What is in the Super Sleuth update in Rifter 81?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

What are the all New Special skills?

What do you think is the best parts in it?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: What is in the Super Sleuth update in Rifter 81?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

gaby wrote:What is in the Super Sleuth update in Rifter 81?
What are the all New Special skills?

Well you start with some game mechanics including evidence colection and interrogation.
Notes on skills like streetwise Gunsmithing and a new one Lore: Criminal which I think is kind of cool but not sure I would classify it as lore.
New special skills including criminal insights and digital intrusion

A couple of dozen special skills that you get to choose those you want.

All and all the character can be way more specialized than before.

Also some new equipment and 3 sample characters.

gaby wrote:What do you think is the best parts in it?

I like the new Special abilities that you can get as you advance. The old Sleuth was kind of generic, as are most of the skills PCs, but this really allows you to create a unique, and in his/her own way, a powerful hero.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

I normally wouldn't make new skills since we happen to have a ton of them, but I added one for Criminals because that's sort of the go-to, its meant to be like, histories of crime families and such, a deeper dive than Streetwise.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

zerombr wrote:I normally wouldn't make new skills since we happen to have a ton of them, but I added one for Criminals because that's sort of the go-to, its meant to be like, histories of crime families and such, a deeper dive than Streetwise.

The only place that I have a problem with too many skills is like Weapons Proficiencies, piloting and tech skills. I think there could be some combining there. Lore, history, and knowledge skills I think you can always add more because as a GM if your players don't have it you just don't use it or give them other ways to find it (the local scholar/wise man, it's a classic for a reason) and encourage your players to add those skills later.

I just already have skill like this that I just call "Streetwise: Criminal Networks" that is regional (region picked by player) and it covers history and conflicts of crime families/syndicates/street gangs.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

if it were up to me, I'd at least halve the amount of skills out there, but thats another conversation! Of course most of those are Tech I am sure, so we're on the same page there. :D
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

zerombr wrote:if it were up to me, I'd at least halve the amount of skills out there, but thats another conversation! Of course most of those are Tech I am sure, so we're on the same page there. :D

I come nowhere close to that number of skill reduction, especially not in Heroes. I am OK with lots of skills because again there is no rule you need to take them all. I also don't want a situation were you have one roll to see if you know about computers and magical lore. I like limiting players.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”