Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

Post subject: Your power combinations.
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:15 am

D-Bee

Hi I'm just curious to know what are some of your best power combinations.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:14 am

Adventurer

Comment: "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79
"Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81
"Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
I'll mention what I did on Facebook. Firstly, know that I'm not looking for 'gotcha' combinations that render foes completely and utterly helpless.

-Portals and energy expulsion. the EE was displayed as opening tiny portals that energy poured out of.

-Electrical field + robotic skills. Character made some very simple robotic minions that were powered by her electricity field.

-any super speed + gravitational plane. Finally be able to run up walls.

and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:49 am

Hero

Shrink, constant mass, + Rocket Fists. Now you can literally be a human bullet!

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:10 pm

Adventurer

Alter Physical Structure: Bone (Skeletal Form) + Indestructible Bones (+ Shadow Cloak, for a great visual)

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:56 pm

Adventurer

filo_clarke wrote:
Alter Physical Structure: Bone (Skeletal Form) + Indestructible Bones (+ Shadow Cloak, for a great visual)

hmmmmmmm I'm not sure how this could be used without being immune to damage. What'd you do for it?

and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:04 am

Hero

zerombr wrote:
filo_clarke wrote:

hmmmmmmm I'm not sure how this could be used without being immune to damage. What'd you do for it?

APS Bone already makes the character's bones unbreakable anyways, so Indestructible Bones would only be contributing a bit of extra damage (1d6) to punches and kicks, +1 to pull punch, and 4d6 to SDC when not in bone form (which gives an exact amount of SDC).

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:31 am

Hero

Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!
Kalimari was a Symbiot Hero from PU2
His powers were Prodigious Multiple Limbs + Natural Combat Ability + Multi Tasking (eyes in the back of the head, and breath water were his other abilities)

The concept being that the host didn't know how to fight, so all the combat abilities were a function of the symbiot fighting.
That said, Combining anything that gives you Multiple Limbs with Multi Tasking has always been a fun combo

Death Count was a mystically bestowed hero
His Powers were Weapon Warping (Heroes of the Megaverse) + Defensive Immunity (PU3)

Now Heroes of the Megaverse may not be a standard source for HU powers [And most of them aren't good selections] however there are a few that I like (Weapon Warping and Unchained come to mind). The primary use in Death Count's case is that his weapons warp in such a way that they can harm anyone they strike. Defensive Immunity allows you to become immune to one type of attack. Thus the character is now able to adapt to any attack and overcome any defense. This makes the villain a perfect character who has to be "fought as a team"

Alternative Defensive immunity would be a good companion power to any offensive power that ignores people's defense. Or a Magic Weapon

Metal Master was a Mutant
Powers of Matter Expulsion Metal (PU1) + Metal Manipulation (PU3)

Clear the idea is to create his own metal and then even further enhance his creation. Increase the AR of his Armor, Sharpen his Metal Sword are the obvious. Using Restore Metal on his own armor may be borderline cheating. Shoot Metal Pieces from Metal Manipulation does more damage than Shoot Metal Blades from Metal Expulsion.

Practically speaking there is a variety of powers that allow you to create something then use a different power to manipulate it

Transmode was an Experiment
His powers were Transmutation (PU3) + Copy Physical Structure (HU2) + Extraordinary IQ (PU3)

The Primary Setup is that with Transmutation he can create any substance that he wants to copy the physical properties of. Further combined with Extraordinary IQ with a specialization in Chemistry you give your character an excuse to be able to imagine advanced compounds.

As a general combo we would be looking at anything that allows you to create whatever it is you're capable of absorbing

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:52 am

Adventurer

dreicunan wrote:
zerombr wrote:
filo_clarke wrote:

APS Bone already makes the character's bones unbreakable anyways, so Indestructible Bones would only be contributing a bit of extra damage (1d6) to punches and kicks, +1 to pull punch, and 4d6 to SDC when not in bone form (which gives an exact amount of SDC).

Ah good, see my instinct was that this was an attempt to make APS Bone invulnerable to harm. Cool.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:50 am

Dungeon Crawler

Comment: 44 years in denver, but now in grand rapids.
Now that you mention it, metal manipulation and technoform has been a favorite of mine for a while now.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:12 pm

Adventurer

Uncle Servo tried to get a campaign started where we used established heroes as inspiration. It didn't get off the ground, but mine was Captain Comet, Growth/Sonic Flight/and I think APS Stone but I am not sure now
CES

My Amazon Page

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:58 pm

Adventurer

did you use growth and APS at the same time? I'd have called him Rhodes. :D

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:49 am

Adventurer

zerombr wrote:
did you use growth and APS at the same time? I'd have called him Rhodes. :D

We had guidelines. One of us picked Aquaman and became an APS Liquid hero. I had intended my character to be an emergency group transport and a battering ram. I think my calculated damage was enough to knock planes out of the sky if I could catch them
CES

