ‘cooking’ with a Fire Globe spell, but reduces their resistance to kinetic damage by HALF(the process stiffens them). 80 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Entangler---Believed to be a combination of Armor Bizarre and Forcebonds, the Golem can wrap itself around a target like a ball of rubberbands or a rubber restraint. Holds with a Supernatural P.S. of 45 . +4 to Entangle. 80 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Mute-Gagger---Designed initially to target spell-casters, this application of the Mute spell allows the Golem to throw a strand or band of its material across a target’s mouth or throat. Besides the physical obstacle, the attack magicaly paralyzes the vocal cords of the target for as long as they remain entangled with the Rubber Golem. Even if they manage to free themselves(or be freed by others) a clinging strand or entubated gag prevents them from speaking for 5 minutes afterward. The Golem can also THROW, up to 30 ft, small hoop-gags of its own substance that close over the target, that will shut down the target’s vocal cords for 5 minutes. This spell-modification is often combined with teh Entangler and Slingshot mods. 100 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Slingshot----Application of the Mystic Pitching Throw spell; the Golem can use its elasticity or curved tire shapes to enhance its throwing ability, allowing it to throw small objects with beanball precision and power. Effectively DOUBLES the normal throwing range for the object being thrown, +30 ft per level of the giolemancer’s level of experience. +2 points of damage to the thrown object, and targets are -3 to dodge. 12 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Wheeler ---Can form into a wheel shape and speed along at Superhuman Speed; 30 MPH, +6 to dodge. 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Steel Belting---This is available to Synthetic Rubber Golems in the form of strands of wire and Armor of Ithan and Resist Fire spells embedded in the Golem. Removes the vulnerability to heat-based attacks(but not the Combust on Natural 20 vulnerability) and adds an additional 3d6 MD to the main body. 32 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Pneumatic Punch ----The Rubber Golem can use air bladders to compress air and give its punches and kicks extra power, equivalent to a Haymaker Strike(+2d6 SD to punch or kick).+1 to strike, and even on a successful parry, the target takes 1d4 points of damage. 8 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Mega-Wallop---Available to Synthetic Rubber Golems only, this adds even more power to the Golem’s punch in the form of added either chains/studs and a Mega-Damage Haymaker spell. Can perform a 2d6 MD punch or kick ONCE per melee(takes one attack), +1 to strike, and even on a successful parry, the target takes 1d4 points of damage. 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Water Seal---Makes the golem waterproof and allows it to float. Anything concealed inside the Golem is thus protected from inundation. Some golemancers have been known to use this spell to fashion Rubber Golems into wetsuit-like constructs or semi-intelligent diving suits. Conversely, it can be used to allow the Golem to STORE water (up to 50 gallons for the average human-sized rubber golem), meaning that the golem can be used as a self-propelled water bladder. 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Rubber Ducky---Requires the Water Seal modification as a prerequisite; this embeds a Swim as a Fish: Lesser, spell into the rubber material. The Golem looks more streamlined and has large fins for feet(reduce land speed by 50%), but can swim with a skill equal to 96%(and at x3 P.S. in meters/yards per melee), and is +1 to parry/dodge underwater. Note that if the Golem has anything alive inside it, they will still need a source of air, such as an air tank or snorkel incorporated into the golem's design; otherwise it will hold only about five minutes' worth of air inside it. 12 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Squirt Gun---Requires the Water Seal modification; this Mystic Water Blast-based modification allows the Golem to accumulate and store water in internal bladders, then squirt it out under pressure. Besides being able to collect normal water or rain accumulation, this allows the golem to magically conjure up to 4 gallons of water per melee. Blast has a range of 100 ft +10 ft per golemancer’s level of experience, and does 2d6+6 H.P. to vampires, Fire Elementals, and other beings susceptible to water-based attacks. 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Rubber Ninja---Available only to the Natural Latex Golem; this application of the Superhuman Agility spell gives the Golem catlike reflexes and an ability to contort and twist out of harm’s way in ways that are arguably eye-boggling. +1 on initiative, +1 parry, +5 dodge, +5 automatic dodge +5 roll, base climbing/balancing skill of 88%. 35 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Insulator----Reinforces the Golem against energy attacks, via way of an embedded Impervious to Energy spell. Ion and electrical attacks do NO damage, particle beams, lasers, and plasma/heat do HALF damage. However, plasma and heat will still do DOUBLE normal damage on a Natural 20. 40 PPE to add at the time of creation.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

taalismn wrote:“Hubba-hubba-hubba, this golem’s made of rubba!”
“-nnnghhhh-!”

This is literally the funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks for making me laugh. I needed it.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

taalismn
Priest

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
taalismn wrote:“Hubba-hubba-hubba, this golem’s made of rubba!”
“-nnnghhhh-!”

This is literally the funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks for making me laugh. I needed it.

Glad to oblige. How you feeling?
Now I gotta work out spell mods for the traditional stone and iron golems to allow them to keep up with the upsurge in customized 'lesser' golems...because, let's see, we got sponge, we got cardboard, we got rubber...dough, clothing, plastic figurines(Ludicrous Magic)...we've got straw over in the Shemarrian Fan Creations thread(well, they're really bioplastic robots)...
Traditional golemancers might be looking uneasily over their shoulders thinking 'okay, what's next?'.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

taalismn wrote:How you feeling?

Tired. I just don't have any energy. Which is something I find strange because I made 3 miles worth of laps while IN the hospital.
Stressed. Job hours were cut back from 40 - 24 because the Dr. said no more night shifts. So instead of switching my nights/days off for any of the 8 available afternoon shifts (A reasonable accommodation according to the ADA and EEOC) they take my hours away. Feels like I'm being penalized for standing up for my health concerns vs this BS job. Oh well, I've already started searching for employment lawyers.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

taalismn
Priest

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:[

Tired. I just don't have any energy. Which is something I find strange because I made 3 miles worth of laps while IN the hospital.
Stressed. Job hours were cut back from 40 - 24 because the Dr. said no more night shifts. So instead of switching my nights/days off for any of the 8 available afternoon shifts (A reasonable accommodation according to the ADA and EEOC) they take my hours away. Feels like I'm being penalized for standing up for my health concerns vs this BS job. Oh well, I've already started searching for employment lawyers.[/quote]

Ouch. A curse upon their bb-stacking accountantcies!

