Wake Up Splicers!

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

OrionPrime
D-Bee

Wake Up Splicers!

Unread post by OrionPrime »

Wake Up Splicers! I know I am a bit of lurker, but there has been a down turn of post here.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Re: Wake Up Splicers!

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

OrionPrime wrote:Wake Up Splicers! I know I am a bit of lurker, but there has been a down turn of post here.

Probably because the game's being allowed to stagnate. Sad, because I like it better than Rifts.
Yes, I know, I utter blasphemy.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

ZZZZZZzzzzzzz ………
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz ……..
GAH! What?! I'm up, I'm up! Yeesh! :badbad:
*cough cough*
*groan* Don't DO that! I'm an old man, fer Thoth's sake! I need a minimum of six decades sleep per century to properly maintain a healthy balance! :badbad:
Last edited by BookWyrm on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Yeah, the amount of fan stuff is pretty amazing for a book/world that has had one book and a bit of Rifter support in how many years?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Nightmartree
Adventurer
Comment: I don't know what i'm doing, that's for realities GM to figure out

Unread post by Nightmartree »

can we just bring up the splicer final solution?

its a secret project to release a metal eating bio plague to counter the nano plague, of course it won't let them use metal (cause its being eaten) but it will slowly degrade all metal world wide, essentially doing to the machine what it did to humanity except the machine itself is metal.

The reason the houses haven't released it? They're afraid of the machines retaliation and madness as its systems degrade to the bio plague. And the machine wouldn't just sit quietly, non-degradable plastics, energy fields and other forms of containment could slow or even stop the plague for a time...
Razur
D-Bee

Unread post by Razur »

I like it! Probably deserves its own thread really. Maybe we can call it something other than final solution though, don't want to hurt any feelings. Omega Plan or something of that nature maybe.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Well there is some Splice movement happening:

1. PB is working to get SPLICERS: I AM LEGION Adventure Series available via PDF and possible print on demand. If this does well enough, I m confident KS will be sure to get more support for Splicers out sooner than later.

2. There are (2) completed manuscripts for sourcebooks submitted by Galactus Kid that I will be campaigning for release.

3. I've been working on several major projects for Splicers; including SPLICERS Evolved Edition, SPLICERS: Arm's Race sourcebook (Tentative title) and SPLICERS: The Preserves volume 1 sourcebook.

The key is PB needs to see that Splicers is worth supporting via publication wise. It certainly is getting AL LOT of attention in recent times and we (Spliceheads) must show our BIO Force!!!!! I cordially suggest Spliceheads to write your reviews on Drivethur rpg net and elsewhere about the game to help garner more fresh meat as well as conduct more Splicers campaigns. Build it and they will come.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Premier wrote:Well there is some Splice movement happening:

1. PB is working to get SPLICERS: I AM LEGION Adventure Series available via PDF and possible print on demand. If this does well enough, I m confident KS will be sure to get more support for Splicers out sooner than later.

2. There are (2) completed manuscripts for sourcebooks submitted by Galactus Kid that I will be campaigning for release.

3. I've been working on several major projects for Splicers; including SPLICERS Evolved Edition, SPLICERS: Arm's Race sourcebook (Tentative title) and SPLICERS: The Preserves volume 1 sourcebook.

The key is PB needs to see that Splicers is worth supporting via publication wise. It certainly is getting AL LOT of attention in recent times and we (Spliceheads) must show our BIO Force!!!!! I cordially suggest Spliceheads to write your reviews on Drivethur rpg net and elsewhere about the game to help garner more fresh meat as well as conduct more Splicers campaigns. Build it and they will come.

I'm not a Splicers fan, but even I'm excited about this revelation! Palladium finally working on something that isn't Rifts or zombie related? WOW! Now if they could just get some Beyond the Supernatural stuff going...
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Jack Burton wrote:

I'm not a Splicers fan, but even I'm excited about this revelation! Palladium finally working on something that isn't Rifts or zombie related? WOW! Now if they could just get some Beyond the Supernatural stuff going...

they've been working on some of this for ages. i am legion has been in the works for years, those 2 sourcebooks were at least originally submitted by GK a couple years back i think (the submission may have been tweaked, updated, rewritten, etc since then), and slappy and premier have been working on stuff for years as well. i'm as interested in new splicers material as anyone, but i don't think it wise to get too hyped up for it (unless you can maintain the hype for years) because they're coming "soon" in palladium terms, which could mean any number of things.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Shark_Force wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:

they've been working on some of this for ages. i am legion has been in the works for years, those 2 sourcebooks were at least originally submitted by GK a couple years back i think (the submission may have been tweaked, updated, rewritten, etc since then), and slappy and premier have been working on stuff for years as well. i'm as interested in new splicers material as anyone, but i don't think it wise to get too hyped up for it (unless you can maintain the hype for years) because they're coming "soon" in palladium terms, which could mean any number of things.

