Ideas for magic weapons,s powers.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Ideas for magic weapons,s powers.

Unread post by gaby »

Love to see Ideas for Magic weapons and items,s powers.

I known of the Ones from PFrpg and HU.

I have a helmet:that give nightversion and brethe without air both can be active 2 time a day for 10 minutes.

Show me your ideas?
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Re: Ideas for magic weapons,s powers.

Unread post by zerombr »

we're talking non-rune weapons and items?

I once had an alchemist enchant a brush that dries hair as it brushes, since my character had a ladyfriend who had very, very long hair.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Vincent Takeda
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: 44 years in denver, but now in grand rapids.

Unread post by Vincent Takeda »

Powers2 super invention lets you put together something like this. Only thing I've considered in this vein so far is some tech goggles with various combinations of night vision, ir, uv, xray, telescopic, living anatomy, sense death and destruction, paranormal vision, and impervious to control and posession.

Maybe a wrist blaster that can perform venomous attack, mental stun and disruptive touch...
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

if my secret operative article gets published, there's a whole part to it about how to design your own gadget. >.>
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I like offering the abilities for magic weapons found in Nightbane book 2: Nightlands as additional choices. This needs some heavy GM discretion though, and some of the more powerful ones I make count as two or even three selections.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
pad300
Wanderer

Unread post by pad300 »

zerombr wrote:if my secret operative article gets published, there's a whole part to it about how to design your own gadget. >.>

If you're looking for another article topic, have you considered expanding this to the hardware classes? Yeah, I have heard much talk about Hardware Unlimited, but it appears to be pining for the fjords...
Thom001
Explorer

Unread post by Thom001 »

I was in a campaign where the characters had to find items that were "cursed". There was a lot of items (about 30) and I can't remember them all but off the top of my head I remember:

-a bandana (tied like old style train bandits over the nose and lower face) that blurred the figures face from electronics, breathe normally through toxins, or it could be had a similar effect like that superhero power where people aren't remembered (ironically I cannot remember the name of that power currently). A player character had to roll to get above a certain number to recall details, but if they rolled below a certain number the details were permanently lost. For electronics it could be used once a day and lasted for an hour I think. I don't remember the rules for toxins.

-a key that when inserted into a keyhole and turned would open a door to anywhere the holder could imagine. It had 20 charges before it had to be recharged. Recharging it cost a percentage of SDC in the form of making the recharger ill.

-earbuds that heard lies. When someone was lying to you it changed their voice pitch during the lie. This also included intentionally leaving things out or exaggerating. In those instances the wearer would hear a quiet pop sound akin to a phone ringtone set very low. But they could only be worn for short periods of time because if the wearer kept them on they caused ever increasing negatives like migraines, vertigo, temporary hearing loss, loss of pitches of hearing, bleeding from the ears, and then deafness.

-glasses that could see dead people. It was always active. But the longer they were worn the more of a beacon it became to aggressive spirits.

-a silver bracelet with diamonds and emeralds inlaid that once you put on could not be taken off until the bracelet was fed blood. It put the wearer and anyone else the wearer made aware of the situation into a time loop like groundhog day. But for every person made aware two people in the town died.

-a flower pot was a pocket dimension to hold things. But it also held all the things other people had put in it. It was "overfull" and sometimes those things would pop back out (like a blob monster).

-a big heavy briefcase (25lbs with no way to carry it on your back) that would recharge energy weapons once a day

Thats all I remember. Hope those inspired something.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I've done a ring that let a character pilot a golem, VR style. Not sure if that really fits what you were looking for, but it would work for HU as an actual golem, or let the player control a stone or metal body built with the APS powers, but remotely.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

I dig it!
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I know you mentioned in the original post that you were familiar with PF magical powers, but what about Crystal gear from Island at the Edge of the World?

I 've seen a game with a Psychic with what was basically crystal gear from PF. It stole away some ISP, but gave an interesting mix to the character, and as I recall made them more combat worthy. I know the crystal stuff falls into the PF category, but it is pretty different from the enchanted weapons/rune weapons powers.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”