Ahhhmmm...we seem rather short of creative curse spells in this thread...anybody want to help remedy that?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

taalismn wrote:'okay, what's next?'.

glue, obviously :D
taalismn
Priest

Shark_Force wrote:
taalismn wrote:'okay, what's next?'.

glue, obviously :D

You're reading my mind again.
Actually, I'm working on a ritual called 'Create Tar Baby' but that's close enough.

Larger golems, though? I'm thinking GLASS or ROPE/STEEL CABLE :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Spell Enhancements for Stone and Iron Golems

“What the HADES?! Stone golems aren’t supposed to be able to do that! Guys, we might be dealing with an Earth El-(qwunch)

The revival of other types of golem creation has encouraged traditional golem fabricators to look at new ways of improving and enhancing the staid forms. However, aside from physically sculpting new features into the substance of the Golem(see ‘The Lost Art of Golemancy” Rifter #25), adding new magic features to the iconic Golem types has proven problematic. Best results were achieved by cooperative efforts with Elemental(especially Earth) Warlocks to ‘anchor’ some small mystic Elemental pressence inside a Golem, but finding a willing and cooperative Warlock is not always easy(or inexpensive) for those seekig golems modified in this fashion. Still, the fact that it is possible at all shows a promising trend for the future.
Arguably, many of these improvements skirt creating Automatons like Dweomer’s.

Options:

*(Spell)RockGarden(Stone Golems)---Gives the Stone Golem the ability to use Chameleon to imitate local rock and camouflage itself, only it’s not just surface coloration but surface texture as well. 24 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Throwing Stones(Stone Golems)--- The golem can conjure up and shoot small stones; 200 ft range+100 ft per level of experience of the assisting Earth Warlock, 1d6 MD +1 MD per level of experience of the assisting Earth Warlock, +2 to strike. Takes 2 APMs for the Golem to use this attack. 10 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Planter(Stone Golems)---This spell mod requires the assistance of an Air -and- an Earth Warlock. Combines Create Wood, Plant Growth, and Circle of Rain to give the Golem the ability to magically grow plants on its body(typically in soil-filled concavities in its back, head, or chest). Once every 24 hours the Golem can create 100 lbs of hard wood, typically in the form of several thick staves. A favorite of Mystic Herbalists, who commission such Golems as assistants, growing various herbs in their cavities. 106 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Artesian Fountain(Stone Golems)---This gives the Golem the ability to spray water, ala Mystic Water Burst , and allows the golem to magically conjure up to 4 gallons of water per melee. Blast has a range of 100 ft +10 ft per golemancer’s level of experience, and does 2d6+6 H.P. to vampires, Fire Elementals, and other beings susceptible to water-based attacks. The Golem may have a sculpted spout for a mouth, or be holding a sculpted fish or frog in one hand, from which the water blast is fired. 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Lodestone(Iron Golems)--- This requires the participation of an Air Warlock. Turns the metallic material of the Iron Golem into a giant magnet. 40 ft range and can pull metal objects weighing as much as 2,000 lbs toward itself. 80 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell)Wall of Iron (Iron Golems)---This spell mod requires the assistance of an Earth Warlock. It allows the Golem to change itself into a massive wall of metal, ideal for blocking a passageway or door. The wall is immobile and can cover an area of 8x8x4 ft per level of experience of the creating mage, and DOUBLES the Golem’s MDC. 110 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell)ForgeFist (Iron Golems)---Superheats the Iron Golem’s fist to do an additional 4d6 SDC or 1d6 MD. 10 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) FurnaceHeart (Iron Golems)---This requires the cooperation of either an Earth or a Fire Warlock, and it implants a mystic fire inside a cavity in the Iron Golem, making it an ambulatory blast furnace. This gives the Golem the ability to Breath Fire(16 ft range, 1d6x10 MD per flame blast, +2 to strike, twice per melee). It can also be used to Meld Metals fed into it(up to 50 lbs at a time, and does 1d6x10 MD per melee to ingested metals). 290 PPE to add at the time of creation.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Create Tar Baby(Ritual)
Level: 6
Duration: 3 days per level of experience.
PPE Cost: 100
Effects:
Create Tar Baby is a spell that creates a short-lived animated construct of sticky tar or bird-lime.
To create, the mage makes a small crudely humanoid shape out of tar or bird-lime(a process that takes considerable practice, given the adhesive properties of the construction media). Two garnet stones(each worth about 50 credits) are set into the head, and a small piece of parchment or tar paper transcribed with part of the spell, and sealed with wax and several drops of the mage’s blood, is pressed into the center of the tar baby to activate it.
At the end of the spell’s duration, the Tar Baby dries up and falls apart into a pile of dry asphalt or dust. The parchement is destroyed, but the garnets can be recovered and re-used.
Tar Babies are typically set as ‘smart’ traps to ambush intruders and burglars, pouncing on them and adhering to them.

Tar Baby
“GAH! IT STICKS!!!!! GET THIS THING -OFF- ME!!!!”

Tar Babies are small humanoid constructs made of putty-like substances that are sticky to the touch. They are mute, unskilled, and unsuited for any sort of work besides pouncing and sticking to things. Using them as messengers or assistants is problematic, as they aren’t very smart, and anything they carry will become sticky and gummed up.

Size: 1-3 ft tall. 2-4 lbs.
SDC: 15
Physical Attributes: I.Q. 1, P.S. 5, Speed: 6
Horror Factor: 10
Magic Abilities:
*Adhesion-----Tar Babies cling to targets like...well...tar, with a supernatural P.S. of 45. If they can reach two or more of a target’s limbs, they can act like a set of Force Bonds, entangling and hindering the victim. Even destroying the thing will leave the target covered in thick sticky goo that’s almost impossible to remove(Cleanse doesn’t touch the stuff, but a Negate Magic spell will). If the gunk hasn’t been removed magically or via really hard scrubbing and prying, the stuff dries up and flakes off at the end of the spell’s normal duration.
Against technology, if the Tar Baby can clog an air intake on an engine, there’s a 60% chance of being able to cause an engine overheat or flame-out. Covering sensors or windshields can also negate those instruments’ functions, until the tar is removed.

