Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:57 pm
  

User avatar
Virtuoso of Variants

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 6745
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Nightmartree wrote:
(And OMG i'm in the black vault!? SQUEEEE, though lol i'm Nightmaretree on there)
Oops, did I misspell your name? I can fix it if you'd like.

_________________
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Main_Page


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:42 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
In my continuing quiet quest to create a superpower for every letter of the alphabet....

Xerox Body(Minor)
“...and just how long, again, did it take you to realize you were, in fact, talking to the equivalent of a cardboard cutout of Doctor Duplex?”

Range: Self
Duration: 30 minutes per level of experience
The superbeing can produce a 3D dummy of themselves. The duplicate is static, possesses no animation, no life signs, but is otherwise a photo-perfect image of the creator. Taking 15 SDC or more of damage reveals it to be a hollow shell of paper-like material, and a good strong breeze can blow it over unless somehow anchored in place. Takes 1 APM to produce a copy+1 per level of experience(so a level 2 character can 'print off' two images of himself with just one action, and at level 3 , 3 copies). Note however, that copies made with one action will all be identical(have the same pose), whereas copies made with separate actions can be posed differently. The maximum number of copies that the superbeing can create in this manner per hour is equivalent to the character's P.E..

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


Last edited by taalismn on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:03 am
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:16 pm
Posts: 230
Location: Rifts Denmark
Comment: 44 years in denver, but now in grand rapids.
Yeah my nephew just set a colorado record on the big 3, but his spotter is his 5'10 amazon girlfriend. He's doing record level benches but its a girl handin him the bar. She's a knockout.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:29 pm
  

User avatar
Virtuoso of Variants

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 6745
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
taalismn wrote:
In my continuing quiet quest to create a superpower for every letter of the alphabet....

Xerox Body(Minor)
One copy per level of experience can be produced per APM.
This is a bit confusing. Does it use an attack to create one? I don't get it.

_________________
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Main_Page


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:12 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:
In my continuing quiet quest to create a superpower for every letter of the alphabet....

Xerox Body(Minor)
One copy per level of experience can be produced per APM.
This is a bit confusing. Does it use an attack to create one? I don't get it.

Fixed the original post for (hopefully) greater clarity. Thanks for the concrit.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:11 pm
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:29 am
Posts: 1788
Location: West Central region of Indiana
Think of the business you could generate (if you were a villain) making and selling what are basically life sized pinata versions of yourself!

_________________
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:
Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:
And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:30 pm
  

User avatar
Virtuoso of Variants

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 6745
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:
In my continuing quiet quest to create a superpower for every letter of the alphabet....

Xerox Body(Minor)
One copy per level of experience can be produced per APM.
This is a bit confusing. Does it use an attack to create one? I don't get it.

Fixed the original post for (hopefully) greater clarity. Thanks for the concrit.
So is the maximum number the same as how many he can create per action, or is it unlimited on how many the character can make? What is the maximum number of copies that can coexist at one time?

_________________
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Main_Page


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:10 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
[So is the maximum number the same as how many he can create per action, or is it unlimited on how many the character can make? What is the maximum number of copies that can coexist at one time?




Ah-Hah! Another thing I overlooked! Okay, and I've added this to the OP.
The maximum number of copies that the superbeing can create in this manner per hour is equivalent to the character's P.E..

Sure, with a 30-minute+ lifespan per copy, you can clutter up the landscape pretty messily with 3d standups of yourself, but this is BULK Xerox....and anybody using more than Mark 1 Eyeball's going to see the dummies(unless, of course, you got some other power, like thermal stealth, in which case their job just got a LOT harder :D )

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:07 pm
  

User avatar
Virtuoso of Variants

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 6745
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
[So is the maximum number the same as how many he can create per action, or is it unlimited on how many the character can make? What is the maximum number of copies that can coexist at one time?




Ah-Hah! Another thing I overlooked! Okay, and I've added this to the OP.
The maximum number of copies that the superbeing can create in this manner per hour is equivalent to the character's P.E..