My Amazon Page

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:53 pm

Wanderer

A super soldier (PU2)
Alter Limbs, Conduct Electricity, Multiple Limbs (arms)
Internal Robot Medical System, Phenomenal Balance, Hypnotic Mental Conditioning, Mind and Body More Attuned
Special Weapon: Mini-Fusion generator for electrical power.
He was code named Gadget. He had mechanical, electrical and weapons engineering skills (Weapons Engineer Skill program from HU2 Gm's guide). He could make nearly any kind of gadget from his limbs in the field. Conduct Electricity and the fusion generator allowed him to make electrically powered machines (like say a pump), add a bottle of hydraulic fluid carried around for working fluid and he could do hydraulics - jackhammers and the jaws of life included... Not to mention a wide variety of combat tools from railguns to paint sprayers.

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:57 am

Adventurer

was his rank...Inspector?

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:07 am

Dungeon Crawler

Full shapeshifter loadout: alter facial feature, alter physical body, technoform, metal manipulation, polymorph.

Edit: woot! 200th post!

Last edited by Vincent Takeda on Wed May 08, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:27 pm

Wanderer

zerombr wrote:
was his rank...Inspector?

No, but he got called "Inspector Gadget" by many a snarky villain.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:19 pm

Hero

Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!
Currently day dreaming about a character named Fire Fly
APS Fire + Swarm Selves

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:53 am

Champion

Mutant with 3 Major:

Immortality
Multiple Beings/Selves
Multiple Lives

Only played a few times; character is actually from the Civil War era.

Character has been interested in Law Enforcement and has often been a cop or other government agent. (Skills selection reflects this)

Character does not appear to be a mutant or have super powers; what most people dont know, is that they have never actually met the "real" character at all!

The "real" character lives a rather secluded and secretive life - in a safe house that the duplicates never go directly to unless they die. The person everyone has met is one of his doubles, who essentially lives the "outside" life, as the 'real' person sends the other duplicates out to aid in investigations, create alibis, and organizes all the information.

He is an expert in disguise (just via skills and cosmetics, no powers) so his other doubles can often come and go and even briefly interact with one another without much trouble.

The power combination makes the character pretty durable (gets lots of bonuses to PE, HP, and SDC) and he heals quick. Since it is always a double out in the field, if the double dies, its spirit floats off to regenerate - if close enough, straight home to the safe house, if not, to one of several safe spots that are set up.

Then they go back to their creator/true self and re-integrate.

This neatly avoids the one downfall of both Multiple Beings/Selves and Mutiple Lives... .

The Doubles actually cant be completely killed unless they are done in while regenerating, and then they dont suffer the penatlies for having died - or rather, they do, briefly, until they are re-integrated to the "true" character and then spit out again, at which time they are once again a complete copy of the original (who hasnt died) and no longer suffer any penalties.

Even if the bad guys figure out they are not dealing with the original (or even figure out that there is more than one of him in the first place!) they have to find the original, and even if they DO manage to kill him... chances are he gets away and regenerates anyway!

Its not super powerful up-front, isnt a combat monster, and is definitely a thinking mans character (like having one double provide sniper cover for another, the one acting as the "main" personality.)

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Knight

As noted, Swarm Selves is a great power for combos. Swarm-Selves with Totem Energy Animal to make a pack of "normal" sized energy wolves. Swarm-Selves with Growth to make "normal" sized copies when you want them. Swarm-Selves and Animal Abilities, or Control Others to give the little guys animals to ride.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Adventurer

i don't like swarm selves or multiple beings. I feel they're just links to power whore too much.

On the other hand, I wish I'd see Elasticity have more play.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Knight

There has to be a way to make a Rubber Band attack out of that. Elasticity and Energy Fists or something.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:17 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Elasticity and rocket fists?

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Knight

But make him launch as a human slingshot. Perfect!

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:45 am

D-Bee

Comment: "A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka
My current character is a Teen Girl by the name of Ragamuffin (Abigail Riley) Lvl - 4

APS: Ragdoll
Shrink
Toy Control
Instant Wardrobe
Impervious to Heat & Fire

Her shrink ability only activates when she turns to a ragdoll (12" doll, Abby is 5'0"). Once in ragdoll form she has her "minions" other toys she keeps in the Instant Wardrobe Space, while Abby's clothes are stored in the 1st pocket assist her in a crime spree. It is important to note that she has the Jekyll & Hyde syndrome, Abby is a sweet teen girl (Scrupulous) while Ragamuffin is an evil murderous doll (Miscreant) with Abby's best 'interest' in mind. More often than not poor Abby will wake up somewhere surrounded by loot from one of Ragamuffin's crime sprees! Yes she also steals expensive toys, Abby LOVES dolls.