*Prowl---The Tar Baby’s light and soft construction allows it to move virtually noiselessly. Effective Prowl ability of 80%.

*Regeneration----Regenerates at a rate of 10 SDC per hour;.

*Takes HALF damage from physical impact and blunt-force attacks, and NO damage from falls and collisions.

Vulnerabilities:
*Clumsy----Tar Babies’ paws are blunt and thick and cannot do fine work, and are only capable of the most basic grasping and grappling.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 3
+1 Initiative
+1 Strike
+1 Entangle
Punch/Kick/Body Block does 2d4 SDC

Options:
*(Spell) Shadow Meld----The Tar Baby can seemingly melt into shadows and hide in them. 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Burning Touch---This is applicable only to Tar Babies made with coal tar. They generate an internal heat that makes them not only fluid, but scaldingly hot to the touch. Those entangled with them will subsequently take 2d4 SD of burn damage per melee of contact. However, the same modification makes the Tar Baby vulnerable to water-based attacks(do DOUBLE damage). 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Tar and Feathers----One shot use. The Tar Baby can be made to kamikaze into a gummy black coating and a cloud of bright yellow or white feathers that settle on and stick to the target. The feathers magically adhere to the victim with the strength of a Carpet of Adhesion spell, making them nearly impossible to remove short of the spell being dismissed. Cast on bare skin, the tar is painful and distracting(-1 to initiative per melee until dispelled/removed). A Cleanse spell will scrub the gunk right off. 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Carpet of Adhesion----One shot use. The Tar Baby can be made to kamikaze into a patch of magically sticky goo that glues victims in place. Covers a 10 ft area and holds 10 mnutes. 18 PPE to add at the time of creation.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Tar Baby... Me likee this.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Tar Baby... Me likee this.

Kind of an ambulatory Sticky Note of Annoyance. :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Create Glass Golem(Ritual)

“Oh, that’s more than a wizard-war construct, that’s a Chegall!”

“It looks like this man was thrown through a window....repeatedly!”

Level: 12
Duration: Permanent
PPE Cost: 500 for regular glass, 600 for plexiglass, 700 for natural glass/obsidian, 900 for MDC glass.
Effects:
It is unknown whether this spell-ritual originated during the Age of a Thousand Magicks, or is a more recent development, possibly an intermediate step on the way to creating Automatons such as Dwoemer’s Infiltrator Automaton, but Create Glass Golem has begun appearing with greater frequency in magic spell markets.
Creating a Glass Golem requires assembly of a basic humanoid shape by soldering together shards and panes of glass(it can be argued that creating a Glass Golem requires finer skill than carving a Stone Golem or molding an Iron Golem). Some golemancers go to even greater trouble to assemble the Golem from obsidian(volcanic glass), adding even more expense and difficulty to the painstaking work of golem-creation. At the activation ritual, a pair of small rubies(worth about 1,000 credits each) and a small soldered silver heart, are worked into the structure, the golemancer cuts himself on a shard of the glass, and anoints the heart with several drops of blood, and the Glass Golem comes to life.
Glass Golems are notoriously fragile due to the materials used in their construction. While it is possible to manufacture them using modern megadamage glass, such constructs cost more and the materials aren’t always readily available(and Dwoemer has kept the spells transforming the glass of their Automatons into megadamage material a closely guarded secret). However, they are faster than many other kinds of golem, and their material construction makes them suitable for modification with optical manipulation and light-based magicks. Still, their fragility, lack of stealth, and difficulty of construction make Glass Golems uncommon; they are mainly found as servants and watchguards in mansions and art and Laser Mage communes, where they are considered objects de art as much as(if not more than) magic minions.

Glass Golem

“GGGGAAAHHHH!!! MAKEITSTOP!MAKEITSTOP!IT BLINNNDDDSSSS!!!ITBURNNNSSSS!!!””
“See, that’s one of the downsdes of striking a pact with forces of Darkness, Shadowli....low tolerance for bright light. Though it did suggest a way to get back at you for what you did. Like the Solarium Golem? You’ll be in it for a while!”

Glass Golems are multifaceted constructions of glass shards and panes, held together by a fine framework of soldering and metal bracing. Their hands feature razor-sharp shards of glass that can give painful scoring cuts. Some appear to incorporate extensive glass-blowings, while others seem assembled from broken window panes and scavenged windshields. Still others appear as artful as stained glass windows, with a deliberate design or theme.

Size: 5-7 ft tall, 250-300 lbs
SDC: 150 for ordinary glass, 280 for plexiglass, 500 for obsidian
MDC: 45 for megadamage glass
Physical Attributes: I.Q. 7, P.S. 12, Speed: 16
Magic Abilities:

*Regeneration----Regenerates at a rate of 10 SDC/MDC per hour;.

*Takes HALF damage from lasers.

*360-degree Vision---The Glass Golem can see all around itself and CANNOT be surprised from behind

Vulnerabilities:
*Brittle----Sonic and blunt weapons do DOUBLE damage to Glass Golems

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
+1 Initiative
Shard Punch/Kick does 3d6 SDC/MDC depending on target.
Punch/Kick/Body Block does 2d4 SDC/MDC depending on target.

Options:
The material nature of the Glass Golem makes it amenable to magic involving light. However, a limiting factor is the availability of light to be manipulated. Many of the following options are useless without some sort of light to be amplified and manipulated. Conventional light sources can be placed inside the Golem, but may need to be regularly replaced or recharged. Magic light sources, such as Eternal Flame are ideal, but the internal glow of the magic light may render the Golem ill-suited for night operations requiring stealth.