Sure, with a 30-minute+ lifespan per copy, you can clutter up the landscape pretty messily with 3d standups of yourself, but this is BULK Xerox....and anybody using more than Mark 1 Eyeball's going to see the dummies(unless, of course, you got some other power, like thermal stealth, in which case their job just got a LOT harder :D )
Thanks for the clarification. Wouldn't want the power being misused after all. No time to post the changes to the Vault today, have to do it tomorrow. 8)

_________________
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Main_Page


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:10 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
S'right. Gotta change the toner cartridge on my Clon-a-matic anyways.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:51 am
  

User avatar
D-Bee

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:39 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Illinois
Comment: Since 01/16/2019 I have a Malayan Pit Viper animal herald for Role-Playing.
An elemental ash lifestyle.

The person would be able to have melee attacks pass through their/them while they honed themselves to be intangible, colonic blasts and concussive waves could fight them, or if they were to busy against an opponent they could be harmed when not aware of how to guard themselves.

A blaster rifle would be handy. Maybe a flamethrower to deter the effect of losing their guard.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:34 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Sebastian wrote:
An elemental ash lifestyle.

The person would be able to have melee attacks pass through their/them while they honed themselves to be intangible, colonic blasts and concussive waves could fight them, or if they were to busy against an opponent they could be harmed when not aware of how to guard themselves.

A blaster rifle would be handy. Maybe a flamethrower to deter the effect of losing their guard.



This needs some work to define.

Decide if it's a Minor or Major power. Build from there.

Define what 'Elemental Ash' is....Lifestyle? Sounds like you're trying to describe an Alter Physical Structure power? What would be the 'ash' form of Elemental Water? Of Elemental Air?
Intangible...There's an existing Intangibility power. If you wanted to combine it with an Elemental power, the best way to do that would be to take both Intangibility and the appropriate APS, and consider the appearance of attacks passing through the Element would be a special effect associated with that(attack going through a wall of flames or a cloud of mist).


Many Elemental powers have some form of damage resistance built in and vulnerabilities. Likewise for Intangibility.

Your other option, if you're dead set on creating a power, is to choose an Element, and give it a form of intangibility, but pare away all the other powers associated with the Element...like making yourself a cloud of smoke....with penalties like 'vulnerable to wind/air currents' in addition to sonics or energy blasts...that's one way of creating a higher--end Minor power or a weak Major power.

Also try to use terms familiar to the Palladium game system...I was a bit puzzled by 'losing their guard'. You mean dropping the power?

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:31 pm
  

User avatar
Virtuoso of Variants

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 6745
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
What is a colonic blast? Do you mean cyclonic? I agree with Taalismn that you need to define this power more concisely. There is a thread in this stickied section of the forum on how to format powers.

_________________
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Main_Page


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:39 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
What is a colonic blast? Do you mean cyclonic? I agree with Taalismn that you need to define this power more concisely. There is a thread in this stickied section of the forum on how to format powers.



Ah yes, the 'colonic blast'...sounds like something the Spleen or Beanman does... :nuke:

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:25 am
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:10 am
Posts: 207
When was the black vault last updated?


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:21 pm
  

User avatar
Virtuoso of Variants

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 6745
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
ScottBernard wrote:
When was the black vault last updated?
I have not posted anything there in a while. Why do you ask?

_________________
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Main_Page


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:34 pm
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:10 am
Posts: 207
I couldnt see a page for updates so I was just wondering if there was anything new.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:36 pm
  

User avatar
Virtuoso of Variants

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 6745
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
ScottBernard wrote:
I couldnt see a page for updates so I was just wondering if there was anything new.
Nothing new there in about a year. There are some things that could be posted over that are not powers, but I have been busy with other priorities.

_________________
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Main_Page


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:56 pm
  

User avatar
Virtuoso of Variants

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 6745
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
The trick right now for me is trying to come up with powers that have not already been covered by existing powers. I'll come up with an idea only to research and find out it's already been written up.