On a side note: Someone once said Instant Wardrobe was a worthless power. I assure you, it's not. It's an extra dimensional place to store my stuff, loots, clothes, weapons, etc. You get a space at each level and the spaces can all hold your level x 20 lbs. each. So if Ragamuffin steals some high end toys, puts them in a sack then stores them for Abby, and the cops find Abby wandering outside (she thinks she sleepwalks), then cops bring her home and when she wakes up in her room she has tons of new things!

The best part is the hero group is looking for the Evil Toy Master Ragamuffin. No one has ever seen her! Only heard her creepy laugh!

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:09 am

Dungeon Crawler

I kinda wanna give Dane and Rifka a samoyed puppy with natural combat ability, venomous attack, and transfixing gaze.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Knight

Jim, you scare me....awesome character.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:43 pm

D-Bee

Comment: "A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka
RockJock wrote:
Jim, you scare me....awesome character.

Thanks. I have her sheet on a PDF, a real masterpiece but now only to make room for loots without going to page 2. :-)

Unread postPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:34 am

Dungeon Crawler

I began creating a team of minor like heroes with strange power combos. They've really grown on me and have become my favorite team.

In the story they were originally called Justice, however, due to their powers, the media began calling them 'Strange' Justice and the name stuck.

- The Fabricator (Leader)
- Fabric Manipulation
- Whip Attack
- Weightless (Super Invention Belt)
- Day job is a police officer, wears full modern armor covered in cloth strips with 2 bull whips he uses to swing through the city, uses plastic eggs to hold fabric to throw at opponents to ensnare them.

- Dodgeball
- Dwarfing (permanent)
- Super Bounce
- Enhanced Leaping
- Genius level intellect and best friends with crush. Uses enhanced leaping to increase his damage and height when bouncing.

- Crush
- Enlarge Body Parts
- Anatomical Independence
- Hardened Skin
- Forearms and hands are permanently larger than normal (think Popeye), Will ride on an enlarged hand, or will throw his small hand into the air to have it land on (crush) an opponent.

- Silent Slider
- Sliding
- Warp Sound
- EE Sonic Boom
- Permanently muted within a 3ft radius around her, will use the sonic boom behind her to slide faster, enjoys using warp sound to trick opponents into fighting each other.

- Mighty Maxine
- Tentacle Hair
- Flight: Glide
- Extraordinary PP
- Uses her hair to glide, has a large braid in the back that has a stun gun woven into it and uses it like a scorpion tail, will sometimes braid other things like knives or hammers into her hair too.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:45 am

Adventurer

the idea of throwing your arm up into the air, to come down on someone is pretty amusing. Too bad the power itself is a little weaksauce for a major. but I like the team. I've never really gotten any use of the fabric abilities

Unread postPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Explorer

Comment: Reflux adept.
2 Major powers and 1 Minor power.

Shape Shifter: Unlimited - Gain the natural abilities of whatever you morph into up to a dragon and intuitively know how to use them.

Bio Aura - Equipment/Armor can shape shift with you while maintaining protective qualities and in some cases disappear. Your equipment also gains any protection you have. The book example is if you have impervious to fire and heat so does your clothes and armor. Weight Limit is 100 pounds.

Weight Manipulation - 100 pounds per action added or subtracted. If you wish to maintain effect it cost 1 action per melee.

Whenever you shape shift you can bring all the gear you have with you due to WM. With SS:U you can gain just about any fancy passive like see the invisible, regeneration, dimensional teleport (1500 pound weight limit I think not), SN PS and/or PE, etc.

I've also thought about SS:U with Swarm Selves.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:08 am

Invisible Pink Unicorn

csyphrett wrote:
Uncle Servo tried to get a campaign started where we used established heroes as inspiration. It didn't get off the ground, but mine was Captain Comet, Growth/Sonic Flight/and I think APS Stone but I am not sure now
CES

It was Growth, SF and APS ICE.(hence Comet).

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:16 am

Invisible Pink Unicorn

jlm2924 wrote:
On a side note: Someone once said Instant Wardrobe was a worthless power. I assure you, it's not. It's an extra dimensional place to store my stuff, loots, clothes, weapons, etc. You get a space at each level and the spaces can all hold your level x 20 lbs. each. So if Ragamuffin steals some high end toys, puts them in a sack then stores them for Abby, and the cops find Abby wandering outside (she thinks she sleepwalks), then cops bring her home and when she wakes up in her room she has tons of new things!

The best part is the hero group is looking for the Evil Toy Master Ragamuffin. No one has ever seen her! Only heard her creepy laugh!

Dimensional Pockets power might work well with her, any pocket you reach into can be used by you to access an infinite dimensional pocket.
You can auto-grab anything you remember putting in there when you reach into a pocket.

This would let Ragamuffin p ull out weapons and explosives seemingly at will. Helping scare off any would be heroes(if she had to confront them).