*(Spell) Farseeing---Magnifies the vision of the Glass Golem. It, and anybody looking through it, can see up to 2 miles away. Another side effect is that at much closer distances, the Glass Golem can act as a magnifying glass, enlarging images by x10. 6 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Night Vision---This permits the Golem to see in total darkness. It also allows anybody looking THROUGH the Golem to see in total darkness, as if the Golem were a nightvision device. 8 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Infrared Vision---This allows the Golem (and anybody looking through it) to see in the IR spectra. 500 ft range. 10 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) See the Invisible/Auras---This combines See the Invisible, See Auras, and See Magic Wards to make the Glass Golem into a magic optics system, allowing it (and anybody looking through it) to see magic energies: 200 ft for auras, 100 ft for magically invisibility, and 90 ft for wards. 60 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Blinding Flash----The Golem can create a blinding flash that temporarily blinds those without adequate eye protection. This requires an internal light source(a candle or flashlight will do just fine). Once per melee, 60 ft range. Victims are stunned on a failed roll versus magic; -10 to strike, dodge, and parry for 1d4 melee rounds. Note that 2 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Chromatic Protection---This is simply the Blinding Flash spell set on automatic. If attacked, the Golem explodes in bright dazzling light, ideally surprising and stunning the attacker. Unlike the Blinding Flash option, this protection costs the Glass Golem no APMs to activate. It also does not need a preexisting light source, as part of the energy of an attack is utilized to power the counter-flash. 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Invisibility: Simple ---The Glass Golem can bend light around itself, producing a simple invisibility illusion. The Golem can still be heard, and seen with magic senses or technological optics operating on other spectra of light. 12 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Reflection--The Glass Golem can deflect and redirect laser fire and other light(such as flashlights and laser spot sights) aimed at it. Roll just like a Parry. 14 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Lantern Light---The Golem can be made to glow with a low internal light that illuminates out to 10 ft. 2 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Globe of Daylight This requires an internal light source(a candle or flashlight will do just fine) or a spell like Lantern Light. However, in this case, the light is transformed into the equivalent of sunlight, lighting up a 6 ft radius per level of expedience of the Golem’s creator. 4 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Laser Blast----Once per melee the golem can fire off a blast of magic light amplified into a laser. If combined with an active light source inside the golem, the rate of fire is TWICE per melee, and if combined with a magical light source inside the golem(such as an Eternal Flame), the golem can fire off as many laser attacks as it has actions per melee. 200 ft range per level of the creator, 1d6 MD +2 MD per level of the creator. 10 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Cage of Light---This requires an internal light source(a candle or flashlight will do just fine). This radical option allows the Glass Golem to reconfigure itself into an ambulatory cage around a prisoner, locking them in place with Force Bonds( hold with a supernatural PS of 45, and made all the more effective by the interweaving of strands of glass into the bonds, making attempts to break loose inflict 1d4 SDC/MD on the prisoner , and keeping them dazzled and blinded at the heart of continual bright light. Very useful for subduing and transporting prisoners susceptible to bright lights. 50 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Multiple Image---The Glass Golem can reflect and focus light such that it can produce up to three holographic copies of itself. 14 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Shard Burst---This feature is a modification of Shatter(Self) and Shockwave---the Glass Golem can temporarily sacrifice part of itself (3d6 SDC for glass/plexiglass, 1d4 MD for mega-glass) to produce razor-sharp shards that it can spray like shrapnel. The glass bomb does 1d4x100 SDC or 1d4 MD to a 20 ft area. It regenerates the lost SDC/MDC as normal. 100 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Spinning Blades---This enchants the Glass Golem’s razor-sharp hand-claws to produce additional magic blades. It can also shoot them like shards. Range: Melee. When activated, the Spinning Blades spell can reach 60 ft (per level of the Golem’s creator) away, used offensively. If ejected as projectiles, the blades can reach 100 ft(per level of the Golem’s creator). Damage: When activated, the Spinning Blades spell produces 1 additional blade(s) per level of experience of the Golem’s creator, that each do 1d6 MD each(regardless of what the blade was/does originally) in defensive mode(+6 to parry, +2 to parry energy attacks) or 2d6 MD per blade in offensive ‘buzzsaw’ mode(enemy CANNOT parry).
Can also fire the magical blades like projectiles, 1-2 at a time, each doing 1d6 MD on impact, and +3 to strike. The blades disappear on impact.
40 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) House of Glass ---Reflects spells and attacks back on the attacker, just as per the regular spell description. This protection lasts 1 minute per level of the golem’s creator, and then has to be reactivated after a minute’s ‘cool down’. 24 PPE to add at the time of creation.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Well, I think this works out my Golemancy jag.....Clay Golems, I think, translate into Stone Golems, so that’s covered already. Chain Golems could be a variant of Iron Golems.
And anything else, like noodles, flowers, plastic buckets, pastry, etc. could probably be taken care of with short-lived ‘animate object’-style spells...at least for now.

Create Rope Golem(Ritual)
(aka ‘TangleGolem’, ‘Gordian-Golem’, ‘Hangman’s Golem’, ‘Rope Octopus’, 'Mystic Slinky')
Level: 12
Duration: Permanent, until destroyed
PPE Cost: 400 PPE for rope, 500 PPE for metal cable/wire, 800 PPE for MDC monofilament or metal cable
Effects:
One of the odder Golem types yet encountered, Rope Golems are assembled from thick bundles of rope, cord, or cable. woven and tied into a roughly humanoid shape. Two silver bands(of at least 500 credits’ value) are woven into the central bundle, the bands inscribed with part of the activation spell, several strands of the golemancer’s hair woven in and around them, and several drops of blood of the golemancer rubbed into the silver engravings to activate the Rope Golem.

Rope Golem
“Impressive rope trap using an unorthodox golem type, but the shinbari element involved is just adding insult to humiliation, don’t you think?”

Rope Golems resemble large crude humanoid forms made of coiled and tied cord or cable. They move with graceful, looping or sliding motions generally. Though individual strands of their stuff, stretched out, may be weak and vulnerable, they can coil and bunch their fibers so tightly that they can release that tension to unleash sudden and violent force, like a ballista. Anybody caught in their multiple coils can attest to their circulation-cutting strength.
Rope Golems are often mistaken for vermiform beings such as Wyrm-Wraiths or Malvorens. Rope Golems are not very durable, compared to Stone and Iron Golems, but they are a lot more agile, hard to hit, and versatile, and are frequently used in assassinations, captures, and exploration(having an animated rope able to winch itself is very handy). Ninjas, bounty hunters, thieves, commandos, and wilderness explorers like Rope Golems for these reasons.