Well, SPLICERS: I am Legion is at the printers with a June 22nd, 2018 delivery estimation date and the PDF is already available on Drivethru.

Getting the support for this will hopefully get the locomotion going even faster for the other Splicers titles in the pipeline. I know I am energized with what is brewing , not with just Legion, but the other titles submitted by GK as well as what else is gestating.
OrionPrime
D-Bee

Unread post by OrionPrime »

I already ordered mine!
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Definitely gonna pick this up
The Dragon Has Spoken
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Great to see a book coming out.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Also got mine!
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

I would like to send a special THANK YOU Shout out to EVERY one of you that has shown such incredible support with I Am Legion. I am amazed by you guys and am extremely proud of this wonderful community. Its because of you that I stay so pumped up and fueled with ideas and keep churning on more SPLICE when I'm not working on other assignments/projects!!!! It is extremely humbling but also a major win for us to finally get a new book out.

With such support, I'm growing more confident that we will see more Splice flowing. Please be sure to share your reviews of the book both here and on Drivethru as it helps expand the Splice, when people read your reviews.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Does the new book have character sheets...?
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
BookWyrm
Champion

Vrykolas2k wrote:Does the new book have character sheets...?

No, sorry.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

I AM LEGION ... is a great book.
I love the Tempest Vanguardian Biotics.
Restored Biotics.
The Legionare Cyborgs are Great.
The Machine/Biotech creations by Legion are cool too.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

I haven't posted on the forum for quite a while... perhaps i should remedy that!
The last few years has been spent submitting material to the Rifter and contributing to the Blood & Iron Source Book.
I have a lot of cutting room floor material, that i have been seriously considering fleshing out and posting on the forum
connecting the dots
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

The Abandoned Gene-Pool fluid starts to bubble.
More and more bubbles growing to raging boil in the fluid itself. The fluid steams and hisses as it boils.
Something stirs within the fluid. A Figure emerges slowly through the boiling, steaming, and hissing mists bubbling up into the air. The figure stretches its arms as if awakening from a slumber. The figures steps forth into view...
"Dang it guys. I said 5 more minutes. 5 dang more minutes."
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

You know this lack of historical knowledge seems to imply that humanity itself actively purged knowledge of its own past.

IIRC Carmen Bellaire, had intended to have a group called something like "Bookworms" who were dedicated to collecting and preserving the many books that remain in existence... and yet in true grimdark manor were hoarding this knowledge strictly for themselves. IIRC because they didn't see humanity as worthy of the knowledge.

If any one knows what bloody year it is and what the name of the planet is I'd bet it's those blood 'Bookworms'...
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Wow that was a long nap. Nice to see ya'll again.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Quantum07
Explorer

Unread post by Quantum07 »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:Wow that was a long nap. Nice to see ya'll again.

Well, if the Ziggurat is awake, I might as well start posting too. He and I have been working on a new sector, will be posting it soon, as well as a bunch of new OCC, gear, the machine, and a bunch of stuff for the oceans.
BookWyrm
Champion

Slight001 wrote:You know this lack of historical knowledge seems to imply that humanity itself actively purged knowledge of its own past.

IIRC Carmen Bellaire, had intended to have a group called something like "Bookworms" who were dedicated to collecting and preserving the many books that remain in existence... and yet in true grimdark manor were hoarding this knowledge strictly for themselves. IIRC because they didn't see humanity as worthy of the knowledge.

If any one knows what bloody year it is and what the name of the planet is I'd bet it's those blood 'Bookworms'...

A bespectacled Splicer Geneticist with long scraggly hair leans in from off-left into view, winks & raises a talon-mailed finger to his lips, makes a "shhhhh!" sound, pauses, then whispers; "Spoilers...."
Str-8 male Dom/Top;

Return to “Splicers®”