Half-Faerie RCC

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RainbowDevil
Explorer

Half-Faerie RCC

Unread post by RainbowDevil »

Does anyone know if there are any rules for playing half-faeries in any of Palladium's games, whether from an official source or Rifter? House rules at a pinch if there really is nothing else.

Regards,
RD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Half-Faerie RCC

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There is no such thing as half-breeds in the PB system. That is the only rule that covers half-breeds.
-----------
So people can voice an informed opinion: Are you talking about true fairies or sprites, or one of the other fairy folk?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

By Canon, Officially, there are no mortal half-breeds. The text states plainly no half-breeds, but Demi-Gods are allowed, and Demi-gods, by their nature, are half god, half mortal, but that is nitpicking, and I digress...

One of the Rifters has a Fairy Knight RCC in it, that is 'larger' than normal fairies.
Or in Heroes Unlimited you can choose powers to simulate what might cause one to think one is a half-fairy (but would be from a different source, so being a half breed would just be a belief, not an actual thing).
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. As others have stated, Palladium has a general no half-breeds policy. For races that can interbreed, the child is typically one race or the other (such as the child of a human and an ogre always being an ogre). With that said ...

The Goblin Cobbler can be a good reference. Goblins are considered Faeries that for some reason lost their magical abilities, but the Cobbler has some of that old Faerie magic. In a pinch, you could probably apply the Cobbler powers to another race and call it a half-Faerie. Just a thought, take it or leave it as you please. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
RainbowDevil
Explorer

Thanks for the replies, folks! I think I'll just stick with keeping him a straight mutant in rules. I wanted him part Tasmanian devil, part faerie (I can't remember their name - but the faerie lover ones). His dad was a mutant Tasie devil, his mum was a faerie lover. I'll just keep it as a devil, but maybe give him the ability to make faerie food. Dunno... :)
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Soooooooo
This is your character concept? Image

(Sorry, couldn't help myself)
Oderint Dum Metuant.
RainbowDevil
Explorer

EXACTLY! ;)
mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

Unread post by mercedogre »

even the amazons that mate with an ogre or male do not have half-breeds, if the child is born male it is 100 percent what ever the father was and if its female its 100 percent amazon
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

While half-breeds are overall a no-no in PB settings, demigods are a thing, so there might be some excuse/wiggle room for beings with "the blood of spirits", conected to the weirder creatures of magic & such, i guess, on a background-wise level.

Mechanically i would go with Prysus' Cobbler Goblin suggestion, though i would probably tweak the powers to account for a specific Fae ancestry, if known.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I ran with the Demigod plan when I want to do this sort of thing.
Just file the serial numbers off and your good to go.
You don't even have to have the direct parent be a god, my most recent Demi-God is basically a 'throw back' who represents a peaking of the power of a divinely founded bloodline.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

eliakon wrote:I ran with the Demigod plan when I want to do this sort of thing.
Just file the serial numbers off and your good to go.
You don't even have to have the direct parent be a god, my most recent Demi-God is basically a 'throw back' who represents a peaking of the power of a divinely founded bloodline.

I do the same thing with my "Half Dragon". If you want to make a being that is half mortal and half something else it's a great place to start.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Me i use the demigod angle as an excuse/explanation of sorts - ergo, if deities/supernatural intelligences can mix up with any mortal races, some other "more magic than flesh critters" might have the capacity too.

For mechanics, i use Demigod or Dragon Hatchling RCC for those cases where the progenitor/ancestor is on the 1000s+ MDC level like a dragon, deity, demon lord or AI.

In the case of puisant beings, like greater demons/deevils, fae or whatever, i just use the random rolled monsters table from RMB - or the Cernun Mystic from Rifts:England - as a framework of sorts to riff from in how to tweak a basic OCC & XP costs along the way.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

No half-breeds in Palladium. :|

But a demigod-fairy would be possible according to the rules :wink: .
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Sohisohi
Explorer

Re: Half-RCC

Unread post by Sohisohi »

I'm not sure if this is on topic but if I allow half-breeds via magic or genetics, I do it as fallowed: roll against each parent to see which stat and/or ability is kept.

Ice Dragon wrote:No half-breeds in Palladium. :|
But a demigod-fairy would be possible according to the rules :wink: .

Half-Zombie is also a thing.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Now if you mean the Real World Drudged into a submissive zombie state.....then no, the breeding will just produce another human.

If you mean 'in game' with a undead monster, it is the same as with the half-vampire question...are you not understanding what unDEAD means? Frelling No!

Crosses done with via magic would most likely favor one parent or the other. Demigods are the example for this. Through your favorite gene splicer...will make a third speice that might breed true if app. gen. sib was also made...
Look in the Powers Unlimited 2 game book for the relevant text.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”