Size: 5-7 ft tall, 200-280 lbs
SDC: 180 for rope, 320 for metal cable/wire,
MDC: 65 for MDC monofilament or metal cable
Physical Attributes: I.Q. 7, P.S. 18, Speed: 20
Magic Abilities:

*Regeneration----Regenerates at a rate of 10 SDC/MDC per hour;.

*Prowl---The light weight and shock absorbing construction of the golem give it quiet movement and a Prowl skill of 65%.

*Sense Vibrations---Rope Golems can more acutely sense fine vibrations through their many strands and fibers; equivalent to a motion detection ability and range of 300 ft.

*Climbing---Rope Golems are EXCELLENT climbers, able to stretch, throw loops of themselves around handholds, and separate their ends into multiple smaller strands that find purchase on seemingly un-scaleable heights. Has a Climbing skill of 85%

*Stretching----Rope Golems are notorious for being able to uncoil parts of themselves and throw out lengths of themselves. The golem can stretch out parts of itself out as far as 30 ft.

*Resistance to Kinetic Damage---The multiple coils of a Rope Golem are better at absorbing and dissipating kinetic shock, so they take HALF damage from punches, kicks, falls, and concussive blows.

*Binding---Has the equivalent of the Hojo-Jutsu (Binding) skill at 70%, WITHOUT using APMs to actively restrain a tied-up prisoner.
*Roping—Has the equivalent of the Roping skill at 80%,

Vulnerabilities
*Vulnerability: Cutting Attacks---Rope Golems are more vulnerable to cutting attacks, especially when they’re stretched out. An edged attack, such as from a sword, ax, polearm, or vibroblade, does 25% more damage.
Note: Typically takes 15-25 SD to cut through a rope strand, 30-40 SD to cut through a wire/cable strand, and 10-15 MD to cut through an MDC leather/wire/cable strand.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
+1 Initiative
+3 Dodge
+4 Entangle
Lash Attack(15 ft range) 1d6 SDC(2d6 SDC for metal wire/cable golems, 3d6 SDC for MDC cable golems)
Restrained Slap/Punch 1d6 SDC(2d6 SDC for metal wire/cable golems, 3d6 SDC for MDC cable golems)
Full Strength Punch 2d6 SDC(3d6 SDC for metal wire/cable golems, 1d4 MD for MDC cable golems)
Power Punch(2 attacks) 4d6 SDC (3d6 SDC for metal wire/cable golems, 1d6 MD for MDC cable golems)
Crush/Squeeze Attack(Must have made a successful Entangle attack previous)1d4+3 SDC(1d6+3 SDC for metal wire/cable golems, 1d4 MD for MDC cable golems)
Strangulation Attack 1d6+3 direct to Hit Points

Options:
*(Spell) Forcebonds---Can entangle and hold victims with a supernatural PS of 45. 50 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Levitation---This essentially enchants the Rope Golem into a large Cherubot Rope. Can stretch itself unsupported straight up into the air up to 250 ft. 12 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Hydra’s Circle---Spawns multiple extra lengths of cord/whip from the ends, multiplying damage.
Range: The initial length of cord/chain cannot exceed 15 ft long. Each level of experience increases that length/range by the level of experience(so a 10 ft whip will be 30 ft long by 3rd level, while a 15 ft chain will be 45 ft long, etc.)
Damage: 1d4 SDC/MDC per whip/cord
the spell produces an additional cord/chain per level of experience of the creating golemancer.
Has a bonus of +1 to entangle per additional level of experience/chain/cord added.
The spell also extends the length of the chains/cords/whips, times each level of experience of the creator, so an 18 inch length of chain is x3 for third level, x4 for fourth level, etc. 40 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Mystic Pitching Throw---Like a giant slingshot or ballista, the Rope Golem can coil up a limb and then let it go, providing extra force behind a thrown object, such as a rock or spear. Takes 2 APMs, but effectively DOUBLES the normal throwing range for the object being thrown, +30 ft per level of the golemancer’s level of experience. +2 points of damage to the thrown object, and targets are -3 to dodge. 12 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Magic Net---The Rope Golem can weave itself into a net covering a 10 ft area, Only magic or MDC weapons can cut through the net, and even then will take 2 melees. 14 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Spider Webs---The Rope Golem can ‘shed’ a cloud of loose, but magically sticky, fibers that looks like spider web, only tougher. Covers a 30 ft area and lasts 5 minutes per level of the creating Golemancer, The dense fibers create a barrier requires a P.S. of 7 or better to push through, and sticks to the traveler, accumulating and impeding progress...reduce Speed and physical skill performances by -3% per every 10 ft of webbing, and -1 to initiative and combat bonuses for every 20 ft 20 PPE to add at the time of creation.
Last edited by taalismn on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

The rope golem seems a little lacking in comparison to the others. One would think, after mentioning the following "they can coil and bunch their fibers so tightly that they can release that tension to unleash sudden and violent force, like a ballista" that they would have some info listed in regards to their melee abilities. I can understand if you've lost focus, interest, or just run out of ideas, but I believe you can do better than this.

If you're completely done with Golemancy then I'll leave off with a Thank You! If not, I'll try to think of some obscure material to suggest.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

taalismn
Priest

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:The rope golem seems a little lacking in comparison to the others. One would think, after mentioning the following "they can coil and bunch their fibers so tightly that they can release that tension to unleash sudden and violent force, like a ballista" that they would have some info listed in regards to their melee abilities. I can understand if you've lost focus, interest, or just run out of ideas, but I believe you can do better than this..

Okay...good, I kinda felt I was missing something, so I'm going to go back and add on the damages for the various types of materials, and power punching for them.
Okay, so lash attacks as posted should be relatively weak, but have a range to them. Tensor-powered punches should reflect the supernatural nature of the golem, as modified by their material without making them -too- powerful.
I figure MDC material cable golems oughta do MD equiv, to a supernatural PS 18, no?
So consider the latest add-on to be a placeholder until I can get to my books and remedy the situation.

