The Return of Dusk Viper (bookish legal Eugenics Char)

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

The Return of Dusk Viper (bookish legal Eugenics Char)

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Many many moons ago I made a ‘true’ eugenics character using the Eugenics rules where they were part of a centuries long breeding program to bring back a lost race of snake people. Sadly the game died and due to a snafu on my part when my old laptop bit the dust I lost the character sheet, but a couple of friends of mine are talking about doing a rotating GM skype game and we’re looking at getting the band back together which means I have to remake the character. That part isn’t to hard as I mostly remember what I took and the budget but as we’re all revamping the characters some I thought I’d ask for ideas/advice. Now we’re not making everything 100% book legal only, but we’re also trying not to go to crazy coloring outside the lines here. Also anything that is outside the normal rules will have to be approved by the 2 other GM’s running the game not just me.

The big questions is as part of the returned race was an ability to look human if at least for short amounts of times (I didn’t steal this from the Conan the Adventurer series, it’s totally parallel evolution), and the last time I made the character the best suggestion for this was to take “Must Transform for Power” even though that’s not really a Eugenics thing. That sorta worked but we had disagreements about what powers that would cover, which was her normal form and what happened when unconscious, etc, so I’m looking for some other ideas this time. I thought maybe make a power to buy that allows a temporary illusion or VERY limited shape change, but iffy on how well that’d work and how much to make that cost.

So with that down I’m interested to see what others here think might work out.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
dreicunan
Hero

Re: The Return of Dusk Viper (bookish legal Eugenics Char)

Unread post by dreicunan »

Daniel Stoker wrote:Many many moons ago I made a ‘true’ eugenics character using the Eugenics rules where they were part of a centuries long breeding program to bring back a lost race of snake people. Sadly the game died and due to a snafu on my part when my old laptop bit the dust I lost the character sheet, but a couple of friends of mine are talking about doing a rotating GM skype game and we’re looking at getting the band back together which means I have to remake the character. That part isn’t to hard as I mostly remember what I took and the budget but as we’re all revamping the characters some I thought I’d ask for ideas/advice. Now we’re not making everything 100% book legal only, but we’re also trying not to go to crazy coloring outside the lines here. Also anything that is outside the normal rules will have to be approved by the 2 other GM’s running the game not just me.

The big questions is as part of the returned race was an ability to look human if at least for short amounts of times (I didn’t steal this from the Conan the Adventurer series, it’s totally parallel evolution), and the last time I made the character the best suggestion for this was to take “Must Transform for Power” even though that’s not really a Eugenics thing. That sorta worked but we had disagreements about what powers that would cover, which was her normal form and what happened when unconscious, etc, so I’m looking for some other ideas this time. I thought maybe make a power to buy that allows a temporary illusion or VERY limited shape change, but iffy on how well that’d work and how much to make that cost.

So with that down I’m interested to see what others here think might work out.

Daniel Stoker

I'd suggest that limited Shape-changing (just one alternative form) costs 1 million, full power (same as major power) costs 2 million.

The other option would perhaps be a slight adaptation of the Brain: Psionics (illusionary) power set if ectoplasmic disguise, which comes with that choice, wouldn't suit your needs. If it would, just take that! That choice is also 2 million.

(You might see if sacrificing the other two physical powers of choice that come with that option in exchange for 20 minutes or even 30 minutes per level duration for ectoplasmic disguise would fit the character concept better.)
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Or just make her a mega-hero?
Then she gets a powerless human form and a powered snake form?
Perhaps stated to be a flaw the breeding program hadn't corrected just yet?
Or perhaps a deliberate "slealth mode".....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Not familiar with the Eugenics Category (don't have that book), but for the feel of what you are trying for these haven't been mentioned

Lycantrophy (major) is said to be genetic based mutation, you'd have to workout a non-listed alt-form (IINM PF LotD2 has an RCC for this).

Animal Metamorphosis (major)

Alter Facial Features & Physical Stature (major) or Alter Physical Body (minor)
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Sir_Spirit wrote:Or just make her a mega-hero?
Then she gets a powerless human form and a powered snake form?
Perhaps stated to be a flaw the breeding program hadn't corrected just yet?
Or perhaps a deliberate "slealth mode".....

That's basically what we did last time but then had debates about things like Psionics that I'd bought for the character and if they'd work etc so I was hoping to find a different solution this time if possible.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Well, maybe her "mental powers"[psionics plus, if she had stun attack or or bookworm or something like that] stay in her human form but physical powers are reduced/unavaliable?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”