Multiple Lives = best Major regen pwer if + immortality.....

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

tsh77769
Dungeon Crawler

Multiple Lives = best Major regen pwer if + immortality.....

Unread post by tsh77769 »

So I was looking at the Major regen powers...

Multiple Lives from the HU core book
Regeneration Ultima from the PU1
Super Regeneration from PU3

FOR COMBINING WITH IMMORTALITY, the goal being to create a character that while NOT invulnerable and CAN be hurt, is very difficult to actually kill for good. I now this has been done before. I'm offering you the opprotunity to convince me to change my formula (BTW is there a minor power that allows for limb regeneration? I sure could not find it).

The reason I think Multiple Lives is the best is...

Regeneration of Lost Appendages and Limbs: Regeneration Ultima is faster for fingers and toes, the same for hand, feet, ears, nose, and internal organs and SLOWER for limbs!! Super Regeneration has a finger, toe, hand or foot being faster, an entire limb being the same time, multiple limbs would actually be SLOWER, and I'm not sure how to compare the half or more of the body as that most likely would kill the Multiple Lives guy (though he would come back, but with level loss and other penalties).

Scarring:Pretty much all the same here. Although one of the competitors allows for the possibility of scarring from magic or psionics IIRC.

Regeneration from Death:Multiple Live is the king here. Multiple Lives is 8 +1D4 times, Regeneration Ultima allows for this twice, and Super Regeneration, oddly, not at all.

Decapitation:See above.

Healing: Here is where the Regen powers shine. Multiple Lives isn't even in the running.

Impervious to disease and bonuses vs. toxins, gases and so forth: Multiple lives does not provide this, the Regen powers do, but Immortality has something comparable.

I think Immortality, Multiple Beings, and Multiple lives is one amazingly potent combo. A one-ish man army (well squad anyways) of very hard to kill guys all working as a close knit unified team. Very interesting.

tsh77769
Nightmartree
Adventurer
Comment: I don't know what i'm doing, that's for realities GM to figure out

Re: Multiple Lives = best Major regen pwer if + immortality.

Unread post by Nightmartree »

super regen or regen ultima (can't remember which one is better for this) plus the minor power of indestructible bones. You can die if enough of your internal organs and brain are destroyed, but to do that they have to damage them through your now indestructible ribcage/skull. It would take some very uncommon circumstances or an intentional effort by someone who knows your powers and weaknesses to kill you. This isn't counting that there are usually several minor powers more you can add to improve survivability. This is something simple a normal mutant can do to simulate an incredibly hard to kill but still vulnerable to injury character.

It doesn't use immortality but depending on your power category there is a lot of major or minor powers left to add on
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Not sure how fun a game would be to play with a character like that. If you know your character wont die, he or she could just be a steamroller with little thought to strategizing how to stay alive. I don't know... maybe it would be cool...
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Have you looked at Zombie Flesh?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I'm not sure if I would allow those powers to stack. I'd probably allow a character to take one the same as if they were selecting a strength or speed power.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Nightmartree
Adventurer

Jack Burton wrote:Not sure how fun a game would be to play with a character like that. If you know your character wont die, he or she could just be a steamroller with little thought to strategizing how to stay alive. I don't know... maybe it would be cool...

You have to focus on things besides your own life, essentially no one likes pain and dying so your goals include "don't die" but its a secondary one, you can fail to survive and still come out the other side smiling because your death saved X persons life or stopped that missile launch. You also never come out of a fight going "at least I survived,thats a victory" because surviving or dying doesn't mean all that much to you...

Also you are vulnerable to harm, so you don't steamroll like a heavy hitter or invulnerable, you can be incapacitated or injured or captured, your just not going down for the final count. Its never fun to be dead, whether as a character or as the player who didn't think and died early on, even if you revive its gonna take a while and you can't affect anything during that time...thats a big enough penalty to me to encourage survival, or to encourage you to die in such a way you can just sit in smug silence or brag till you revive.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Just means your enemies can get -creative- about hurting you...or going around you and hurting people and things you care about.
And if they figure out how to subject you to a Living Death, you'd wish one of your powers was something else more practical for stopping them.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Nightmartree wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:Not sure how fun a game would be to play with a character like that. If you know your character wont die, he or she could just be a steamroller with little thought to strategizing how to stay alive. I don't know... maybe it would be cool...