Sorry for the lacking of and thanks for the concrit. Will fix tonight.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

taalismn wrote:Sorry for the lacking of and thanks for the concrit. Will fix tonight.

I dunno from equivalent strengths, whatever you think sounds best. Would the tensor based power punches also work as a kick attack (a pro wrestling style boot to the chest. no so much a swinging foot type kick) or enable them to make huge springing jumps?

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

taalismn
Priest

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
taalismn wrote:Sorry for the lacking of and thanks for the concrit. Will fix tonight.

I dunno from equivalent strengths, whatever you think sounds best. Would the tensor based power punches also work as a kick attack (a pro wrestling style boot to the chest. no so much a swinging foot type kick) or enable them to make huge springing jumps?

I don't want to re-invent the rubber golem, and I want to realistically think of the properties of rope/cable. A LOT of torsion-flexing power would only be possible if the Golem could wrap itself around something stiffer and more solid to work off of.
But I agree that the Rope Golem needs a little more in the way of documented physical attacks to reflect where it excels and where it falls short compared to other material-golems. Its weaknesses may be why there aren't more Rope Golems, or why it's a niche-golem.

Of course, you could probably fill a BOOK with variant material golems, like bungee cord golems or spring steel golems...I should probably post some my general opinion guidelines for golemancy...
There's going to. a fine line, for instance, between golems, animated constructs, things like Automatons, and TechnoWizardr Robpts
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Okay, attempted to splice some revised material into the Rope Golem.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Create Chain Golem(Ritual)
“So THAT’S why you insisted on dragging all that old battleship anchor chain up here! And the anchor as well!”

Level: 13
Duration: Permanent, until destroyed
PPE Cost: 1,000 PPE
Effects:
Chain Golems are a derivation of the Iron Golem, but are made of bundles and coils of thick metal chain. Being made up of more moving parts than the standard Iron Golem, Chain Golems are generally weaker, less resilient, and noisier when moving. They are more susceptible to wear and tear, but also regenerate faster.
Assembly of a Chain Golem is arguably more difficult than that of a regular Iron Golem, and the central iron heart is in the form of a heart-shaped padlock that is worked into the central links as a final step, welded or forged in place, and anointed with the Golemancer’s own blood.

Chain Golem
(aka ‘Shackler’, ‘Chainer’, ‘Flailer’, ‘Thrasher Golem’, ‘Anchorline Golem’)

“So...you managed to escape the grip of my Rope Golem? I’ll just have to step up your restraints! I think it’s time you made the acquaintance of my Chainer!!”
*SNAP*CLAK*CLAK*SNAP*

The Chain Golem resembles a roughly humanoid-shaped pile of chain(not all of it has to be of the same size) that clanks, slithers, and clatters across the landscape in accordance with its masters’ orders. The Chain Golem is mute, and cannot articulate words, but it can communicate by jangling its chains to signal understanding or alarm.
The main strength of Chain Golems is their flexibility; they can move and extend themselves like giant metal snakes, and can entangle targets in their metal links, restraining with cast-iron resolve, or constructing with bone-crushing menace. While an Iron Golem may swing punches with piledriver strength, a Chain Golem can extend its reach and the velocity of its strikes by playing out lengths of its substance.
Still, overall, Chain Golems tend to be rare, because their regular Iron Golem brethren are easier to produce and are more versatile. Some slavers, bountyhunters and prison wardens employ Chain Golems as ‘living shackles’ to keep prisoners restrained.

Size: 5-7 ft tall, 200-400 lbs
SDC: 7,000 in SDC realms*
MDC:70 in MDC realms*
*As with the Iron Golem, if the heart is made with a diamond of 8,000 credits or more value, DOUBLE the SDC/MDC.
Physical Attributes: I.Q. 7, P.S. 20, Speed: 14
Horror Factor: 16
Magic Abilities:

*Regeneration----Regenerates at a rate of 16 SDC/MDC per hour; and can regenerate completely, unless the central heart is removed and destroyed.

*Sense Vibrations---Chain Golems can more acutely sense fine vibrations through their many strands and fibers; equivalent to a motion detection ability and range of 200 ft.

*Climbing---Chain Golems are better than average climbers, able to stretch and throw loops of themselves around handholds. Has a Climbing skill of 75%

*Stretching----Chain Golems are notorious for being able to uncoil parts of themselves and throw out lengths of chain-limb. The golem can stretch out parts of itself out as far as 30 ft.

*Flexibility---Chain Golems possess much more flexibility than their regular Iron Golem cousins, and actually get a +1 to dodge.

*Resistance to Kinetic Damage---The multiple coils of a Chain Golem are better at absorbing and dissipating kinetic shock, so they take HALF damage from punches, kicks, falls, and concussive blows.

Vulnerabilities
*Vulnerability: Cutting Attacks---Chain Golems are more vulnerable to cutting attacks, especially when they’re stretched out. An edged attack, such as from a sword, ax, pole arm, bolt cutters or vibroblade, does 25% more damage.
Note: Typically takes 15-25 SD 30-40 SD to cut through a wire/cable strand, and 10-15 MD to cut through an MDC chain strand.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
+1 Initiative
+3 Dodge
+4 Entangle
Lash Attack 1d6- 2d6 SDC (1d4-2d4 MD in megadamage realms)
Strangulation Attack 1d6+3 direct to Hit Points

Options:
*Shackles----Handcuffs and other restraint closures can be added to the Chain Golem’s links. These add-ons use the ‘cuffs’ SDC/MDC(typically from 40-500 SDC, 5-50 MDC). However, they also benefit from the Golem’s regenerative abilities, and the locking mechanisms are actively engaged by the Golem(so lockpicking is done at -40%, even without the Golem actively trying to bludgeon or choke anybody tampering with its shackle-cuffs). Each set of cuffs added costs 5 PPE at the time of creation.
Cuffs and shackles attached later do not cost any PPE, but also do not benefit from the above qualities.

*Weapons---Blunt weapons such as clubs, and especially flails and morning stars, added to the ends of the Chain Golem’s limbs gain a +50% increase in damage due to the added force of being swung at higher velocity.
Weapons added at the time of creation cost 10 PPE each, and regenerate as an extension of the Chain Golem.
Weapons attached later do not cost any PPE, but also do not benefit from regenerative qualities.

