Hunter/Vigilante revisited

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dreicunan
Hero

Re: Hunter/Vigilante revisited

Unread post by dreicunan »

zerombr wrote:
Father Goose wrote:As for renaming the category, how about Stalker? It works equally well for Big Game Hunter characters as it does for Urban Vigilante characters, etc.

Lastly, I would love to see your finished product converted to an OCC as well, for use in games that use OCCs instead of Power Categories. I think it could have a great niche not quite filled by Scout and Bounty Hunter type OCCs.

Hmm the Hunter does have a very specific skillset, I don't see what'd really need to change for it to be an OCC.

From a skill perspective, the class has 33 Scholastic/OCC skills (counting expert as worth two) and between 5 (worst roll) and 11 (best roll) secondary skills. Assume average rolls for secondary and you get 8 skills, and if you run with that you'd give them 41 skills, plus their 5 special skills. Honestly, the character as written in HU2 probably works better as an OCC in other games than it works in HU2!
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

as it stands yeah, a hunter in a heroic vein, one that can stand against mutants and the like, they need more to work with! I'm still working on that
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

just sent this one off, lets see if it gets into a Rifter before it ends!
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

zerombr wrote:just sent this one off, lets see if it gets into a Rifter before it ends!

Can't wait to see it. I have liked all your other Revisions so I'm sure this one will be good too.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

thanks! but not sure if its gonna make it. In theory I probably have something for the each of the last two Rifters since I do Heroes stuff, and it specifically mentions Heroes as being in both.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

zerombr wrote:thanks! but not sure if its gonna make it. In theory I probably have something for the each of the last two Rifters since I do Heroes stuff, and it specifically mentions Heroes as being in both.

How many as yet to be published articles have you submitted to them.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

five :D
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

zerombr wrote:five :D

That's a lot. Besides the Vigilante what else have you submitted that hasn't been published, if you don't mind me asking :?:

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”