_________________
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Main_Page


          Top  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:50 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2001 1:01 am
Posts: 1037
Location: auburn
Boxing glove:a variation of adhesion-you can form boxing gloves out of loose stones or other loose & hard materials. It has 1d12 sdc or mdc in campaigns have such a System in place. It’s a minor power of course.

_________________
howdey folks!!!!!!!!


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:32 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
abe wrote:
Boxing glove:a variation of adhesion-you can form boxing gloves out of loose stones or other loose & hard materials. It has 1d12 sdc or mdc in campaigns have such a System in place. It’s a minor power of course.




I'd just go with an existing power like one of the Elemental Control variants or Body Weapons.
You also don't define duration or any bonus damage it does, or any other properties it may possess('loose & hard materials'? Does this include plastic? Metal shavings? Stale fruitcake crumbs?).
Abe....while a dodecahedron is one of the Platonic Solids, it's not one of the dice traditionally used in Palladium games(maybe in the game systems you usually play, but not Palladium). Palladium traditionally uses d4, d6, d8, d10, and d20.

My advice on this is to think longer on it and revise it before posting.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:05 pm
  

User avatar
Virtuoso of Variants

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 6745
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
1d12 equates to 2d6,,, I don't think a boxing glove, which is padded, would do that much damage. What you are really trying to create is a matter control power where you are making the character able to create a gauntlet. There are already powers written which do this.

_________________
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Main_Page


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:41 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
..And a range of 1-12 SDC/MDC that covers only one part of the body? That's not worth wasting a Minor Power slot for, especially since Extraordinary P.E. gives you 4d4x10 SDC/MDC for the WHOLE body, plus other bonuses.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:34 pm
  

User avatar
Virtuoso of Variants

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 6745
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
taalismn wrote:
..And a range of 1-12 SDC/MDC that covers only one part of the body? That's not worth wasting a Minor Power slot for, especially since Extraordinary P.E. gives you 4d4x10 SDC/MDC for the WHOLE body, plus other bonuses.
Good point.

_________________
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Main_Page


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:20 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:
..And a range of 1-12 SDC/MDC that covers only one part of the body? That's not worth wasting a Minor Power slot for, especially since Extraordinary P.E. gives you 4d4x10 SDC/MDC for the WHOLE body, plus other bonuses.
Good point.



It gets worse...the Minor Power Body Weapons, which allows you to create blunt hand weapons in addition to bladed ones, DOES single-part armor the limb with that much SDC. So, 'armoring with loose material' is just something the player can use to describe how the power works without having to create a separate power.
That's basic HU.
Always read the basic book.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:15 am
  

User avatar
Explorer

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:43 pm
Posts: 188
Hey- first new power here for a WHILE- let me know what you think, a rather minor but potentially useful power, I think.

Atmospheric Filtration (Minor)
This power creates a field around the possessor that both filters out any negative chemical or environmental factors and also provides unimpeded sight, even in dense smoke or underwater.

Range: Immediate range / Self only. Sight in inclement conditions to 10ft. Range.
Effects: Completely unaffected by airborne toxins/gasses/smoke/etc. When underwater, the field will extract usable oxygen from the water to allow the possessor to breathe normally – immune to the bends as the nitrogen in the bloodstream is also vented out harmlessly through the field instead of building up in the possessor's bloodsteam.
Maximum Depth Tolerance: 500ft. Without external protective gear (pressure).


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:30 am
  

User avatar
Explorer

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:43 pm
Posts: 188
abe wrote:
Boxing glove:a variation of adhesion-you can form boxing gloves out of loose stones or other loose & hard materials. It has 1d12 sdc or mdc in campaigns have such a System in place. It’s a minor power of course.