*Multiple Limbs----Extra chain-limbs can be added to a Chain Golem. Each extra limb costs an additional 100 PP at the time of creation, adds +10 MDC, and each PAIR of additional limbs adds one APM, and +1 to Entangle. There is no effective limit to how many additional limbs can be added.

*(Spell) Forcebonds---Can entangle and hold victims with a supernatural PS of 45. 50 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Cold Iron---The Chain Golem can use its links as conduits to draw heat off a trapped prisoner . To those beings susceptible to heat loss, the grip of the Cold Iron Chain Golem can numb and paralyze limbs. 1d4 HP per melee, plus victims must save versus magic or suffer debilitating numbness; -1 APM, -2 initiative, -1 strike/parry/dodge, and skills are reduced by 10%. Those beings specifically vulnerable to cold will suffer DOUBLE damage/effects, and on a second fail vs magic, the shackled limb will be effectively paralyzed with cold. 16 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Hydra’s Circle---Spawns multiple extra lengths of cord/whip from the ends, multiplying damage.
Range: The initial length of chain cannot exceed 15 ft long. Each level of experience increases that length/range by the level of experience(so a 10 ft whip will be 30 ft long by 3rd level, while a 15 ft chain will be 45 ft long, etc.)
Damage: 1d4 SDC/MDC per whip/cord
The spell produces an additional cord/chain per level of experience of the creating golemancer.
Has a bonus of +1 to entangle per additional level of experience/chain/cord added.
The spell also extends the length of the chains/cords/whips, times each level of experience of the creator, so an 18 inch length of chain is x3 for third level, x4 for fourth level, etc. 40 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Dead Weight ---The Chain Golem can temporarily magically increase its weight by as much as 100 lbs per level of the creating golemancer, for 2 minutes per level of the creating golemancer. This is useful for weighing down entangled opponents, although the spell takes 1 melee to reset before it can be activated again. 8 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Weightlessness---Rather than take on the mass of lead, the Chain Golem can seemingly take on the lightness of aluminum or beryllium alloy, LIGHTENING by 100 lbs per level of the creating golemancer, for 2 minutes per level of the creating golemancer. The spell takes 1 melee to reset before it can be activated again. This allows the Chain Golem to increase its Speed to 18, and gets a base Prowl ability of 30%+3% per every additional 100 lbs of subtracted weight(can’t do anything for the clinking links). However, reduce damage of lashes and strikes by 75%, and good stiff winds can send the featherweight Golem flying out of control. 12 PPE to add at the time of creation.

*(Spell) Silver Chain----This uses the spell ‘Silverize’(see Mysteries of Magic Book One: The Heart of Magic, pg. 94) to temporarily coat the Chain Golem’s chains with mystic silver, for 5 minutes per activation. Besides making the Chain Golem rather pretty and shiny, treat the chains now as silver-plated for damage purposes; does DOUBLE damage to those vulnerable to silver. Any weapons that were incorporated into the Golem at the time of its creation also benefit from this, though any weapons added LATER will NOT be silver-coated. 40 PPE to add at the time of creation.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Fang-Buster(Invocation)
Fang-Buster essentially magically reverses a creature’s fangs/bite such that for the duration of the spell, the creature’s bite attack does damage only to itself.
Level: 7
Type: SPELL(Invocation)
Duration: 1 melee per level of experience
PPE Cost: 20
Effects:
Causes bite attacks to reverse; they now do damage only to the creature, every time the creature attempts to bite. Also, on a ‘to strike’ roll of 17-20, the creature does DOUBLE damage to itself. Used on vampires, Fang-Buster negates their ability to perform special bite attacks for the duration of the magic.

Inner Poison(Invocation)
Similar to Fang-Buster in that it turns an attacker’s biological weaponry on itself, Inner Poison turns any acids or venomous poisons the creature may possess on itself by trappig the substances inside the attacker and turning them against them.
Effects:
Every time a creature that uses poisons or acids attempts to attack with them, the damage normally done by the poisonous/corrosive substances instead turns on the creature(the spell also temporarily negates any immunity to the creature may have) doing full damage to them.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Haven't had time to fully flesh this out, but I wanted to write down the idea.

Harden Familiar
Level 9
This spell temporarily converts some of the mage's Hit Points into MDC protection for his/her familiar. Every point of health sacrificed grants 3 points of MDC protection to the creature. Those caster's who are MDC creatures themselves donate health at a 1:1 ratio instead the 1:3. Only works with familiars created via the Level 9 Invocation, Familiar Link. Hit Points (or MD) donated can not healed or recovered as long as the spell is active. After the spell, normal healing rules apply (magic or otherwise).

Does not grant any other bonuses to the familiar, only protection.

Duration: 5 minutes per level of the caster.
Cost: 30 PPE, plus whatever amount of Hit Points the mage wishes to convert.
Range: N/A - automatically works on the caster's familiar.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
taalismn
Priest

Mack wrote:Haven't had time to fully flesh this out, but I wanted to write down the idea.

Harden Familiar.

Works for me.
"Do I save my life energy for myself, or do I pump a substantial portion of it into my Familiar, since everybody here seems to be suddenly taking an interest in whacking the squirrel that came in on my shoulder?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

I was looking at it from the perspective of “My little buddy ain’t gonna make it past the first frag grenade if I don’t do something!”
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
taalismn
Priest

Mack wrote:I was looking at it from the perspective of “My little buddy ain’t gonna make it past the first frag grenade if I don’t do something!”

"Why's this big bad wizard guy casting 'Armor of Ithan' on that pigeon? Hmmm....."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

make it a suit out of the scraps of blind warrior woman "armour" and cast the spell that makes a person take MD as SDC after the armour is destroyed?
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

Magical Landmine (I need a better name)
Level 7 Combat Magic (see Merc Adventures sourcebook)
Damage: 1D4x10 MD, +2 MD per level of experience
Duration: 1 hour per level of experience
Saving Throw: Victim may attempt to Save vs magic with a -2 penalty.
PPE: Thirty (30)

This spell creates a magic circle on the ground or wall, which will explode with magical energy when disturbed. During it's creation, the mage must choose how large a creature must be to trigger the effect (larger than a rabbit, a person, a horse, etc). The circle is invisible to the naked eye, but visible via See Aura, See the Invisible, Eyes of the Wolf, and similar spells/abilities. Likewise, it is easily detectable by Sense Magic, or the abilities of a Psi-Stalker / Dog Boy.