You have to focus on things besides your own life, essentially no one likes pain and dying so your goals include "don't die" but its a secondary one, you can fail to survive and still come out the other side smiling because your death saved X persons life or stopped that missile launch. You also never come out of a fight going "at least I survived,thats a victory" because surviving or dying doesn't mean all that much to you...

Also you are vulnerable to harm, so you don't steamroll like a heavy hitter or invulnerable, you can be incapacitated or injured or captured, your just not going down for the final count. Its never fun to be dead, whether as a character or as the player who didn't think and died early on, even if you revive its gonna take a while and you can't affect anything during that time...thats a big enough penalty to me to encourage survival, or to encourage you to die in such a way you can just sit in smug silence or brag till you revive.

Ah, I understand what you mean. That may take a little ingenuity on the part of the GM, too. I could see that being interesting.
Regularguy
Adventurer

Unread post by Regularguy »

Not really the same thing, but a combo I’ve wondered about: Gateways plus Sixth Sense. Sure, you’d have to strategize when it comes to playing teleportationist to actually get stuff done, and maybe you’d use clever enough tactics to avoid being in danger while you do it; but figure that you’re always ready to pop back to your secret base of operations if you ever get the warning that, no, despite your best efforts, you’re about to be in a life-threatening situation.

Would that be interesting and playable?
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Regularguy wrote:

Not really the same thing, but a combo I’ve wondered about: Gateways plus Sixth Sense. Sure, you’d have to strategize when it comes to playing teleportationist to actually get stuff done, and maybe you’d use clever enough tactics to avoid being in danger while you do it; but figure that you’re always ready to pop back to your secret base of operations if you ever get the warning that, no, despite your best efforts, you’re about to be in a life-threatening situation.

Would that be interesting and playable?

That sounds totally playable. It would be a good defense and potentially make for a good offensive strategy. I think it would be fun to have a go at.
Nightmartree
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:Just means your enemies can get -creative- about hurting you...or going around you and hurting people and things you care about.
And if they figure out how to subject you to a Living Death, you'd wish one of your powers was something else more practical for stopping them.

concrete shoes, or that one villain whos life goal is to give you an insanity related to how he kills you

"hey jhon?remember me? *que cutscene of your character getting curb stomped in a terrible, agonizing, and disturbing manner you thought was only reserved for bad guys in violent video games* I see you do hahahahaha"
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Nightmartree wrote:[
concrete shoes, or that one villain whos life goal is to give you an insanity related to how he kills you

"hey jhon?remember me? *que cutscene of your character getting curb stomped in a terrible, agonizing, and disturbing manner you thought was only reserved for bad guys in violent video games* I see you do hahahahaha"

"I intend to make you deadly afraid of bright sunny days, happy smiles, apple pie, ice cream and cheerful music. Oh, and steady paychecks."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Nightmartree
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:"I intend to make you deadly afraid of bright sunny days, happy smiles, apple pie, ice cream and cheerful music. Oh, and steady paychecks."

Sad part is I think I can make this work...Sadder part is i'm afraid to go any further in figuring out how it would work cause i'm afraid of where it goes. I will say happy smiling psychos, cheerful music, in a park outdoors, with pie, icecream, and 1 papercheck for every paycheck you ever received in your life...3 items psychological, 3 items physical, 6 items to break a man and prove that darkness hides in the brightest places.

Also wondering if anyone has made a random roll "Things that must not be discussed" a table like "That time with the *rolls* Golfer in *Rolls* Major City *Rolls* Vegas" or "Back then I was a normal man, but after the "Incident" I could never look at *Rolls* Spaghetti the same way again"
tsh77769
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tsh77769 »

HEY GUYS WOW!! I found a minor power that allows limb regeneration. It's anatomical independence form PU1.

Also I found another regen major mower, Divine Healing, IIRC also from PU1.

tsh77769

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”