Minion Wars

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Minion Wars

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

What books in this series would be best as a supplement for PF? I've been thinking of having it spill into my campaign.
I'm assuming the Hades and Dyval books would have some good info. Is anything presented with conversion notes for SDC settings?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Minion Wars

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Whiskeyjack wrote:What books in this series would be best as a supplement for PF? I've been thinking of having it spill into my campaign.
I'm assuming the Hades and Dyval books would have some good info. Is anything presented with conversion notes for SDC settings?

Yes, everything in Hades and Dyval is presented with both SDC settings and MDC setting rules.

Armageddon Unlimited is focused on Heros Unlimited, so not much crossover potential for PF unless you want to introduce Superpowers to the setting though it is technically an SDC setting. Though it does establish that Demon Lords and Dyval Lords can choose to grant witches Superpowers rather than just Magic, so it would be one way to do a crossover.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Thanks Nekira! May get myself a couple of Christmas presents this year. :)
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

I first read about the minion wars in Land of the Damned.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Other than the stats and background in Hades and Dyval books, there really isnt a need for a Palladium-World specific Minion War book, since it has literally been "broken out" into the Palladium World already for thousands of years. Prior to it breaking out everywhere else in the Megaverse, it was already a hot-war in the Land of the Damned going on this entire time.

As for "breaking out" into the rest of the PF world... that would require GM intervention, since unless they are deliberately summoned, they cant leave the Land of the Damned, or they die. Like.. kablooie, bolt from the sky, you're dead back to Hades or Dyval with you. Its part of the enchantment that keeps all the bad guys locked in the Land of the Damned and keeps most of the good folks out.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:As for "breaking out" into the rest of the PF world... that would require GM intervention, since unless they are deliberately summoned, they cant leave the Land of the Damned, or they die.

You're thinking of the undead in the Eternal Torment. The demons & devils can leave the LotD whenever they want.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

For a Minion War-focused campaign, I'd go with the following:

Hades, Dyval: Essential if you want to take folks either place (or have folks who are from either place) and a great resource for demons and devils.

Land of the Damned 1&2. This is where the Minion War has actually been happening for a hundred thousand years. The Blasted Lands and the giant canyon are the epicenter of the conflict and are likely to spill out into other regions in the Land of the Damned.

Dragons & Gods, Monsters & Animals. These books offer lots of interested neutral parties. Lots of gods will want to try to contain the war and protect their followers, faerie folk will want to protect their homes/nature, angels will be out to fight both sides, and lots of creatures will get caught in the middle.

Library of Bletherad has some nice sections on demons that are worth checking out.

High Seas could be useful if you want to play up Black Demon ships as part of your campaign.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Already picked up Hades and Dyval. Will be maki g a slight change in course on the campaign as events from the war will be spilling out into the greater Palladium world.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”