I had one thought on how this power might be usable and useful, especially in certain campaigns:

Knuckle Dusters
This minor power allows the possessor to generate a coating of various materials over their hands both for offensive and defensive purposes.
Protection: The character receives +20 SDC +3/level of experience protection to their hands and can strike even metal/stone surfaces without harm to themselves.
Offensive: These covers can take any form the possessor desires (fixed at time of character creation) but all provide the user with a bonus of +2d6 to their hand attacks at level +2 damage/level of experience (this is in addition to their normal hand strike damage).
Special: What really makes this power dangerous is the ability of the user to create the coverings out of 1d4+1 different materials- steel is generally a given but the smart user will also potentially pick silver, wood, etc. as additional materials in order to be able to harm certain creatures vulnerable to those materials! Must pick at least 2 of the materials at character creation but can define the additional materials at any future point.
To add an additional material to their repertoire, it must be a material that they are able to hold and examine for a minimum of 1d4 minutes, and they must then make an IQ roll (treat as Charm/Impress roll with IQ as the relevant attribute instead of PB), with a successful roll allowing them to essentially 'absorb' the properties of the material for later duplication.

I await your criticisms with baited breath.


Last edited by fbdaury on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:50 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
fbdaury wrote:
Knuckle Dusters
This minor power allows the possessor to generate a coating of various materials over their hands both for offensive and defensive purposes.
Protection: The character receives +20 SDC +3/level of experience protection to their hands and can strike even metal/stone surfaces without harm to themselves.
Offensive: These covers can take any form the possessor desires (fixed at time of character creation) but all provide the user with a bonus of +2d6 to their hand attacks at level +2 damage/level of experience (this is in addition to their normal hand strike damage).
Special: What really makes this power dangerous is the ability of the user to create the coverings out of 1d4+1 different materials- steel is generally a given but the smart user will also potentially pick silver, wood, etc. as additional materials in order to be able to harm certain creatures vulnerable to those materials! Must pick at least 2 of the materials at character creation but can define the additional materials at any future point that they are able to hold and examine that material, essentially 'absorbing' the properties of the material for later duplication.

I await your criticisms with baited breath.



Could I select depleted uranium? Or fully radioactive materials? Or poison oak? Might want to either give this power the upgrade of 'can handle selected material safely'(though that could lead to arguably Major power breaks) or place a limiter like 'material must able to be normally safely handed by the power user'.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:15 am
  

User avatar
Explorer

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:43 pm
Posts: 188
taalismn wrote:
fbdaury wrote:
Knuckle Dusters
This minor power allows the possessor to generate a coating of various materials over their hands both for offensive and defensive purposes.
Protection: The character receives +20 SDC +3/level of experience protection to their hands and can strike even metal/stone surfaces without harm to themselves.
Offensive: These covers can take any form the possessor desires (fixed at time of character creation) but all provide the user with a bonus of +2d6 to their hand attacks at level +2 damage/level of experience (this is in addition to their normal hand strike damage).
Special: What really makes this power dangerous is the ability of the user to create the coverings out of 1d4+1 different materials- steel is generally a given but the smart user will also potentially pick silver, wood, etc. as additional materials in order to be able to harm certain creatures vulnerable to those materials! Must pick at least 2 of the materials at character creation but can define the additional materials at any future point that they are able to hold and examine that material, essentially 'absorbing' the properties of the material for later duplication.

I await your criticisms with baited breath.



Could I select depleted uranium? Or fully radioactive materials? Or poison oak? Might want to either give this power the upgrade of 'can handle selected material safely'(though that could lead to arguably Major power breaks) or place a limiter like 'material must able to be normally safely handed by the power user'.


Well gloves under the Dusters would help with Poison Oak- Depleted Uranium not so much, plus you first have to handle the material to absorb it's properties and few would have access to D-U. I suppose protective arm wear or Control Radiation or other powers that would you allow you to handle it would be fine, if you can get your hands on it in the firt place. I think I need to add some clarity about the power - edit incoming.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 43564
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Thanks. It's an improvement. :)

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:58 pm
  

User avatar
Virtuoso of Variants

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 6745
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
fbdaury wrote:
edit incoming.
Looking forward to it.

_________________
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Main_Page


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group