Board index » SDC Worlds » The Mechanoids®

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Snagged a Signed Copy!
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:59 am
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:02 pm
Posts: 275
So I've been ordering some of the SDC world books off of Ebay and Amazon lately, and I just got in my very own copy of the Mechanoids Invasion Trilogy this morning! I started perusing it here at work and lo and behold, it looks like I managed to get myself a signed copy of the book. It wasn't in the description of the auction, and I only paid $3.99 (and only $3.50 for shipping and handling) for the book itself. I feel like I've snagged myself a pretty awesome deal here. Plus, the book is in really good shape, so I couldn't be happier.

Just thought I would share!

Thanks,
Captain Nibbz

_________________
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:45 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1410
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Was it the original The Mechanoids? If so that is a really good deal. I picked one up a few year ago but I had to take it to an open house to get it signed.

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of the NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Ultimate Insider - World Book 32: Lemuria
Ultimate Insider - World Book 33: Northern Gun 1
Ultimate Insider - World Book 34: Northern Gun 2
Proud Showdown Level Backer - Robotech RPG Tactics


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:40 pm
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:02 pm
Posts: 275
Warshield73 wrote:
Was it the original The Mechanoids? If so that is a really good deal. I picked one up a few year ago but I had to take it to an open house to get it signed.


It was a copy of the reprinted combination book. So, not quite as exciting as if it were the original booklets. But hey, I'll take what I can get.

_________________
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:11 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1410
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
As I understand it the Original Mechanoids was three separate books printed on newsprint starting in 1981. I have never seen any of those around and I'm not sure if even Kevin has copies of them. I asked him if he had them at the first POH and he said something to the effect of 'didn't know but doubted it'. I believe this is what was reprinted in the Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy which is still available and I own.

The older one I have is the updated The Mechanoids which is from '85. It is the one I had to take to the POH to get signed.

My pride and joy, as far as Mechanoids goes, are my copies of the 3 Mechanoids Comic books published by Caliber back in 1990. It was supposed to be 5 parts but as far as I know they only published the first three issues. They aren't great but they are a fun read.

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of the NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Ultimate Insider - World Book 32: Lemuria
Ultimate Insider - World Book 33: Northern Gun 1
Ultimate Insider - World Book 34: Northern Gun 2
Proud Showdown Level Backer - Robotech RPG Tactics


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:28 am
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 5:01 pm
Posts: 2284
Congrats on the great find! And now run the game!

The original is a great RPG. I've run it many times and I'm consistently surprised how much fun each session has been. The PCs are waaaay over their heads so they get creative fast.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:40 pm
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:07 am
Posts: 220
Location: Varies
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"
Warshield73 wrote:
As I understand it the Original Mechanoids was three separate books printed on newsprint starting in 1981. I have never seen any of those around and I'm not sure if even Kevin has copies of them. I asked him if he had them at the first POH and he said something to the effect of 'didn't know but doubted it'. I believe this is what was reprinted in the Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy which is still available and I own.

The older one I have is the updated The Mechanoids which is from '85. It is the one I had to take to the POH to get signed.

My pride and joy, as far as Mechanoids goes, are my copies of the 3 Mechanoids Comic books published by Caliber back in 1990. It was supposed to be 5 parts but as far as I know they only published the first three issues. They aren't great but they are a fun read.


Kevin does have a copy of the original. He showed it off in his office during his interview with Artichoke Dip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjSwbOJDRLA

_________________
taalismn wrote:
Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:14 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1410
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Father Goose wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
As I understand it the Original Mechanoids was three separate books printed on newsprint starting in 1981. I have never seen any of those around and I'm not sure if even Kevin has copies of them. I asked him if he had them at the first POH and he said something to the effect of 'didn't know but doubted it'. I believe this is what was reprinted in the Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy which is still available and I own.

The older one I have is the updated The Mechanoids which is from '85. It is the one I had to take to the POH to get signed.

My pride and joy, as far as Mechanoids goes, are my copies of the 3 Mechanoids Comic books published by Caliber back in 1990. It was supposed to be 5 parts but as far as I know they only published the first three issues. They aren't great but they are a fun read.


Kevin does have a copy of the original. He showed it off in his office during his interview with Artichoke Dip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjSwbOJDRLA

I saw that too and I meant to post about it but I forgot. I have to admit I was really surprised when he pulled those out as the impression I had was that they were all gone. Wonder how many they have?

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of the NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Ultimate Insider - World Book 32: Lemuria
Ultimate Insider - World Book 33: Northern Gun 1
Ultimate Insider - World Book 34: Northern Gun 2
Proud Showdown Level Backer - Robotech RPG Tactics


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:10 pm
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:07 am
Posts: 220
Location: Varies
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"
Warshield73 wrote:
I saw that too and I meant to post about it but I forgot. I have to admit I was really surprised when he pulled those out as the impression I had was that they were all gone. Wonder how many they have?


Good question. Someone should ask about it at the next POH.

_________________
taalismn wrote:
Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:35 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 1410
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Father Goose wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
I saw that too and I meant to post about it but I forgot. I have to admit I was really surprised when he pulled those out as the impression I had was that they were all gone. Wonder how many they have?


Good question. Someone should ask about it at the next POH.

Like I said I did ask at the first POH during the office tour. Since I have never seen any of these up for sale on KS's auction pages or at auction at the POH's they can't have that many.

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of the NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Ultimate Insider - World Book 32: Lemuria
Ultimate Insider - World Book 33: Northern Gun 1
Ultimate Insider - World Book 34: Northern Gun 2
Proud Showdown Level Backer - Robotech RPG Tactics


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group