The circle can be removed either by the creator, or via the Negate Magic or Dispel Magic Barrier spells. The creator is not immune to the circle and may inadvertently hurt himself.

The circle has a minimum diameter of 1 foot, and a maximum diameter of 1 foot per level of experience. The magical explosion inflicts 1D4x10 MD, plus an additional 2 MD per level of experience. The spell's duration is 1 hour per level of experience. Thus a level 6 mage can create a circle up to 6 feet wide, that inflicts 1D4x10 +12 MD, and lasts for 6 hours.

The mage may create multiple circles provided they do not overlap.

Casting this spell requires one full melee (15 seconds) of concentration.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
taalismn
Priest

I'd just call it 'Magical Mine'.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Gather and Shape Plastic (Invocation/Ritual)
Modern post-industrial environments tend to be -rife- with plastic pollution. Most ‘pre-green’ plastics don’t decay as other materials do, but instead are simply ground finer and finer by the elements untiil they become a widely-distributed and dangerous particulate residue. This spell filters and gathers up the synthetic plastic waste(plastic bags, fragments, flakes) in an area and collects it in a single solid shape.
Level: 9
Type: (Invocation/Ritual)
Range: (Invocation)10 ft radius per level of experience
(Ritual) 100 ft radius per level of experience
Duration: 1d4 minutes, during which plastic scraps and pieces seem to ‘snow’ towards the casting center.
PPE Cost: (Invocation) 30
(Ritual) 100
Effects:
Collects plastic trash and pollutants(up to 50 lbs per level of experience for the invocation, 300 lbs per level of experience for the ritual, so multiple castings might be necessary for particularly heavily polluted areas) in the affected area and pulls them into a solid shape in the center of the casting area.
For the invocation the mage needs to have a sample of the plastic type they are planning to collect, and holds it in their hand when casting the spell.
For the ritual, the mage can set samples of up to six different plastic types in the ritual design before casting. Each different plastic will be collected into its own collective pile(though the maximum amount will be 300 lbs/number of different plastics being collected, per level of experience) .

Fang-Buster(Invocation)
Fang-Buster essentially magically reverses a creature’s fangs/bite such that for the duration of the spell, the creature’s bite attack does damage only to itself.
Duration: 1 melee per level of experience
PPE Cost: 20
Effects:
Causes bite attacks to reverse; they now do damage only to the creature, every time the creature attempts to bite during the spell’s duratiion. Also, on a ‘to strike’ roll of 17-20, the creature does DOUBLE damage to itself. Used on vampires, Fang-Buster negates their ability to perform bite attacks.

Inner Poison(Invocation)
Similar to Fang-Buster in that it turns an attacker’s biological weaponry on itself, Inner Poison turns any acids or venomous poisons the creature may possess on itself by trapping the substances inside the attacker and turning them against them.
Level: 8
Effects:
Every time a creature that uses poisons or acids attempts to attack with them, the damage normally done by the poisonous/corrosive substances instead turns on the creature(the spell also temporarily negates any immunity to the creature may have) doing full damage to them.

Sex Magnet(Invocation)
Level: 10
Range: 50 ft +20 ft per level of experience
The effect radiates out 10 ft per level of experience from the target.
Duration: 15 minutes per level of experience
Saving Throw: Standard for those of the same gender as the target or of same sex preferences opposite that of the target, -4 for those of the opposite gender or possessing a same sex preference towards the target, -2 for those of the same general species-type as the target(such as, for humans, elves, dwarves, and ogres), +2 for those not of the same species/general type as the target.
PPE Cost: 60
Effects:
Though regarded as the holy grail of virgin and single mages, Sex Magnet was actually formulated as a CURSE. Cast on a subject, it makes them unknowingly virtually irresistable to others as a potential conjugal partner. Those entering the area of effect and failing to save versus the magic will become instantly attracted to the subject and incredibly turned on, growing increasingly frustrated and stupid-crazy in their approaches to the target. Though stopping short of physically harming the subject of their affections, the collateral victims of this spell may engage in very public displays of affection, hugging, kissing, serenading, begging, pleading, proposing, disrobing, fighting with others also affected, stropping themselves against the target, and generally acting like love-starved buffoons.
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

so does the ritual version of the gather and shape plastic spell give you one ball of plastic, or 6? :P

(also, i'm imagining someone casting this spell on a group of people wearing armour or using vehicles with plastic in them... a 100 foot radius per level could get to be pretty hilarious :P )
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Shark_Force wrote:so does the ritual version of the gather and shape plastic spell give you one ball of plastic, or 6? :P

(also, i'm imagining someone casting this spell on a group of people wearing armour or using vehicles with plastic in them... a 100 foot radius per level could get to be pretty hilarious :P )
The spell is not very specific. I'm wondering the amount of plastic collected in terms of weight and mass.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[The spell is not very specific. I'm wondering the amount of plastic collected in terms of weight and mass.

Revised to include a maximum weight collected per level of experience...as much as I'd love to see a single casting collect a TOWER of waste plastic.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:The spell is not very specific. I'm wondering the amount of plastic collected in terms of weight and mass.

Revised to include a maximum weight collected per level of experience...as much as I'd love to see a single casting collect a TOWER of waste plastic.
Thank you for your time and attention.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Thank you for your time and attention.

All in the service of creating better material. ;)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Makeover
Level: Three
Duration: Permanent.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Ten
This useful spell creates a complete makeover for a voluntary subject, including cosmetics, hair, clothes. It even polishes teeth and eliminates plaque. Changes are as permanent as those made in a beauty salon. The degree of style in the tailoring is determined by a skill test against either the caster’s Cosmetology or Disguise or Wardrobe & Grooming. Use of this spell in the performance of the previous skills gives a +20% on the skill performance.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”